Expert Guide to Betting on The Hundred
Are you ready to bet on The Hundred!?
Although cricket’s newest format hasn’t been around for long, The Hundred betting opportunities are already stacking up – and that is exactly why we created this guide.
Whether you’re wondering how to bet money on The Hundred online, or you’re simply in search of tips for betting on The Hundred, this page covers everything you need to know about gambling on cricket’s coolest tournament.
The Hundred Betting Guide Table of Contents
- Where to Bet on The Hundred – The best Hundred betting sites and apps.
- What Is The Hundred Cricket Format? – Exploring the tournament’s format.
- How to Bet on The Hundred – Learn all the options for betting on The Hundred.
- Betting on The Hundred Futures – Advice for the top Hundred futures markets.
- Betting on The Hundred Matches – Tips for betting on individual games.
- Other Cricket Betting Resources – More handy information and advice for cricket gambling.
Where to Bet on The Hundred
Before you bet money on The Hundred, you need to make sure that you’re putting your cash into safe hands.
Luckily for you, our team of experts has gone above and beyond to find the best sites to bet on The Hundred.
When it comes to talking about tasty odds, market versatility, and first-rate customer service, the bookmakers above won’t be beaten. Our recommendations have made it through rigorous tests to ensure they make the grade.
All of the best Hundred betting sites offer the following.
- Safety and Security – Above all else, our trusted sportsbooks for betting on The Hundred are 100% safe and secure.
- Competitive Odds – Naturally, the leading Hundred betting sites offer the best odds for The Hundred.
- Bonuses and Promotions – If you love getting a good deal, you’ll be pleased to know that all our recommendations boast attractive promotions and tasty bonuses.
- Vast Payment Options – Whether you prefer to use credit cards or cryptocurrencies, the top sites for betting on The Hundred accept plenty of payment options.
- Range of Markets – We guarantee that our recommendations have a huge selection of The Hundred betting markets.
- The Hundred Apps – If you’re looking for the best apps for betting The Hundred online, look no further than our trusted Hundred betting apps.
- Customer Service – Good customer service is important, right? That’s why our top-rated Hundred gambling sites offer unrivalled customer service.
What Is The Hundred Cricket Format?
Essentially, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) designed The Hundred to make cricket more exciting and to reach a new audience.
As the name suggests, each innings in The Hundred is made up of 100 balls. With matches lasting around two and a half hours, the ECB hopes that the quirky new format will generate a fresh interest in the sport.
The Hundred Tournament Structure
In total, eight teams participate in The Hundred. There are 32 matches in the initial league stage, with each side playing four home games and four away games, as well as a bonus match against their nearest rival.
When the league stage is complete, the top three teams compete in the playoffs to decide the overall winner of the tournament.
The side that finished top of the league is entered straight into the final, while the second and third-place teams battle it out in the semi-final for a place in the showpiece.
Before we go any further, let’s take a quick look at all eight teams in The Hundred.
The Hundred Teams
You can find information about The Hundred’s teams and players below.
- Birmingham Phoenix – Captained by Moeen Ali, the Birmingham franchise boasts big-name players such as Chris Woakes, Kane Williamson, and Adam Zampa.
- London Spirit – Overseas stars like Glenn Maxwell and Mohammad Amir represent the Spirt, along with captain Eoin Morgan. The team is coached by Aussie legend Shane Warne.
- Manchester Originals – Nicholas Pooran, Shadab Khan, Kagisbo Rabada, and Jos Buttler are just some of the household names on Manchester’s books.
- Northern Superchargers – Captained by big-hitter Aaron Finch, the Superchargers have the likes of Ben Stokes and Chris Lynn in their ranks.
- Oval Invincibles – The Curran brother headline the Invincibles’ squad, which also features Jason Roy, Colin Ingram, Sunil Narine, Sam Billings, and Rory Burns.
- Southern Brave – Coached by Sri Lankan icon Mahela Jayawardena, the Brave’s stacked roster includes Andre Russell, Jofra Archer, Marcus Stoinis, and David Warner.
- Trent Rockets – Homegrown stars such as Joe Root, Alex Hales, and Dawid Malan are joined by overseas imports like Rashid Khan, Nathan Coulter-Nile, and D’Arcy Short.
- Welsh Fire – The Welsh franchise is coached by Gary Kirsten and boasts popular names such as Jonny Bairstow, Ollie Pope, Kieron Pollard, and Jhye Richardson.
For an in-depth look at every team in The Hundred, check out our guide to The Hundred 2021 season.
The Hundred vs. T20 Cricket – What’s the Difference?
There are tons of new rules and regulations to get your head around.
To make things a little easier to understand, we have produced a table that compares The Hundred with Twenty20 (T20) cricket.
|THE HUNDRED VS. T20 CRICKET|
|Each innings is made up 100 balls||A T20 innings comprises 120 balls|
|The fielding team changes ends after ten balls||Each over is made up six balls|
|Bowlers deliver either five or ten consecutive balls||Bowlers deliver six balls to complete the over|
|Each bowler gets a maximum of 20 balls per game||A T20 bowler has a maximum of 24 deliveries per game (four overs)|
|Powerplay restrictions are active during the first 25 balls of the innings||The first six overs of a T20 innings are the mandatory powerplay|
|Matches last around 2hrs 30mins||Games usually take roughly three hours|
As you can see, The Hundred is completely different to any other cricket format.
On top of a host of other changes, the new tournament has scrapped the idea of the conventional over and has replaced it with five or ten-ball bowling spells.
There are also different bowling rules, powerplay lengths, and fielding restrictions to get used to.
How to Bet on The Hundred
If you want to bet on The Hundred and win money, there are some fundamental steps that you need to follow.
Before we get into the more advanced Hundred betting tips, make sure you cover the basic steps below.
- Decide Where to Bet
- Understand the Format and Its Nuances
- Research the Teams and Players
- Learn Your Betting Options
- Plan Your Betting Strategies
Let’s take a closer look at each of these steps.
Decide Where to Bet on The Hundred
Of course, you could place The Hundred bets with any old sportsbook. But we suggest laying down your Hundred picks with only the best sites for betting on The Hundred online.
The Hundred betting sites and apps that we recommend are the safest options out there, and they also offer stacks of The Hundred bonuses and promotions.
Familiarize Yourself with the Format
To maximize your chances of nailing your Hundred predictions, it is imperative that you fully understand the format of the tournament.
The better understanding you have of the format, the more likely you are to take advantage of The Hundred bookies.
We have already covered the basics above. But if you want to do your own research and enhance your Hundred betting strategy, there is a lot more information on the official website for The Hundred.
Study the Players and Teams
If you don’t know anything about the teams and players, you could simply look at The Hundred odds and base your predictions on what the online sports betting sites think. However, studying the teams and players can give you a huge advantage when it comes to betting on The Hundred for money.
There is no shortage of information on the internet, meaning you can study countless stats and numbers on pretty much any player from any team.
The Hundred may be new, but most of the players are well known. Learning about the players is only going to improve your chances of winning cash while betting on The Hundred games.
Research Your Betting Opportunities
There are plenty of different ways to bet on The Hundred. It is important to understand all the options and how they work.
We cover all the basic types of wagers in our cricket betting guide, so feel free to explore that. We also focus on more specific betting tips for The Hundred on this page, so keep reading!
Prepare Your Betting Strategies
Don’t just place random bets; do your research and bet on The Hundred based on what you have discovered.
Ultimately, planning your betting strategies combines all the points above. Choose your sportsbook for betting on The Hundred, understand the format, study the squads, and assess The Hundred betting opportunities.
If you get all these details right, gambling on The Hundred will become a whole lot easier.
Betting on The Hundred Futures
We tell you exactly how to bet on The Hundred matches a little later. But for now, let’s take a look at betting on The Hundred futures.
All the best cricket betting sites offer a wide range of The Hundred prop bets. Below, we cover the most popular futures markets and explain how you can use them to bet on The Hundred and win cash.
- Betting on The Hundred Winner – This is arguably the most popular futures market. All you must do is back a team to win the tournament.
- Top Run-Scorer Betting – This Hundred prop enables you to bet on which player will score the most overall runs in the competition.
- Betting on the Top Wicket-Taker – You can also bet on which player you think will claim the most wickets during the tournament.
- Player of the Tournament – Sometimes referred to as the ‘MVP’ award, you can bet on which player will be named Player of the Tournament.
We cover The Hundred props and futures in more detail below.
How to Bet on The Hundred Winner
The Hundred is a brand-new format, meaning we have little past data to analyze. Still, that does not mean that betting on The Hundred tournament winner is impossible.
You can gauge how a team will fare by assessing each squad before the competition gets underway. If you can find strengths and weaknesses among the rosters, you should be able to predict which teams might struggle in the league stage and which teams could qualify for the playoffs.
Betting on The Hundred Top Run-Scorer
When it comes to betting on the top run-scorer, we recommend researching other white-ball tournaments and finding out which players excel in different franchise leagues around the world.
Nowadays, the best white-ball players travel across the globe playing in various competitions. This gives us plenty of opportunities to watch players and study their attributes.
You can also find out which players enjoy playing at certain grounds. For example, Jason Roy represents Surrey at county level and has played a lot of cricket at The Oval. He is likely to thrive for the Invincibles on home soil, so he could easily find himself near the top of run-scoring charts.
Top Wicket-Taker Betting for The Hundred
Certain bowlers enjoy operating on British pitches more than others, so make sure you know which players suit the conditions before betting on the top wicket-taker in The Hundred.
Pitches in England tend to be green and bouncy, favoring pace bowlers.
Just like the top run-scorer, you can look at other tournaments’ bowling statistics, too. Many players participating in The Hundred also play in other well-known competitions like the Indian Premier League and the Big Bash.
Picking the Player of the Tournament
Some players stand out more than others; it’s as simple as that. While a lot of players go under the radar, the top stars invariably find ways to stand out from the crowd.
When it comes to picking the Player of the Tournament for The Hundred, we recommend studying the squads and finding the standout star in each side.
The table below shows the recent IPL MVPs. As you can see, there are plenty of big-name stars here.
|RECENT INDIAN PREMIER LEAGUE MVP WINNERS|
Interestingly, only one of the last seven IPL MVPs – Virat Kohli – doesn’t play for a team in The Hundred.
Maxwell, Russell, Stokes, Narine, and Archer all play Hundred cricket, and they have already proved they have what it takes to win individual awards.
Betting on The Hundred Matches
The Hundred prop bets are always fun, but betting on The Hundred games is by far the most popular option among cricket gamblers. Let’s explore all the main options to bet on The Hundred games.
- Match Winner – There is nothing fancy about this market. Simply back the team that you think will win the match.
- Top Run-Scorer – Not only can you bet on the top run-scorer in the tournament, but you can also wager on the leading run-getter in any given Hundred match.
- Top Wicket-Taker – You can bet on which player you think will claim the most wickets in a game.
- Number of Boundaries – Bet on which team will hit the most boundaries (fours and sixes) in a match. You can wager on the total number of boundaries in a game, too.
- Total Runs Scored – This market enables you to bet on the total number of runs scored in a game by selecting over or under a specified amount.
- Highest Opening Partnership – You can predict which opening batting pair will score the most runs before the partnership is broken.
That is all the main Hundred betting markets covered. It’s now time to discuss some more factors relating to betting on The Hundred games in detail.
Betting on the Number of Boundaries
Unlike Test cricket, the aim of The Hundred is to score as many runs as possible, as quickly as possible! That means there will nearly always be tons of fours as sixes hit in pretty much every match.
If you’re betting on The Hundred and want to try your luck at predicting the number of boundaries in a game, make sure you consider the following criteria.
- Research the Batsmen – Some players are known for scoring more boundaries than others. If you can identify the big hitters, you will stand a better chance of landing your Hundred picks.
- Look at the Bowlers – If a particular bowler is known for being expensive, the opposing side could hit lots of boundaries. On the flip side, economic bowlers don’t give away many runs, so they concede fewer boundaries.
- Study the Venues – All cricket pitches are slightly different in size, with some being far smaller than others. Naturally, smaller grounds are likely to see a higher volume of boundaries, as there is less distance for the ball to travel.
In terms of betting on the total match boundaries, The Hundred bookmakers will usually allow you to choose within a certain range. For example, 20-25 boundaries or 25-30 boundaries.
You can also sometimes find over/under options.
Tips for Betting on Women’s Hundred Matches
The Hundred has a tournament for both men and women, and there some differences between the competitions that are worth considering when it comes to placing your Hundred wagers.
First, you should be aware that women’s matches generally produce less runs than men’s games. So, if you’re betting on a market like total runs, remember to adjust your Hundred predictions accordingly.
It is also worth pointing out that the size of the boundary in women’s cricket is smaller. Consequently, if you’re wagering on the number of boundaries in a game, you should take the size of the pitch into consideration.
|BOUNDARY SIZES FOR MEN’S AND WOMEN’S CRICKET|
|Gender||Legal Boundary Size|
The Hundred Live Betting Advice
If you plan to bet on The Hundred live, we highly recommend following our live Hundred betting tips. Adhere to the advice below, and you will stand yourself in good stead for winning your in-play cricket bets.
- Preparation is Key – Before you partake in The Hundred live betting, make sure you prepare for the match. Study the teams, players, and venues to gather as much information as possible before the first ball is bowled.
- Watch Every Match – To maximize your chances of landing your live Hundred bets, watch the games and pick exactly the right moments to part ways with your cash.
- Analyze the Live Stats – There are countless online betting apps that allows us to stay right up to date with all the action. While you’re watching the match, we recommend following the live stats, too.
- Prepare for Weather Changes – The weather – especially rain – can have a big say on the outcome of any cricket game. For that reason, you should always check the forecast if you’re going to bet on the Hundred live.
- Don’t Get Carried Away – It is easy to lose focus when it comes to in-play betting, so don’t let your emotions get the better of you. If you’re winning – great! But if your bets keep failing, consider taking a break.
Other Cricket Betting Resources
Having read our guide to betting on The Hundred, you should now understand exactly how Hundred betting works. Hopefully, our Hundred betting tips will help you to win money at the same time as enjoying cricket’s newest format.
If you found this page useful, why not check out our cricket blog? Our team of experts is always adding new posts to the site, covering all things cricket across the globe.
We also provide regular betting picks for a wide range of cricket tournaments. So, if you like wagering on individual matches, our cricket picks section definitely has something for you.
Additionally, we recommend heading over to the following sites for further cricket betting info. Whether you’re looking for in-depth stats or more cricket tips, the sites below should have what you’re after.
- ESPNcricinfo – You will struggle to find more comprehensive site for cricket statistics. Covering every format of the game, ESPNcricinfo is the place to go for cricket stats.
- Cricbuzz – Keeping you up to date with all the latest player and team news, Cricbuzz is an excellent source of cricketing knowledge.
We also have tournament-specific betting guides for other cricket competitions. If you enjoyed our Hundred betting guide, feel free to look at some of our other pages.