Yes, if you pick our trusted cycling betting sites or another reliable sportsbook. Your money and personal information will be protected.
Guide to Betting on Cycling Online
Compared to the most popular sports, not many people bet on cycling with real money. That’s a shame, as the sport offers some excellent betting opportunities around big competitions like the Tour de France, La Vuelta, and the Giro d’Italia. There are lots of smaller cycling races to bet on, too.
We explain how to identify the best opportunities and win money in this guide. Before we get there, let’s take a look at the best cycling betting sites online in 2022.
|Rank||Betting Site||Exclusive Bonus||Get Started|
|60% Up To $1,000||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|50% Up To $250||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|125% Up To $2,500||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|100% Up To $500||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|100% Up To $1,000||Visit Site||Visit Site|
Our top-rated cycling betting apps and sites offer excellent odds for all major races, interesting promotions, and other advantages.
We share details on what you can expect from them below, along with information about betting on the biggest races in cycling, an overview of the different cycling bets, and more. The goal is to help you learn how to bet on cycling and make money.
Contents of Our Cycling Betting Guide
Where to Bet on Cycling Online
We have a team of experienced online gambling specialists that spend a lot of time looking for the best sports betting sites for cycling.
They are looking for online sportsbooks and real money apps that are reliable but also rewarding to their customers. Other factors we value are the variety of banking methods, the payout speed, the bike races covered, the user interface, and the customer support service.
The top-rated cycling betting sites you see on this page all excel in these areas. We also make sure to monitor them regularly and adjust our rankings accordingly. Our list always stays fresh.
Here’s what our top sites and apps for cycling betting with money have to offer.
BetUS – Best Cycling Betting Site
- Launched: 1996
- Welcome Bonus: 100% up to $2,500
- US Customers: Yes
- Banking Methods: Cards, Crypto, Cash Transfers
We have little doubt that BetUS is the best option when it comes to betting on cycling online. The sportsbook covers all major bicycle races and you can find a decent number of markets.
The cycling betting odds are higher than most of the competition and you can use all regular promotions to bet on cycling. BetUS offers a welcome bonus that is worth up to $2,500, and there are many other opportunities to earn extra cash.
Americans are more than welcome and the bookie has some of the fastest payments in the industry. If you pick Bitcoin or another cryptocurrency, your payouts will often reach your wallet on the same day.
MyBookie – Top-Rated Cycling Betting App
- Launched: 2014
- Welcome Bonus: 50% up to $1,000
- US Customers: Yes
- Banking Methods: Cards, Crypto, Money Transfers
If you are looking for the best apps for betting on cycling with money, you should start with MyBookie. The sportsbook’s mobile-responsive site works on all popular devices, including iPhone, iPad, Android, and Windows Phone.
You can enjoy Tour de France odds, other grand tours, and less popular races. The prices are great and there are enough bonuses for you to boost your returns right from the start.
MyBookie is especially good if you like cryptocurrencies. The betting site works with Bitcoin, Ethereum, and a few more options. The payments are fast and there’s a Crypto Rewards Club for even more benefits.
More Trusted Cycling Sportsbooks Online
If you want more safe cycling gambling sites and apps, we have several excellent options that are almost on the same level as our top choices.
Here are some details about the best of them.
Picking any of these sites is an excellent idea and we recommend that use more than one sportsbook for betting on cycling races online. This will bring you higher odds and more special offers.
Now that you know where to bet on cycling with real cash, let’s check the basics everyone should learn before risking any money.
How to Bet on Cycling
If you have never placed real money wagers on cycling, getting started can be daunting. The good news is that online cycling betting is easy and you can quickly learn the process.
We advice you to use online sports betting sites because this is the most convenient option and the returns are typically higher. It only takes a minute or so to complete your registration and making a deposit is fast, too.
Once you’re ready to go, just open the cycling section of your chosen betting app or site and explore the options. Let’s look at the wagers that will be available to you.
Cycling Betting Markets
Many of the best cycling bets at your disposal will be open before the race has started. Here are the most common among them.
- Race Winner – Simply back a rider to finish first in the general standings.
- Stage Winner – Certain races, like the grand tours of cycling, have multiple stages and you can bet on the winner of each of them.
- Top Finish – You can bet money on a rider to finish in the top 3, top 5, or even top 10 of the general classification.
- Mountain King – If you’re betting on La Vuelta, the Tour de France, or the Giro, you can back a rider to win the Mountain King standings or any of the other additional classifications.
- Matchups – The best cycling betting websites split the riders into pairs and you can bet on which one will perform better. The market is available for both the general standings and for individual stages.
- Specials – There are often special cycling odds for big races. For example, on the number of contestants that will finish the competition and other props.
The list above covers the most popular markets for gambling on cycling online, but it’s not exclusive. The top online sportsbooks often try new options, so keep your eyes open.
You should also consider the opportunity to place your wagers while the race is running which leads us to the next point.
Live Cycling Betting
Most races and even individual stages are long. They can continue for hours and the best bookies for cycling offer live odds while they are running. If you are planning to watch the competition anyway, that’s certainly a good opportunity to make money from cycling betting online.
The live betting markets at your disposal usually include race/stage winner, top finish, and the occasional specials.
Here are examples of unique live betting markets for cycling.
- Checkpoints – There are certain checkpoints and you could bet on which cyclist reaches them first.
- Winning Margin – You can place a wager on the margin between the winner and the rest of the pack.
- Winning Time – Another interesting market is the over/under option for the time of the winner.
There are other markets, too, and we have a section dedicated to live betting on cycling later on. So stay tuned for tips and tricks that can improve your chances to win money!
In the meantime, we have some cycling gambling advice that applies to all types of betting on the sport and can be very useful for beginners.
Basic Tips for Cycling Betting
Here’s your starter pack for betting on cycling with real money. The tips below are simple, but you will likely struggle to find success if you don’t follow them.
- Bet Online – The overall value you get when betting on cycling online is much higher compared to brick-and-mortar sportsbooks, even if we ignore the time and energy you save.
- Evaluate the Odds Instead of Guessing – Most people simply back the cyclists that they expect to win and ignore the odds. That’s the wrong approach as you should always be considering value when betting.
- Stay Selective – If you can assess the betting odds for cycling and find good wagers, make sure you’re selective. Placing lots of bets usually turns out badly.
- Use Bonuses and Promotions – All online betting sites for cycling have bonuses and promotions, so be sure to explore the terms and get as much extra value as possible.
- Use Reasoning Over Bias – If you watch cycling, chances are you might have favorite cyclists and teams. Don’t let your personal bias dictate your betting decisions.
If you want more information on the tips above and even more essential sports betting advice, the following pages deliver.
Outdoor vs. Indoor Cycling
Most people think of races such as the Tour de France when they hear pro cycling, but there are a ton of different competitions in the sport. It’s close to impossible to describe all of the formats, so we won’t dive into too many details here.
We will mention one characteristic that makes a huge difference, and that’s whether the event is outdoors or indoors.
The conditions are very different. Indoor races take place in velodromes that are simply tracks with a fixed length. There’s no wind or rain, the track is flat, and the cyclists usually can focus solely on achieving top speed.
On the other hand, the fast pace and the desire to break the limits often lead to dangerous crashes, especially in formats that include simultaneous start.
Outside of that, indoor bicycle races are mostly about being in peak physical condition. The most talented riders who are in the best shape usually win.
That’s not always the case with outdoor races. The changing conditions, the weather, and the longer distances require more complex qualities. Cyclists have to be fast, no doubt about that, but the terrain changes, the tempo varies greatly, and they have to be very careful with how they use their energy.
Betting on indoor cycle races is almost solely about identifying the best riders, while betting on outdoor competitions requires an in-depth analysis of the bigger picture. With that in mind, let’s move on to our main strategy advice for gambling on cycling with real money.
Strategy for Betting on Cycling
Pro cycling races come in all shapes and sizes, so finding a system that works for all of them is close to impossible.
However, we have several cycling betting tips that can serve as the core of your strategy because they are applicable in pretty much all situations.
Analyze the Race Characteristics
With so many variations available, you should always start by analyzing the main characteristics of the race. That can help you understand what attributes are required to win.
Here are the main factors you have to consider.
- Indoors or Outdoors – Always check if a bike race is going to take place on the road or a special track at a velodrome.
- One or Multiple Days – The grand tours of cycling continue for over 20 days, while some races take only one to finish. The difference in the profile of the potential winner is huge and multi-stage competitions offer way more betting opportunities.
- Terrain – Is the race mostly on a flat surface, favoring sprinters, or are there big climbs? Or does it include a little bit of everything?
- Prize Pool – The higher the prize pool, the stronger the competition will be, and the top cyclists will be motivated to perform close to their best.
After you finish your initial evaluation, you should have a clear idea of what to expect from a race and what kind of rider would feel at home there. It’s time to move on to the next step.
Study the Calendar
The cycling calendar features many events and you can’t really ignore the important ones. The top riders always prepare for bigger competitions such as the Tour de France, the Olympics, and similar.
They use some of the events shortly before the top races to hit top form and experiment a bit. That’s why the best contestants in a competition might not be the most motivated to win.
You should always think of the major goals of the leading athlete for the season and how the current race fits them. If it’s a big one, they should be close to their top form. If it’s a smaller one, they might use it to build fitness rather than aiming to win.
Identify the Favorites
Another step of your preparation should be to identify the favorites. We already touched on the mental side of things and the terrain, but there are other factors to consider.
One of the most obvious places to start is to check the cycling odds for the race. The top bookmakers online usually know what they are doing, so their own evaluation will give you a decent idea of what to expect.
They naturally favor the best cyclists who have strengths compatible with the terrain. However, the preparation and the mental side of things are not always considered. If you think about them when working on your cycling predictions, you can find some edges.
We also advise you to check the historical data from a race. Certain athletes have favorite competitions, and that can make a difference.
The previous results from competitions of a similar profile earlier in the season and from the previous year can also help, so always check them before you gamble on cycling with real money.
Evaluate the Teams
It’s vital to understand that individual talent is not enough in professional cycling. Every rider is backed by a team, and the resources at his disposal directly impact the results.
You should always evaluate the organizations behind the racers to find out if they have enough help to compete at the highest levels. Here are the main benefits that are secured by the best teams for their top riders.
- Committed Teammates – The main rider of each organization has teammates that perform various tasks during the race, from shielding him from other contestants to breaking the wind resistance.
- Quick Maintenance – Mechanical issues often happen in cycling, especially in long competitions such as grand tours. The top teams have a mobile unit ready to react immediately if that’s the case.
- Strategists, Nutritionists, Conditional Experts – Every strong organization employs a group of people that take care of various aspects of the preparations.
- Excellent Conditions to Prepare – The top cycling teams have access to exceptional facilities that can help their riders hit top form when it matters the most.
Your strategy for cycling betting won’t be complete if you don’t pay enough attention to the overall team strength.
Tips for Live Cycling Betting
All the best cycling apps and betting sites offer live wagers for the biggest competitions on the calendar. You can watch the races and try your luck while they are running.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone who knows the sport well. We have prepared a list of tips on betting on cycling live that can help you find the best wagers.
Essential Tips for Live Betting on Cycling
Let’s begin with some general tips for live betting on cycling that apply to pretty much every race.
They are fairly simple, but you would be surprised by how many people ignore them and then wonder why they are losing money.
- Prepare Before the Start – You should always prepare for a race before it has started. Analyze the main contenders, the terrain, and everything else that’s relevant. This will help you understand what to expect and act accordingly.
- Watch the Race – Don’t place live bets on cycling if you’re not watching the race. Following live updates is not enough.
- Watch the Weather Forecasts – If the race is long and will continue for hours, you should know what weather is expected. Heavy rain or strong winds could change the situation very quickly.
- Keep Your Emotions Under Control – Live betting can be annoying at times and there are so many twists and turns that you might be tempted to place reckless bets. Make sure to stick to the ones that make sense and try to keep a cool head.
With the basic stuff covered, let’s dig a bit deeper.
Analyze the Key Parts of the Stage/Race
Every single outdoor race or stage of a race includes key moments that determine the winner. Often, that’s a steep summit followed by a speedy downhill, but there are other scenarios too.
You should always identify the key segment and make sure to adjust your wagers. For example, if the crucial part of the race is a steep climb and a strong climber is just behind the leaders, it would be a good moment to back him before he reaches the summit.
At the same time, betting on sprinters that are leading the way when a climb is coming is probably not the best idea.
Determine the Overall Goals When Betting on Stages
There is a huge difference between betting on one-off races and betting on stages from longer competitions such as grand tours.
The cyclists and teams have long-term goals when it comes to the latter and you simply can’t ignore that. Here are some factors to consider if that’s the case.
- General Classification – Is the rider fighting for the general standings? If he is, he might be focused on performing well while preserving some energy. Outright victory in the particular stage is not that important.
- Other Classifications – If the cyclist is fighting for the Mountain King prize or another award, he is expected to push in the stages that bring the most points for the classification in question.
- No Clear Goals – Any rider that is not in a good position in the general and side classifications usually tries to identify a few stages that fit his style best and go for the win in those.
The main point here is to consider the big picture when betting on cycling race live. The long-term goals affect the behavior of each cyclist.
Look at the Team Behavior
All teams have a main rider, and his performance is prioritized in the long run. But that doesn’t mean he’s ALWAYS the one being pushed. The organization might have other goals in certain stages of grand tours, for example.
If there’s a good sprinter that’s fighting for a side classification, he might be the main man for the stage in question. You could spot that early on from the behavior of the team.
You should always know which contestants are being backed by their teams and when. These finer details really matter when betting on cycling live.
Identify the Cyclist’s Strategy
Apart from sprints where the riders simply go as fast as possible from start to finish, every race includes a strategic element. Distributing energy in the best way possible is the key to success.
There are different ways to approach the races and it’s good to try and find out what the main contenders are doing early on. Here are some examples of different tactics.
- Pushing Early – Most cyclists start slowly and we’ve seen others try to take advantage of that by building a large lead after pushing hard early on. That’s a risky move, though, because they might drop out big time if they run out of gas.
- Pushing Late – Another common tactic is to stay with the main group and launch a strong attack in the late stages of the race. The problem with this one is that other riders might get too far ahead.
- Pushing in Key Moments – Probably the most popular strategy is to select a few key moments based on the terrain and push there, keeping a rather consistent tempo outside of them.
It must be mentioned that the predetermined strategy for the race/stage might change depending on the conditions and the performance of the competition. It’s crucial that you keep your eyes open for such moves when betting on cycling live.
For example, a rider who was taking it slowly might be forced to improve the tempo if a rival launches an attack. We’ve seen that sort of thing happen a ton of times.
Betting on Cycling Grand Tours
There are only three grand tours in cycling, and they represent the ultimate challenge. The Tour de France, the Giro d’Italia, and the Vuelta a Espana are longer and tougher than any other cycle race on the World Tour.
They also open the door to the most (and best) gambling opportunities. The best sites for betting on cycling cover them extensively and each race includes over 20 days of action.
Here’s what you need to know about the grand tours of cycling.
- Established: 1909
- Month: May-June
- Location: Italy
- Main Classifications: General, Mountains, Points, Young Rider
The Giro d’Italia is the first grand tour of cycling every season, usually taking place in May and June. The main route goes through Italy, but we’ve often seen stages that pass through other countries, too.
This race includes more than 20 stages on all sorts of terrain. It’s the mountain sections that usually decides the outcome of the competition, though. The steep summits and the fast downhills are where the winner shines.
Naturally, there’s a lot more than the general classifications at the Giro. The race includes time trials, mountains and points classifications, as well as other rankings. You can usually bet on them all and we have a guide to betting the Giro d’Italia that goes into more depth.
Tour de France
- Established: 1903
- Month: July
- Location: France
- Main Classifications: General, Mountains, Points, Young Rider
The Tour de France is the most prestigious competition in the sport of cycling and one of the most difficult ones. It usually includes 21 stages over a period of 23 days that cover flat terrain, hills, steep summits, and dangerous downhills.
Winning the Tour is the ultimate prize in cycling and it takes complete dedication, loads of talent, and a strong team. A large number of the contestants in the Tour de France don’t even make it to the final every year.
If you are planning to bet on the Tour de France, we have a guide that delivers plenty of useful tips and stats about the race.
Vuelta a Espana
- Established: 1935
- Month: August-September
- Location: Spain
- Main Classifications: General, King of the Mountains, Points, Young Rider
The Vuelta a Espana or simply La Vuelta is the last grand tour of cycling on the calendar and another ultimate test of physical and mental strength.
It’s a long competition that is held in August and September, with the toughest stages taking place in the heart of the Pyrenees.
The race includes 20+ stages every year and a number of different classifications which is great from a betting perspective. Check out our guide to La Vuelta betting to improve your chances to win cash.
More Big Cycling Races to Bet On
The grand tours of cycling are certainly the most attractive events for betting on cycling online, but the calendar is full of other races that you can bet on.
Here are the most important of them.
- UCI Road World Championships – A lot of people love betting on the UCI World Championships and that’s only natural. It’s a one-day race that closes the season and it’s always full of action and twists.
- The Tour of Britain – This race includes multiple stages which opens the door to a bunch of Tour of Britain betting opportunities in September.
- UAE Tour – The opening race on the UCI World Tour calendar takes place in February and usually includes 7-8 stages.
- Classic Brugge–De Panne – This Belgian race is a one-day event that is held in late March.
- Tour de Suisse – Another UCI World Tour event that is just before the Tour de France and includes multiple stages.
- Olympics – Cycling is part of the Summer Olympics and there are plenty of disciplines, both indoors and outdoors.
All of the races above, the Olympics aside, and the grand tours are part of the UCI World Tour schedule that includes over 30 events every year.
Building a strategy that helps you recognize the best cycling betting picks can bring excellent results in the long run with so many chances to gamble at your disposal.
Cycling Betting FAQ
- Is It Safe to Bet on Cycling Online with Real Cash?
- Can I Win Money Betting on Cycling?
Absolutely. Most people lose money from betting on cycling, though. If you want to be successful, you have to invest a lot of time to prepare properly for every wager.
- Is It Legal to Bet Real Money on Cycling Online?
That depends on when you live and the status of online gambling there. It’s legal in most places, but there are exceptions. Our section on gambling laws can help you learn more.
- What Is the Best Site for Mobile Cycling Betting?
There are plenty of mobile cycling betting sites and native apps that are compatible with mainstream devices such as iPhone, iPad, Android, and Windows Phone. All of our top-rated cycling sportsbooks cash work on the mobile devices in one way or another.
- What’s the Best Strategy for Betting on Cycling?
There is no universal strategy for betting on cycling because the race conditions vary greatly. The gambling tips in our guide can give you a head start to winning money, though
- Can I Bet on Cycling Live?
Yes, the best cycling betting sites online offer live odds for many big races, including the Tour de France, La Vuelta, and the Giro d’Italia.
- What Cycling Races Can You Bet On?
All the grand tour races (Tour de France, Giro, La Vuelta) are covered by most betting sites, as well as the UCI Road World Championship, the Olympics, and other UCI World Tour events.