Guide to Betting on the Emmy Awards
The Emmy Awards come around once a year. If you’re a TV connoisseur, consider betting on the awards online.
All you need is a bankroll and an account with one of the best Emmy Awards betting sites.
|Rank||VA Gambling Site||Exclusive Bonus||Get Started|
|125% Up To $2,500||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|50% Up To $1,000||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|50% Up To $250||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|50% Up To $1,000||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|50% Up To $1,000||Visit Site||Visit Site|
If you’re the entertainment fan who knows which TV show has received the most Emmys, where the name Emmy came from, and which comedy show broke records in 2020, then you’re an ideal candidate for successful Emmys betting.
Anyone can follow the favorites or play a guessing game. But if you’ve got the insider track and get inclinations of award upsets, then why not put your money where your mouth is, even with a minimum bet of $1.00?
Betting on the Emmy Awards is more widely available than you may expect. Today’s top online betting sites have entire sections dedicated to entertainment and other proposition-type wagering, including politics, the weather, and religion.
You don’t need a gown, tux, or a ticket to the show to be Emmy-ready. Instead, you can do some prep work by watching TV and taking two minutes to set up an online or mobile betting account.
2021 Emmy Awards
The 2021 Emmys will consider the television season starting on June 1st, 2020, and ending May 31st, 2021.
Depending on when you’re reading this, you could have months to prepare for the 73rd Annual Emmy Awards scheduled for September of 2021. Or maybe the awards are just weeks away.
Either way, you can start doing your homework by following critics’ choices and reading up on which TV shows are popular.
You should also keep track of our blog, specifically the entertainment betting category. We cover all the major awards ceremonies extensively, including the Emmys. You’ll find the latest odds, insight and analysis, and even our own predictions.
We’ll list anything about betting on the 2021 Emmys right here. You might also be interested in betting on other entertainment markets, so here are a few of our most recent posts.
- Odds for Conor McGregor vs. Machine Gun Kelly Fight with Prop Bets and AnalysisSportsbooks are posting all kinds of odds for Conor McGregor vs. Machine Gun Kelly. With every passing...
- Betting on Who Will Interview Britney Spears Next – Odds and PredictionBritney Spears’ celebrity career began in 1993, when she was 11 years old. She took the world...
- Odds and Prediction for Who Will Be in the Black Adam MovieBlack Adam is an older character in the DCEU, but he is set to make his first...
- Odds and Prediction for Who Will Appear in the Green Lantern TV ShowGreen Lantern is back. It’s been a decade since Ryan Reynolds (admittedly so) regretfully breathed new life...
The Best Emmy Awards Betting Sites
Your first task when it comes to betting on the Emmys is to decide where to bet. We’ve got you covered there.
At the top of this page is our list of the best online gambling sites for Emmy Awards betting. These have been carefully selected based on a variety of key factors.
Here’s why you can trust our recommendations.
We’re Online Betting Experts
We spend our days monitoring online and mobile gambling, including sportsbooks, casinos, and poker rooms.
Our team of experts has been in the industry for several years. Every team member is on top of all of the comings and goings, reported issues, or patterns of praise.
It would be tough to find more accurate information anywhere else, as we merge our background information with comprehensive gambling site reviews.
We refer to a long list of criteria during our process of determining which are the best sites for betting on the Emmys.
It’s not just to accept wagers on the Lead Actor in a Drama category. There are other things to consider.
Our Reviews and Rankings
The following are just a few of the top factors that we examine closely before recommending sites for Emmy awards betting.
- Does the online betting site have a good reputation?
- Is the service open to US players?
- Are the odds typically competitive and posted early?
- Do players have plenty of banking options?
- How do the bonus value and conditions stack up compared to other sites?
- Is the gambling site known for its variety of entertainment betting markets?
- Are all betting opportunities and services mobile-accessible?
- Do customer service agents respond quickly with quality information?
After we have all of the facts compiled, we rate and rank each of the top Emmys betting sites to develop our final recommendations.
How to Bet on the Emmy Awards
You don’t have to be an experienced punter to participate in award show wagering, like the annual Emmys.
For the most part, betting on the Emmys involves making straight bets based on your predictions for who will win which awards.
Emmy Awards Betting Odds
For example, if you want to bet on the Outstanding Comedy Series, the nominees are listed in the order ranging from the favorite to the longshot.
Emmys odds are posted for each contender so you can see how much you’d win if successful.
Favorites are listed with negative odds, which means if you bet $100, you’ll make less than $100 if you win. It’s the opposite if there’s a plus sign in front, and you’ll make more than the $100 you wager if successful.
Most Popular Emmys Betting Markets
The most common bets on the Emmy Awards are for the following categories.
- Outstanding Drama Series
- Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series
- Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series
- Outstanding Comedy Series
- Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series
- Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series
Other Betting Options for the Emmys
You can also bet on the following categories at most Emmy Awards betting sites online.
- Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series
- Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series
- Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series
- Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series
There are also awards for Directing, Writing, Variety Talk Series, etc.
Some online betting sites offer a few other props for the Emmys, too.
Why Bet on the Emmys Online?
The most obvious reason to bet on the Emmy Awards is to win some money.
If you’re not a sports fan, award shows can get you in the game with something you know and appreciate.
But there are other reasons to take advantage of betting on the Emmy Awards for real money, especially if you wager online.
Let’s take a look at them.
Awards with Your Name on Them
When you register with online betting sites, like the ones we recommend as the best for Emmys betting, you immediately get some welcome perks.
Online sportsbooks and casinos tend to provide exciting new player bonuses to entice you to use their services.
As you’re using the sportsbook, you could alternatively receive some free bets. There are other rewards like free spins in the casino or tournament play, too.
Always take a peek at the promotions section before you register so you know what you can claim bonus-wise.
Most sites also offer referral bonuses. If you’re going to do some Emmys betting with a group, then each of you can recommend someone else.
As soon as your friend registers and deposits, you’ll receive a bonus.
Other Gambling Opportunities
When you register with an online betting site, you have access to more than just Emmy Awards betting.
Today’s virtual books are also filled with casino games like slots, table games, video poker, bingo, keno, and scratch cards. You’ll also find horse racing, esports, virtual sports, and maybe even a poker room.
Another benefit of online betting for the Emmys is that one registration opens up a whole online sportsbook and casino combination. You can jump around from section to section and place bets wherever you want.
You don’t have to sit at your computer to make your award show picks.
Regardless of which of the top-rated Emmy betting sites you select, it’ll have a mobile counterpart.
Mobile access is a significant benefit for times when you’re stuck in a waiting room or on a train or bus and just need something to do.
Once you have a betting account established, you can place your bets or play slots or blackjack on the go.
A Fun Challenge
If you’re a self-proclaimed TV buff, then betting on the Emmys is a fun challenge for you. It’s like a football fan placing a parlay. You take pride in your predictions, and it makes the event much more exciting.
It’s also fun if you plan to have an Emmys party or a friendly competition with friends.
You could get a group of friends to start keeping track of contenders as well. If you’re going to participate in online betting for the Emmys, you could turn it into a competition.
Each of you can register betting accounts and take advantage of bonuses and perks leading up to the big day.
Then, when it’s game-on, you can see who the big betting champion is along with the Emmy winners.
When you’re placing real money bets on award shows like the Emmys, snubs or unexpected sweeps are game-changers.
Tips for Betting on the Emmy Awards
Because betting on the Emmys is really quite straightforward, there isn’t a huge amount of advice we can give you.
Here are a few quick tips that are worth bearing in mind, though.
Study the Contenders
If you’re in it for the long haul, then you’ve got the edge, and it’s a fun one. To prepare for making your predictions, immerse yourself in the shows.
Check out series that are highly rated or receive critical acclaim. You know the kinds of shows Emmy voters favor. It’s not like the Oscars, where the award-winning film could be obscure.
Upsets Can Happen
This is slightly contradictory to the above, but making money from Emmy Awards betting isn’t always about picking the most obvious winners.
If you want a shot at the bigger payouts – which are possible – then you need to learn how to spot surprises ahead of time.
Reading up on upsets from previous Emmys can help with this.
No Need to Wait for Emmy Season
Award shows only roll around once a year. But you don’t have to patiently wait to use your favorite online betting sites for the Emmys.
You’ve always got the Academy Awards, Golden Globes, and Grammys that’ll keep you busy.
Many of the entertainment-focused online gambling sites also post lines for reality and competition shows.
You don’t have to invest much. Even a few dollars on your favorite Oscar-worthy film makes awards night that much sweeter.
A Look Back at the 2020 Emmy Awards
If you watched the 72nd Annual Emmy Awards in 2020, then you watched history in the making with the first entirely virtual Emmys award show.
One of the shows also made history. It seemed like every time an award was announced, the winner was Schitt’s Creek.
The Outstanding Comedy Series swept all of the top comedy categories, including Lead Actor and Actress, and Supporting Actor and Actress.
With two Creative Arts Emmys and going seven for seven on the big night, Schitt’s Creek set a new record for the most Emmy wins for a comedy in one season.
For the most part, Schitt’s Creek was expected to take home a few statues, anyway. The show and Eugene Levy and Catherine O’Hara were odds-on favorites and didn’t disappoint.
Dan Levy was also considered a favorite as soon as the nominations were announced.
The one surprise was Annie Murphy, aka Alexis Rose, who won in the Supporting Actress category. She beat out Alex Borstein of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Kate McKinnon of Saturday Night Life.
Annie was listed with odds between +350 and +800. So, if you were an Alexis Rose fan and backed your favorite, you beat the odds as well.
Emmy Awards Betting FAQ
- Can I bet on the Emmys for real money online?
- AYes, there are plenty of reputable online sportsbooks that accept entertainment-type bets, including the Emmys and other award shows. You can access them online or through your smartphone or tablet.
- When do sportsbooks post their Emmy Awards odds?
- AThe Emmys consider a year of programming that runs from June 1st through May 31st. Nominations are announced at the end of July for the September awards presentation. As soon as the nominations come out, you’ll find the initial odds posted on online betting sites.
- How do I get money online to bet on the Emmy Awards?
- AMost of the top-rated Emmy betting sites accept Visa, Mastercard, and Bitcoin. Other deposit options vary but typically include other cryptocurrencies and credit cards, plus money orders, person-to-person transfers, and bank wires.
- How much can I bet on the Emmys?
- AEmmy award bets are lower limit wagers. Betting sites are much more conservative with entertainment predictions than if you were placing an NFL straight bet. Some books may allow for up to $500 or so, while others may cut off entertainment bets at $100.