Best Sports Betting Sites in Australia
Aussies love betting on sports, so there are hundreds of online sportsbooks that cater to Australian customers. But the most challenging part is figuring out which site you want to use. There is a big difference between the top betting sites in Australia and the other ones.
We have worked hard to research, test, and review hundreds of Aussie betting sites to find the best ones. You can see our recommendations below. But we also understand that the site that is perfect for you might not work for someone else, and vice versa. That is why we will compare all of our top sites and give you more information about each of them.
If you are ready to get started, choose any of the sites from the following list of online bookmakers in Australia. Or you can keep reading the rest of this page to find out about each of these sites and more information about betting sites Australia.
Expertly Ranked List of Top Australian Betting Sites
|Rank||Betting Site||Exclusive Bonus||Get Started|
|60% Up To $1,000||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|50% Up To $250||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|125% Up To $2,500||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|100% Up To $500||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|100% Up To $1,000||Visit Site||Visit Site|
All of these sites meet our criteria for the best betting sites in Australia. That means they have a legitimate online gambling license, a wide variety of betting markets, and several convenient banking methods. You can choose any of these sites to bet on Australian sports, and you will be able to enjoy a safe and legit betting experience.
We want this page to be a resource for all Aussie bettors. So, we have included lots of helpful information throughout the rest of this page. For example, we will cover banking methods, the types of sports you can bet on, and how to find the best betting apps.
You can read this page from start to finish if you want a complete look at everything Australian betting websites have to offer. But if you have specific topics that you are looking for, you can use the links below to jump directly to a particular section.
Comparing the Best Betting Sites in Australia
While all of the sites we recommend offer a quality sports betting experience, they don’t all offer the same things. For example, some sites have better bonuses, while others offer a wider variety of banking methods. Even if two sites have the same banking methods, they might have different deposit and withdrawal limits.
These differences can help you determine which betting site in Australia will work best for you. Our full-length reviews will tell you everything you need to know about a specific site, but we want to give you a brief comparison of our recommended sites. This way, you can see which sites have the features you are looking for at a glance.
|Betting Site||Overview||Welcome Bonus||Live Streaming||Multi-Betting||Banking Methods|
|Bet365||Bet365 is one of the best Aussie betting sites because it has so many Australian sports leagues to bet on. You can also enjoy live streaming if you have active wagers.||Special Offers for Specific Sports||Yes||Yes||Credit Card, E-wallets, PayPal, Vouchers, Wire Transfers|
|MyBookie||MyBookie is a top-rated betting site with many Australian betting markets. It stands out because there are no deposit limits for many banking methods, and you can get up to $1,000 in bonus cash when you sign up.||50% up to $1,000||No||Yes||Credit Card, Cryptocurrency, E-wallets, Bank Transfers|
|XBet||XBet claims to be the last sportsbook you will ever join. The wide variety of betting markets and fast banking methods make this site stand out.||50% up to $500||No||Yes||Credit Card, Cryptocurrency, Personal transfers|
|GTBets||GTBets is a reputable betting site that is especially popular with football bettors. The bonuses stand out because they have such reasonable wagering requirements.||100% up to $500||No||Yes||Credit Card, Cryptocurrency, E-wallets|
|20Bet||20Bet is one of the best betting sites because it has a wide variety of betting options. Some events have more than 100 betting markets.||100% up to $100||No||Yes||Credit Card, Cryptocurrency, E-wallets, Bank Transfers|
CLICK TO SEE MORE
Each of these Australian betting sites has something unique to offer. They are all high-quality sportsbooks with a wide range of betting markets and competitive odds. But each one has different features, bonuses, and sports to offer.
You may want to consider joining multiple betting sites. That way, you can enjoy all of the various features and betting markets whenever you want to. Joining multiple sites is also a wise decision because it allows you to compare odds on specific events.
Another benefit of joining multiple online betting sites in Australia is that you can claim several bonuses. Many AU betting sites have lower bonuses capped at $250 or $500, but you can get thousands of dollars in bonus cash by collecting bonuses on several sites.
How We Rank Betting Sites Australia
You might be wondering if you can trust our recommendations for the best Australian betting sites. We admire your vigilance because you really can’t trust everything you read online.
Instead of telling you all about ourselves, we want to explain our process for finding and ranking these sites. Hopefully, understanding our process will help you see that we have done our due diligence to make sure our recommendations are accurate. Here are the steps we take to rank and review betting sites.
- First, we rule out sites that don’t meet our basic criteria. Before we even consider recommending a site, we make sure it is fully licensed, meets basic security standards, and uses reputable software providers.
- The next step is to take a closer look at the site’s reputation. We browse online gambling forums and review sites to find out what other people are saying about the site. If we find credible complaints about scamming customers or slow payouts, that site won’t make the cut.
- Then we test the site for ourselves. Our test includes every aspect of the site, such as creating an account, making deposits, betting on sports, and requesting withdrawals. We even reach out to customer service to see how responsive they are.
- Once we are sure that the betting site is up to our standards, we add it to our list. From there, we rank each site according to which one offers the best overall experience. We also create rankings based on specific criteria, like the best sites for a specific sport.
As you can see, our ranking process is quite extensive. It takes a lot of time, but we believe it is worth it to know that we can confidently stand behind our recommendations. We genuinely want to help you find the best betting sites Australia.
Our team is made up of gamblers just like you, and we know how difficult it can be to find Australian online casinos and sports betting sites.
Top AU Sports to Bet On
Now that you have seen our betting sites Australia list let’s explore some of the betting options you will have on these sites. Like many sportsbooks, these sites will accept wagers on a wide variety of sports and leagues. You can easily find wagers on these sports on sports betting sites in Australia.
Many betting sites also offer wagers on politics and entertainment, as well as special events like the Olympics. Here are some of the other betting options that are most important to Aussie bettors.
Aussie rules is the most popular sport in the country in terms of viewership. More than 7,540,000 people watched televised AFL games in 2020. That was an increase of 0.2% from the year before.
Because so many Aussies love watching AFL games, it makes sense that millions of them also like betting on the games. That is why all of our recommended sites include Aussie Rules in their list of covered sports.
While all of these sites include Aussie Rules, each site has different options. For example, GTBets is the only site that offers wagers on AFL Women’s teams. MyBookie offers futures bets for the Grand Final, but it doesn’t offer spread betting on regular-season games.
The best betting site for Australian rules will depend on which wagers you are interested in. We recommend looking through the wagers on each of these sites to determine which site will work best for you.
Once you have chosen your preferred betting site, you will need to choose which teams you want to bet on. We have expert picks to help you navigate your AFL betting choices throughout the season.
Rugby is the second most popular sport in Australia. Its overall viewership for 2020 was 5,763,000, so it is just a little behind Aussie Rules. Even though rugby is primarily an Australian and European sport, it is starting to gain a following in the USA, thanks to sports betting sites and televised championships.
Of course, it is also a popular sport for bettors. However, it is interesting to note that while AFL is more popular, NRL bettors tend to wager more. Roy Morgan Research studied 600,000 Aussies that bet on AFL and NRL games. There were approximately 100,000 more bettors for AFL, but 52% of the betting revenue came from NRL bettors.
You can bet on NRL games on any of our recommended Australian betting sites. Again, the precise options will depend on which site you choose. Props bettors may prefer XBet or MyBookie because they have more than 20 unique betting options for each NRL game. GTBets doesn’t have as many props bets, but the site covers more rugby leagues, so some bettors may prefer that option.
Australian Horse Race Betting
Australia is one of the top locations for horse racing in the world because there are almost 400 racetracks spread throughout the country. These tracks cover different terrains, including metropolitan, provincial, and countryside racetracks. They even have some tracks that are clockwise and others that run counter-clockwise.
Betting on races like the Melbourne Cup is a big deal for Aussies. Horse race betting continues to be one of the most popular forms of gambling in the country. Many people prefer to bet in person, but if you can’t make it to the Flemington Racecourse, or one of the other tracks, you can still bet online.
Horse racing is unique because there are many different ways to bet on the race. For example, you can place straight bets on win, place, and show, or you can create exactas, trifectas, and even superfectas.
Most online betting sites in Australia cover the basics of horse racing, including the most popular races. So you won’t have trouble finding places to bet on the Perth Cup, the Golden Slipper, or Manikato Stakes. But if you want to bet on the Country Cup or other smaller races, you may need to explore other sites.
Exploring racebook sites is also a great way to find additional props bets, futures and parlays. You can find our recommendations for the best AU horse racing sites below.
20Bet is the only exception. For some reason, it doesn’t offer horse race betting at all. So that site will not work for you if you are an avid horse race bettor.
Esports has been a recent phenomenon, both for online gamblers and Australians. It is a volatile industry, with teams, leagues, and star players changing every year or two. That volatility is what makes betting on esports so exciting.
Aussie competitors have specifically made a name for themselves in MOBA (multiplayer online battle arena) games, like League of Legends, Dota 2, and Counter-Strike. Here is an overview of some of Australia’s leagues and star players for prominent esports competitions.
|League of Legends||LCO||Victor “FBI” Huang|
|Counter-Strike Global Offensive||
ESL ANZ Champs
|Justin “jks” Savage|
|Valorant||Oceania Tour||Ethan “Crunchy” Laker|
Rocket League Oceania
The Gauntlet Series
|Daniel “Torsos” Parsons|
FIFAe Club World Cup
|PUBG||Continental Series||James “TGLTN” Giezen|
|Rainbow Six: Siege||
APAC League South
|Etienne “Mag” Rousseau|
|Apex Legends||Global Series: APAC South||Noyan “Genburten” Ozkose|
|Joshua “Sora” Lyras|
CLICK TO SEE MORE
All of the top betting sites in Australia offer a wide variety of esports betting options. These options vary based on seasons and tournament schedules. So, if a particular site doesn’t have a specific game listed, you may want to check back to see if it gets added later.
Can I Use Aussie Betting Sites for Fantasy Sports Betting?
Fantasy sports betting is different from traditional sports betting. Instead of betting on live sporting events, you create a fantasy team of your favorite athletes from various teams. Then you receive points based on the performance of those athletes during live games.
However, there are different sites that specialize in fantasy sports betting that you can use instead.
We have an entire page about fantasy sports betting which explains how it is different from sports betting, and how to find the best sites.
Australian Mobile Betting Apps
The best part of online betting is the convenience that it offers. You don’t have to drive to the sportsbook, interact with people, or even get dressed because you can simply use your home computer to access the best betting site in Australia.
Thanks to modern technology, you don’t even have to be tied to your computer. Australian betting sites are accessible on smartphones, tablets, or mobile devices. You don’t even have to worry about device compatibility in most cases.
The most common way is by accessing the site through your mobile internet browser. Mobile sites are essentially carbon copies of the desktop site, with only a few visual changes to make the site function well on a smaller screen.
Every modern betting site in Australia has a mobile-compatible website. You can use these sites on any device because you access the site through your browser, and you don’t have to download anything.
The other option is to find a betting site that offers a downloadable app. Native apps are designed for your operating system. So if you are using an Android, you will download the Android/apk app, but if you use an iPhone or iPad, you will download the iOS app.
Downloadable apps are not as common as mobile betting sites. The company has to pay more to create two additional apps. Mobile browser sites are created at the same time as desktop sites, so they are much more cost-effective.
However, many companies understand the desire for downloadable apps, so you can find some Australian betting apps to download.
Whether you use a native app or a mobile betting site, Australia has plenty of mobile betting options available. These mobile betting sites offer the same betting markets, bonuses, and banking options as their desktop counterparts. That means you don’t have to sacrifice quality when you want to bet from your phone.
Check Out the Newest Aussie Betting Sites
If you have been betting on sports for a while, you have probably used some of the sites on our list of online bookmakers in Australia. There is something to be said for sites that have maintained their reputation for several years, but sometimes it is nice to experience something new. So, here are some of the newest betting sites in Australia.
- WinnersBet – 2020 (Horse Racing Only)
- PlayUp – 2019
- BoomBet Australia – 2021
- RealBookie – 2020
You will notice that these sites are not included in our list of the best betting sites in Australia. That is because they have not been around long enough for us to recommend them. Checking the site’s reputation is a significant part of how we rank betting sites. If the site has only been operating for a year or two, it hasn’t had much time to develop a reputation.
So, we will wait before we decide whether or not we want to recommend them.
We may also not recommend these sites because they only offer a specific type of betting, or they only cater to customers in specific locations. All of the sites we recommend are available throughout AUS, and they offer wagers on dozens of different sports.
Best Banking Methods for Aussie Bettors
Processing financial transactions is the least exciting part of using betting sites in Australia. But it is also one of the most critical components. You don’t want to get stuck waiting for your withdrawal or paying ridiculous fees, so pay attention to the banking options before you sign up.
Credit cards, cryptocurrency, e-wallets, and bank transfers are the most common banking methods. However, some credit card and e-wallet companies, like Neteller and Skrill, stopped processing online gambling transactions in AU because of recent changes to the Australian gambling laws. Some sites are also starting to use prepaid voucher programs, like Neosurf.
When you think about the banking options, it is essential to consider transaction limits, fees, and processing times. Here is more information about each of these factors.
- Transaction Limits – Deposit and withdrawal limits vary significantly between sites. For example, some sites allow unlimited deposits, while others cap transactions at a few thousand dollars. Withdrawal limits tend to be $5,000 or less on Australian betting sites.
- Cryptocurrency and e-wallets tend to have higher transaction limits than credit cards. However, wire transfers may be the best option for high rollers.
- Fees – Some betting sites charge transaction fees in addition to the fees that your credit card company or financial institution might charge. The fee is typically a percentage of your transaction amount, but some sites also use flat rate fees.
- Credit cards and bank transfers are the banking methods that most often have fees. On the other hand, cryptocurrency and e-wallet transactions are typically, but not always, free.
- Processing Times – Betting sites typically process your deposits immediately because they want you to start betting. But they may take their time on withdrawals. Most sites have a 24-48 hour approval time. After that, the delivery time depends on the banking method you choose.
- Cryptocurrency and e-wallet transactions typically get delivered instantly once they have been approved. So they are the best options for fast payouts. Credit card withdrawals can take up to 7 days, and wire transfers may take even longer.
All of the best betting sites in Australia have a variety of banking options to choose from. So you should be able to find an option that works best for you. Just make sure that the factors above match your preferred banking methods.
One thing that you need to know about banking on betting sites in Australia is that you may be required to use the same banking method for deposits and withdrawals because of anti-money laundering laws. So, if you use a credit card to make your initial deposit, plan on using the same card for your withdrawals.
The site may make an exception if a particular banking method is not available for withdrawals. However, they may require you to use their chosen banking method in those cases, so it is better to choose a deposit method that works for withdrawals.
Bonuses and Promotions on Betting Sites Australia
One of the benefits of joining Australian betting sites is collecting valuable bonuses. All of our recommended sites have a combination of welcome bonuses and additional promotions for existing customers. Here is a little more information about the bonuses available on our top-rated Aussie betting sites.
- Bet365 – This site is unique because it doesn’t have a generic welcome bonus. Instead, Bet365 has several offers for specific sports. For example, you might be able to get rebates on horse race betting and free bets for soccer. See the site’s promotions page for more information.
- MyBookie – You can get a 50% deposit match on your first deposit on MyBookie. The maximum bonus amount is $1,000, and the rollover is 10x the deposit and bonus amount.
- XBet – The XBet welcome bonus offers a 50% deposit match of up to $500. This offer is best for low-stakes gamblers because it has a low rollover requirement of only 7x.
- GTBets – Double your money with a 100% deposit match on your first GTBets deposit. This offer is good for up to $500, and you can get an additional $250 in bonus cash on your second deposit. The rollover is 12x your deposit and bonus amount.
- 20Bet – Get a 100% deposit match on your first 20Bet deposit, up to $100. While this offer has a lower bonus amount, it also comes with a fantastic rollover of only 5x your bonus amount. You have to make accumulator bets to meet the rollover, but your deposit amount is not included.
In addition to these great offers, these sites also have free bets, reload bonuses, rebates, VIP programs, and other promotions. Check out our bonuses and rewards for more information on how sports betting bonuses and wagering requirements work.
Betting Sites Australia FAQ
- What Is the Best Online Betting Site in Australia?
- AWe think that Bet365 is the best betting site in Australia. It offers a wide range of betting options, convenient mobile gambling options, and specialized bonuses that give you rewards for the sports you want to bet on.
That being said, any of the sites on this list could be considered the best. It depends on your personal preferences.
- Does Any Betting Site Give Deals to Western Australia?
- AAll of the sites on our list of online betting sites in Australia offer welcome bonuses and promotions to all customers. That means that customers in Western Australia can get the same deals as other Aussies.
- Is Using Multiple Sports Betting Sites in Australia Illegal?
- ANo! You can use as many betting sites as you want to. It is a good idea to be mindful of joining sister sites that are owned by the same company because you could violate their terms if you claim bonuses on both sites. But as long as different companies operate all your sites, you can join as many as you want to.
- Which Australian Betting Sites Have Boku?
- ABoku is a popular e-wallet that allows customers to transfer money with only their phone number. It is often used in conjunction with Neteller. Betting sites like Bet365 used to offer Boku payments, but Boku and Neteller stopped processing online gambling transactions in Australia in 2017.
- What Australia Betting Sites Have Pay by Phone?
- ASeveral AU betting sites accept deposits by phone, but they don’t want every customer calling in, so they don’t advertise it. If you want to pay by phone, we recommend reaching out to customer service to find out if that option is available.
- Which Overseas Betting Sites Can You Bet From in Australia?
- AAll of the sites we recommend are operated by companies outside of Australia.
- Can I Bet on American Bookmakers From Australia?
- AYes! MyBookie and XBet are two examples of sportsbooks that accept customers from both Australia and the USA.
- Can You Use UK Bookmakers From Australia?
- AYes. Several UK bookmakers are available to customers in Australia, including Bet365. If you have already used a Bet365 account for betting outside of AU, you may need to create a new account. The Australian version of the site might be slightly different from the UK site because the site has to adapt to Australian betting laws.