Fire Opal Slot Game Review
If you happen to be a fan of IGT’s Winter Wonderland themed slot Siberian Storm, then its successor Fire Opal is something for you to rant and rave about too.
Based on the very popular land based slot machine of the same name Fire Opal has a lot to offer in its online version. The game operates on the MultiWay Xtra technology and features an incredible720 ways to win.
It means you could form winning combinations from all directions, mainly left to right and right to left. The reels form a hexagon shape which accommodates all the winning variations. Fire Opalfeatures 5 reels and technically 720 paylines.
It is perfect for those who have played its predecessor Siberian Storm and are looking for an upgraded version.
- Launch Year: Unknown
- Slot Type: Video Slot
- Genre: Hawaiian Theme
- Software: IGT
- Reels: 5
- Paylines: 720
- Max and Minimum Coin per line: 1
- Coin Range: 1.00 – 50.00
- Wild Symbol: Yes
- Scatter Symbol: Yes
- Bonus Feature: yES
- Free Spins: Yes
- Multiplier: No
- Autoplay: Yes
- Gamble Game: No
- Progressive: No
- Jackpot: 2000
- RTP: Unknown
Bonus Rounds and Payouts
- Free Spins Bonus Round: A slot game with free spins is one after our own hearts. Fire Opal certainly delivers in this avenue. The Free Spins bonus round is activated when youland five of the Red Opal scatter symbols on any position on the reels. Once activated you will be rewarded with 10 free spins. This feature can then be retriggered by landing five of the BlueOpal scatter symbols during the bonus game. You can keep retriggering it until you get the maximum amount of free spins which is 260 spins.
- Stacked Wilds: Every slot player knows that stacked wilds are something to smile about. They replace and substitute all other symbols except for the scatter symbols, whichmeans you get to create more winning combinations and stand to win higher payouts. In Fire Opal, the stacked wilds appear on reels two, three and four.
- Maximum and Minimum Bets: To place a minimum bet per spin be prepared to part with 0.50 and a maximum bet per spin will cost you 250.00 per spin.
Additional Game Features
- Graphics and Visuals: Visually this is one of IGT’s more dramatic looking slots. The color combination of dark purple clouds and a red glowing reel border is meant to create amystical and magical atmosphere. The interface’s design isn’t anything too unique. The graphics are all 2D and feature less realistic imagery. IGT could have upped their design game just alittle, especially given how popular this game is online and offline. It also features the information tab at the bottom of the screen which shows the player all the key information one needsto have, eg. coin value, the number of coins, auto spin, the spin button and the settings button. Everything is accessible and easy to obtain.
- Mobile Compatibility: Currently Fire Opal is only available on Desktop and PC. It is compatible with Mac and Windows operating systems.
- Symbols: This game consists of three different scatter symbols, mainly the Red Opal symbol, the Blue Opal symbol and the Scatter Logo symbol. The game’s other symbols includethe standard cards J, Q, and K. These happen to be the lowest payout symbols. The higher payout symbols include the fuming Red Volcano, the beautiful Hawaiian girl and some stunning lookingpink and, yellow and blue flowers.
Fire Opal is a simple slot on all accounts, it is however geared towards the veteran slot player who has been playing for some time and is willing to bet higher stakes to win bigger payouts.
This is mainly due to the fact that it requires a consistent gameplay as well as patience to sit through the less active gameplay periods. Fire Opal sometimes goes through dry seasons where thereisn’t much winning activity taking place.
It features a great free spins bonus round as well as stacked symbols. It is definitely a game worth getting your hands on.