Best Online Poker Sites for Kansas
Are you a poker player who lives in Kansas? Then, you have it pretty good. You’ll have plenty of options for both live and online poker action.
We prefer playing poker online because the best Kansas poker sites have far more cash games, tournaments, and promotions than you’ll ever find offline.
|Rank||Poker Site||Exclusive Bonus||Get Started|
|100% Up To $1,000||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|100% Up To $500||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|100% Up To $1,000||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|100% Up To $1,000||Visit Site||Visit Site|
Despite our preference for online poker, we encourage you to play poker however you like. In fact, we talk about your live poker options in Kansas in this guide.
We also talk about your options for playing real money poker online in KS. You’ll learn about the games you can play and the promotions you can claim, as well as a few reasons why we like playing online so much.
As for the rest of our guide, we help you find the best real money poker sites in Kansas and answer a few of the most common questions we get about playing poker in this state.
About the Top Kansas Poker Sites
There are many sites that serve online poker players in Kansas. But the truth is that they’re not all worth joining for a variety of reasons ranging from subpar games to rogue behavior.
We point this out because many people try to find a poker site on their own. But since they don’t know how to tell the good sites from the bad, they sometimes end up at a site they wish they hadn’t joined.
That’s why recommend sites on pages like this one. The ones we’ve chosen are quite comfortably the best Kansas poker sites online right now.
- Each site has a gambling license issued by a reputable gaming authority.
- Every poker site has a positive reputation in the online poker community.
- The sites we recommend have fair terms and conditions.
- We only recommend sites that accept US-friendly banking methods such as Bitcoin, credit and debit cards, bank wires, and money transfers.
- The online poker rooms we recommend have banking limits that accommodate a wide range of budgets. Their fees are reasonable, too.
- Each site has safe and secure software and plenty of useful features.
- Our recommendations offer a large variety of games, variants, and stakes.
- Each one runs a robust guaranteed tournament schedule with a large selection of daily tournaments and a Sunday “majors” schedule.
- The sites we recommend offer 24/7/365 poker action.
- Each site runs a variety of promotions such as deposit bonuses, cashback, and VIP programs.
- Every site has a mobile friendly poker room compatible with all the major devices and platforms.
- The sites we recommend run fair games.
- Every site pays players quickly, especially if you use banking methods like Bitcoin.
- The sites we recommend all have a lot of traffic so you can always find games to play, even during off-peak hours.
We have a lot of experience with online poker. Many of our team members are poker players. And we all have years of experience reviewing and testing online poker sites. We know what players care about.
What’s more is that we never accept money for reviews and rankings. Our reviews are bias-free. And we update our reviews and rankings often.
What’s our point? You can trust our recommendations because we’re poker players ourselves and because our reviews and rankings are not paid for.
Not every website like ours can say the same thing either.
Ultimately, you can try to find an online poker room on your own or using someone else’s recommendation. But that’s a much bigger risk than you need to take. And poker is all about taking smart risks.
The smart risk here is to join one of the sites we recommend from our list of the top Kansas poker sites. You’ll join an awesome and safe site chock full of fun games and profitable promotions.
And isn’t that what you want from your online poker site?
Playing Poker Online in KS
We love online poker for reasons we’ll share in a second. But before we get to that, what we want to do is give you an overview of what you can expect as far as games and promotions go online.
One of the challenges you face with playing live poker is that a cardroom might only offer a couple of games, like Texas Hold’em and Omaha. If you want to play other games, you might have to travel to another casino in the state to play it.
This isn’t an issue online. Poker rooms offer a much larger variety of poker games and variants. And even if you do have to play at a different room, it’ll only take you seconds to log in.
This gives you access to a much larger variety of games regardless of where in KS you live. With that in mind, here is a preview of the poker games, variants, and stakes you can play online.
The standard cash games you can play online are Texas Hold’em and Omaha. Many rooms spread Seven-Card Stud, too. A little rarer but possible to find are games like Razz, Badugi, and H.O.R.S.E.
You’ll find more variants online than offline. For example, you can play heads-up (two-player) cash games, six-max, and full ring. And you can play in cash games with caps, straddles, and short and deep stacks.
As for stakes, you can find cash games as low as $0.01/$0.02 or $0.02/$0.05 to as high as $5/$10 or $10/$20. If you’re a high stakes cash player, your challenge isn’t finding tables with the limits you want to play, but enough action for the games to actually run.
The most common poker games you can play in a tournament format are Texas Hold’em and Omaha. Don’t hold your breath. Most online poker rooms don’t offer other games in a tournament format.
That’s sort of a bummer. But on the bright side, there are tons of tournament variants you can play online. Here are the most common ones.
- Hyper turbo blinds
- Turbo blinds
- Fast fold
- Bounties (knockouts)
- Deep stacks
Guaranteed tournaments are the most popular tournament poker variant (though, most tournaments use a combination of variants).
The top KS poker sites all run dozens of daily guaranteed tournaments. And they guarantee hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of dollars in tournament prize money every week.
What’s great about the tournaments at the sites we recommend is they accommodate a wide range of stakes. You can play in tournaments for as little as $1 to $2 to as much as $100 to $500, sometimes more.
Live poker doesn’t, which is one of the reasons why we prefer to play online. Between the stakes and volume and variety of games, online poker is tough to beat.
And we haven’t even talked about bonuses and promotions yet.
Bonuses and Promotions
The promotions you can claim is another reason to play poker online. Here are a few of the most common promotions online poker sites offer and how they work.
- Deposit bonus
- The poker site matches a percentage of your deposit. For example, claim a 100% bonus up to $500 and the poker site will give you $1 for every $1 you deposit (capped at $500).
- Play real money poker games and earn points you can later exchange for cash.
- VIP program
- The points you earn will determine your status in the VIP program. The higher your status, the better the rewards you’ll unlock. Some of the perks you can earn include bonuses, free withdrawals, and freeroll tournament tickets.
- Send friends to the poker site. If they create an account, make a deposit, and play real money games, the poker room will give you a bonus.
- The poker room will issue a challenge. You’ll earn points each time you complete it. Your goal is to complete it to earn as many points as possible, which will determine your place on the leaderboard. The top players on the leaderboard will earn a prize (usually money).
We like the promotions you can earn online because they’re pure profit for breakeven and profitable players. And it’s not too difficult to become a breakeven player.
These aren’t the only promotions you can earn online either. Many poker rooms run unique promotions, which is reason enough to join as many poker sites as your bankroll will allow.
Other Benefits to Playing Poker Online
The last two sections gave you an overview of the poker games you can play online and the promotions you can claim. These two reasons are all you need to justify spending most of your time online.
But those aren’t the only benefits you’ll experience. Here are a few more.
- 24/7 action
- Many live cardrooms have fixed hours. They’re not open 24-hours per day. But every online poker room we recommend is.
- Play more than one cash game or tournament at a time. This is a great way to combat boredom, gain experience faster and increase your hourly earnings.
- Software features
- Every poker room’s software has features that will help you play poker better, reduce mistakes, and prevent better players from targeting you.
- Anonymous tables
- Anonymous tables use numbers to identify players instead of names. This prevents players from targeting you or gaining an unfair advantage by using third-party software.
- You can play from home. No one has to know you’re playing poker.
- You don’t have to leave your house, which saves you time and money. You can put all that time and money into playing more poker instead.
- The money you’d spend for one live tournament or cash game buy-in could bankroll you to play online. Put another way, $50 to $200 goes a lot further when you can play for $1 per MTT or $0.01/$0.02 per hand.
- You can play poker on the road. All you need is internet access and a smartphone or tablet.
We can keep going but you get the idea. Online poker is convenient, budget friendly, mobile, anonymous, and so much more.
Even if you love playing live poker, we recommend you give online poker a shot. There’s a good chance you won’t look back.
Live Poker in Kansas
There are a handful of casinos that hold live poker in Kansas. The following sections go over the games and promotions you can expect to find, as well as the benefits you’ll experience playing live.
You’ll find a decent selection of games no matter where you play in Kansas.
For example, the Hollywood Casino in Kansas City spreads Texas Hold’em and Omaha. Or if you play at the Ameristar Casino in Kansas City, you can play those games plus Seven-Card Stud, Razz, and Lowball.
The cash games you can play in Kansas will make a lot of people happy. You can find Texas Hold’em and Omaha games at limits between $1/$2 and $20/$40 at the Hollywood Casino, Kansas Star, and Boot Hill Casino poker rooms.
You’ll find plenty of tournaments, too. The Ameristar Casino runs tournaments with buy-ins ranging from $40 to $175 every day. And the Hollywood Casino runs MTTs every day but Friday and Saturday. Their MTTs will cost you $70 to $240 to play and include variants like deep stacks and bounties.
As we said, there is a decent amount of live poker action in Kansas. And while we’d like to see more rooms offer games other than Hold’em and Omaha, the rooms we checked out say they’re happy to accommodate special requests.
Every casino in Kansas runs a few promotions. For example, the Hollywood Casino runs a bad beat jackpot. And they pay $100 to $300 for their high hand promotion.
The Ameristar runs a high hand promotion too, but it runs only if their bad beat jackpot is over $150,000. Other than that, you can earn food vouchers for every four hours of play at their cash tables.
And last, but not least, is Boot Hill Casino. They run a bad beat jackpot promotion as well as a “big hand bonus” that pays out as much as $1,000.
Overall, the promotions are similar from one casino to the next, but at least they offer something. It gives you something to be excited about and root for while you play.
Benefits of Playing Poker Like
As we’ve mentioned, we’re huge online poker fans. We prefer it over live poker. But there are still many benefits to playing live, most of which you can’t experience online.
- It’s much easier to chat with other poker players in person than it is through a chat box online.
- It’s much harder to discover tells or develop reads online since you can’t see your opponents. When you play live, you can see someone’s face change when they miss the flop, or their hands/voice shake when they make their bets.
- Many poker rooms offer tableside massages.
- Food vouchers
- You can get $10 to $20 to use in one of the casino’s restaurants after you have played for several hours. This can offset the rake you pay.
- Once you’re done playing poker, you can conveniently head into the casino and play other games you enjoy.
- Softer games
- Live games are softer compared to the games online. For example, if you’re used to playing $20 MTTs, and you beat them, then playing a $200 or $500 live MTT should be easy.
These are a few of the many reasons why we enjoy live poker and why you should consider playing it. But it’s still in second place to online poker, our preferred way to play the game.
Kansas Poker FAQ
- Can you play poker for real money online in Kansas?
- AYes, the Kansas poker sites we recommend all offer real money poker.
- Can you play poker for free online?
- AYes, the sites we endorse offer “play money” games that cost nothing to play and pay nothing when you win. These games are a great way to get comfortable with the software, learn the rules, and practice strategy. Many sites run freerolls, too. These cost nothing to enter (though, sometimes there are minimum requirements) and usually have a small real money prize pool.
- What are the best banking methods for Americans?
- AWe prefer cryptocurrency (like Bitcoin or Litecoin) because no one can decline your payment (except for the poker room, which is unlikely). You can deposit and withdrawal large sums in one transaction. The fees are reasonable. And it’s the fastest banking method for American poker players.
- Do I have to download any software?
- AThat depends on the poker site you join. Some sites have software to download and others don’t. And then there are poker sites that offer both. We recommend you read our poker reviews to see what each site offers.
- What is the top poker site in Kansas?
- AWe recommend you join the top site in our list of recommendations, but you can’t go wrong joining any one of them. If there is a specific game, variant, promotion, banking option, etc. that you’re looking for, we suggest reading our poker room reviews to see which poker site is best for you.
Kansas poker players have it pretty good. They don’t have as many live cardrooms that other states have. But the few poker rooms they do have spread a solid selection of cash games and tournaments. They run several fun promotions, too.
The top online poker sites in Kansas don’t disappoint. You’ll find dozens of cash games and guaranteed tournaments running every single day. Their software will help you reduce mistakes and increase your hourly rate. And their promotions are pure profit for decent players.
We encourage you to play poker both live and online. Both offer tons of benefits. But we’d be lying if we said we didn’t prefer to play poker online.
If you’re anything like us, you’ll prefer to play poker online, too. This means you’ll need an account with an online poker site.
We have you covered. Simply join one of the best Kansas poker sites, and you’ll never need an account with anyone else.