Sports Betting Sites for Canada in 2021
Are you interested in betting on sports online from Canada? Then, you’re in the right place. This page is dedicated to helping you find the best Canadian sports betting sites.
Collectively, these online betting sites have thousands of sports markets for you to bet on. You can claim thousands in various promotions. And you can use their features to try to consistently make profitable wagers.
|Rank||VA Betting Site||Exclusive Bonus||Get Started|
|125% Up To $2,500||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|50% Up To $1,000||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|50% Up To $250||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|50% Up To $1,000||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|50% Up To $1,000||Visit Site||Visit Site|
You could find a real money online sports betting site on your own. But take it from us, there are far more crappy sites for betting on sports than there are ones that are worth joining.
Would you want to sign up at a safe and secure gambling site with loads of betting options and promotions, or a site with few betting options, expensive lines, and promotions with unfair bonus terms?
We know which one we’d choose. And if you’re on the same page, then continue reading, as we’re going to show you how to find the best sports betting sites for Canada.
Top Canadian Sports Betting Sites
It’s crucial you join a safe online betting website, especially if it’s an offshore sportsbook. Well, the good news is that the best Canadian sports betting sites are as safe as they come.
But how do you know that?
One clue we can give you is that every real money gambling site we ever recommend has the GamblingSites.com Seal of Approval. This seal is our guarantee that the site is safe and secure.
We prioritize safety because offshore gambling sites are hit and miss. Most sites are regulated to at least some degree but some are better than others. If you’re not careful, you’ll end up at a shoddy site.
Feel free to join one of our recommended online sportsbooks right now. Or you can continue reading to learn more about our process for choosing the best sports betting sites for Canada.
Ranking the Best Sports Betting Sites for Canada
Every Canadian sports betting site we recommend goes through a thorough review process. This process is comprehensive and on-going. We don’t just select which online bookmakers to list and leave it at that – the rankings you see on this page are regularly updated based on changes we notice.
The first thing we do during our ranking process is to check that a betting site is safe and secure. We accomplish this by ensuring that each site has the following items.
- Gambling License
- We check that the site has a license and that it’s in good standing. We also look at the gambling commission that issued it, as the commission plays a role in how protected players are.
- Security Certificate
- This is an inexpensive file that encrypts any information you send to the sportsbook (like your personal details and credit card number). We won’t recommend betting sites that don’t have one.
If this checks out, then we look at other factors including the following.
- We check which banking methods each betting site accepts. And we look at their limits, fees, and processing timeframes to ensure they’re reasonable.
- What deals can you claim? Is there a deposit bonus? Free bets? Rebates? Cashback? We answer those questions and ensure their terms and conditions are fair.
- We test the bookmaker’s mobile platform. We want to see if it’s easy to use and if you have access to all the markets and features desktop bettors do.
These items play a role in our rankings. In some cases, such as safety and security, they can make or break a betting site’s ranking. But here’s what plays the biggest role in our rankings.
The sportsbook itself.
Think about it. Why are you joining one of these Canadian betting sites in the first place? It’s not simply because they accept Visa deposits or offer free bets.
None of these things matter if the sportsbook sucks, which is why we double-check that none of the sites that tick the boxes above are subpar.
What does a good online sportsbook look like? It should also tick the following boxes.
- They accept action on lots of sports
- This includes popular sports like baseball, soccer, basketball, football, and hockey. They should also accept action on less popular options like darts, handball, entertainment, and politics betting.
- They have features that enhance your experience
- This includes features such as live streaming, sports data, betting picks, and the option to cash out bets early.
- They have competitive odds
- You won’t find a sportsbook that has the best odds for every market. That’s why we recommend you join more than one. But it is possible to find a betting site that consistently posts competitive odds (across the board or sport-specific).
- They allow large bets
- Many bookmakers are afraid of winners, so they try to avoid this outcome by limiting how much you can wager. The best betting sites allow large bets.
We consider all of this when ranking sports betting site for Canada. The more boxes a site can tick off, and the better they perform in each area, the higher we’ll rank them.
If you want to join one of the best sports betting websites for Canadian bettors, you should really stick with our recommendations. You can’t go wrong with any one of them.
Benefits of Using Online Sportsbooks
There’s nothing wrong with betting on sports in physical locations. Canadians have been placing real money wagers in person for decades now. But we think online sports betting is better.
Outrageous claim? No way, and here’s why.
- You can place bets from anywhere in Canada using your phone.
- You can claim hundreds and sometimes even thousands of dollars in deposit bonuses, free bets, and rebates.
- You can switch betting sites in a matter of seconds.
- You can easily and conveniently compare and even arbitrage games.
- You can win money while sitting on your couch, in your PJs, while watching the game.
- You can bet on a variety of sports and markets that many land-based sportsbooks don’t cover.
You see what we mean? It makes sense to bet on sports online in Canada even if you’re loyal to your local bookmaker. But you must make sure you join a trusted betting site for Canadians. Joining a trustworthy sportsbook will have its share of benefits, too.
- You’ll get paid. This might surprise you, but there are many sportsbooks that don’t pay their customers. They take their money and run instead.
- You won’t pay tens or hundreds of dollars in banking fees. The best sportsbooks waive fees or give you breaks when your deposit or withdrawal exceeds a specific dollar amount.
- The wager requirements on bonuses are reasonable. The best sportsbooks keep these to under 10x (and sometimes less than 5x).
- The withdrawal limits are reasonable. The minimum limits are in the $20 to $50 range, which means your money isn’t held hostage.
- The sportsbook won’t close your account because you shared your complaints in a public forum, or because you brought up an issue with the sportsbook itself.
- The sportsbook will respond to your request tickets within 24 to 48 hours.
- They won’t retroactively change their terms and conditions to support their side in a dispute or avoid paying you money you’re owed.
It’s sad these points are “benefits” in the first place. They should be the norm. But that’s not the case if you join the wrong betting site.
And using the wrong betting site is easy to do, especially if you don’t have experience in what to look for.
That’s why we created this page. We wanted to use our decades of combined experience in this industry to help you find the best betting site for Canada.
We recommend you piggyback off our hard work. Read reviews. Compare the options and, when you’re ready, join one from our list.
This is the fastest and most efficient way to find a Canadian sports betting site worth joining without having to risk your own time and money. And it’s a surefire way to ensure you experience all the benefits mentioned above.
Canadian Sports Betting FAQs
How old must you be to bet on sports online in Canada?
You have to at least be 18 or 19 years old to gamble in Canada.
The exact age depends on the territory or province you live in.
Which sports can I bet on?
This depends on the betting site you join. That said, you should have no problem finding action for the following sports and more.
- Mixed martial arts
- Motor sports
- Horse racing
You might have to join two or three sportsbooks to find action on all these sports. But you should have multiple online sports betting accounts anyway.
What types of promotions can I claim?
These are the most common sports betting promotions.
- Deposit Bonus – The betting site matches your deposit up to so many dollars.
- Free Bet – Make a bet and the bookmaker will reimburse you if it loses.
- Rebates – Receive a nominal percentage of your gross losses.
Every sportsbook is different. Some have more promotions than others. The best Canadian sports betting sites are among the most generous.
Can I claim more than one deposit bonus?
This depends. Some sites offer only a first-time deposit bonus, which is for new depositors. However, many offer reload bonuses, an offer for existing customers.
You can also join a new site and claim their deposit bonus. This is a good route to go if you only have one or two online betting accounts.
Can I bet on esports in Canada?
Yes. Esports betting is available worldwide. That said, some betting sites have more esports action than others do.
We recommend you read our reviews before you join a site to ensure it has the selection of esports markets you’re looking for.
Can I bet online legally in Canada?
We’re not lawyers, so you should speak to one to be sure. As we understand it, it’s up to each province or territory to establish online gambling laws.
And, as far as we know, it’s not illegal for Canadians to gamble online.
What are the most popular sports in Canada? Can you bet on them?
Some of the most popular sports in Canada include hockey, curling, lacrosse, and football.
And, remember, you can bet on all these sports when you join one of the best Canada sports betting sites online.
More Recommended Betting Sites
This page is focused on the top Canadian sports betting sites in general. But if you’re looking for something more specific, or maybe a different type of gambling, then the following sites may be up your alley.
For example, this page lists the best all-in-one gambling sites for Canadians. This is the route you want to go if you enjoy playing casino games or poker on top of sports betting.
Check out this page for the best Canada online casinos. Join one of these casinos to play slots, blackjack, video poker, and more from software developers like Microgaming, Playtech, and BetSoft.
Bet on ice hockey? Here are the best hockey betting sites to join if you want to bet on NHL games, playoffs, and the Stanley Cup.
Want to bet on a game after it starts? Join the best live sports betting sites and make live bets on football, basketball, soccer, and hockey games, and more.
But, if you’re in Canada and you’re ready to bet on sports online right, just go back to the top of this page. The best Canadian sports betting sites we list there offer everything you need.