- Website – www.spartanslots.com
- Launched in 2008
- Licensed by Curaco Gaming Commission
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone – 1-800-658-2910
Our Spartan Slots Casino Review
Want to know more about Spartan Slots Casino? Would you like to know more about their banking options, promos and games?
Then you’re in the right spot.
This here is our Spartan Slots review. All the information is below, and if you have any specific questions, the fastest way to find the answers is to click on one of the following topics:
- Background – We cover who Spartan Slots are, including their licensing info and if they’ve ever been part of a scandal.
- Banking – This section covers what banking options you can use, as well as Spartan Slots’ limits and fees.
- Promotions – Learn what deals they offer, which includes the bonus you can get when you sign up.
- Games – Find out which software companies Spartan gets their games from. We also cover what games you can play, what you can’t play, and what we like and don’t like about them.
- Conclusion – Last, we give you our overall thoughts on Spartan Slots, which includes whether we think you should join their casino …or if you’re better off playing somewhere else.
You can also start at the very beginning, and then work your way down.
Let’s get started.
Let’s talk a little bit about Spartan Slots’ background.
Who is Spartan Slots?
Spartan Slots is an online casino operated by Engage Entertainment and Deck Media. The casino has been online since 2008.
This is a bit tricky to explain.
It doesn’t look like Spartan Slots has been part of any scams or scandals. But ThePogg.com says that their companies - primarily Engage Entertainment – has had some past issues.
Here are a few examples:
- Many (Deck Media) casino operators have not responded to complaints posted on AskGamblers.com.
- One time Sloto’Cash sent a payment to a US credit/debit card provider. This resulted in a player having their card locked, leaving them with no money. The casino declined to help the player.
- 7Spins Casino didn’t communicate with ThePogg.com about a player issue. ThePogg.com decided then that the casino is non-responsive and ultimately dangerous, because if the casino isn’t responsive, players have no recourse for (legit) issues.
- 21Dukes took 2 years to pay a player a low 5-figure balance. They also pressured the player to play more, suggesting that they’d get paid faster.
- Sunset Slots was accused by Casinomeister.com of illegally obtaining a mailing list.
Most of these issues stem from Engage Entertainment properties.
It’s hard to say how much weight to give most of these complaints. While helpful, online casinos aren’t obligated to work with “mediators” when players have problems. The same goes for US players who deposit/cash out using credit cards. They know the risks.
The other issue I have with these complaints is that in other Deck Media / Engagement Entertainment casino reviews, ThePogg.com says their (mediation) experience was positive, and that this group of US-focused casinos has fewer unresolved complaints (on AskGamblers.com).
Last – and probably the most important – is you will not find Engage Entertainment, Deck Media or any of their casinos – including Sunset Slots, Spartan Slots, 21Dukes, etc. – on any legit blacklists – including Casinomeister.com.
In fact, many of these are ‘accredited’ or ‘endorsed’ casinos from the most honest and legit gambling review sites.
The bottom line – while you shouldn’t ignore warnings or potential scam complaints, it’s important to dig and collect more information, connect the dots and determine how accurate these claims may be. They might be true, but they could also be exaggerated or outright bogus.
I have a feeling many of these claims might fit in one of the latter categories.
What Countries Does Spartan Slots Accept?
It’ll be easier to say who cannot play at Spartan Slots. And that includes players from the following countries:
- American Samoa
- Hong Kong
- Chinese Taipei
- Congo Republic
- US Virgin Islands
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- North Korea
- French Guyana
- Puerto Rico
If you run into any problems, or have any questions not answered by their (very basic) FAQ, you can reach out to Spartan Slots’ support using the following channels:
This section covers what banking options Spartan Slots accepts, banking limits, time frames and any fees they may charge.
You can fund your account using:
- American Express
- Easy Debit
- Bank Wire
- Money Transfer
The minimum deposit you can make is $25.
There doesn’t appear to be fees, but because they accept deposits in multiple currencies – including USD, CAD, AUD, EUR and ZAR – they do say there may be fees if they have to convert your currency to one they accept.
You can use the following options to cash out of Spartan Slots:
- Money Transfer - $100 minimum
- Bank Wire - $500 minimum
- Bank Transfers - $100 minimum - 7-10 days
- Checks - $300 minimum - 12 days
It can take up to 3 days for Spartan Slots to process your cash out. Fees range from $10 to $30, depending on the option you use. The max you can cash out is $1,000-$35,000 per week (depends on VIP level).
It doesn’t look like they offer e-wallets for a cash out option, though other reviews say they do. It’d be nice if they did, as that’d be a faster option for some players. That or maybe credit cards.
Here are the details about Spartan Slots’ promotions, including their evergreen offers, welcome bonus, VIP program, and more.
Their welcome bonus is a 500% match bonus on each of your first 5 deposits. On top of that you’ll get 25 free spins. The max you can receive from this bonus is $5,000.
One problem I have is they don’t make it very clear what the limits of the bonus are. They tell you the match percentage, but don’t say how much you can get. The information wasn’t in their bonus terms, either – I had to find it on another website.
Do they have any ongoing offers?
Spartan Slots offers several ongoing offers. The following is a brief description of each other, including any important details about limits and terms.
Greedy Goblins slot tournament
Participate and you can win as much as $10,000 for first place.
Free Spins Tournament
Participate in their Free Spins Tournament and you can win up to 100 free spins. All you need to do is play their preselected games and collect 1 tournament point for every $10 you wager.
The more points you have, the higher up you’ll place on their leaderboard. The players with the most points will win the free spins – with as much as 100 free spins awarded for 1st place.
Similar to the slots tournament above, play in their roulette tournament and you’ll earn points. The more points you earn, the higher you’ll place on their leaderboard. The players with the most points will win money – as much as $5,000 (per week).
Every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday you can participate in their VIP ‘Clash of the Titans.’ The top winners will split $200,000 in cash. The top prize was just north of $40,000 when I last looked. The minimum buy-in for this tourney is $500.
In addition to the promos and tournaments described above, they also have daily offers. These literally change on a day-to-day basis. That means if you want to know what they’re offering today, you’ll need to go to Spartan Slots to check it out.
But I want to give you an idea of what these look like. So here are the details for a Tuesday promo (the day we reviewed them):
- High-Stakes Tuesday – Grab a 300% deposit bonus up to $1,000.
- High-Stakes Tuesday – Deposit anywhere from $500 to $999 and get a 250% match bonus.
- High-Stakes Tuesday – Get a 200% bonus on deposits of $200 to $499.
- High-Stakes Tuesday – Get a 150% bonus on deposits of up to $200.
One weird thing about their daily promos is they named every offer the same thing. I thought this made it a bit confusing.
The other thing I noticed is that whenever you clicked on one of these offers – so I could check out their limits and bonus terms – they took me straight to the cashier. They didn’t cover any of these details on the offer page.
This creates more legwork than I think most people will want to do. They’ll either sign up blind – which is a TERRIBLE idea – or go somewhere else. So, I think it’d be a good idea for Spartan Slots to highlight this information along with the offer.
Anyway, that wraps up their ongoing offers.
Spartan Slots VIP Program
They do. All you need to do is ‘remain an active member’ on their site. The more you play, the higher your VIP level, thus the more goodies you’ll earn.
Here are some of the perks you can expect from their VIP program:
- Get exclusive promotions.
- Get invites to special tournaments.
- Receive bigger casino bonus offers.
What Are Their Bonus Terms? What Games Can You play to Clear Your Bonuses?
To clear their offers, you’ll need to play through the deposit and bonus 25x. This is a tad high, but not terrible or too far off from other casino’s rollovers.
However, this rollover changes based on the bonus you get and/or the games you play to clear it.
They also have a cash out limit of $100 on sign up bonuses. And, before you can request a cash out on a sign up bonus, you must have had at least one approved deposit to your account.
As far as games go, here’s what you can play and how it contributes to your bonus:
- Slots – 100%
- Video Poker – 20%
- Roulette, Casino War, Mini-baccarat, Keno and Weed Whacker – 10%
- Blackjack – 2.5%
The percentage for video poker is a tad higher than what you’d find at other casinos. But blackjack is low. So there’s a bit of a tradeoff there.
Here are the details behind Spartan Slots’ games, including their software, compatibility and any thoughts we have.
What software does Spartan Slots use? What are the pros and cons of their software?
Their software comes from Betsoft, ViG, Rival and Parlay Entertainment. They also list a few on their site as “others.”
The pros are their 3D slots. Betsoft makes some excellent slot machines. I’ve said it time and time again, but their 3D slots are like playing a video game that pays when you win. The graphics are excellent, the bonus rounds are fun, and the intro/cut scenes are fun to watch.
The con(s) is that Betsoft has had recent trust issues. It’s been reported that some of their progressive machines are broken – you can’t actually win some of their progressive jackpots. They’ve also refused to pay a progressive jackpot winner.
Overall, I feel this creates trust issues with Spartan. What happens if you win a progressive jackpot? Will Spartan Slots pay you, or say tough luck?
And, if Spartan Slots is willing to work with Betsoft, how do you know the other software companies they work with aren’t just as bad – maybe even worse?
Just some food for thought.
Spartan Slots has a download for Windows users. They have a Flash-based instant play casino, too, for Windows, Mac and Linux users.
There are many slot machines you can play. Here are some of our favorites:
- Great 88
- Paco And The Popping Peppers
- Black Diamond
- Lions Roar
- Crazy Jungle
- Wild Sevens
- Good Girl, Bad Girl
- Greedy Goblins
- New Tales Of Egypt
- More Gold Diggin
- Diablo 13
- Witches Cauldron
- Alkemor’s Tower
- Mr. Vegas
- Treasure Room
- Kawaii Kitty
- 7 Monkeys
- Rook’s Revenge
- Slots Angels
- The True Sheriff
- Mega Glam Life
- 2 Million Bc
- Safari Sam
- Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde
- A Night In Paris
- 7th Heaven
- Barbary Coast
- Event Horizon
- Red White Blue 5 Line
They have a good selection of 3D, video and classic slots, as well as slots with features like bonus rounds, multipliers, cascading wilds, and more.
Here are your table game options:
- American blackjack
- Royale Blackjack
- Crystal Blackjack
- Multihand Blackjack
- Super 7 Blackjack
- Single Deck Blackjack
- Roulette Titanium
- Double Exposure Blackjack
- Roulette Black Diamond
- Electronic Roulette
- Casino War
At first glance, my thought process is that this is a super weak table game selection – made barely tolerable thanks to the live dealer games.
Then I remembered this is “Spartan Slots.”
So, given the focus here is (probably) on slot machines, this is a pretty good selection of table games. Especially considering both the live dealer options and the blackjack variants, Royale and Crystal, which you don’t see much of.
They have a small list of video poker machines. Your options include:
- Jacks or better
- Joker poker
- Deuces and joker
- Deuces wild
- Joker poker – a 2nd one
Again, this seems like a small list until you remember this isn’t your regular online casino. At least that’s what I’m assuming based on their name. So, having anything that’s not slots is a bonus.
I’ll take what I can get.
Here are the other games you can play:
- Tiki treasure scratch
- Beach bums scratch
- Pirates pillage scratch
- Penguin payday scratch
- Cash for cash scratch
- Weed whacker
Do they have a mobile app, casino or mobile-compatible games?
Spartan offers mobile-compatible casino games. Just visit their website from your phone or tablet and you’ll see they have a mobile-responsive website. Android and Apple devices will be compatible, while BlackBerry and Windows devices will be hit and miss.
You can also see which games are mobile-responsive from their main (desktop) casino – each mobile game will have a small phone icon next to the game title/description.
Hey, you made it to the end. Let’s recap the review with what we liked least and what we liked most about Spartan Slots.
What do we like least about Spartan Slots?
There are a few things that stood out to me:
- I had to dig for their promotion terms - Most casinos place this information front and center. Not only is it more convenient, but it doesn’t feel as if they’re trying to hide anything.
- They work with Betsoft - Despite the software company’s recent issues with their (broken) machines and refusal to pay progressive jackpot winners.
- I noticed several typos and broken images - These are small things, sure – but if they can’t catch the small stuff, what do you think happens to the big stuff?
- Deckmedia uses or has used Top Game software - Top Game doesn’t have a positive history, and is even on some casino review blacklists. We haven’t seen or heard of any issues yet, but it’s still a stigma that’s hard to shake.
Now, not everything about them is bad.
What do we like most about Spartan Slots?
Here are a few things that stood out to me:
- They have average to slightly above average reviews across the web. - We couldn’t find anything really “wrong” with them – no good reason to avoid or blacklist them.
- They have a good variety of promotions - Between a welcome bonus, regular deposit bonuses, slot and roulette tournaments, and a VIP program.
- They accept players from the United States
- Some online review sites endorse them - One of which is the popular site, the Wizard of Odds. As a part of that endorsement, they promise to intervene if you have a problem getting paid. The Wizard of Odds doesn’t just endorse anyone, either.
So, with all of that being said…
Do we recommend Spartan Slots?
They seem to be an okay casino. Other than continuing to offer Betsoft games, I see no reason not to check Spartan Slots out.
Give them a try and let us know what you think.