- Website – www.karamba.com
- Launched in 2005
- Licensed by Malta Gaming Authority
- Email – [email protected]
- Telephone +356 22585000
Karamba Casino Review for 2021
Karamba.com launched back in 2005 but received a makeover in 2015. It caters to an extensive global customer base, and its expanded list of financial options will reflect that.
There is a massive menu of deposit options, and all banking is fee-free.
The service primarily focuses on slot games although there are some table and live table action available and a dedicated scratch cards area that’s also included in the mobile casino.
The welcome bonus is fairly standard, but there are daily rotating promotions that will also provide some additional value added opportunities for loyal players.
In this review, we’ll cover:
- The quality banking program with a vast assortment of financial funding options offered to players.
- Karamba’s Casino that is built using a variety of software companies to provide better variety in gaming.
- Promotional programs that cover a welcome bonus plus weekly free spins and monthly cash back offers as well as the relatively new Loyalty Program that has some significant benefits, especially for higher-tiered players.
- The owners and operators that make this internet casino service possible.
- Some things we really like about the service and a few suggestions of things that could be changed to enhance it more.
- Everything you should need to know so you can decide if you want to give Karamba a spin.
A welcoming new player bonus?
The welcome bonus is a consecutive three-day package that involves a deposit match as well as some free spins.
- 100% up to £200 plus 20 free spins
- 40 free spins
- Final 40 free spins plus an exclusive bonus that’s secret until you reach day three
With both a deposit match and free spins involved, there are two rollovers that are attached to this offer. Regarding the 100% award, there’s a 35 times play through that needs to be made, but it’s on the bonus amount only and does not include the deposit.
So, while 35 can be considered pretty substantial, it’s a benefit in that it doesn’t apply to the deposit plus the bonus or the rollover would then be doubled.
The free spins also come with a play through if the player is lucky enough to have some net winnings after everything is played. Any winnings are subject to a 50 times wagering requirement, so new players need to be mindful of all of the rules associated with welcome “gifts.”
How about more promotions for players?
So we’ll preface this by saying that you won’t be seeing a formal reload bonus program and, in our book, that’s not necessarily a bad thing. Some of the frustration from players seems to come from bonus misuse or misunderstanding of the terms so the less complicated that promotional programs can be, the better.
Besides, don’t you just want to get into the casino and have fun without having to count down your rollover requirements to make sure your winnings are going to become real cash?
So, here are the current offers:
- Cash Back Every Month - The percentage is unspecified, but this promotion is for Platinum, Premium, and Prestige players only. We’ll get to the VIP statuses next to clarify these levels as we’re going to mention them a few times in this section. In any case, the bonus percentage is most likely different depending on the loyalty level attained, but players who have losses to claim can receive this bonus monthly. It’s issued on the 3rd and applies to all wagering in the previous month’s time. All games count toward this refund.
- Sunday Free Spins - This is another loyalty-based program but this time Bronze level and higher players can take advantage of it every Sunday. The higher your VIP status, the more spins you’ll receive but Bronze will receive five so at least they’re in on the fun. Free spins that don’t have any deposit associated with them are subject to the 50 times rollover.
- Daily Karamba - We like this concept as it’s a special surprise promotion every day so, one day you may get a cash back offer, the next it could be some free spins or a raffle could factor into the mix. It’s just a fun way to keep players coming back for more and some days will certainly offer more added value than others.
The Newly Renovated VIP Program
Karamba recently unveiled an updated loyalty program and, as you can tell from the promotions that we’ve already outlined, players receive more value and more promotional opportunities the higher they climb the ranks of the program.
It’s a seven-tier system:
Not only do players receive more free spins on Sundays, but higher level participants receive quite a bit more. There are special bonuses, free spins, and cash back that applies to just the top three tiers, and express cash out for those top three as well.
It’s wise for players to keep track of their performance and the levels they attain, so they can take advantage of all that the program has to offer.
The formula for the program boils down to a system of one reward point issued for every £40 wagered, but that doesn’t include bonus bets or free spins. It has to be £40 in cash.
Everything is automated, so players are opted in when they join and then their game play is automatically tracked every time they log in. The only exceptions to the point system are with the top two tiers, Premium and Prestige.
Players need to be personally invited to receive the benefits at these levels and, of course, have already done some pretty substantial betting before receiving the exclusive invite.
It’s a multi-software platform
Unlike some sites that put their software on display on the homepage or through the casino sorting options, Karamba doesn’t widely publicize the companies that it uses, but it probably should.
Multiple companies are combined to create the casino, and it’s a benefit to having a set-up like this. The quantity can be larger, and the variety is enhanced as each software designer has its own flavor.
There could be even more companies involved that have provided one game here or there, but we were able to find titles from Microgaming, Play ‘n Go, WMS, Neo Games, and NetEnt.
Mobile is a close match
The mobile casino can be accessed by simply typing in karamba.com into any mobile browser, and the casino will convert to mobile formatting with no app required. The majority of games from the full site do come up on smartphones and tablets as well.
You’ll find the entire live casino and the full scratch cards line-up. There aren’t any classic slots, but 155 out of 169 video slots are there as well as 11 out of 18 casino games, aka table and video poker.
That makes a total of 185 games hosted for play on the go.
169 video slot games can be found on karamba.com but, what we find surprising is that there isn’t a dedicated progressive jackpot section. We would think that would be a no-brainer for casinos as players like to see that big money potential, but no luck here.
- Awhile on the Nile
- Viking Runecraft
- Jungle Jim El Dorado
- Moon Temple
- Panda Pow!
- Wild Blood
- Sails of Gold
- Rabbit in the Hat
- Zeus III
- Jade Magician
- Raging Rhino
- Guns ‘n Roses
- Game of Thrones
- Football Champions Cup
- Jack Hammer
- Elements the Awakening
35 of the more simple type games are in this section that does not pop up on smartphones, which is also surprising. Classic slots have some lesser known names, but these are still provided by a few different software companies, so you’ll get a slightly different gaming experience depending on the title selected.
- Sails of Gold
- Joker Pro
- Super Flip
- Fire Joker
- Grand Crown
- Monaco Glamour
- Butterfly Staxx
- Jungle Spirit
- Grim Muerto
- Wizard of Gems
- 7 Sins
- Merry Xmas
- Copy Cats
- Piggy Riches
These must be very popular games with players of this site as they have their own section and menu item even though there are only 19 games. Additionally, the casino made sure that they’re all available for mobile play as well.
So here are the very special and coveted scratch card games:
- VIP Black
- Hit the Bank
- Roll the Dice
- Wild Win Doubler
- Power Cash
- Go 777
- Golden Island
- Disko Keno
- 7 Room
- Royal Slots
- X & O
- 7th Heaven
- Slot 777
- Cash Farm
- Happy Birthday
- Club Pearl
18 games are included in this area with 11 of them on mobile. The odd thing is that nine of them are also the nine games that comprise the live casino, so there is some overlap here. These are table games, live table games, and we also recognized two video poker selections.
- Roulette Lounge
- Roulette Pro
- Jacks or Better
- French Roulette
- Immersive Roulette
- Joker Poker
- Roulette Live
- Roulette Royal
- Blackjack Live
- Auto Roulette
- Roulette VIP
- Baccarat Squeeze
- Blackjack VIP
- Baccarat Live
You’ve already seen these names, but we’ll isolate them for you so you know exactly what can be played via the live dealer experience. All nine of these tables can be accessed from your tablet or smartphone as well. Waiting for the bus? Why not put some chips on a table, right?
- Blackjack Live
- Baccarat Squeeze
- Blackjack VIP
- French Roulette
- Immersive Roulette
- Roulette Live
- Auto Roulette
- Roulette VIP
- Baccarat Live
Need to deposit? You have choices. Lots of them!
One of the best features of this service is the huge menu of banking options that it offers to its players. It’s evident that it’s a globally focused site as some of these methods are specific to just one or two countries.
- Deposit Minimum: 10 in most cases although minimums for credit and debit cards are not provided and Boleto has a minimum 20 (BRL) attached to it.
- Deposit Maximum: Maximum deposit amounts are not noted except for Zimpler at 800 and Payr at 1200.
- Turnaround Times: Most all of these methods are instant except wire transfers can take up to six business days, and Fast Bank Transfer and Boleto can each take up to three.
- Fees: We don’t find any posted deposit fees. And, really, why should there be fees attached to just moving your money into a betting account, right?
Deposit methods that are widely accepted in most locations:
- Visa Credit
- Visa Debit
- Mastercard Credit
- Skrill 1-Tap
- Click and Buy
- Wire Transfer
- Fast Bank Transfer
Deposit methods that are more location specific or have currency stipulations:
- Direct e-banking
- Use My Funds
- Ticket Premium
- Mister Cash
- Mister Cash Mastercard
So, the list does get whittled down significantly but we do like that there aren’t withdrawal fees attached to these transactions.
- Withdrawal Minimum: There’s a meager cash out minimum of just 10 (in multiple currencies). The only exception is with the wire transfer method, and then you need to check with customer service to verify the lowest available amount.
- Withdrawal Maximum: It’s obvious that this is a recreational bettor’s casino as the maximum for the month is set at a very low $7,000. The first payout that’s over $2,300 requires identity verification, and VIP players may be able to get the limit raised individually but, if you win more than 7K, you need to extend payments out for multiple months.
- Fees: Are you ready for it? There are no fees! This casino knows what players require and offers fee-free deposits and withdrawals.
The following are the withdrawal methods along with the turnaround times for each. One thing to note is that the first three days of the payout schedule is attributed to an internal processing program that includes a two day waiting period and then a one-day approval before the request hits the financial institution or provider.
- Visa Debit and Credit Cards: 6-8 business days
- Mastercard and Maestro: 6-8 business days
- Skrill: Three business days
- Neteller: Three business days
- IBANQ: Three business days
- Bank Draft: 8-10 business days
- Wire Transfer: 6-8 business days
How do you contact customer support?
Customer service is not open 24 hours. The hours are 8 AM to 1 AM CET.
The Team Behind the Website
There are two different companies involved in putting out the Karamba Casino operation.
The first is ASG Technologies, the company that is the actual owner of the site. ASG isn’t a huge ownership group, but it does also have the Hopa Casino on its roster. It’s based out of the British Virgin Islands.
Aspire Global International is more hands on as it powers and operates the service along with many other gambling sites. Aspire has a group of software companies that it utilizes to put together the gaming platform.
As far as licensing and regulation, everything is up to date through both the Malta Gaming Authority and the UK Gambling Commission for its remote licensing that all providers of gaming services must secure to offer it to residents in the United Kingdom.
What is odd, though, is that the iTech Labs certificate for random number generation is more than just a bit dated.
In fact, it’s from 2008, so it’s odd that an updated document wouldn’t be linked to the website’s homepage. We do know, though, that the UK has stringent requirements on its licensees, so independent testing had to have been conducted to comply with regulation.
Who Can Register and Play on Karamba.com?
Whereas most every gaming site has a list of included or excluded countries in its terms and conditions, so players know if they’re eligible to register and use the service, for whatever reason, this casino doesn’t have that. At least, we couldn’t locate it in our initial search.
What it does say is that players are responsible for ensuring that online wagering is legal in their location and they must be at least 18 years of age. We do know that players from the United States are prohibited from playing, but there are other geographical restrictions as well that are dependent on local legislation.
Although there isn’t anything really significant that’s negative about the Karamba Casino; there also isn’t anything prominent that makes it stand out either.
It’s a relatively small casino that does well with its slot offerings but is lacking in some table games, video poker, table poker, and specialty options. The use of a group of software providers does enhance the service though and customize the gaming collection, and that’s a plus.
Financial methods are certainly plentiful. Honestly, it’s one of the biggest menus out there and can certainly accommodate pretty much everyone. It’s surprising that with such a huge list that Bitcoin wouldn’t be included as well, but it shouldn’t detract from the overall service as having fee free transactions are also extremely beneficial.
So, you have a good menu and fee-free banking, but the payout approval process is a lengthy one, especially compared to many competitors. Casinos these days are fighting to be at the top of the heap, and quick payouts are one of the criteria that potential players look at when deciding to register a player account.
We have no real problem with the bonus programs either. There’s a standard welcome bonus with the rollover applying to the reward amount only and, if you have to have a play through requirement, it’s much better to have it on the bonus amount without the deposit factored into the equation.
We also like that there are daily “surprises” that can provide players with more added value if they decide to participate.
Although some of the other promotions apply to certain VIP loyalty levels, the free spins offer starts out as low as the Bronze tier, which will include most everyone, except for the absolute newest of players and they’re busy working on their welcome bonus package anyway.
So here are some of the things we like about Karamba.com:
- Great Loyalty Program with ongoing cash back opportunities and free spins
- Multiple software providers combine to put together custom slot banks
- Plenty of options for mobile play
- Licensing and regulation through Malta and the United Kingdom
- Nine currencies accepted for banking transactions
- Financial offerings with no fees attached in either direction
- Low minimum withdrawal limit
- Live casino that’s fully available in all formats
- Daily Karamba program with different promotional offerings daily
These are a few suggestions that would enhance the service:
- Faster payout approval process
- Update iTech Labs certification that’s dated 2008
- Add video poker, poker tables, and specialty games
- 24-hour Customer Service
- Higher allowable monthly withdrawal level
- The site is available in six languages: English, German, Swedish, Norwegian, French, and Finnish
- Banking can be conducted in nine currencies: AUD, BRL, CAD, DKK, GBP, JPY, NOK, SEK, USD
- Total Casino Games: 241
- Total Mobile Casino Games: 185
- Bonus Deposit Match Wagering Requirement: 35 times (on bonus only)
- Free Spins (no deposit) Wagering Requirement: 50 times