Guide to NCAA Lacrosse Betting
There are hundreds of college lacrosse teams in the United States and the sport is more popular than you might think. The battle between the top NCAA teams is exciting and can be even more enjoyable if you place a wager or two.
Our guide to college lacrosse betting will teach you how to do that, and help you win some cash for your efforts. It includes details on all men’s and women’s divisions, the top NCAA lacrosse betting sites, expert gambling tips, and other useful information and advice.
Contents of Our College Lacrosse Betting Guide
Where to Bet on College Lacrosse Online
The best college lacrosse betting sites online deliver excellent value thanks to various factors. Using these sites is essential if you’re serious about gambling on NCAA lacrosse.
Rest assured that the list you see above is always accurate and up to date. Our team is constantly monitoring online sportsbooks to see what they have to offer. If a better bookmaker appears or one of our recommended college lacrosse apps and sites drops the ball, we make the necessary changes to our rankings.
Qualities of the Top College Lacrosse Betting Sites
Here are the main factors we use to determine the top college lacrosse sportsbooks online.
- Customer Safety – If you want to bet money on college lacrosse, you should pick safe online sports gambling sites. That is our top priority.
- NCAA Lacrosse Coverage – We want to see as many games as possible from all NCAA divisions available. Unfortunately, college lacrosse live betting is not an option, but you can place wagers before the fixtures.
- College Lacrosse Odds – If you want to bet on college lacrosse and win money, it helps to find the highest odds available on the internet.
- Promotions – The top-rated college lacrosse gambling sites online offer bonuses and promotions that can be used to bet on NCAA games.
- Quick Withdrawals – We hate bookmakers that accept your money instantly and then take forever to process payouts. You won’t find any of them on our list of trusted college lacrosse betting websites.
- Reliable Customer Support Service – It is important to have quick access to the customer support service in case you have any problems with your account, college lacrosse bets, or anything else.
We thoroughly tested the services of all the best sites to bet on college lacrosse. We are confident they are above the competition in the criteria that really matters.
Are There Apps for Betting on College Lacrosse?
If you are looking for apps to bet on college lacrosse, we have great news for you. All of the top bookies for online NCAA lacrosse betting work on popular devices such as iPhones, iPads, and Android smartphones.
They either have responsive mobile betting sites or native sports gambling apps that you can download and install on your phone or tablet. In both cases, the service you get will include all markets and features that are usually available.
The best college lacrosse betting apps even come with exclusive promotions available on mobile only. If you add the instant access at any given moment, they are well worth your attention.
New to Lacrosse Betting?
Some of you may not have even known that you can bet on college lacrosse for money. If you just found out about it, you should learn some of the basics before you get started with the top online college lacrosse betting sites.
Here are several important facts and tips that you have to understand about gambling on college lacrosse with real cash.
- NCCA Lacrosse Betting Lines and Odds – The college lacrosse betting odds and lines work the same way as for other sports. If you don’t know how odds work, read our page on understanding betting odds for more information.
- Types of Bets Available – Even the best sites for betting on college lacrosse online offer limited betting markets, but you can still find mainstream options like moneylines, spreads, and totals.
- Format – All men’s games are in the field lacrosse format, while the women’s fixtures are played under women’s rules that include limited contact. Many of the top college lacrosse gambling websites offer odds on both.
- No Exclusive College Lacrosse Betting Bonuses – You won’t find any exclusive bonuses and promotions even if you use the top-rated mobile sportsbooks and online bookmakers. On the bright side, their regular offers can be used to bet on college lacrosse for real money.
- Most People Lose Money – The harsh reality is that most people lose money when they bet on college lacrosse games.
Understanding these basics will help you if you want to bet college lacrosse online. We expand on them in our main lacross betting guide.
We also have countless other pages with useful information on sports betting. Some of them are designed for beginners, while others explore more advanced concepts.
A lot of the information can be used to improve your college lacrosse betting strategy. We recommend you read the following if you’re new to betting.
Learning the fundamentals is crucial if you want to be successful in the long run. Don’t hesitate to learn more about topics where you might be lacking the required knowledge.
Naturally, you also need to learn more about college lacrosse online betting, in particular, to make money from NCAA games. The rest of this page can help by focusing entirely on college lacrosse betting tips and strategies, as well as general information about the different divisions.
College Lacrosse Divisions and Conferences
It is important to know how college lacrosse works before you risk your hard-earned money. There are hundreds of teams that are part of the NCAA for both men and women.
They compete for the highest honors each season across the three NCAA lacrosse divisions.
|Division||Number of Teams||Number of Confrences|
|Men’s Division I||71||10|
|Men’s Division II||75||10|
|Men’s Division III||248||30|
|Women’s Division I||117||16|
|Women’s Division II||114||10|
|Women’s Division III||293||30|
So many teams in the United States opens the door to plenty of opportunities to make money.
The bad news is that even the top online sportsbooks and best apps for betting college lacrosse online only cover the Division I games. Most of them are focused on men’s fixtures, but you can find women’s games every now and then, too.
Regular Season and Conference Tournaments
The first stage of every college lacrosse campaign includes a regular season in which all the teams from the same conferences play each other. They are all ranked within both their division and the conference.
The best teams in each conference are determined by their record when the regular season ends. They qualify for the conference tournaments. The number of teams involved depends on how the big conference is.
Once the conference tournaments are over, it’s time for the biggest event; the NCAA Lacrosse Championship.
May is a crucial month for college lacrosse. The final NCAA tournaments of all men’s and women’s divisions take place and the best players from all over the country fight against each other for the ultimate prizes.
Here’s how many teams are involved in the different divisions.
|Division||Number of Teams in the Championship Tournament|
|Men’s Division I||16|
|Men’s Division II||10|
|Men’s Division III||31|
|Women’s Division I||29|
|Women’s Division II||12|
|Women’s Division III||37|
The exact format of the different tournaments varies, but they all include seeding and play under single-elimination rules. The selection process is similar to other college sports
Winners of most conference tournaments receive an automatic spot, while the rest of the spots are filled after a selection committee decides on the best teams.
There are differences between regular season games and clashes from the NCAA Championship Tournaments that you have to account for when preparing your college lacrosse betting predictions.
That’s why we have split our tips into two parts. Each one is dedicated to college lacrosse gambling on a selected part of the season.
Betting on NCAA Lacrosse Regular Season Games
The best online betting sites for college lacrosse cover at least some games from the regular season of the men’s and women’s elite divisions.
Here’s how to prepare for them if you want to bet on college lacrosse with money and find success.
Fundamental Tips for Betting on Regular Season Games
There is a certain set of fundamental tips for betting college lacrosse that applies to pretty much every game. This is where you need to start. They are relevant for both regular season and knockout fixtures.
- Statistical Analysis – The official NCAA site offers an excellent stats section that delivers useful data for all teams involved. You should certainly check the information there before placing your wagers and try to figure out what to expect from each side.
- Form – The long-term trends can help you understand how good a team really is, but the latest form is a good indicator of the recent condition of the squad and you should always analyze it when you gamble on college lacrosse.
- H2H Record – If the same teams met earlier in the season, you should examine how the game went when preparing your college lacrosse predictions.
- Check the Weather – The best NCAA lacrosse betting apps always consider the weather when they prepare their odds and you should do the same. If the conditions are tough, that will surely affect the results.
- Home Advantage – Like in many other sports, home advantage is a factor you should take into account when you look at the NCAA lacrosse odds at online sports betting sites.
Now let’s explore more factors you have to consider when placing your online bets for college lacrosse during the regular season.
Short Term and Long Term Goals
When you examine the NCAA lacrosse betting odds in the pursuit of good wagers, you should think about the goals of each team in both the short term and the long term.
The regular season format allows some flexibility and teams don’t have to win every single game, unlike the conference and NCAA tournaments.
Giving minutes to some fringe players to develop them, or resting stars who accumulated fatigue, could be more important than winning in certain situations.
However, some teams might need to push as hard as possible late in the season when they are fighting for a better seed in the conference tournaments.
A lot of people looking for tips on how to bet on college lacrosse and win money ignore the squad depth. The bench is crucial, especially in the regular season, because the coaches are always looking further ahead.
Here are the main reasons why you might see some rotations, strange lineups, and plenty of minutes for more players than expected.
- Preserving Star Players – The most important part of the year starts where the regular season ends. Every coach wants his top players to stay healthy and with enough energy left in the tank for the battles in the conference and NCAA tournaments.
- Keeping Role Players in Form – Young players need minutes to stay in form. Giving them enough time on the field pays later on, when teams need a push in the most important games of the season.
- Developing Athletes for the Future – Part of the job of the coaching staff is to think for the future and develop rookies. A player might not be ready to contribute during the current season, but some minutes here and there could help unlock his potential later on.
On top of the factors above, let’s not forget that there are plenty of subs allowed and the squad depth can help certain teams stay fresh throughout the entire clash. That’s why it’s so important to analyze it for your college lacrosse betting picks.
Every team in college lacrosse relies on a few star players to carry the main burden. They are the leaders on the pitch because they are more talented and you have to pay attention to them before you place your college lacrosse wagers.
Such athletes set the tempo and they are the ones expected to impact the games the most. You should evaluate not only their individual contribution but their leadership potential, too.
A star athlete that can elevate the rest of the team is often more influential than a player who’s generally more talented on the field.
Betting on NCAA Lacrosse Championship Tournaments
The best apps to bet on college lacrosse offer extensive coverage of the NCAA Lacrosse Championship Tournament of Division 1.
That means plenty of betting opportunities in the spring and most of the betting tips for college lacrosse in the previous section can help you recognize the best of them.
However, there are some differences to gambling on the regular season that can’t be ignored.
Difference to the Regular Season
Here is what you need to consider when you switch to the NCAA Tournaments in the late stages of the college lacrosse season.
- Direct Eliminations – Both the conference tournaments and NCAA Championships include direct eliminations. There’s no room for error, so every single game is about the present moment and playing as well as possible.
- Neutral Venues – There is no home advantage in many of the games because the entire tournament is held at the same place.
- More Pressure – The mental side of things plays a bigger role here because there is so much on the line. Coaching and experience are more valuable at this stage of the season, so be sure to evaluate the college lacrosse betting lines with that in mind.
- Seeding – The teams are seeded, so there are usually clear favorites in the early rounds of the NCAA Lacrosse Championship Tournament.
All of the factors above influence the games and most of the top betting apps for college lacrosse adjust their odds accordingly. You should do the same with your predictions.
You should also take a look at historical data for the tournaments because it can help you spot interesting trends.
NCAA Division I Lacrosse Championship Historical Data
Let’s begin with some stats about the most successful teams in tournament history.
|Men’s Division 1||Women’s Division 1|
|Syracuse – 10 titles||Maryland – 14 titles|
|Johns Hopkins – 9 titles||Northwestern – 7 titles|
|Virginia, Princeton – 6 titles||Virginia, Princeton – 3 titles|
|North Carolina – 5 titles||North Carolina, Penn State, Temple – 2 titles|
Maryland is the team to beat in the women’s tournament and many of the college’s titles have come in the past 10 years. That’s not the case with the most successful male team. Syracuse has ten titles, but the last one came in 2009.
We also have winning percentages available for the men’s competition and they can also help you when choosing your bets.
These are the teams with more than 60% win percentage and they all have strong traditions in the NCAA Tournament.
Another interesting statistic id the number of times each seed has won the NCAA tournament.
|Seed||Men’s D1 Titles|
As you can see, the winner almost always comes from the top 3 seeds and there’s a major drop of champions after that. No sixth seed has ever won, but there have been two champions seeded seventh and even a team that won unseeded.
It’s obvious that surprises are possible in college lacrosse, even if not common, especially if we compare it to basketball or football where the top seeds are more dominant.
Concluding Our College Lacrosse Betting Guide
One of the biggest advantages of betting on NCAA lacrosse with real cash is that it’s not that popular. Many of the college lacrosse sites don’t invest as much time in preparing their odds and lines as for the more mainstream sports. You can take full advantage of this with the proper preparation.
Take the time to digest all the information and advice we’ve offered above, and there’s no reason why you can’t win money. Just remember to always put in proper effort, and try to make informed decision.
Of course, betting on more popular sports can be beneficial too. You have access to more sources of information and there are plenty of unprepared gamblers that might move the odds enough to create valuable opportunities.
We have guides for pretty much all mainstream sports, so check them out if you are interested.