Best Sports Betting Sites USA
Choosing where to bet on sports online in the USA is tough. Not all online sportsbooks can be trusted, which is a problem when you’re betting for real money. There are some safe options, though, and we’ve identified the best of them.
Based on extensive research by our team of experts, these are the best US betting sites in 2022.
Our list of the top sports betting sites for the USA is relatively short. That’s because we’re serious about only showing the very best options to our readers. We compare hundreds of betting sites every year, and only a few meet the extremely high standards that we set.
As an absolute minimum, sports betting sites in the USA must meet the following criteria to be listed here.
- Properly licensed to offer regulated and legal online sports betting
- Demonstrably safe for US bettors
- Owned and managed by trusted and reputable operators
Of course, the best sportsbooks go way beyond meeting just the minimum requirements. They offer fast payouts when you win, the best odds for your wagers, and excellent bonuses. And much more, too.
Can you simply trust our rankings and join one of our recommended sites right now? Absolutely. We’ve been reviewing sites and ranking them in different categories for many years, and we have a solid reputation for providing honest and accurate information.
With that said, we’re still going to back our claims and explain what we look for when ranking the top US betting sites. On this page you will discover why the sites we recommend are genuinely the best sites for betting on sports online.
Best Sports Betting Sites USA for 2022
Before we get into the detail of how we compile and maintain our rankings, let’s start with some information on the sites we currently recommend. First, here are a few things we like most about each of the top sports betting sites in the USA.
- BetUS: Lots of markets and consistently high odds
- BetOnline: High betting limits, excellent welcome bonus, fast payouts
- MyBookie: Very user friendly and some of the quickest payouts around
- SportsBetting.ag: Plenty of payment options, speedy withdrawals, great bonuses
- Bovada: Excellent reputation, juicy promotions, huge variety of sports and leagues
That’s just a very small taste of what these websites have to offer American bettors. We provide thorough reviews of all the sites we recommend (and some that we don’t), so that you can find out everything you need to know before deciding where to join. Here’s some further information about each of our top-rated US sports betting sites.
BetUS – #1 Most Trusted Sports Betting Site in the US
- Welcome Bonus: $2,500
- Established: 1994
- Min. deposit: $10
- Average Payout Time: 4-7 days
If you’re looking for the top US sportsbooks, then you don’t need to look any further. BetUS has you covered in spades. Here are a few reasons why we recommend them.
First, they accept action on all the mainstream sports, like baseball, football, and soccer. You can also bet on less common markets in categories such as politics, entertainment, and esports.
Second, BetUS offers a variety of promotions. For example, new customers can claim a 125% match bonus – you’ll get $1.25 in bonus money for every $1 you deposit. You’ll get a 200% match bonus if you make your deposit with Bitcoin or another cryptocurrency.
Third, BetUS is a trustworthy betting site for US bettors. They offer same-day payout approvals and process most payments in less than a week. There’s even a phone number you can call if you have any questions or concerns. You’ll never see a phone number on a shady sportsbook’s site.
The bottom line – BetUS is one of the top sports betting sites for the US. They’re one of our most trusted sportsbooks. Once you spend a little time there, we think they’ll be one of yours too.
Bovada – Another Top-rated USA Online Sportsbook
- Welcome Bonus: $250
- Established: 2011
- Min. deposit: $10
- Average Payout Time: 4-7 days
Bovada is one of the oldest and most trusted US betting sites. The company has been online since 1998 and has built quite the reputation as one of the safest betting sites for the USA. They offer poker and casino games as well as sports betting.
If you open Bovada’s website, you will see that all popular competitions like the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, and more are available, as well as a bunch of other sports and tournaments of a lower profile.
The betting odds here are among the highest on the internet, and the limits should satisfy everyone. This is definitely one of the best USA betting sites for high rollers, but low stakes bettors are also welcome.
Another perk of joining Bovada is the large number of special betting offers. Each new player can start with a welcome bonus of up to $250 and keep earning with other regular promotions from the bookmaker.
MyBookie – An American Online Sports Betting Site With a Great User Interface
- Welcome Bonus: $1,000
- Established: 2014
- Min. deposit: $25
- Average Payout Time: 1-2 days
Ever since entering the market in 2014, MyBookie has been among the best sports betting sites for the United States. The bookmaker covers all kinds of sports and competitions, and the list of betting markets for each one is impressive. So, no matter what sport you’re interested in, you will always have plenty of options for trying to win money.
MyBookie is one of the best US sports betting websites in terms of interface and navigation, both on desktop and on mobile devices like iOS, Android, and Windows Phone.
The other advantages are the many payment options, the juicy promotions for both new and existing customers, and the fast payouts. Simply put, MyBookie is one of the best online sports betting sites that accepts customers from the USA.
BetOnline – An USA Sports Betting Site with Many Banking Options
- Welcome Bonus: $1,000
- Established: 2004
- Min. deposit: $10
- Average Payout Time: 3-10 days
If you have been betting on sports on the internet for any length of time, you’ve probably heard about BetOnline. This is one of the best online betting sites in the US for numerous reasons.
First of all, the sportsbook offers one of the top welcome bonuses available to sports bettors in the United States. You can get up to $1,000 on your first deposit. When you’re done with the initial bonus, there are plenty of other BetOnline promotions that will help you earn more. The extra money you get can be used to bet on plenty of sports, and the betting odds are among the highest you can find on the web.
You can fund your BetOnline account using a lot of different options, including credit and debit cards, e-wallets, and even crypto. The payouts are fast and secure, which makes the sportsbook one of the most trusted sports betting websites for the USA.
SportsBetting.ag – Grab a $1,000 Bonus to Bet Sports Online
- Welcome Bonus: $1,000
- Established: 2003
- Min. deposit: $20
- Average Payout Time: 3-10 days
A genuine veteran in the industry is SportsBetting.ag. It was launched in 2003 and has been working with US players ever since. SportsBetting.ag’s license is from Panama, which is one of the safest options when it comes to USA betting sites.
The sportsbook has a huge welcome bonus of up to $1,000 that can be used on the many sports and events that are available for wagering on. We’d put this book among the very best sites when it comes to betting offers.
You can enjoy sports betting online not only on desktop but on mobile devices, too. SportsBetting.ag offers a wide variety of payment options to each customer from the USA, including Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. The deposits are instant, and the withdrawals are pretty fast.
Ranking the Best Betting Sites in the USA
Our rankings of the top sports betting sites for the USA are based on a long list of factors that will impact your overall experience. We consider every aspect that truly matters when betting on sports online. We will continue our sports betting sites USA guide by breaking down these factors and explaining why each one is important and needs to be considered.
Essential Criteria for All US Betting Sites
When you are betting online, there are certain minimum requirements you should expect from the sites you’re using. Let’s take a look at them.
- Licensed and Regulated
- All sites should have an appropriate license from a recognized authority. This shows that they are legitimately able to offer online gambling services. Licensed sites also have to meet regulatory requirements and act ethically and fairly.
- Solid Reputation
- The leading online sports betting sites in the USA have typically been around for many years. We don’t automatically exclude new sites from our rankings, but we do prefer those that have been in business for a while. This way we can assess their past performance and determine whether they have a solid enough reputation to deserve our recommendation.
- Easy to Deposit and Withdraw
- Deposit and withdrawing are fundamental aspects of betting online, whether that’s on sports, casino games, or anything else. All sports betting sites in the USA should make the process for depositing funds and cashing out winnings as easy as possible.
- Fast Payouts
- Cashing out your winnings shouldn’t just be easy, it should also be quick. No one wants to wait around forever for their money, and no one should have to. The top operators always do their best to ensure fast payouts.
- Helpful Customer Support
- Good customer support should be a staple for any company, and it’s especially important online. You need to be able to get in touch with someone if something isn’t working properly, or if you have a query. We put the customer support to the test during our ranking process, and we expect to see efficient and professional assistance.
Important Qualities for the Best Sports Betting Sites in the USA
Now let’s look at the attributes that matter the most when we’re ranking the best American betting sites. Note that these are all in addition to what we’ve already mentioned.
- Range of Sports Betting Options
- One of the benefits of online sports betting is that it opens up a ton more opportunities for making money. Your average land-based sportsbooks and bookmakers cover all the major sports, yes, and maybe a few of the less popular ones. The variety is usually somewhat limited, though. That’s not the case when betting on the internet, as long as you choose the right sportsbook. The leading US betting sites cover pretty much every sport you can imagine, and many more besides. You’ll never be short of something to wager on, that’s for sure.
- Competitive Odds and Lines
- A key aspect of betting on sports is trying to find the best value. That’s a skill that takes some practice, and no small amount of knowledge, but it’s made a whole lot easier when you have access to competitive odds and lines. The best betting sites for the USA, and anywhere for else for that matter, keep their margins low and their odds high. That is just the way we like it.
- User-Friendly Betting Interface
- Regardless of whether you bet on sports to make money, or just to have some fun, you’re going to want to place your wagers as easily as possible. You need to be able to see your options, and get your money down, with the minimum of fuss. This is no problem when there’s a user-friendly platform, but some sites are stuck in the 20th century when it comes to website design. That’s not the case with our recommended sites, though.
- Live Betting Platform
- Betting in-play has become incredibly popular in recent years, and is another big advantage of betting online. It opens up a whole new range of wagering opportunities, which can be very profitable if you know what you’re doing.
- Betting Limits for All Budgets
- Some people like to bet big, some prefer to bet small. Most bettors in the USA fall somewhere in between. We think it’s important that you’re able to bet at whatever level you’re comfortable with, and we expect sites to facilitate that. When we’re ranking sports betting sites for the US, we look at the minimum stakes and the maximum stakes allowed. Those that cater for all budgets are looked upon favorably.
- Additional Features
- The leading sites are all trying to constantly improve what they offer their customers. One way they do this is by offering useful features that can help improve the overall experience of sports betting online. Some of the features we like to see at the top online sportsbooks include early cashouts, bet builders, and live streaming.
Who Ranks These Sites USA Betting Sites
Compiling our rankings of the top online sports betting sites is a lengthy and ongoing process. Several members of our team are involved, as they each bring their own areas of expertise and experience.
Two team members who know a great deal about the industry are Jerry Summer and Noah Davis. These guys are serious bettors, and their knowledge is especially useful when it comes to ranking the best betting sites in the US.
How to Get Started on US Betting Sites
If you are new to sports betting online in the US, you may have some questions about how it works. The good news is that it is straightforward and easy to get started.
Your first step is to choose which one of the top-rated US sports betting sites you want to use. Our recommendations should help you narrow down your options. If you are still trying to decide which of our recommended sites you want to use, start by asking yourself which features are most important to you.
For example, you might want a larger welcome bonus, or you might be more interested in sites that have tournaments and contests. Remember to think about all aspects of the site, including bonuses, banking, the sports they cover, and betting features.
Once you have chosen a site, simply click on the link at the top of this page. It will take you directly to the site, where you can push the sign-up button to create an account. You will need to enter your email, password, address, telephone number, and other demographic information.
After your account has been created, you can log in and visit the site’s cashier. Choose the banking method that is most convenient for you and follow the instructions to make your first deposit. Don’t forget to use a bonus code to claim your welcome bonus.
As soon as your deposit goes through, you will be ready to start placing wagers. Head to the sportsbook page, click on the sport you want to bet on and find the specific game. From there, you will be able to see all of the various betting options for that particular event.
The hardest part is choosing which bets you want to make. You need to consider the probability of each outcome, as well as the odds, to determine which bets are worth the risk. Our sports betting picks are an excellent resource because they give you expert advice on various betting options every week.
Every bet you place will help you learn. You may also want to check out our sports betting blog for more predictions, strategy tips, and other resources.
Legal Sports Betting in the USA
The legal status of sports betting in the USA, especially online, has been something of a grey area for many years. United States laws have changed multiple times and have often been left open to different interpretations, at both the federal and state levels. We will bring some clarity to this somewhat complicated matter by explaining the current status of legal sports betting in the US, both offline and online.
Is Sports Betting Legal in the US?
There are a couple of key points in the history of sports betting in the US, but the first one that you need to know about is the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA) from 1992. The main goal behind it was to keep the integrity in sports competitions in America.
According to PASPA, sports betting was regulated on a federal level, and the individual states didn’t have the right to operate sports betting. Nor were they able to license or authorize third-party companies to offer sports betting services.
The major exception to this rule was the state of Nevada which was authorized to have land-based sportsbooks offering a full range of betting services. A couple of other states also retained the right to offer some limited forms of sports betting.
The good news is that the US Supreme Court revoked PASPA in 2018, returning the power to regulate sports betting to the individual states. We have since seen several states open the door to legal and regulated sports betting within the country, with more expected to follow.
Is it Legal to Bet on Sports Online in the US?
For years, online sports betting had an unclear status. PASPA didn’t prohibit US citizens from placing wagers on sports, it only prevented US-based operators from accepting them.
There was also the Wire Act, a federal piece of legislation originally designed to prevent the acceptance of sports bets over the telephone (or via telegram, which was still a thing back when the act was introduced).
But since the arrival of the internet, plenty of betting sites that were licensed and regulated in other jurisdictions could offer their services to US customers. This created a loophole of sorts that basically meant that both the players and the online bookmakers were doing nothing wrong.
The Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act (UIGEA) of 2006 tried to change that by making financial transactions for online gambling illegal. The move did drive a lot of operators away from the US market, but since it didn’t target the players or the process of accepting wagers, a number of operators continued to welcome Americans.
Since the repeal of PASPA, there are now several legal US betting sites operating within the country. These legal betting sites are licensed and regulated by the state(s) in which they’re based. Most of the top USA betting sites, however, operate elsewhere.
It’s important to note that there’s nothing wrong with that. They are perfectly legal in the jurisdictions where they are licensed, and bettors are not breaking the law by placing wagers with them, either.
More USA Betting Site Options
All of our recommended sites have some options in each of these categories. But the sites listed on these pages specifically stand out in the related category. For example, the sites listed on the high-stakes betting sites page have higher limits for bets, deposits, and withdrawals, while those listed on the fastest paying page have more convenient banking options.
You can’t go wrong with any of the sites we recommend. But these additional rankings will help you find the one that appeals most to you. After all, sports betting is not a one-size-fits-all activity.
Convenient Banking on the Top US Sportsbooks
Getting your money to and from your account should be easy. Unfortunately, the UIGEA makes it more complicated for American bettors. The betting sites we recommend still have many convenient options, but it is important to know what to expect. Here are a few of the most common banking methods and some information about how they work.
|Banking Method||Common Examples||Information||Fees||Processing Times|
Typically available for deposits only
Processed as a foreign transaction
Range from 5-15%
Plus additional fees from the credit card company
|Deposits are typically instant|
|Typically the fastest and most convenient option for Americans||Free or very low fees||Processed within 15-minutes|
|Third-party payment processor||Varies, but typically inexpensive||Within 24 hours, in most cases|
Checks by Mail
|Options are limited and depend on the betting site||Can be as much as $150||Up to two weeks to process|
CLICK TO SEE MORE
The exact options will depend on the site you choose. Some sites choose to cover the transaction fees, while others pass those costs onto the customers.
Deposits are almost always processed instantly, but withdrawals depend on the banking method. It is important to know that withdrawals typically have a pending period of 12-48 hours. The processing times listed above apply after that pending time has passed.
For example, cryptocurrency transactions get processed within an hour of approval, but that approval might not happen until one to two days after you request the transaction. If you choose a bank transfer, it may take as much as 16 days because the two-week processing time doesn’t start until the transaction has been approved.
E-wallets are another payment option that may be available on some US betting sites. The most prominent companies, like PayPal, Neteller, and Skrill, are not available for US bettors, but you may find some sites that offer additional e-wallet options.
US Online Betting FAQ
- Can I Bet on Sports From My Phone or Tablet?
AYes. All of our recommended sites have mobile betting options. You can check out this page to find out more information about US Betting Apps.
- What Are the Best Betting Sites for Americans?
- Is It Legal to Bet on Sports Online From the USA?
AAs far as we know, there isn’t a single bettor from the United States who has been convicted or even charged for betting on sports online. We’re not lawyers, but our interpretation of the current US gambling laws is that individuals are not forbidden to place bets on sports online.
- Is It Safe to Bet on Sports Online in the US?
AIf you stick to trusted US betting sites, like the ones we recommend, you shouldn’t have any problems. Bookmakers that don’t have a license from a legit jurisdiction are another story, so make sure to avoid them.
- What Kind of Sports Betting Markets Are Available to Americans?
AThere are plenty of ways to bet on sports online. For a start, you can pick traditional options like moneyline, spreads, and totals. Most sites also offer props, futures, and outrights for the majority of the sports and leagues they cover.
- What Deposit Methods Are Available?
AThe options available will depend on which site you choose, but most sites usually cover at least a few convenient options. Common options include credit cards, cryptocurrencies, wire transfers, and money transfer services. Alternatives are often available, too.
- How Quickly Will I Get My Money After Winning a Bet?
AOur recommendations can all be classed as fast payout betting sites. Payouts via Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are very quick and seamless. Other withdrawal methods can take a little longer, but you shouldn’t have to wait for more than a week or so, as long as you use a legit site.
- What Should I Do if I Get Addicted to Gambling?
AGambling addiction can have devastating consequences. We strongly encourage responsible gambling, and recommend that you seek help immediately if you feel like you might be losing control of your betting
The best US sports betting sites will typically allow you to apply limits to your account in terms of how much you can deposit and wager. Please take advantage of these if necessary. You can also choose to self-exclude completely if you wish.