An Overview of Evolution Gaming in 2021
The following is an overview of Evolution Gaming. Details include:
- A timeline of important events from the time they launched their business until today
- Examples of live dealer games they provide to online casinos
- Features Evolution Gaming has built into their games
- Compatibility – the devices you can play their games from
- Licensing and regulation details
If you want to learn about Evolution Gaming and the games they’ve created, this is the page to read.
Timeline of Important Events
The following is a timeline of important events in Evolution Gaming’s history:
- 2006: Evolution Gaming launched their business.
- 2007: Evolution made some huge agreements with well-known operators, such as Party Gaming, William Hill, Gala Coral and Gaming VC.
- 2009: They made additional agreements with several more known operators such as 888, Ladbrokes, Unibet and SkyBet.
They also expand their TV production studio to keep up with customer demand.
- 2010: They won a few awards including EGR Live Casino Software Supplier of the Year and Software Rising Star of the Year.
- 2011: Evolution expanded further by entering a couple new markets: Italy and Denmark.
- 2012: Evolution Gaming launched a new game – Casino Hold ’em. They also launched their mobile gaming platform.
- 2013: They became the first live casino provider to receive preliminary approval to offer games in New Jersey.
- 2014: Evolution won a couple awards, including EGR Game of the Year 2014 and EGR Live Casino Software Supplier of the Year. This was their fifth year in a row winning the latter award.
- 2015: They launched their live Baccarat Squeeze and Caribbean Stud Poker game. Evolution also won the EGR Live Casino Supplier of the Year for the sixth year in a row.
- 2016: Evolution won another supplier of the year award – their seventh in a row. They also opened their sixth studio, as well as their first in Romania.
They also added a couple more games to their lineup including Dual Play Roulette and a jackpot to both their live Casino Hold ’em and Caribbean Stud games.
Evolution also won another supplier of the year award.
That brings us to today. As you’ll see in the next section, Evolution Gaming is still working hard to expand their business and put their games in front of as many live dealer fans as possible.
Evolution Gaming’s Live Casino Games
Evolution Gaming broadcasts their games live from the following locations:
They’re launching a new studio in Canada that will go live in 2018. This will be their first major expansion outside of Europe.
The games you can play will vary based on the studio location. For example, you’ll be able to play live roulette and blackjack from the Canada studio, but not casino hold ’em. That goes for their native speakers, too.
Now, let’s look at some examples of live games you can play.
Examples of Live Dealer Games
The games you can play from Evolution Gaming include:
- Immersive Roulette
- European Roulette
- Speed Roulette
- French Roulette
- Live Double Ball Roulette
- Dual Play Roulette
- Mini Live Roulette
- Slingshot Auto Roulette
- Casino Hold’em
- Three Card Poker
- VIP Red Room**
- Live Dream Catcher
- Ultimate Live Texas Hold’em
- Caribbean Stud
**Limits and experience tailored to high limit players.
Their games also come in different variants. For example, they have their standard and VIP tables, as well as tables where dealers speak in their (the player’s) native language. This is great because dealers will also chat and have conversations with you.
Table limits vary based on game, table, jurisdiction, etc., but their high limit tables allow you to play as high as €5,000 for their blackjack games and much higher for their roulette tables.
You can view the rules and house edge for each game on WizardOfOdds.com
Live Dealer Features
Evolution Gaming has included several features into their games. Some are game specific, while others are available for every game.
Here are some examples of their game features:
- Favorite Bets – Customize and save up to 15 of your favorite roulette bets (single or multiple bets, special or neighborhood, etc.).
- Side/Bonus Bets – Payouts are as high as 1,000 to 1.
- Game History
- Hot Numbers
- Hot Players – Players are highlighted with a gold medal that will also show you how many game rounds they’ve won. Players who plan to ‘bet behind’ will appreciate this feature most.
- Bet Behind – Place bets behind other players while you wait for one of the seats to open. You can bet behind all seven players if you want.
- Pre-Decision – Make your decision to hit, stand, double down or split at the same time as the first player. This moves the games along faster, which means you can play more hands per hour.
- Multi-Game Play – Play up to four different live dealer games at once.
- 24/7 – This depends on the operator, but IT IS possible to find live games 24/7.
All of Evolution Gaming’s live casino games are streamed in high-quality HD, with multiple camera views for each game.
Evolution’s live dealer games can be streamed and played from most, if not all, devices that connect to the web. That includes desktop and laptop computers, smartphones and tablets, TV and VLTs.
The mobile devices they support include:
- iPad, iPad Air and iPad mini (all generations)
- Android tablets (Samsung, Google Nexus, Sony)
- iPhone (all generations)
- Android smartphones (Samsung Galaxy, HTC, Google Nexus, LG, Sony)
We recommend that those of you with all other devices at least check to see if your device is compatible. It doesn’t hurt to check, and doesn’t take long either.
Licenses, Regulations and Approvals
Evolution Gaming is licensed and regulated by:
- AGCC (Alderney Gambling Control Commission)
- MGA (Malta Gaming Authority)
- UKGC (UK Gambling Commission)
- Kansspel Commissie (Belgium Gaming Commission)
- Romania National Gambling Office
In addition, Evolution Gaming is:
- Certified by AAMS (Amministrazione Autonoma Monopoli di Stato) in Italy
- Certified by SKAT (the Danish tax authority) and DGA (Danish Gaming Authority) in Denmark
- Certified by DGOJ (Dirección General de Ordenación del Juego) and Murcia in Spain
- ISO 27001:2013 accredited
They were also the first live casino provider to gain Preliminary Waiver Approval to operate in New Jersey.
It’s obvious that Evolution Gaming is one of the best live dealer game providers. They have a large selection of games, limits and plenty of interesting features.
They have high ratings, too – including a 10/10 at CasinoListings.com
Unfortunately, Americans won’t be able to play their games due to U.S. gambling laws (for operators)—Not until they make their way into one of the legal, regulated states anyway.
For everyone else, though, we recommend you check their games out.