Pretty much all legit sports gambling sites have a live betting section nowadays.
Best Sites for Live Sports Betting
Live betting is one of the best features available in online sports gambling. It’s fun and opens the door to some unique opportunities for making money.
If you’re looking for sportsbooks that offer in-play wagering online, the best live betting sites deliver a great experience.
|Rank||VA Betting Site||Exclusive Bonus||Get Started|
|50% Up To $250||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|125% Up To $2,500||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|50% Up To $1,000||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|50% Up To $1,000||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|50% Up To $1,000||Visit Site||Visit Site|
The live sports betting apps and sites we recommend cover a wide range of sports and leagues. Their odds are higher than the competition and they are easy to use.
We share more details how we determine the top live betting sites later on. This guide also includes information on the biggest challenges of in-play wagers and some strategy tips for live betting.
Contents of Our Guide to Live Betting Sites
About the Best Live Betting Sites
Our top-rated online bookmakers with live betting are better than the competition in many areas. Joining them improves your chances to make money from in-play wagers.
We make sure to keep our list fresh and our rankings can change based on a number of factors. Any live betting websites that don’t maintain their standards are replaced with better options.
Here’s a quick overview of our recommended sites for live betting on sports.
|Betting Site||Welcome Bonus||US Players||Crypto||More|
|BetUS||100% up to $2,500||Yes||Yes||BetUS Review|
|MyBookie||50% up to $1,000||Yes||Yes||MyBookie Review|
|Betway||100% up to $50||No||No||Betway Review|
|Bovada||50% up to $250||Yes||Yes||Bovada Review|
|TonyBet||100% up to £/€ 50||No||Yes||TonyBetReview|
|Bodog||100% up to $200||No||Yes||Bodog Review|
|BetOnline||50% up to $1,000||Yes||Yes||BetOnline Review|
And here’s what we love the most about each of these top sites and apps for live sports betting online.
- BetUS – The top in-play betting site for fast payments.
- MyBookie – Excellent for live betting on US sports.
- Betway – Staggering variety of events for in-game betting.
- Bovada – High limits for online live sports betting.
- TonyBet – Live streaming feature for plenty of events.
- Bodog – Live betting site with excellent variety of live prop bets.
- BetOnline – The best live betting sportsbook with crypto.
All of our recommended bookmakers also have live sports betting apps that work on various popular phones and tablets, including iPhone, iPad, and Android.
If mobile live betting is what you’re looking for, the next section can help you find the best options.
Top Apps for Live Betting
Sports betting live and mobile gambling go hand in hand. The top real-time sports betting apps allow you to place your wagers at any given moment.
You can go out, watch the events, and bet on them without any hassle. Check out the following legit apps for live betting on sports.
BetUS – Great Bonuses for Live Betting and Fast Payouts
- Sports for Live Betting: Football, basketball, soccer, tennis, baseball, 10+ more
- Live Streaming: No
- Notable Promos: Reload bonuses, contests
- Payments: Credit cards, cryptocurrencies, cash transfers
Every new customer at BetUS can start off with a large welcome bonus of up to $2,500 and then there’s more extra cash for every deposit.
You can use pretty much every available promotion for live betting online on your phone or tablet. Technically, BetUS offers a responsive site instead of an app, but the quality is still great and the site runs smoothly on iOS, Android, and Windows Phone.
All major US leagues are available for live betting, as well as NCAA games, top European soccer, tennis, and so much more. The schedule is busy and the odds are high, so picking BetUS is an excellent idea.
The sportsbook has other advantages such as fast payouts and exciting contests for all major competitions.
MyBookie – Live Betting with Crypto and Top Bonuses
- Sports for Live Betting: Football, basketball, soccer, tennis, baseball, 10+ more
- Live Streaming: No
- Notable Promos: Reload bonuses, crypto rewards, contests
- Payments: Credit cards, money transfer, crypto
If you want gambling apps with live sports betting that support crypto, MyBookie is one of the best places for you. The online bookmaker works on all major devices including iPhone, iPad, Android, and Windows Phone.
Just open the sportsbook and go to the live betting section to see what’s available. MyBookie covers a large number of events daily, including both popular sports and obscure competitions.
You can use various cryptocurrencies to fund your account and take advantage of the app’s crypto rewards program. MyBookie is perfect for people who like Bitcoin, Ethereum, or other digital coins.
Betway – Live Streaming and Cash Out
- Sports for Live Betting: Football, basketball, soccer, tennis, baseball, 30+ more
- Live Streaming: Yes
- Notable Promos: Free bet club
- Payments: Credit cards, e-wallets, prepaid cards, 5+ more
Betway made sure to cover all possible devices by developing native live betting apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android. On top of that, the sportsbook’s website is responsive and works on all popular phones and tablets, so you have plenty of options.
The best part is that Betway offers cool side features like cash out and live streaming. The latter allows you to watch soccer, tennis, basketball, and a bunch of other sports on the move.
The variety of live betting sports at your disposal beats almost anyone else on the market and there’s a free bet club as well as other exclusive promos for the big leagues.
Why the Best Live Betting Sites Are So Good
We reviewed hundreds of websites to find the very best in-play betting sites and it was a long process. Pretty much every sportsbook on the internet offers in-play wagers nowadays, so the choice is almost endless.
Joining a random site is not likely to bring you the same experience as one of our top-rated options for in-game sports betting. Here’s what makes our recommended live sports betting sites so much better than the competition.
Live Betting Ranking Factors
Let’s begin with their live betting services and why they stand out.
Here are the main criteria we used to determine which sites for in-play betting on sports have the most favorable conditions.
- Sports and Leagues – The top sportsbooks with live betting offer a large variety of competitions and events from all kinds of areas.
- Live Betting Odds – If you want to bet on live sports online and make money, you should look for the highest odds and that’s what our top picks deliver.
- Unique Markets – The best real-time sports betting sites offer markets that are not available before the events start, so that leads to many unique opportunities for winning money.
- Ease of Use – Live betting platforms should be easy to navigate so you can quickly get used to the interface.
- Extra Promos – Some of the best sites for live betting have exclusive promotions that can bring even more extra value.
The factors above show us that a sportsbook pays special attention to live betting, but they aren’t enough by themselves.
We also expect to see other things related to more general areas, as you can see in the next section.
Essential Ranking Factors for All Sports Gambling Sites
Even if a bookmaker has an exceptional feature for live online sports betting for real money, that might not be enough if the following areas are not also up to a high standard.
- Security – We only trust sports betting sites that take good care of the money and personal information of the customers.
- Bonuses and Promotions– There should be plenty of ways to earn extra money through bonuses and promotions.
- Fast Withdrawals – We expect every payout to be processed promptly.
- Customer Support Service – If you have any questions, the staff of the top sites and apps for in-play betting will be there to answer them.
Covering the criteria above helps us find sportsbooks for live betting that offer an enjoyable and safe experience.
Live Online Sports Betting for Beginners
Some of you may have no experience with live betting for real cash. You shouldn’t worry if that’s the case, but it’s good idea to understand the main advantages and challenges before you invest real money.
Let’s start with the main perks that attract so many people to live wagering.
Advantages of Live Betting Online
There are many reasons to engage in live betting, most of which are related to the opportunity to win money in ways that are not available otherwise.
Here are the main benefits of in-game sports betting.
- More Mistakes by the Bookies – The sports betting sites have all the time in the world to prepare for the games beforehand, but they have to make decisions instantly once the event starts and that leads to more mistakes in their odds.
- Unique Markets – You can place wagers on various unique markets when you bet on live games online. Next team to score a touchdown, race to 20 points in basketball, and so many others.
- Extra Promos – You get access to more promos that can boost your returns.
- Wagers Are Settled Quickly – The average turnaround time of any live bet online is shorter than the wagers you place before the event started. You won’t have to wait before you know if your bet was successful.
- It’s Fun – Live betting adds another level of excitement when you’re watching sports.
The best online live betting sites even have side features like streaming or cash out, push notifications for mobile, and plenty of other stuff that improve the experience even further.
However, there are some challenges you should know about before you bet live online.
Risks of Live Betting with Real Money
The following challenges must be considered, especially from beginners to live betting on sports.
- Overreliance on the Eye Test – One of the best things about live betting is that you can watch the event and capitalize on your impressions. A lot of people tend to forget to check the stats, though. The raw numbers might showcase trends that you would otherwise miss, so don’t ignore them.
- Annoying Delays – Even the best live betting sites online have a delay when you try to place a wager. The odds are constantly moving, too, so you will often miss good opportunities and that can be really annoying.
- Things Can Get Wild Fast – The fast pace of live betting makes it dangerous for people that can’t control their emotions. There’s a serious risk of losing a lot fast if you’re not careful. Be sure to stay disciplined.
- Ignoring Preparation – Some people think that live betting means that you don’t have to prepare beforehand – you can just watch the event and make money. In reality, doing your homework is crucial and a necessary part of your strategy.
- Rogue Live Sports Betting Sites – Unfortunately, certain live online betting sites might be involved in shady business practices related to payments and promotions. You can avoid them by picking one of our trusted apps and sites for live sports betting.
You should be careful with the traps of live betting or you might lose a lot of money.
Discipline is the most important factor here. If you think you can’t handle the emotions, you should stay away.
Best Sports for Live Betting
The top-rated live sports betting websites cover a ton of different sports and leagues. Some are better than others when it comes to in-play wagers for various reasons.
Here are our recommended sports for live betting and why we like them so much.
- Football – The average football game in the NFL is over 2 hours long and includes a bunch of twists. That means plenty of exciting opportunities and there’s wide coverage in terms of stats, highlights, and other useful resources.
- Soccer – The low-scoring nature of soccer leads to many interesting moments and, with the right timing, you can benefit from them. On top of that, the sport is covered extensively by all sites and apps for live sports betting.
- Tennis – We love tennis because of the countless points and games played. There are so many ups and downs there that some people even rely on hedging their wagers to make money.
- Basketball – Basketball is another sport that features multiple lead changes and loads of scoring. The NBA and the best European leagues are available at most live online sports betting sites, so you will have more than enough opportunities to profit.
Naturally, there are plenty of other cool sports for live betting like cricket, horses, ice hockey, and even boxing or MMA.
It’s important to stick to the ones where you have some sort of expertise, but we explain more about that later.
Types of Live Bets
The variety of markets offered by the leading live sports gambling sites is exceptional.
Wagers can be split into two groups. The first one includes traditional options that are available before the game too, such as the following.
- Moneyline/Full-Time Result/Match Result – The name might change depending on the live betting app you’re using, but the concept remains the same. This one allows you to pick the outright winner of the event.
- Spread/Handicap – The betting sites offer a market in which one of the teams starts with a handicap and you can place a bet for or against the opponent covering it.
- Totals/Over-Under – Another common market that is focused on the number of points/goals scored in the event.
These are only the most popular options, there are many more and plenty of specials for specific sports.
There’s also another group of markets that are unique for live betting. Here are examples for the most popular sports.
|Football||Next Team to Score a Touchdown|
|Tennis||Winner of the Next Game|
|Basketball||Race to 50 points|
|Soccer||A Player to Get Booked Next|
|Boxing||To Win the Next Round|
That’s only one example per sport, but there are usually 5+ markets that the online live betting sites offer exclusively for in-play. If you watch the events and follow the stats, they can be very profitable.
The next section features specific tips and strategies that can help you make money from in-play gambling on sports.
Tips and Strategies for Live Betting Online
Your strategy for live betting could vary greatly depending on the sports, leagues, and markets you decide to target.
There are still some fundamental live betting tips that can help you find the most suitable options and make money. Let’s take a look at them.
Stick to Familiar Sports and Leagues
It’s close to impossible to become an expert in a specific sport or even a league quickly. It usually takes years to get a good grip of any competition.
On the bright side, most of our readers already have an interest in certain sports before looking for in-play sports betting sites. You should always start with the events you know well and try to not get too distracted by others.
Sure, there might be tons of live betting opportunities available, but trying too hard and in too many places will likely have the opposite effect.
If you have been watching the NBA your entire life, you should focus on US basketball. There’s nothing wrong with exploring new territories, of course, but your main edge in live betting comes from the ability to “sense” what’s going to happen while watching. That’s very difficult without years of experience.
Prepare Before the Start of the Event
We already touched on this one when we were discussing the dangers, but it’s time for more practical advice.
You should always prepare before the start of the event by following all standard steps you would normally go through for pregame betting, such as the examples below.
- Run the Numbers
- Follow the Team News
- Check the Weather Reports
- Look at H2H Stats
- Analyze Every Team/Player
The complete approach depends on the sports you’re targeting, but your goal should be to analyze the different scenarios for the upcoming event.
Once you have a decent evaluation to work with, it becomes much easier to spot trends and make money.
Watch the Event
You would be shocked by the number of people who place live wagers without watching the events. They check the score real quick or just follow someone else’s opinion via sites for live commentary.
That’s a bad idea because you’re technically giving up on the eye test which is one of your best tools to recognize profitable opportunities.
Some of our trusted in-play sports betting apps have live streaming services and the biggest leagues are often available on TV or online. Make sure to watch them or, if you can’t, simply don’t place any wagers.
Follow the Stats
The combination of your subjective impressions and objective statistics is probably the best way to determine what is going on.
Sometimes it’s possible to miss a trend that the advanced metrics can easily highlight, so make sure to check the numbers before placing your live bets.
The top live gambling sites have updates for the events they cover and you can usually find plenty of other pages for live scores and other metrics.
Don’t Bet After Huge Changes
One of the biggest mistakes most people make is to ignore major moments in sports. A goal in soccer, a touchdown in football, or something similar in any other game could turn the whole situation upside-down.
Momentum is a factor, so if you were going to bet on something and a big change happened, you should probably wait for a second to see how it impacts the event. Here are some examples of such big moments for the most popular sports.
|Football||Touchdown; End of a Quarter; Timeout|
|Basketball||End of a Quarter; Ejection; Foul-outs|
|Soccer||Goal; Red Card; Penalty|
|Tennis||Set Ending; Breaks; Injuries|
When events like these happen, be patient and regroup before betting.
With all of our general tips for live betting covered, we have a useful post for you. One of the betting experts on our team has highlighted several specific strategies that can help you win money.
Live Betting FAQ
- Which Sites Have Live Betting?
- What Sports Are the Best for Live Betting?
We recommend popular sports and leagues because the live bet sites offer higher odds and more promotions for them. The likes of football, basketball, soccer, and tennis are usually great. It’s also important that you know the sport well if you’re about to risk real cash, so consider that too.
- Can You Win Money from Live Betting on Sports Online?
It’s hard to beat the sportsbooks for betting live, but it’s not impossible. Some of the people who place in-play wagers win money in the long run.
- Are There Live Betting Bonuses Available?
Most of the regular promotions of the best in-play betting apps and sites are available for live wagers, too. They often have exclusive bonuses on top of them.
- Why Is There a Delay for Live Bets?
The live betting bookmakers are constantly moving the odds and there also might be something happening, like a change in the score. That’s why live wagers usually require confirmation and there’s a delay of several seconds.
- How Are Odds Calculated in Live Betting?
The sites for live betting rely on a trader and various software tools to move the odds and lines up and down. Part of the process is automatic, based on advanced metrics and time passed. Others are manual, based on the trader’s decisions.