Top Online Poker Sites for Florida
You’ll find no shortage of live poker rooms in Florida. There are more than 25 of them that offer various poker cash games and tournaments. You can even play World Poker Tour (WPT) tournaments.
So, it’d be nuts for us to suggest that playing poker online is the only option. It’s not. That said, there are many benefits real money online poker offers that live poker does not. And you can enjoy these perks so long as you join one of the best Florida poker sites.
|Rank||Poker Site||Exclusive Bonus||Get Started|
|100% Up To $1,000||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|100% Up To $500||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|100% Up To $1,000||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|100% Up To $1,000||Visit Site||Visit Site|
We’re going to talk about the perks of using the top poker sites in our guide below. We’ll also discuss the biggest reasons why you should play poker online in Florida.
After that, we’re going to answer the most common questions we’re asked about playing real money poker in Florida. This includes where you can play live dealer poker, the types of MTTs you can play online, and more.
But before we get to any of that, we’re going to take a minute to talk about the best Florida online poker sites we recommend.
Ranking the Best Poker Sites for FL
You expect live poker rooms to be safe and spread a fair game. Why would you expect anything different from your online poker site?
You shouldn’t. You should join only the highest-rated poker sites for Florida.
You can try to find a site on your own, but this can take you weeks and hundreds of dollars, if not more. Wouldn’t you rather find a safe site now without spending a dime?
That’s why you should join one of the FL poker sites we endorse.
We’ve researched and tested dozens of online poker sites, weeding out the weak links.
The remaining sites, the best Florida poker sites, are the ones you see on this page.
Those are just words, though. So, let’s dive a little deeper. The next section will show you what we look for and consider in every online gambling site we review, rate, and endorse.
What We Look For
We won’t recommend a real money gambling site until we fully review them. The first area we start with is their company.
Here are the questions we try to answer during this phase.
- Do they have a gambling license?
- We make sure the site has a current and valid gambling license. And we check to see if they’ve ever had it suspended or revoked and why.
- Do they have a good reputation?
- It’s important that the room has a reputation for treating players fairly and paying them quickly.
- Do they have a variety of US-friendly banking options?
- Our favorite option is Bitcoin, but credit and debit cards, money transfers, and bank wires also work.
- How do they offer customer support?
- We want to see whether they offer live chat, phone, and/or email support. And we test at least one option to see how well their support responds.
This is important. We won’t recommend a poker site (or any type of gambling site) that doesn’t meet our standards during this phase.
Once we’re done here, we move on to their poker room. Here are the questions we ask during this phase.
- Do they have any poker promotions?
- We look for standard offers like a deposit bonus and cashback, as well as unique promos like leaderboards and huge guaranteed tourneys.
- What poker games and variants can you play?
- Poker sites that offer more than just Texas Hold’em or just guaranteed tournaments gets extra credit with us.
- What stakes can you play for?
- We prefer sites that offer microstakes starting at $0.01/$0.02 or $0.02/$.05 per hand and tournament starting at around $1. And we look to see what the highest stakes you can play for is and whether those games see any action.
- How much traffic does the poker site get?
- We want to know how many people, on average, visit the site to play for real money. The more players, the better.
- How is their software?
- We test their games to see if they lag or have any bugs. We want to see if the graphics are easy on the eyes. This is important since you’ll be staring at them for hours.
- What features do they have?
- We look for options like four-color decks, odds calculators, hand histories, and the ability to change how the tables and cards look.
The answers we come up with tell us whether we’ll have a good time playing here or not.
This wraps up our review phase. All the questions and answers we used and found are published to our website so that you can learn the nitty-gritty for all the major real money US poker sites online.
We then take the best of the best and rank them in order, starting with the ones we suggest you join first. The finished product is what you see on this page.
That’s a brief overview of our process. As you can see, we don’t promote just any online poker site for FL. A lot of time, money, and effort goes into our recommendations.
And that’s how you know you can trust our recommendations for the best Florida poker sites.
Five Reasons to Play Poker Online in Florida
Here are five reasons why you should play poker online in Florida.
1You Can Claim a Deposit Bonus
Online poker rooms offer promotions just like land-based cardrooms. You’ll find guaranteed tournaments, leaderboard competitions, bad beat jackpots, cash races, and more.
But there’s one promotion you can only get online — the deposit bonuses.
A deposit bonus is an offer where the site matches a percentage of your deposit. For example, claim a 100% match bonus and the poker room will give you $1 for every $1 you deposit.
A deposit bonus is as close to free money as you’ll ever get if you’re a breakeven or profitable player.
2Play Multiple Tables at the Same Time
Another reason to play online is so that you can multi-table. That’s how you play more than one table or tournament at the same time. Many of our recommended FL poker websites let you play 3-4 cash games and 10-15 MTTs at the same time.
Why is this a good thing? It can help prevent boredom. Good players fold more hands than they play. Playing more than one table gives you more playable hands per hour.
Another reason to multi-table is to increase your hourly rate. Even if your win-rate or ROI takes a slight dip, you’ll still earn more money per hour because of the volume of hands you’re playing.
You also get through variance faster. It’s totally normal to lose 20 MTTs in a row. This might take weeks to accomplish playing live. But you can get through this in a matter of days or a couple of weeks online.
3Choose From a Larger Variety of Games and Variants
Every live poker room in Florida offers Texas Hold’em. Some even offer games like Omaha, Stud, or Pineapple. But that’s it.
The variants are largely the same too. You can play guaranteed MTTs, knockout tourneys, deep stacks, turbo blinds, and that’s about it.
Online poker rooms don’t have to worry about space, so they can offer a larger variety of poker games and variants, even if they’re not popular. This means you’ll find additional games like Five-Card Draw and Razz, as well as variants like heads-up, double or nothings, hyper turbos, and more.
4Choose From a Wider Range of Stakes
This is huge.
If you have ever played live poker, you know how much it can cost. MTTs are usually $50 to $200, not including rebuys or add-ons. Cash games will set you back $200 to $400 for one buy-in (and you should bring two to three buy-ins with you).
Not everyone can afford this. And if you can’t, and you play anyway, you won’t play your best because you’ll play scared poker. You’ll play not to lose rather than play to win.
This is another reason why we recommend you play online poker in Florida. You can find cash games for less than $0.10 per hand. And you can play MTTs for less than $5.
You can start with a bankroll as little as $5 to $20, which is impossible to do live.
5Poker Made Easier Thanks to Software
Another reason why we like online poker so much is the software. It makes playing poker so much easier. There’s less work for you to do.
Here’s how software helps.
- It tells you how much each bet is and how much money is in the pot.
- You can use a four-color deck so that it’s easier to spot flushes and draws.
- You can pick a permanent seat at the table.
- Many poker rooms have a “quick seat” feature so you don’t have to scour the lobby for games.
- Poker software allows you to download your hand histories so that you can study them later.
- You can replay past hands, which is helpful if you’re a forgetful person.
- Good poker software allows you to jot down notes and tag other players.
Overall, online poker is great for so many reasons. Especially when you stick with the top FL poker sites that we recommend. It’s convenient, budget-friendly, offers a variety of action, and so much more.
We can’t think of a good reason why you wouldn’t want to play online.
Florida Online Poker FAQ
Is poker illegal in Florida?
No, you can play poker legally in cardrooms and casinos throughout the state.
There’s also no law that prevents you from playing real money poker online in Florida.
Where can I play poker in Florida?
There are several cardrooms, casinos, racetracks, and racinos that offer poker in Florida. Here are a few examples.
- Big Easy Casino (Hallandale, FL)
- Casino Fort Pierce (Ft. Pierce, FL)
- Daytona Beach Racing and Card Club (Daytona Beach, FL)
- Seminole Hard Rock Hollywood (Ft. Lauderdale, FL)
- TGT Poker at Racebook (Tampa, FL)
- The Casino at Dania Beach (Dania, FL)
There are many more venues, too, and of course you can play online at any of our top-rated FL poker sites.
Does the Hard Rock have a poker room?
Yes, both the Hollywood and Tampa Hard Rock locations offer poker.
Between them, you’ll find more than 90 poker tables where they spread Texas Hold’em, Omaha, and Seven-Card Stud. They also host WPT regional tournaments.
What is the best online poker site for real money?
It depends on the games and stakes you want to play for. It also depends if you’re a recreational player who wants to play on anonymous tables or if you want to play on regular online tables.
Our advice is to sign up at a few of our recommended poker sites for Florida and get a feel for them yourself.
What are anonymous tables?
Anonymous tables use numbers or some other method for identifying players instead of screen names.
Sites that use anonymous tables don’t allow you to use heads-up displays like Poker Tracker, and you’re not allowed to take long terms notes either. Poker rooms do this to prevent stronger players from targeting the weaker ones.
What’s the best banking option for online poker players in FL?
We recommend using Bitcoin for the following reasons.
- Fast payment processing
- Low minimum and high maximum limits
- No fees
- Nearly every real money US poker site accepts it
If you don’t have or don’t want to invest in Bitcoin (or any cryptocurrency), we recommend you use credit and debit cards.
How fast do Florida poker sites pay out?
This depends on the site and the banking option you use.
Most FL poker sites will pay Bitcoin out the same day once they approve the cash-out (which can take a couple days). Bank wires can take five to seven days once approved. Checks can take as long as 15 business days.
Real Money Online Poker in Florida
That wraps up our Florida online poker guide. We answered your most common questions, gave you some excellent reasons why you should play real money poker online, and showed you the best Florida poker sites.
All that’s left for you to do is choose a poker room to join, create your account, and make a deposit. Then, you’ll be ready to play your favorite cash games and MTTs from wherever you are in Florida.