How and Where to Bet on the 2021 Super Bowl in California
California is one of the states where football is adored. I’m sure that the locals can’t wait for Super Bowl 55.
Watching the big game is entertaining enough, but betting real money on the Super Bowl makes it even more existing.
If you’re looking to get involved, you’ll want to know your options for Super Bowl betting in California. Which is exactly what I’m going to tell you.
In this post, I explore all the opportunities for gambling on the NFL from California. These include online betting sites, mobile betting apps, and land-based sportsbooks.
Before I dig deeper, here’s a list of the very best Super Bowl betting sites for California residents in 2021.
- MyBookie – If you love Super Bowl props, you will love MyBookie’s large variety of markets for the final game of the NFL season.
- BetUS – Another excellent option for gambling online in CA that includes a steady stream of Super Bowl promotions and contests.
- BetNow – You can’t go wrong with BetNow because the site has plenty of markets, nice bonuses, and a great mobile version for real money football betting.
- Bovada – One of the most popular online gambling sites that offers excellent Super Bowl 55 odds and promotions to Californian bettors.
- BetOnline – Fast payments, high odds, and juicy promotions make BetOnline one of the top California Super Bowl betting sites.
These sites are all trusted and safe for real money online gambling. They’re the top websites for California Super Bowl betting in 2021.
Online Super Bowl Betting in California
Betting on Super Bowl 2021 online offers many perks. You can pick between multiple football gambling sites like the ones you see above, and it’s always good to have choices.
This is something that’s generally lacking when it comes to California sports betting. Placing real money bets in CA is not easy unless you’re using the internet.
Let’s look at some other reasons why Super Bowl betting online makes the most sense.
Advantages of Betting on the Super Bowl Online
Picking California betting sites or gambling apps for Super Bowl LV comes with the following upsides.
- It’s easy –Just open an online sportsbook, and you can bet real money in seconds.
- Excellent odds – The top California online gambling sites consistently offer great odds.
- Bonuses and promos – Bet on the Super Bowl online and receive extra value through promotions.
- Betting options – The variety of football bets for the Super Bowl is exceptional online.
If you’ve would like to give it a shot, I have some tips for online Super Bowl betting that will help you get the best possible experience.
Tips for Super Bowl Betting Online
It’s easy to bet on the 2021 Super Bowl online in California. You can get started without needing any detailed instructions.
With that said, there are some things you should know if you want to take full advantage of everything online gambling has to offer.
- Stick to safe betting sites
- All of my recommended Super Bowl betting sites for CA in this post can be trusted thanks to their security measures, licenses for gambling online, and strong reputations. If you look elsewhere when choosing where to bet, make sure you stick with sites that meet the same criteria.
- Utilize bonus and promotions
- Many people claim a welcome bonus for joining a new gambling site and leave it at that. That’s a mistake, as the extra value available from following the latest promotions and contests is worth your time.
- Use multiple sites for gambling online
- Joining multiple California gambling sites just for betting on Super Bowl 55 might seem excessive, but it’s worth it. You can shop around for the best odds and benefit from more bonuses.
- Utilize mobile Super Bowl betting
- All of the top-rated Super Bowl betting websites for California have real money gambling apps that allow you to place bets any time, anywhere. Make sure you don’t miss out on the best opportunities.
- Don’t ignore bet builders
- Some of the top sites for betting on the Super Bowl offer the bet builder feature. This opens the door to unique betting markets that are only available when gambling online.
My final tip here is to PLEASE think carefully when deciding where to bet on the 2021 Super Bowl in California. Don’t risk betting money on football with any organization or person unless you’re sure they can be trusted.
Any of my recommendations here can definitely be trusted, but my number one choice for California online Super Bowl betting in 2021 is MyBookie. Here’s why.
MyBookie – #1 Super Bowl Betting Site for CA
- Year founded: 2014
- Welcome bonus: 50% up to $1,000
- Payment options: Credit and debit cards, Person-2-Person, Crypto
- Highlight: Great Super Bowl 2021 prop bets
- Super Bowl Contests: Yes
MyBookie is one of the best NFL betting sites online in 2021. It has been years, and it ranks highly for many forms of real money online gambling.
When it comes to football betting specifically, the high odds, the exciting contests, and the rewarding promotions are what helps it set it apart.
When the Super Bowl comes around, MyBookie somehow becomes even better!
The online bookmaker offers countless exciting props for the big game, as well as exclusive deals that can bring you even more rewards for betting money on the Super Bowl.
You can add fast payments, a slick app for mobile betting, and the polite customer support team to the list of advantages here.
You can read our full review of MyBookie to see why it’s my first choice for betting on the Super Bowl in California. Or you can simply visit the site and check it out for yourself!
Mobile Super Bowl Betting in California
I’m sure that many of you would prefer to bet on Super Bowl 55 from your phone or tablet. That’s easy to achieve because all of the recommended Super Bowl gambling sites in this post offer mobile football betting.
They don’t have native real money betting apps that you have to download. Their sites are mobile-responsive using HTML 5. The net result is effectively the same, and the point is that you can bet money on the Super Bowl from your mobile device.
Although some people prefer to use dedicated apps for real money sports betting, I don’t personally see the advantage.
In fact, there’s a good argument that mobile sports betting sites are the best option. You don’t have to install something that requires regular updates, for starters, and native apps are far more likely to fail than mobile websites, in my experience.
Benefits of Using CA Super Bowl Betting Apps
Regardless of whether we call them betting apps or mobile betting websites, there are definitely benefits to using them.
Here are the main ones.
- Exclusive mobile bonuses – Many mobile sportsbooks for California offer exclusive bonuses that offer even more extra value.
- Live betting is easier – You can place your live Super Bowl bets easily wherever you choose to watch the game.
- Bet instantly – If something big happens that moves the odds, you can bet on Super Bowl 2021 instantly to take advantage of any value you spot.
As you can see, betting on the go makes a lot of sense.
It’s a great option for betting on the 2021 Super Bowl in California or wherever you happen to be!
Tips for Betting on Mobile Devices
If you intend to use Super Bowl betting apps for placing your real money wagers on the clash between the Chiefs and the Buccaneers, check out my advice for mobile gambling online.
These tips can help you avoid the common mistakes most people make.
- Don’t rush your bets
- A lot of people tend to see an appealing bet on their mobile device and go for it without thinking. Sometimes the Super Bowl odds might be high because of a recent injury or another important piece of news. Make sure you are aware of all the information before you bet with real money.
- Follow basic security guidelines
- You are slightly more vulnerable when you bet on your phone, so you need to take precautions. Don’t use unknown wi-fi networks, don’t download shady files, and be sure to secure your device with additional antivirus software.
- Use Cash Out
- I’m not the biggest fan of the Cash Out feature, but it works so well on mobile, and many real apps offer it. If you feel your 2021 Super Bowl bets might be at risk while you’re watching the game, don’t hesitate to secure your profits or cut your losses by cashing out early.
If you want to place your Super Bowl 55 wagers on mobile and haven’t decided which app to pick yet, here’s my top recommendation.
BetUS – #1 Super Bowl Betting App for California
- Devices: iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone
- Credit Card Betting: Yes
- Cryptocurrency Betting: Yes
- Other Payment Options: Cash transfers, bank wire
- Welcome Bonus: 100% up to $2,500
As soon as you see the $2,500 welcome bonus that can be used to bet on the Super Bowl in California, you know that BetUS is pretty generous.
The sportsbook uses a mobile-responsive website that will automatically adjust to your device for the best performance.
The NFL gambling app is user-friendly and offers all the main features of the bookmaker. You can go through the latest Super Bowl LV betting odds, place your wagers, manage your account, and even contact the support.
Let’s not forget the bonuses, promotions, and contests that are open to all CA bettors.
It’s hard to imagine anywhere better for mobile Super Bowl betting in California, so why not visit the online sportsbook and explore what bets are available. Or read our review for more information.
Other Options for California Super Bowl Betting
At this point, you know all about how to bet on the Super Bowl online in California. What other options do you have?
You could find private CA bookmakers that will accept your Super Bowl 55 bets. Or you could use a telephone betting service. The problem is that both are technically illegal and come with chances of running into trouble.
I expect to see some brick-and-mortar sportsbooks for safe betting in California in the future. The first legal steps have been made, but there are complications.
If gambling online from California doesn’t appeal to you for some reason, another option is to visit a land-based sportsbook in one of the neighboring states.
2021 Super Bowl Betting from Nevada and Oregon
Oregon and Nevada both have options when it comes to legal betting on the Super Bowl. Most of you know how it works when it comes to Las Vegas.
All the big casinos there have a sports gambling lounge you could visit. The situation is pretty similar in Oregon. The state was among the first to legalize sports betting, and many casinos accept real money sports wagers nowadays.
If you don’t mind making the trip from California, going to Oregon or Nevada certainly works well if you want to bet on Super Bowl 55.
Expert Tips for Betting Super Bowl 2021
I’ve provided an answer to the question of where to bet on Super Bowl LV in California, but that’s only part of the equation.
If you want to win money from football bets on the big game, you should prepare carefully and make smart choices.
Certain distractions hurt your chances, and the mainstream news outlets are the best example of that.
The goal of the media is to create hype around the NFL showpiece game and attract attention. That’s why many casters and analysts share sensationalist opinions, and many people buy into them.
Another thing to consider is your personal bias. I’m sure that some of you love Tom Brady, others hate him. The same probably applies to Patrick Mahomes or other players.
Don’t let your feelings prevent you from making the best 2021 Super Bowl betting decisions.
Finding value in the odds for the main bets is not always possible. The top wagers are often the props, so make sure to explore all opportunities when picking your Super Bowl gambling strategy.
Our guide to Super Bowl prop bets can help with that. We also have several posts with tips for those looking to bet on the Super Bowl in Cali.
- National Anthem Props – This post includes the best Super Bowl 2021 props related to the national anthem.
- Commercials Props – The commercials are a big part of the show, and the best California Super Bowl betting sites offer some excellent opportunities to make money from them.
- Halftime props – One of my colleagues explores the latest Super Bowl 55 halftime props and shares his best bets.
My last piece of Super Bowl betting advice would be to always explore the data at your disposal.
There is a ton of information for free online on both teams, and you should use it when you gamble on Super Bowl 55.
If you don’t have enough time to dig around, you can check the following posts that go through some numbers.
No matter what your Super Bowl betting strategy is, remember that you should be looking for the best value possible when sports gambling online.
California’s Super Bowl History
California has hosted eleven Super Bowls so far and features three NFL teams.
It’s safe to say that the Vince Lombardi trophy and the state are connected forever.
Super Bowls in California
The first-ever Super Bowl was in California, and the state has hosted another ten NFL Finals since. That’s the second-most behind Florida.
Let’s take a look at what happened in each of them.
|1967||Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum||Green Bay Packers|
|1973||Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum||Miami Dolphins|
|1977||Rose Bowl||Oakland Riders|
|1980||Rose Bowl||Pittsburgh Steelers|
|1983||Rose Bowl||Washington Redskins|
|1985||Stanford Stadium||San Francisco 49ers|
|1987||Rose Bowl||New York Giants|
|1988||San Diego–Jack Murphy Stadium||Washington Redskins|
|1993||Rose Bowl||Dallas Cowboys|
|1998||Qualcomm Stadium||Denver Broncos|
|2003||Qualcomm Stadium||Tampa Bay Buccaneers|
|2016||Levi’s Stadium||Denver Broncos|
As you can see, the game has been hosted by several different stadiums in the state.
The 2022 Super Bowl will be played at SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, so California will record another big game in the state.
Los Angeles Rams
- Super Bowls Won: 1 (1999)
- Pre-Merger Titles: 2 (1945; 1951)
- Conference Championships: 7
The Los Angeles Rams were founded way back in 1936, but the team has been struggling to shine for most of its long history. The trophy cabinet of the franchise includes two titles that came before the AFL-NFL merger and one Super Bowl from 1999.
The Rams did have a solid 2020 season, though, finishing the regular season with 10 victories. That was enough for a wild card, and the team even beat Seattle in the NFL Playoffs before losing to the Packers in the second round.
Los Angeles Chargers
- Super Bowls Won: 0
- Pre-Merger Titles: 1 (1963)
- Conference Championships: 1 (1994)
The LA Chargers have been around since the 1960s, and their only title came in 1963. They have only one Super Bowl appearance after the merger and lost badly against the San Francisco 49ers.
The team has been average recently and has failed to qualify for the NFL Playoffs for two consecutive campaigns. The Chargers did finish 2020 on a high, though, recording four wins at the end of the regular season.
San Francisco 49ers
- Super Bowls Won: 5 (1981, 1984, 1988, 1989, 1994)
- Pre-Merger Titles: 0
- Conference Championships: 7
The San Francisco 49ers are by far the most successful Californian team in the NFL. The franchise had a glorious period in the 1980s, winning four Super Bowls during that decade. A certain Joe Montana was the starting quarterback at the time, which probably explains it.
The 49ers have struggled to replicate their best years since despite some decent moments. The organization had the joint-best record in the NFC last year and even reached the Super Bowl, but Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs were too strong.
The team took a step back in 2020 and will be hoping to recover next year.
Legendary Super Bowl Quarterbacks from CA
It’s ironic that some of the best football players from California never played for a team from the state. Three guys stand out and have found Super Bowl success, so let’s check them out.
- Super Bowl appearances: 9
- Rings: 6
- Super Bowl MVPs: 4
It’s fascinating that Tom Brady is still going after his phenomenal career so far. The man has nine Super Bowl appearances and six rings with the New England Patriots. You can add to that four Super Bowl MVP awards, and there’s little doubt Brady is the GOAT.
If someone does have some doubts left, they might be gone completely this year if Brady leads the Buccaneers to the title against the Chiefs in his tenth Super Bowl. He enters the game as the underdog, but I’m not sure I would bet against him.
- Super Bowl appearances: 1
- Rings: 1
- Super Bowl MVPs: 1
Another legendary Californian quarterback that almost made it to the 2021 Super Bowl is Aaron Rodgers. Many believe that he is among the most talented players in this position ever, and his records confirm it.
And yet, Rodgers has failed to win enough playoff games during his career, and the most recent defeat against Brady hurt his legacy even further.
- Super Bowl appearances: 5
- Rings: 2
- Super Bowl MVPs: 1
For all of his talent, John Elway looked doomed to finish his brilliant career without a ring after losing his first three Super Bowl appearances.
Many players would probably lose faith after such a devastating streak, but Elway kept going strong and won the NFL Championship twice with the Broncos in the last two years of his career.
California Super Bowl Betting FAQ
- Is it Legal to Bet on the 2021 Super Bowl in California?
AYou can use online betting sites or mobile gambling apps to bet on the Super Bowl from California legally. There are no legal land-based sportsbooks.
- Is Online Super Bowl Betting Safe in California?
AYes, if you stick to trusted online gambling sites and sports betting apps like the ones in this post.
- How Can I Deposit Real Money for CA Online Gambling?
AYou can use credit and debit cards, person-2-person transfers, and cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum. The same options are available for withdrawals too.
- Can I Get a Bonus for Super Bowl Betting Online?
AYes, the top California Super Bowl betting sites have plenty of appealing offers that can be used for NFL bets.
- How Old Do You Have to Be to Bet on Sports in CA?
AYou must be at least 18 to gamble online from California and at least 21 if you decide to visit a brick-and-mortar sportsbook in another state such as Nevada or Oregon.
- Can I Bet on Super Bowl 55 from My Phone in California?
AYes, all of the leading California sportsbooks online have apps for betting on the Super Bowl with real money.
- What’s the Best Way to Bet on the Super Bowl in California?
AYour best option is to use one of the legit sites I recommend for California gambling online. MyBookie is my top choice for betting on the Super Bowl.
Ready to Bet Money on the 2021 Super Bowl in California?
Do you feel ready to start betting on Super Bowl 2021 from California?
If the answer is yes, I have one final recommendation for you.
We have a Super Bowl 2021 betting guide that includes useful information on all steps along the way, the available betting markets, and more tips that can help you with your real money betting online.
Check it out, and don’t hesitate to ask any questions you might still have in the comments below.