Yes, you can always request higher sports betting limits if you want to place more money. Some internet bookmakers will grant your wish, but others might refuse it.
Top Sites for High Stakes Sports Betting Online
The amount of money staked when sports gambling can vary greatly. Some people just want to add a bit of spice to watching their favorite sports by placing small wagers. Others prefer to bet big money in the pursuit of large wins.
If you’re in the second group, you’ll want to use the best high stakes betting sites. Here are our recommendations.
|Rank||Betting Site||Exclusive Bonus||Get Started|
|60% Up To $1,000||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|50% Up To $250||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|125% Up To $2,500||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|100% Up To $500||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|100% Up To $1,000||Visit Site||Visit Site|
Anyone that wants to bet online for big money will enjoy the odds and limits offered by the above sportsbooks. They also have bonuses and promotions that deliver additional value and that’s crucial for high stakes betting online.
We provide more information about them on this page, along with an overview of the best ways to maximize your returns from big money sports betting, the optimal banking methods, and more.
Our Guide to High Stakes Sports Betting Online
The Best High Stakes Betting Sites Compared
You should know exactly what to look for if you are about to place big online bets. You risk leaving a lot of money on the table if you don’t.
Factors like bonuses and limits are the very minimum you need to check before picking sites and apps for high stakes betting. Here’s what our recommended options offer in certain key areas.
The bonuses and limits are not the only important factors you need to consider when picking the best high roller betting sites. When you’re gambling for big money, there’s all sorts to bear in mind.
Let’s move on to some other areas that need addressing.
What Makes a Good High Stakes Betting Site?
If you are going to bet on sports for high stakes, you should always look for sportsbooks that go the extra mile to please big players.
Here’s where the top-rated high roller sports betting apps and sites excel if you compare them with the competition.
High Odds for Betting
You should always look for the best odds when betting online. It’s even more important when there’s a small fortune on the line.
Even small differences in the prices accumulate over time, and can ultimately be the difference between winning and losing in the long run.
All of our recommended high stakes sports gambling sites work with high betting odds, especially when it comes to the most popular sports and leagues.
If the lines and prices are your top priority, though, you should also check our recommendations for the best high odds betting sites online.
High Betting Limits
You obviously can’t place big bets if a bookie doesn’t accept them. That’s why you need to make sure you use online betting sites with the highest limits for the sports and leagues you want to target.
There’s no such thing as no limit betting sites, unfortunately, as all sites have a ceiling for the maximum bets they’ll take. But our top choices will gladly accept enormous wagers on the most popular events. They have higher limits than the competition for smaller ones, too.
Betting limits are an essential consideration for any high roller, so choose where to bet wisely or you risk being disappointed.
High Banking Limits
You need to have a well-funded online betting account if you intend to bet big. That’s why you should pick online sportsbooks and betting apps for high rollers that accept large deposits.
Having to make multiple deposits to get a bet on at your preferred stakes is frustrating. You should be able to add the required amount in one transaction. You should also be able to withdraw your money quickly if you need to move funds to other sportsbooks.
The best sites for high stakes betting that we recommend are more than willing to accept huge transactions, and they process big payouts relatively quickly.
Functional Mobile Betting
All of our recommended options offer sports betting apps with the highest limits available online. You can either use their mobile-responsive websites or install native versions for the likes of iPhone, iPad, Android, and Windows Phone.
Having access to your account on the go is essential because timing is everything when you place high bets. You have to stay alert and have the capacity to react immediately when the opportunity arrives.
On top of that, you should have access to your funds and be able to use options like cash out. The top high limit sports betting apps provide all these features for you to use at any given moment.
Some online betting sites have fees for deposits and withdrawals. That’s not the end of the world if they are fixed at small amounts, but percentage-based fees for transactions can be way too costly for players who want to move a lot of money.
The best sites for online sports betting with high stakes either have low or even no fees at all. You can deposit and withdraw big amounts of money without getting stung.
Naturally, the exact conditions depend on the payment processor you select. We talk about the best banking methods for high rollers later on, but just remember that this is something to consider.
The criteria we explored so far are essential if you want the best online betting sites for high rollers. There are other factors to consider, too.
These aren’t ALL quite as important, but still worth bearing in mind for sure.
- Safety Measures and Reputation – The safety of your money should be a top priority. All of the top-rated high stakes sports betting apps and sites here have a strong reputation and reliable security measures in place.
- Bonuses and Promotions – Most bonuses and promotions are not really designed for big bettors, but sports gambling sites with high limits generally offer at least a few options that are somewhat appealing.
- Variety of Markets – The more betting markets are at your disposal, the higher your chances to find value in the odds.
- Winner Friendly – There’s not much point in betting big if you are going to be limited after two or three wins. It’s also a good idea to stick to bookies that don’t assume you’re arbitrage betting if you have some success.
- Reliable Support – If you have any questions, you should be able to get answer. The staff at the best sports betting sites for high rollers will be there to help at any given moment.
It takes a lot to create good opportunities for serious gamblers and our high limit betting apps and sites are certainly better than the competition in this area.
If you want more information on each of them, our extensive sportsbook reviews deliver more details.
Best Payment Options for High Rollers
Certain banking methods are better than others if you want to bet for high stakes online.
They allow you to move a lot of cash quickly and with low fees. Since money management is very important when you use high limit bookmakers, we recommend that you pick one of the following options.
Bitcoin and Other Crypto
Cryptocurrencies and online gambling with real money are a match made in heaven. Many high stakes betting apps and sites support Bitcoin and other digital assets such as Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Ripple, and more.
Here are the main advantages of using one of them as your primary payment method.
- Fast Payouts – Deposits with cryptocurrencies are almost instant and the payouts are the fastest you can find online. In some cases, the money will be with you on the same day.
- Low or No Fees – The top sites for high stakes sports betting online don’t charge much, if at all, for crypto transactions.
- Insane Limits – Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies almost always beat any other payment option when it comes to deposit and payout limits. Most sites and apps with high betting limits process transactions of up to hundreds of thousands.
- Additional Promos – Many online bookmakers love their customers using crypto, so they offer various exclusive bonuses and promos that are not available for other banking methods.
Naturally, there are some downsides of cryptocurrencies too. For a start, not all sports betting sites with the highest limits and odds support them.
Another potential problem is the volatility in their price, but you can work around that if you use stablecoins or wallets that support both crypto and fiat currencies.
Another good option is to pick an e-wallet such as PayPal, Skrill, or Neteller. These allow you to quickly move your money between the different sites thanks to the fast payouts and instant deposits.
You can also connect them to a bank account or a credit card for even more flexibility.
On the downside, many high limit betting sites exclude them from promotions and the limits are lower compared to crypto.
You usually can deposit or withdraw somewhere around $5,000-$10,000 at once which is not ideal for all high rollers.
Other Banking Options
We strongly recommend using either crypto or e-wallets if you are serious about high stakes online betting. They are simply the best options out there.
If you insist on picking something else, the following two banking methods might work for you.
|Credit and Debit Cards||Wire Transfers|
|Deposit Limits||Medium||Very High|
|Withdrawal Limits||Medium||Very High|
|Fees||Low/No Fees||Low to Medium Fees|
You should carefully consider if they fit your needs, though, because there are certain downsides as the table clearly shows.
Best Sports and Leagues for High Stakes Betting
Many believe that betting on obscure sports and leagues can be more profitable because the bookies are not as good at calculating the probabilities for them.
There’s certainly a case to be made for that, but you can’t really target low-profile competitions when online betting for high stakes.
Even the best high limit sportsbooks on the internet won’t accept big bets if they aren’t comfortable with the event.
That’s why mainstream competitions in the likes of football, basketball, soccer, and tennis are your best choices for huge wagers. The good news is that the popular leagues attract casual gamblers who often skew the odds with their bets and that creates good opportunities.
Here are the sports and leagues that are the best for high stakes betting.
Major US Sports Leagues
Major US sports leagues attract millions in wagers on an almost daily basis. If you have enough experience and knowledge about some of the major leagues, they are a good target for high stakes betting.
The media builds a lot of hype around certain narratives and the vast majority of bettors follow them with wagers.
This can result in some tasty odds and opportunities to make good money. On top of that, the best sites and apps for sports betting for high stakes are more than happy to accept a ton of cash on the likes of NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, and MLS.
Popular Soccer Leagues and Tournaments
Soccer is the most popular sport in the world and that makes it a good fit for high rollers, especially the following leagues and tournaments.
- The English Premier League – The EPL is the most popular domestic soccer competition in the world and all top sportsbooks online offer good stakes for a bet on any game.
- Other Top European Leagues – Leagues such as the Spanish La Liga, the Italian Serie A, the German Bundesliga, and the French Ligue One are also fitting for high rollers.
- UEFA Club Competitions – The Champions League and the Europa League include the top teams in Europe.
- FIFA World Cup – The most prestigious trophy in the soccer world is available once every four years and billions are wagered on the tournament.
- Other International Tournaments – The UEFA European Championship, the Copa America, and the African Nations Cup are also available at the best high stakes sportsbooks online.
The tennis schedule is busy throughout the year and there are more than enough large tournaments for high rollers to target.
Grand Slam tournaments are the obvious choice, but there are also a ton of big ATP and WTA events along the way. You can bet a fortune on them at most sites with high betting limits.
It must be mentioned that tennis is great for live betting, too, because of the large number of twists and turns that happen throughout the matches.
The popularity of MMA and cross-fighting discipline bouts has exploded in the last few years, while boxing is still going relatively strong.
You can find huge fighting events almost every week and many trusted high roller betting apps and sites cover them.
Not only can you wager a lot of money, but the odds are usually excellent because of the large number of people who place recreational bets. They often follow the hype train and that’s not always the smartest approach when it comes to betting on fighting sports.
Tips for Betting High Stakes Online
Now that you know the best sites and high stakes gambling apps for sports betting, as well as the optimal payment options and the best events to bet on, it is time for some tips that can help you improve your long-term results.
The following could greatly improve your chances of winning money, so make sure to read them carefully.
Use Multiple Sites
The first and most obvious thing to do is to use multiple online betting sites with high limits. This is a great way to boost your overall return.
Using more bookies means consistently higher odds if you line shop, more money placed if some of the sportsbooks have limits, and way more promotions.
If you don’t like the hassle of using multiple sites because of things like remembering different credentials, you should simply find a password manager tool.
Picking one of our recommended banking methods is also important, so that you can transfer your cash quickly from one site to another.
Don’t Keep Your Entire Bankroll Online
People who bet online for high stakes usually have tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars set aside for gambling purposes. They certainly should, based on the rules of bankroll management.
Keeping all of your cash in online betting accounts is not the best idea. You should have enough for several bets at any sportsbook you’re using and that’s it.
Consider Paid Services
Most people can’t justify paid services such as premium picks or software tools. They’re not going to win enough to make the cost worthwhile.
That’s not an issue for high rollers because the value from a truly good service or program is usually worth the investment. That’s why you should check for paid services that could improve your results.
If you want recommended wagers and predictions, you should check our section with sports betting picks. It’s where our expert writers share their latest selections for free. Many other sites charge for similar content, so don’t hesitate to take full advantage of our suggestions.
We cover various sports, including the best ones for high stakes wagers. Here are the latest posts.
Manage Your Risk
Sports betting is about measuring the risk-reward ratio of the available odds and putting your money on prices that are in your favor.
That’s a concept that people who simply want to have some fun can afford to ignore. There’s nothing wrong with losing a few bucks to make a sporting event more entertaining.
When you bet thousands, that’s an approach that could lead to disastrous consequences. You should always learn how to mitigate the risks through proper bankroll management and reliable staking plans.
You should also learn anti-tilt techniques to control your emotions. There will be unlucky streaks and you should be able to handle them, financially and emotionally.
Consider Max Payouts
It’s very important to check the max payouts at the sportsbook you’re using. The top high limit sports betting sites are usually solid in this area, but you never know for sure and the maximums can vary for the different sports and markets.
Let’s give you an example that clearly shows why this is important. Imagine that you place $10,000 at odds of +400 on a market where the max payout is $35,000.
Winning here would normally bring you $50,000, including your stake. Since that’s over the limit, you can only get $35,000. There are two ways to look at this.
- Your Actual Wager Is $7,000 – You would have the same return if you bet $7,000, so the bookmaker is freerolling $3,000 of your money.
- The Actual Price Is +250 – Since your actual return is $35,000, the price for your wager is effectively +250 instead of +400.
It doesn’t really matter which explanation you prefer, the fact is that you’re losing value. And even the best high roller sports betting sites won’t stop you from placing such a wager.
Akways protect yourself by checking the max payouts.
Never Bet Under the Influence
This one is obvious, but we still feel obliged to mention it. Betting under the influence of alcohol or drugs is always a bad idea and it can be especially devastating for high rollers.
With so much money on the line, you must have a clear mind and avoid any distraction that may come from using any sort of substance that could cloud your judgment.
Request Individual Offers
Even the best sports betting sites with high limits don’t have too many promotions that are good for big players. They are mostly targeting recreational players, so you shouldn’t hesitate to ask the support for individual deals.
Many internet bookies and online betting apps with high limits will go the extra mile to keep you satisfied, though. You could get a custom deal that could bring you long-term benefits such as cashbacks, bigger bonuses, and more.
Don’t be afraid to ask and there’s a good chance you will be given something! You shouldn’t ignore the regular offers either, as some are actually rewarding to high rollers, as you can see in the next section.
Top Betting Promos for High Rollers
The top-rated high stakes betting websites have plenty of bonuses and promotions. Many of them are not targeting big players, but there are exceptions that you should fully embrace.
Here are the most rewarding deals for high rollers that you can find online.
- Vig-Free/No Vig Lines – When the vigorish is removed from a market, the odds are “fair” and your potential returns are higher.
- Enhanced Odds/Price Boosts – This is a similar offer that you can find in many high stakes bookmakers online. The prices are better for a limited time and placing a wager has greater value than usual.
- Crypto Bonuses – The bonuses for cryptocurrency deposits are usually bigger than the regular ones.
- Loyalty Promos – Some sites have loyalty promos designed to reward regular customers with cash prizes and free bets.
You should probably take a look at the first deposit bonus and any subsequent reloads, too, as they do offer some value for big stakes.
High Stakes Betting Online vs. In-Person
A lot of people still prefer betting in person nowadays and that’s probably a mistake. The high stakes online sportsbooks come with a bunch of major benefits and overall better value for your money.
Here are the main pros of internet wagers.
- Higher Average Odds – The lower costs allow the high stakes sports betting sites to operate with a lower margin.
- More Promotions – You can gain an extra edge from the bonuses and promotions at your disposal.
- Higher Variety – You have access to more bookmakers, more events, and more markets on the internet.
- Line Shopping – It’s easy to check several sports betting sites within minutes and get the best lines.
- Convenience – You don’t have to visit an actual location to place your wager and you can even use sports betting apps with high limits on your phone.
However, there are also benefits of using a brick-and-mortar sportsbook. Let’s check them out.
- No Waiting for Payouts – If you win, you can collect your profits instantly instead of waiting a day or two for the money to arrive.
- Easier to Limit Compulsive Betting – If you have the compulsive desire to place a wager, you can instantly do it online. If you use a land-based bookmaker, it’s much easier to control your destructive impulses.
- No KYC Procedures – Online betting sites will often require you to send various documents to confirm your identity. This is not usually required by land-based bookmakers.
If you do prefer online betting, we remind you that the following sites excel when it comes to high stakes wagers.
Finally, we have prepared a list of frequently asked questions related to high stakes sports betting online.
- Can I Request Higher Limits for Sports Betting Online?
- Can I Place More Than One Wager on the Same Market After Betting the Limit?
In some cases, you can place a second wager after you already bet the limit and the sportsbooks will accept it after a short delay. That’s not always the case, though, and the market might be closed for you after reaching the maximum.
- How Can I Go Around the Sports Betting Limits of the Online Gambling Sites?
You usually can’t at the same sportsbook unless you ask for higher limits, but you can always join multiple sites and hit the limit of each of them separately. That would allow you to bet a lot more on the same event.
- Can the Bookmaker Set Individual Limits for Me?
Yes, unfortunately, some online bookmakers tend to limit winning players and there’s not much you can do about that.
- Can I Get Extra High Roller Perks for Betting Big Online?
Yes, you can request higher limits and faster payouts, more bonuses, and various other perks. There’s no guarantee you will get anything, but some sportsbooks will be happy to oblige.