Best Online Casinos for Real Money
Did you know that some real money online casinos charge a fee when making a deposit, while others don’t? Or that some casinos payout your winnings the same day, while others take weeks to pay?
The point is that there’s a big difference between the best sites and the rest. Finding the best places to play real money casino games online isn’t easy, but we’re here to help. We have an effective system for reviewing, rating, and ranking casino sites to produce the most accurate results.
It doesn’t matter if you’re brand new to playing casino games online or you’ve been playing for years. Either way, you should be looking for 2022’s best real money casinos. These are the sites that will give you the best experience.
When compiling our rankings, we go well beyond the surface and explore all aspects of each site. We consider the games they offer, their banking methods, bonuses and promotions, and even the site’s terms and conditions.
Beyond that, we expect every real money casino online to take care of its customers. So, we search forums and review sites to find feedback from people who have used the site. Then, we test the site ourselves to make sure the site lives up to its reputation.
If you are ready to get started, click one of the sites above to begin immediately. Or keep reading our online casino real money guide to learn more.
Comparing the Top Real Money Online Casino Sites
You probably noticed that we recommend several different sites instead of declaring that one site as the absolute best. That is because we know that different players have different preferences.
We have already done the research to ensure that our recommended sites offer the best experience. So how are you supposed to choose between them? The best way is to compare several sites based on various criteria. Then you will be able to see the most important factors at a glance.
Here is an example of how we compared some of our recommended sites. You can create a table similar to this based on the sites that you are most interested in.
|Casino||Country||Welcome Bonus||Banking Options||Link|
|Wild Casino||USA||250% up to $5,000||Credit Cards
|Bovada Casino||USA||100% up to $3,000||Credit Cards
|Las Atlantis||USA||280% up to $14,000||Credit Cards
|Betway Casino||Canada UK Netherlands||100% up to C$1,000 or £50||Credit Cards
|Casino Tropez||Canada||100% up to C$3,000||Credit Cards
|All British Casino||UK||100% up to £100||Credit Cards
|10bet Casino||UK||100% up to £100||Credit Cards
|Woo Casino||Australia||100% up to $300||Credit Cards
|Uptown Pokies||Australia||250% up to $2,500||Credit Cards
|Cookie Casino||Netherlands||100% up to €200||Credit Cards
|Avalon 78||Netherlands||100% up to €250||Credit Cards
CLICK TO SEE MORE
Once you have your preferred sites organized like this, it is easy to see which ones stand out in the areas that matter to you. From there, you should be able to narrow down your list to the two or three sites that you are most interested in.
Keep in mind that you can always create multiple casino accounts. Creating multiple accounts allows you to have more access to games, and you can collect more casino bonuses.
What Makes a Real Money Casino Legitimate in 2022?
When you’re ready to play some online casino games for real money, you’ve got options. So, it doesn’t make any sense to settle for things you don’t want when you can have it all by choosing the right site.
If you haven’t accessed many online casinos for real money gaming, you may not even know what you’re looking for, at least not at first. But there are a few key components that, above all else, ensure that you will have a top-notch experience with safe, secure, and fair gaming. That’s ultimately what everyone wants.
Here are some of the non-negotiable factors we look for when ranking and reviewing the best online casinos for real money.
Safety and Security
Safety is our number one priority, and it should be yours too. That is especially true when you use a casino online for real money games.
One indicator of whether a site is safe or not is its gambling license. Therefore, we only recommend sites that hold a legitimate license for the type of gaming that they offer. It is also important to consider the licensing authority. For example, the Malta Gaming Authority has more strict standards than many other organizations.
Fast Deposits and Payouts
If you can’t move cash into your account, then you’re already out of the game. Maybe even more important, though, is knowing that you’ll be paid after you’ve accumulated your big winnings.
So, banking is one of the most critical aspects of the best online casinos for real money gaming..
An ideal scenario is a variety of deposit and payout options, suitable for the players’ geographical locations. All transactions should be fee-free with low minimum requirements, and fast payouts are essential.
Reputation and Customer Service
Transparency is the name of the game when you’re deciding where to play casino games online for real money. If you pull up a website and you don’t see prominently posted customer service information or verification of fair gaming certification, then it should be a red flag.
The RNG certification should be on the homepage, as well as a link to 24/7 customer service.
You’ll notice that the modern sites we recommend take transparency much more seriously than they did a few years ago when you had to play Where’s Waldo to find certification. This is especially true for American players.
Casino Game Selection
Have you ever noticed that recommendations for where to play slots online typically mention the software used? It’s highly unusual in any other industry. But it’s the software that determines what games can be offered to players.
At the best sites, you can expect to find slot banks with at least 100 titles, a variety of video poker games, as well as blackjack, roulette, baccarat, and poker. Adding a live dealer casino provider is also beneficial and adds to the overall service.
Cash Bonuses and Promotions
Bonuses and promotions go hand in hand with online casinos and real money gambling. There are few ways to incentivize online players, so deposit bonuses and free spins serve as the primary awards and enticements.
Most sites offer a generous welcome bonus that promises to match your first deposit. Each site has a different match percentage and maximum bonus amounts. They should also have a variety of bonuses that are available for returning customers.
However, biggest is not ALWAYS best when it comes to casino bonuses. The terms and conditions, such as playthrough requirements, affect how a good a bonus really is. Make sure you think through all of those requirements before you claim online casino real money bonuses.
Mobile Casino App
Mobile compatibility is non-negotiable in today’s world. So, we expect the best sites to offer their services on a high-quality casino app. You shouldn’t have to sacrifice quality just because you want to play real money online casino games from your phone.
Some sites have prioritized their mobile gambling product, even offering some games that don’t pop up on the desktop version. Other sites offer additional bonuses for mobile users.
You typically don’t need to download anything from the Apple or Google Play store, either, as most mobile casinos can be accessed directly through your internet browser.
How We Rank and Review Online Casinos
These factors are just some of the criteria that we look for before we decide to recommend any particular casino. We actually have a whole team of experts who work together to research, test, review and rank various sites.
Our team and our process set us apart from other recommendation sites. We really go the extra mile to make sure every site we recommend is up to our high standards. Here are some of the steps we take to ensure our rankings and reviews are accurate.
- Extensive Research – Every site we recommend has been thoroughly researched. We look for customer reviews, up-to-date licensing information, and details about the company that operates each site.
- Thorough Testing – We try out every site before we recommend it. During our trials, we create an account, make a deposit, test the games, contact customer service, and request a withdrawal. That way, we can speak from experience.
- In-Depth Reviews – Once we have tested the site, we craft a detailed review. Our reviews cover every aspect of the site and everything we uncovered during our research. They are your best resource for accurate information.
- Competitive Rankings – Another aspect of our process is considering how various sites stack up against each other. We create different rankings based on games, banking methods, bonuses, and other criteria.
- Continuous Updates – Casinos change over time because they are always competing. That’s why we periodically update our reviews and rankings. We check for new features, highlight new games, and adjust our recommendations.
Knowing all of this information about how we do things here might not matter to some people. But we think it is essential that you know why you can trust our recommendations.
Our extensive process goes far beyond what any of our competitors are willing to do. More importantly, we focus on the things that matter to customers instead of which sites are willing to pay the most for a good review.
Real Money Online Casino Games
When it comes to the availability of casino games online for real money, you can expect a virtual translation of what you’ll find in a typical brick-and-mortar casino. But you will have even more options.
Table games are close replications with similar limits, side bets, and gameplay. Slots are also similar but, with a few exceptions, online slot providers have different titles than what you’ll find on a land-based casino floor.
Real Money Slots
It’s the number one game, whether you’re playing slots online or in person. By their nature, slots provide the most variety. Developers have all kinds of flexibility with the stakes, paylines, features, themes, and bonus rounds.
So, unlike a casino game such as roulette, variations are virtually limitless. Slots are also popular because there’s no learning curve. You can pull up any game, press spin, and you’re in it to win it.
Now that we’ve moved on from the original reel-based games to video slots, the format easily transitions from an in-person machine to a digital platform.
The leading casinos provide at least 100 slot games, although you may come across some that could exceed 1,000, depending on licensing and regulation. Most sites also offer exciting progressive jackpot slots.
Real Money Blackjack
Slots are number one when compared to other machine-based games, like video poker or keno. In the table games realm, that top spot goes to blackjack. The best sites have plenty of variations on the game of 21.
Just as you’d find in brick and mortars, blackjack games online come in different versions like Pontoon, Face-Up, and Perfect Pairs.
Real Money Roulette
American or European, it doesn’t matter what your preference is, as you’re sure to find a few roulette tables in most online casinos. Most US-focused casinos stick with the American version, but that’s not always the case.
Roulette can be categorized differently, depending on your preferred site. While most include multiple selections in the table games area, if you come up short there, check out the Specialty Games section, and you should hit the roulette jackpot.
Real Money Video Poker
Some casino sites neglect video poker and may only offer a few single-hand options. But the best sites will have an assortment for devoted video poker players. They’ll include some multi-hand games, as well as unique twists, such as Pyramid Poker or European Slot Poker.
Video poker should have a dedicated area on the virtual casino floor. But you’ll sometimes find that it’s hidden inside the Specialty Games area, like roulette.
Live Dealer Games for Money
The best sites also include a dedicated live dealer casino. Even though it may have the same types of betting opportunities as the primary table games area, the live dealer casino experience is quite different because it features a live-streamed video of a human dealer. You get to see the dealer pull the cards from the shoe or spin the roulette wheel on your screen.
Most live dealer casinos will focus on standard games of blackjack, baccarat, and roulette. But you’ll find that the top casinos in 2022 go above and beyond. Croupiers are now hosting table poker, as well as proprietary games.
We’ve mentioned a few of the top games, you will find many other options on most sites. Here are a few other games that you might enjoy.
Depositing and Playing Casino Games for Real Money
Banking is one of the most crucial aspects of playing casino games online for real money. As we mentioned earlier, without access to a proper financial menu, you might as well just move on and find another option.
Above all else, figuring out how to move cash in and out of a casino is the most significant challenge, particularly if you’re a beginner.
Evaluating Your Banking Options
Before you register a new player’s account, we advise that you look through the deposit and withdrawal options to make sure that it suits your needs. What you’re specifically searching for includes the following.
- Your preferred banking method
- Any fees attached to transfers
- Turnaround times
Real Money Deposit Options at Online Casinos
The following are the most common banking methods used by online casinos.
- Credit and debit cards
- Nearly all real mony gambling sites online accept Visa and Mastercard as a starting point. American Express, Discover, and Union Pay are also possibilities, but not guaranteed.
- Prepaid and gift cards
- Whether you’re running into issues with traditional financial institutions, or you just like the idea of enhanced privacy, prepaid and gift cards are alternatives. Keep in mind, though, that limits are usually much lower on these types of transfers.
- Bitcoin, and any of the altcoin cryptocurrencies, are some of the easiest ways to fund your account. When you transfer funds from crypto wallets, it’s faster, much more private, and usually always fee-free.
- E-wallets (Skrill, Neteller, Paypal)
- Like cryptocurrency, e-wallets are virtually guaranteed methods of moving cash in and out of your account. They’re also typically fast and fee-free.
It should be noted that the availability of certain banking options is restricted in some regions. For example, you won’t find any Paypal-friendly casinos in the USA. Casino sites that accept credit card deposits are not available in the United Kingdom. These restrictions are because of regulations and payment processor policies, so it’s not something the casino can control.
Real Money Casino Apps
A few years ago, not that many of even the most reputable online casinos were great for mobile play. But, it’s 2022, and mobile access to everything is a priority, and that includes gambling. Casino apps are far more widely available now.
Now that doesn’t mean that you’ll head to the Apple store to find an official app for every online casino. If a site doesn’t have a native app approved in the Apple or Google Play store, it has a responsive app. These are typically compatible with iPhones, Android phones, and all kinds of other mobile devices.
No App Store Required
Responsive apps are mobile versions of the full desktop operation. Until recently, they had small buttons, barely readable text, and were frustrating to use.
However, these days, the top casinos have top-notch smartphone representations. Hamburger menus open to reveal bonuses, banking, registration, and everything else you’ll find on the full site. Gaming software prioritizes mobile play with oversized graphics and buttons. No magnifying glass required.
To access a mobile-responsive casino app, type the website address into your mobile browser. You can register a new account, or log in to your existing one, and get the ball rolling. It is a good idea to bookmark the site if you plan to use it frequently.
Top online casinos will also have the best mobile counterparts. They may not have small icons in the Apple store, but they’ll get the job done with responsive casino apps.
We’ve got an entire section dedicated to the best real money casino apps that are as convenient to pull up, as your favorite mobile gambling site.
Online Casinos to Avoid
We like to look at the glass as half full and focus on the best places to play online casino games for real money. But reality bites, and there are some gambling sites that, unfortunately, make the naughty list.
During our review, rating, and ranking process, we occasionally come across some sites that you should avoid at all costs. Here are a few examples.
- Jackpot Grand Casino is part of the Netad Management/Win Palace group. The site has limited payouts to increments as small as $500 per week. It also stalled players in the verification process for three months, and then denied payouts.
- Golden Gate Casino used malware to spam customers. They also charged some players’ credit cards twice for a single transaction and threatened customers who complained.
- Pink Lady Casino used malware to block customers from accessing other casinos. They also locked players’ accounts and denied winnings without reason. The site doesn’t even have customer service, so you can’t get help.
Whether they’re slow to pay, just refuse to pay, or have other issues like changing their terms and conditions without notice or unfair gaming practices, one problem is enough to place an operator on our “no” list.
That doesn’t mean that a site can’t redeem itself. But what you’ll find if you look through our blacklist page is that there are trends that tie into ownership. So, instead of an issue with just one casino, there are usually problems with all sites under a single umbrella.
If you’re ever in doubt, be sure to check out the current members of our online casino blacklist before you register a player’s account.
Real Money Casinos FAQ
- As a Brand New Online Casino Player, What Else Should I Know?
- AIf you’re a new player, then you’re off to the right start by reviewing this information on reputable and legit casinos.Choosing the right site is the most important step when it comes to safe, secure, and fair casino gaming.
Make sure you have your ducks in a row before registering by reviewing the banking methods to ensure there is one to match your preference. You’ll be asked to provide your name, address, and phone number and may receive a call to verify your information. If you’re excited about the bonuses and promotions, be sure to check out the terms and conditions before depositing cash.
Check out our beginner’s guide for more helpful information and advice.
- Is It Safe to Play Online Casino Games for Real Money?
- AYes, it’s safe to play casino games online as long as you select one of the reputable and safe online casinos that have been vetted.
The ones on our recommended list meet that criteria.
- Where Can I Play Slots for Real Money Online?
- AMost online casinos prioritize slots and all will carry them. The top casinos offer at least 100 slot titles from a licensed and regulated software provider.
- Are There Limits to How Much You Can Win in an Online Casino?
- AYes, but limits are imposed by each operator and are typically tied to payout limits.
For example, if you win a $50,000 jackpot, you may receive five $10,000 payouts, instead of one lump sum. Some sites also have limits on how much you can when you have an active bonus.
- Do All Casino Sites Pay Out Winnings?
- AWe’d like to say that all casinos are reputable and have no payout issues. However, there are some operators on our blacklist that have patterns of slow or no-pays.
That’s why we do due diligence in compiling lists of legit casinos online, and consistently reevaluate.
- Are There Other Trusted Online Casinos With Real Money Games?
- AAbsolutely! We’ve listed the best of the best online casinos on this page, but there are certainly some other options worth considering. If you’re looking for something specific, you should take a look at the rest of our casino rankings. We’ve rated the top sites in various different categories, so you can find something that suits your own personal preferences.
- What Are the Best Games to Play Online for Cash?
- AIt’s difficult to say which casino games are best, as it depends on what you’re looking for. Do you want a shot at winning a big cash prize, or do you prefer games with a low house edge? Do you like simple games, or ones that involve some strategy? We suggest taking a look at our casino game guides and taking it from there.
- Do I Have to Download Any Software to Play Games?
- Can You Win Cash Playing Casino Games for Free?
- AAll of the sites we recommend allow you to win cash when you risk money. They also give you the option to play games for free, but you can’t collect your winnings when you do that.
Some sites claim to offer cash prizes for free games, but that isn’t really how it works. These sites allow you to enter sweepstakes contests to earn cash, but you will receive a random prize. Playing their free casino games may help you earn more contest entries, but it doesn’t guarantee you will earn a prize.
- How Fast Will I Get My Payout? How Do Withdrawals Work on Online Casinos?
- AWhen you are ready to withdraw your winnings, you will request a withdrawal. You can choose the amount you want to withdraw, as long as it is less than the withdrawal limit, and the banking method. However, some sites have policies that force you to use specific banking methods.
Once you submit your request, the site needs to verify your information. They will check your wagers to make sure you weren’t cheating, and they will make sure you have cleared any bonus requirements. After that, they will verify your identity and make sure it matches the account information for your chosen banking method. This verification process can take 12-48 hours, depending on the site.
After your withdrawal gets approved, the site will issue your payment via your chosen banking method. The delivery time depends on the banking method. E-wallets and cryptocurrency typically get delivered instantly, while credit cards and bank transfers can take several days.
- What Is the Best Online Casino Bonus?
- AThe best bonus for you depends on your preferences. In general, you want to look for the highest possible match percentage or the lowest playthrough requirement.
Make sure you know how the playthrough gets calculated. Some sites calculate it based on the bonus amount, while others use the bonus and deposit amount. In some cases, using a site with a higher rollover amount is better if it only applies to the bonus funds.
- Do I Have to Pay Taxes on My Winnings?
- AThe answer to this question depends on where you live. You are supposed to claim your winnings as taxable income in the US, but they are tax-free if you live in the UK or Canada. Of course, the laws are different if you are a professional who uses gambling as your primary source of income.
Most online casinos do not report your earnings to government authorities. That is especially true for international casinos with customers all over the world. Instead, they leave it up to you to learn the laws in your area and act accordingly.