Eurovision Song Contest Betting Guide
If you bet on TV shows like American Idol, The Voice, The X Factor, and America’s Got Talent, then you might be interested in betting on Eurovision, too.
Our Eurovision Song Contest betting guide explains everything you need to know. This includes the types of bets you can make, tips for making profitable bets, and where to find the best Eurovision betting sites.
|Rank||VA Gambling Site||Exclusive Bonus||Get Started|
|125% Up To $2,500||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|50% Up To $1,000||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|50% Up To $250||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|50% Up To $1,000||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|50% Up To $1,000||Visit Site||Visit Site|
You should have “bet on Eurovision” on your to-do list. It’s a huge event. Even countries that don’t participate in the contest (US, Canada, China, etc.) broadcast it every year.
Here’s how the contest works. Every country submits an original song to perform on live TV and radio. Each country votes for the other countries’ songs. The country that earns the most points wins.
Their contest structure creates a lot of betting opportunities, including who will win, come in second, earn the most points, and so on. But only if you join the best sites for betting on Eurovision online.
You’ll learn about your betting options in the next section. Then, we’ll share a few tips based on Eurovision trends and stats you can use to make more educated, profitable bets.
We’ll wrap things up with an explanation for how to find the best Eurovision Song Contest betting sites so that you can stay safe while wagering online.
How to Bet on Eurovision Online
Betting on Eurovision online is easy. If you already have a betting account, you can skip ahead to learn a few tips.
For everyone else, this section is a quick start guide to making your first real money Eurovision wager online.
The goal is to take you from zero to 60 fast. So, we’re not going to cover each step in too much detail.
With that said, here are the steps you need to take.
1. Choose a Eurovision Betting Site
The easiest way to find a Eurovision betting site is to join one of the sites we endorse. We already reviewed each site so you wouldn’t have to.
If you decide to find a betting site on your own, the following attributes are the bare minimum a site should have before you create your account.
- A positive reputation
- Eurovision betting markets
Like we said, the bare minimum. But this will ensure you stay safe while you bet online and that you don’t waste your time joining an online bookmaker or sportsbook that doesn’t cover Eurovision.
We explain our process later in this guide. Maybe read that first before choosing a site. You might decide it makes more sense to join one of the top Eurovision betting sites we endorse instead of finding one on your own.
2. Create an Account
The next step is to create an account. Find and click the “join now” link and give the betting site the following details.
- Phone number
- Physical address
Betting sites need this information to confirm that it’s legal for you to use their site, and so that they know where to send your winnings (if you request a check).
3. Do You Want to Claim a Deposit Bonus?
The most common deposit bonus is a match offer. The site matches a percentage of your deposit. For example, claim a 100% deposit bonus and the betting site will give you $1 for every $1 you deposit.
This sounds great, right? What’s there to decide?
Every bonus has terms and conditions you need to meet before you can withdraw your winnings. Claim an offer and you’re bound to these terms, so you want to make sure you’re okay with them first.
If you decide you don’t want a bonus, then there’s usually a box you can check off to waive it. Or you can reach out to the betting site’s customer support.
If you don’t do either of these things, then the betting site won’t give you the bonus (which means you miss out) or they’ll automatically give it to you, binding you to their terms and conditions.
That’s why you want to decide whether you want a bonus before you make your deposit. Otherwise, the betting will make the decision for you.
4. Make a Deposit
The next step is to make a deposit. Most betting sites accept Visa, Mastercard, and American Express credit and debit cards, as well as e-wallets like PayPal, Skrill, and Neteller. Many sites accept Bitcoin, too.
Every betting site has different deposit limits, fees, and processing timeframes. You’ll want to compare each one to figure out which method is best for you to use.
Once you decide, head to the cashier, choose the banking method you want to use, and follow the directions. Your funds should hit your account within minutes.
5. Place Your Bets
Now, it’s time to bet on Eurovision.
Every Eurovision betting site is different in terms of the types of bets you can make. But you can find all of these options with accounts at the right betting sites.
- Outrights – Bet on the winner of each stage or for the whole competition.
- Future – Bet on who you think will win several weeks or months out.
- Props – Bet on random outcomes like how long a performance will last or what a performer will wear.
- Live – Make a bet during the performance. The best Eurovision betting sites allow you to make live bets during the semi-finals and finals.
As far as Eurovision betting markets, some will stay the same each year, while others (like prop bets) will change. Here are some examples of wagers and markets from previous contests.
- Which country will win Eurovision?
- Which countries will finish in the top 10?
- Which countries will finish in the top 5?
- Which countries will finish in the top 4?
- Which countries will finish in the top 3?
- Which country will win the semi-finals?
- Which country will come in last?
- Will (country) come in last?
- Will (country) position be odd or even?
The closer the competition, the more betting options you can expect to find, especially if you have more than one online betting account.
That’s why we recommend you join two or three of the leading Eurovision betting sites minimum, to ensure you have plenty of betting opportunities to choose from. This also ensures you’re getting the best odds.
Once you find the bets you want to make, add them to your betting slip. Then, enter how much you want to risk. If everything looks good, press submit. Your bets are now live.
Eurovision Betting Tips (Based on a Few Trends)
Making your first Eurovision bet is pretty easy. Making money from it, though? Not so much.
What we want to do now is share a few tips, based on data and trends, that you can use to make your bets. They won’t guarantee you’ll make profitable bets, but you can at least start in the right direction.
- Defending Eurovision champs never win.
- Nordic and Baltic countries tend to do well.
- Songs sung in English do better than songs sung in a country’s native tongue.
- Performances at the end of the show do better. Seven of the eight winners (during 2004 through 2012) performed towards the end of the night.
- Ireland has the most wins (7x), including four wins in a five-year span (1992, 1993, 1994, 1996).
- The highest scoring winner is Salvador Sobral (Portugal) with 758 points.
- Recent winners (Austria, Ukraine, Portugal) had odds higher than 50:1 weeks before the contest. Don’t hesitate to make a futures or longshot bet if you spot a strong contender early on.
- The most wins by a performer is held by Ireland singer Johnny Logan aka Mister Eurovision (two wins as a performer and one as a songwriter).
- The UK has the record for the most second-place finishes (15x).
- The UK has chosen the winner more than any other country in the last 20 years. They gave max points to the winner 11 times. Italy, Latvia, Iceland, and Slovenia have chosen the winner 42 to 50% of the time.
- Sweden has received the most points of any country (as of 2016) with 4,128.
It’s also important to know that some countries are blocked from voting for specific countries. Eurovision made this rule after it became clear that many countries will vote for each other for political, geographical, or cultural reasons.
That includes the following countries.
- UK and Ireland
- Netherlands and Belgium
- Spain, Portugal, and Andorra
- Turkey and Azerbaijan
- Cyprus and Greece
- Georgia and Lithuania
- Romania and Moldova
- Nordic states
- Baltic states
- Balkan countries
- Former Warsaw Pact countries
These tips and trends should help you out, but don’t make the mistake of forgetting the basics.
- Look for value. Most bookmakers lack experience in entertainment markets, so there’s a good chance you can find bets with some value.
- Compare odds. Betting sites usually have discrepancies in the odds they’re offering. Make sure to compare betting sites to find the best lines so you risk as little or make as much as you possibly can.
- Do your research. Watch the rehearsals. Listen to podcasts from ESC Insight and Europhoria. Or watch YouTuber wiwibloggs, who does Eurovision-related interviews, song reviews, and more.
There are no guarantees that you’ll make money from betting on Eurovision online. But we hope these tips at least increase your chances of making a profit from your wagers.
About the Best Eurovision Betting Sites
You’ll notice that we endorse only a handful of betting sites. These are the best Eurovision betting sites you can join this year.
Each site has the following attributes in common.
- A gambling license from a reputable gaming commission
- Several banking options you can use with reasonable limits, fees, and processing timeframes
- Quick withdrawals
- Promotions such as deposit bonuses, rebates, and free bets
- Mobile betting platform
- They post Eurovision odds early
- Several Eurovision markets for you to bet on (including props)
- Relatively high betting limits compared to other entertainment betting sites
These sites outscored the remaining 200+ sites that we’ve published reviews for on our website. So, while we rank them from best to worst, even the worst sites are worth your time and money.
Our review and ranking process takes us several hours to complete. And we come back every couple of months to ensure our reviews and endorsements are updated.
We take our jobs seriously. It’s important to us that you find the best sites for betting on Eurovision. That’s why we only endorse betting sites that we’d bet (and do bet) at ourselves. And that’s how you know that you can trust our recommendations.
Should You Bet on Eurovision?
We encourage you to consider betting on Eurovision if you’re a fan of singing or talent show competitions.
What’s great about on Eurovision is that it’s a long-running show. You can count on it to air every single year without fail.
This means you can count on betting sites to post lines for you to bet on every single year without fail.
You can make these bets from home, in your sweatpants, while you watch Eurovision or listen to interviews and performance analysis for research. What’s better than that?
But, remember, this all starts with choosing a quality betting site. Otherwise, you won’t have a good time betting on Eurovision.
The easiest way to find a quality Eurovision betting site is to join one of the sites we recommend. Do that now so that you’re ready for the next Eurovision Song Contest competition.
You won’t regret it.
Eurovision Betting FAQ
How do you predict the winner of Eurovision?
There’s no surefire strategy you can use to predict the winner of Eurovision.
The trends we gave you above along with research is as good as it gets.
Who has won Eurovision the most?
Ireland has won Eurovision the most (7x). Sweden has won six times.
And Luxembourg, France, and the UK are tied for third place with five wins each.
Is it legal to bet on Eurovision?
That depends on the gambling laws in your area.
If you can bet on sports online, you can almost certainly bet on Eurovision online.
Can I have more than one online betting account?
Yes, so long as it’s with a different betting site.
We recommend you have as many of the top Eurovision betting sites as your bankroll can handle, so that you have the largest selection of Eurovision markets to choose from.