Guide to Betting on WWE Backlash
The history of WWE Backlash is complicated and the event has gone through many changes since its launch in 2009.
Its place on the schedule has fluctuated throughout the years and the brands included also changed. Nowadays, the show is right after WrestleMania and all major WWE
There are many exciting WWE Backlash betting options, and we address them in this gambling guide. We provide tips on how to find valuable wagering opportunities and make money.
Before we get there, let’s take a look at the top-rated Backlash betting sites online in 2022.
|Rank||Betting Site||Exclusive Bonus||Get Started|
|50% Up To $250||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|125% Up To $2,500||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|100% Up To $1,000||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|100% Up To $500||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|60% Up To $1,000||Visit Site||Visit Site|
These are the best sites for betting on Backlash with real money thanks to the excellent WWE gambling odds, the rewarding bonuses and promotions, and other advantages that we discuss later.
Here’s a list of all sections, so you can jump straight to the information that interests you the most.
Backlash Betting Guide – Table of Contents
Where to Bet on WWE Backlash Online
Many of you probably wonder where to bet on Backlash and that is a valid question. Finding the best online sportsbooks is important for your chances to win money from the show.
Our team has prepared several suggestions for trusted sites and apps for betting on Backlash based on the following benefits they deliver.
Benefits of Our Recommended Sites and Apps
- Safety of Your Money and Personal Information – We only recommend wrestling betting sites that take good care of your money and personal data.
- High Odds and Good Variety of Markets – The WWE Backlash betting odds at our top-rated sites are higher than what the competition has to offer and you can find more gambling markets.
- Generous Bonuses and Promotions – The best Backlash gambling sites have plenty of promotions and bonuses that can be used for real money WWE betting.
- Reliable and Fast Payments – You can pick between a number of reputable banking methods and the payouts are fast.
- Excellent Mobile Experience – Our trusted WWE Backlash betting sites work on all popular mobile devices like iPhone, iPad, Android, and Windows Phone.
We dig into every important aspect of the experience offered by the Backlash online sportsbooks we recommend. We also make sure that they maintain their standards or we remove them from our list.
Here are some more details about the legit WWE Backlash sports betting sites that stand out the most.
BetUS – Our Favorite WWE Backlash Sportsbook Online
- Established: 1996
- Welcome Bonus: 100% of up to $2,500
- Payment Methods: Credit cards, Crypto, Cash transfers
- US Friendly: Yes
BetUS has been around since the 1990s which is a great testimony to the hard work done by the gambling site to stay relevant and fresh.
You can find plenty of cool promotions that you can use when you bet on WWE Backlash, including a large welcome bonus.
The odds for wrestling matches are among the highest you can find online and the variety of markets is excellent too.
You can add to that BetUS’s strong reputation as a safe online bookmaker, fast payments, and exceptional customer support service.
MyBookie – Best Mobile App for Betting on Backlash
- Established: 2014
- Welcome Bonus: 50% of up to $1,000
- Payment Methods: Credit cards, Crypto, Money transfers
- US Friendly: Yes
We know that many of our readers are looking for the best WWE Backlash betting apps. If you want to place your wagers on the go, MyBookie offers everything you might need.
The mobile sportsbook is compatible with all major devices, including iPhone, iPad, Android, and Windows Phone. You can boost your bankroll instantly by taking advantage of the extra cash that comes with the huge welcome bonus offered by MyBookie.
You can then use the money for betting on Backlash and pick from both traditional gambling markets and exciting props. The odds are excellent in both cases and the payouts are fast.
More Legit WWE Backlash Betting Sites
If you want more options for WWE Backlash gambling online, take a look at the following top-rated apps and betting sites.
All of these online sportsbooks for Backlash betting with real money deliver good opportunities to win cash in a safe and intuitive environment.
At this point, you have more than enough options for where to place your wagers. It’s time to explain how to bet on Backlash and get the best chances of making money.
Essential WWE Backlash Betting Tips
Betting on WWE events is relatively new, at least compared to betting on traditional sports. The bookies were reluctant to offer odds on wrestling for a long time, so many of you may not have much experience.
There aren’t many betting markets available and match winners is the only one that’s consistently on offer. It’s the main focus of this guide.
We have some essential WWE Backlash betting tips that can help you understand the basics. They serve as an excellent starting point for beginners, so make sure to read them carefully if you’re about to place your first wagers on wrestling.
Basic Sports Betting Tips
Wrestling is different from the likes of football or baseball and we’ll address that in a minute. That doesn’t mean you can ignore the main principles of sports gambling, as they apply to WWE too.
Here are the basics you need to follow if you want to be successful with your WWE Backlash bets.
- Do Your Homework – You can’t simply open a sportsbook, place your wagers based on your instincts, and expect to win money. You have to prepare properly by finding relevant information and analyzing it.
- Bet for Value – Another big mistake is to ignore the odds and simply go for the wrestler you expect to win when betting on Backlash matches. Even if your assumption is right, the price might be way too low for a wager to be worth it.
- Don’t Place too Many Bets – It’s highly unlikely that the bookies get the Backlash odds wrong for all or even most matches. You should stick to the wagers that look the best to you and ignore the rest.
- Don’t Risk too Much Money – There’s a strong chance that you lose and you should be prepared for that scenario. Pick a budget that you can afford and don’t go over that amount.
- Ignore Your Bias – Most people who gamble on Backlash follow WWE regularly and have favorites. Make sure that your personal feelings towards the wrestlers are not clouding your judgment or you are likely to lose.
We cover all the betting advice above in more detail on the following page, so feel free to check it out.
General WWE Betting Advice
You now know the basics of sports betting, but wrestling is not exactly like the other sports. You can’t ignore that when you bet on WWE Backlash online.
The following specifics of WWE betting must be taken into account or you will likely fail in your efforts to win some extra cash.
- Matches Are Decided by the Writers – Wrestling is scripted and the outcome of the Backlash matches are decided by the WWE writers. That’s why analyzing the wrestlers from an athletic perspective or comparing their styles is pointless. You should be thinking about the most plausible scenarios of their storyline instead.
- Making Money Is the Driving Factor – WWE is a commercial venture designed to make money for its owners by increasing the number of viewers. That’s always the main factor behind the development of every storyline.
- Betting Limits Are Usually Low – Even the best WWE Backlash betting sites are not exactly thrilled by the fact that the outcomes are known by a small group of people before the event starts, so they set lower limits compared to traditional sports. You can get around that by using multiple online sportsbooks and mobile Backlash betting sites.
- Stipulations Matter – Don’t ignore the rules of the fights you are betting on. The WWE often decides on crazy stipulations for some of the matches and they can give you a hint on what’s going to happen if they are somehow connected to the storyline so far and the wrestlers’ history in general.
- Social Media – The official WWE YouTube Channel can be a source of useful information. the same applies to Twitter and social media as a whole. Make sure you use this information to help shape your predictions.
Everything listed above applies to all WWE events, including Backlash. Be sure to adapt your strategy to the specifics of wrestling or you will likely pay the price. The following page can help you with more advice in that regard.
With all the basics covered, it’s time to dig deeper into what makes this particular show special and how you can use that to your advantage.
WrestleMania’s Impact on Backlash Betting
One of the most important traits of WWE Backlash is that the show is usually right after WrestleMania. There have been various changes throughout the years that saw the event moved up and down the schedule, but it has been the first PPV after The Show of Shows more often than not.
Furthermore, this is what WWE has decided for the immediate future of Backlash. Here’s how to use that in your favor when betting on the matches.
Analyze the WrestleMania Results
The first thing you need to do is analyze all the outcomes at WrestleMania. It’s the most important WWE event of the year and the organization always plans carefully for how to build hype around and what should happen in the aftermath.
Many storylines end during WrestleMania and that might require new stories to develop at Backlash. It’s the perfect spot to set up a new feud for some of the most popular stars and engage the fans for bigger things to come.
This means you should be thinking about how WWE would like to start the storyline in a way that would both generate interest and leave room for the events to grow in the future.
Another potential scenario is for the WWE to continue a popular rivalry at Backlash. A great example of that is the one between Randy Orton and Edge in 2020.
The latter won at WrestleMania 36 and it was a hugely popular feud at the time, so the WWE booked another clash in which the roles were reversed. Having rematches is not an uncommon scenario, as the next section proves.
Explore the Rematches
If we look at Backlash editions that were right after WrestleMania in the past, we will see plenty of matches that took place in both shows.
That’s bound to happen in the future too, so it pays to check the numbers. Here’s a list of all such cases so far.
|Match (Year)||Winner at WrestleMania||Winner at Backlash|
|Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The Rock (1999)||Stone Cold Steve Austin||Stone Cold Steve Austin|
|Mankind vs. Big Show (1999)||Mankind||Mankind|
|Triple H vs. The Rock (2000)||Triple H||The Rock|
|Chris Jericho vs. Chris Benoit (2000)||Both (two matches)||Chris Benoit|
|Chris Benoit vs. Kurt Angle (2001)||Kurt Angle||Chris Benoit|
|Chris Jericho vs. William Regal (2001)||Chris Jericho||William Regal|
|Jazz vs. Trish Stratus (2002)||Jazz||Jazz|
|Jazz vs. Trish Stratus (2003)||Trish Stratus||Jazz|
|Team Angle vs. Los Guerreros (2003)||Team Angle||Team Angle|
|Chris Benoit vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H (2004)||Chris Benoit||Chris Benoit|
|Chris Jericho vs. Christian (2004)||Christian||Chris Jericho|
|Batista vs. Triple H (2005)||Batista||Batista|
|Edge vs. Chris Benoit (2005)||Edge||Edge|
|John Cena vs. Triple H (2006)||John Cena||John Cena|
|Rob Van Dam vs. Shelton Benjamin (2006)||Rob Van Dam||Rob Van Dam|
|Trish Stratus vs. Mickie James (2006)||Mickie James||Trish Stratus|
|John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels (2007)||John Cena||John Cena|
|The Undertaker vs. Batista (2007)||The Undertaker||Batista|
|Chris Benoit vs. Montel Vontavious Porter (2007)||Chris Benoit||Chris Benoit|
|The Undertaker vs. Edge (2008)||The Undertaker||The Undertaker|
|Chavo Guerrero vs Kane (2008)||Kane||Kane|
|Edge vs. John Cena (2009)||John Cena||Edge|
|Matt Hardy vs. Jeff Hardy (2009)||Matt Hardy||Jeff Hardy|
|CM Punk vs. Kane (2009)||CM Punk||Kane|
|Chris Jericho vs. Ricky Steamboat (2009)||Chris Jericho||Chris Jericho|
CLICK TO SEE MORE
We’ve excluded Backlash editions that were not right after WrestleMania and some matches that also included other wrestlers.
An overview of the numbers shows that 13 of the 26 rematches were won by the same person. These are usually the situations in which WWE wanted to end the feud, and that’s something to consider when placing your Backlash wagers.
There were 12 matches that ended with a win for the wrestler who lost at WrestleMania, so that’s also a common occurrence. It usually happens when the organization is looking to continue a storyline.
The rivalry between Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho was ignored because they met twice at WrestleMania 2000, trading wins, before going at it again at Backlash.
The overall point is that WWE is not afraid of both putting an end to WrestleMania duels at Backlash or extending them for future events.
If you manage to predict the organization’s plan correctly, you can make a lot of money.
Follow the Shows Between WrestleMania and Backlash
Another important part of your WWE Backlash strategy should be to closely follow the shows between WrestleMania and Backlash.
Raw and SmackDown’s regular episodes serve as a stepping stone for WWE Backlash and that’s where the organization develops the storylines. You should either watch them or at least make sure you are aware of what’s going on by checking social media and reports on what happened.
That allows you to notice subtle clues on what the WWE wants to do with the wrestlers, which helps you when gambling on Backlash with real money.
Backlash Betting Picks and More WWE Gambling
Some of you probably found this page around the time the next edition is about to take place and simply want fresh WWE Backlash predictions.
If that’s the case, we recommend that you check out our wrestling picks. We cover all major events on the WWE schedule there.
We also have a section of our blog dedicated to the WWE.
It features plenty of posts for popular shows that include odds, analysis, and other useful insight.
- 2022 WrestleMania Backlash Betting Guide – Odds, Predictions, and PicksLooking to get your hands on 2022 WrestleMania Backlash betting odds? You’ve come to the right place,...
- 6 Props Bets to Target Ahead of WrestleMania 2022Wrestlemania 38 is almost here, and soon enough we’ll have a two-day event full of incredible fights...
- WrestleMania 38 Betting Guide with Odds and PredictionsIf you’re betting on WrestleMania 2022, the good news is you can get right on it. The...
- 10 Greatest WWE Heels of All-Time – Randy Orton and MoreWWE has been known for its top heels for decades. They are the ones you enjoy seeing...