That depends on your country’s laws. If online gambling is allowed, betting on lacrosse would usually be legal, too.
How and Where to Bet on Lacrosse Online
Lacrosse is not the most popular sport in the world but it certainly has a loyal fan base, especially in North America. There are plenty of exciting competitions in the USA and Canada throughout the year.
Some online bookmakers offer odds on the biggest of them. We’ve selected the best sites for betting on lacrosse with real money for those of you who want to try your luck.
|Rank||VA Betting Site||Exclusive Bonus||Get Started|
|125% Up To $2,500||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|50% Up To $1,000||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|50% Up To $250||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|50% Up To $1,000||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|50% Up To $1,000||Visit Site||Visit Site|
The top-rated lacrosse sportsbooks online cover the main competitions and offer excellent odds. You can also enjoy various bonuses and a range of other perks.
This guide to lacrosse betting online includes useful information about the sport, gambling tips, and recommended lacrosse apps if you want to bet on mobile.
Our Guide to Betting on Lacrosse Online
Best Lacrosse Betting Sites in 2021
Using the best sites for betting on lacrosse online is important because they deliver the highest return for your wagers, among other things.
Our team has handpicked the sportsbooks that offer an excellent experience in a safe environment to every customer.
Here are the factors we assessed to ensure that’s truly the case.
- Safety First – Before we even check the lacrosse betting odds and markets, we make sure that a bookmaker is safe to use. We evaluate the security measures, the owners, and the reputation of the sportsbook.
- Lacrosse Coverage – Not all sports betting sites on the internet cover lacrosse, but our recommended bookies are among those that do.
- Lacrosse Odds – We are always on the hunt for high odds because they improve your overall chances to win when you bet on lacrosse online.
- Bonuses and Promotions – Even the best online betting sites for lacrosse don’t have exclusive promotions for the sport, but they have solid regular deals can be used on the sport.
- Fast Payouts – If you happen to win and request a payout, the money will reach you quickly.
- Helpful Support – The customer support team will be there to help in case you have any problems.
We carefully explore all of the above and then select the top bookmakers for online lacrosse betting that cover all of our requirements.
Here are details of their welcome bonuses and whether they accept cryptocurrency deposits.
There’s plenty of bonus money to claim and joining any of the above sportsbooks will boost your bankroll instantly. The good news is that they offer even more promotions later on.
Mobile Betting on Lacrosse
If you want to bet on lacrosse on the go, our top sites can deliver a great experience. All of them have lacrosse betting apps that work on popular phones and tablets such as iPhone, iPad, Android, and Windows Phone.
You can either download a native app or use their mobile lacrosse betting sites. In both cases, you get access to all lacrosse wagers, as well as all features, bonuses, and promotions.
Joining any of our recommendations is fine, but one of our picks stands out for those of you who want to know where to bet on lacrosse on mobile.
Best Lacrosse Betting App
- Established: 1996
- Welcome Offer: 100% up to $2,500
- US Players: Yes
- Payment Methods: Credit Cards, Crypto, Cash Transfers
You simply can’t go wrong by picking BetUS for lacrosse betting on any device. The sportsbook has a responsive site that adjusts well to all mainstream options such as iPhone, iPad, Android, and Windows Phone.
All the main competitions for the sport are covered and the odds are better than the industry average. If you decide to see for yourself, BetUS will give you a large welcome bonus and there are other interesting opportunities to earn extra cash later on.
We should also highlight the fast payouts at BetUS. If you request a withdrawal with a cryptocurrency such as Bitcoin or Ethereum, the money will often arrive on the same day.
Lacrosse Odds and Types of Bet
Some of you probably reached this page by looking for information on how to bet on lacrosse. If that’s the case, yous should first understand how the odds work and the different bet types available.
Let’s start with the prices and how to read them. There are three options, depending on your sportsbook and country of residence.
- American Odds – The positive American odds, such as +150 for example, show how much money you would win by betting $100. The negative, like -150, show how much you have to bet to win $100.
- Decimal Odds – The decimal odds look like 2.50, 1.20, 4.50, and similar. Simply multiply your stake by the price to calculate the total return.
- Fractional Odds – This format is popular in the UK and looks like 4/5, 12/1, and so on. You have to divide the first number by the second and multiply by your stake to see what your total return would be.
If you would like more information on how to read the odds at the top lacrosse gambling sites, the following page features in-depth explanations.
The number of markets offered even by the best online bookmakers for lacrosse betting with real money is relatively limited compared to more popular sports like football, basketball, and soccer.
You can pick from the following options for gambling on lacrosse games.
- Moneyline – Back one of the teams to win the match.
- Point Spread – One of the sides starts with an advantage for the purposes of betting.
- Totals – You can bet on the total number of points scored in the game. The sportsbooks offer a line and you can place a wager on whether the final combined score of both sides is over or under that number.
For bigger events, you might be able to find more markets and even live lacrosse betting opportunities.
Another option is to bet on futures for major competitions like the World Championship and the NCAA Tournament. The best lacrosse betting sites give you the chance to back any of the participating teams to win the title.
You can find more information on these bets, and others, on the following page.
Beginner Tips for Betting on Lacrosse
It is time to share our lacrosse betting tips and the first batch includes basic advice that’s designed to help beginners with limited experience.
These tips can help you avoid some of the biggest traps of sports gambling with real money and explain the right mindset that can improve your chances to win money in the long run.
- Bet Online – The best sites and apps for betting on lacrosse offer much better conditions than any brick-and-mortar sportsbook.
- Bet for Value – Learn how to look for value in the betting odds instead of simply trying to guess what’s going to happen in the games.
- Stay Selective – Even the best lacrosse strategy will only uncover a few bets worth making. That’s why you should be very selective with your wagers.
- Make the Best of Promos – You’ll have access to plenty of bonuses and promotions for lacrosse gambling, so make sure to make the best of them.
- Learn Bankroll Management – Never underestimate the importance of using bankroll management and staking plans.
That’s pretty much your starting pack for betting on lacrosse with real money and you should follow the tips above at all times.
With the beginners’ tips covered, let’s move to more advanced concepts that can help you recognize good odds.
Lacrosse Betting Strategy
The main focus of our strategy section is betting on lacrosse games because that’s the only type of gambling offered by most sportsbooks online. It’s also the most rewarding source of opportunities to make money.
However, some of these tips can also help you in the rare cases when lacrosse futures and specials are available. Read them carefully!
Compare the Stats
Data analysis is a must in sports betting nowadays and gambling on lacrosse is no exception. There are plenty of stats that can showcase the strengths and weaknesses teams and you can use them to your advantage.
It’s the best objective way to measure how two sides compare to each other, so you should always include some form of statistical research in your preparation process.
Here are some examples of defensive and offensive numbers that can tell you a lot about lacrosse teams and their quality.
|Defensive Stats||Offensive Stats|
|Turnovers Caused per Game||Assists per Game|
|Man-Down Defense||Man-Up Offense|
|Saves per Game||Points per Game|
|Scoring Defense||Turnovers per Game|
There are other advanced metrics too, as well as individual statistics that can show you how the individual players perform. Be sure to check them out before you bet so you know what to expect from the teams.
Examine Head-to-Head Records
Another factor you can’t ignore when making lacrosse predictions is the head-to-head record between the teams. Previous meetings are a good source of information on how the styles of the two sides compare to each other on the field.
Carefully analyze them to check how the best players performed in the past and try to understand why. For example, strong defensive teams can neutralize top offensive athletes sometimes, and that’s useful to know before betting.
You should be careful when it comes to college lacrosse, though. The rosters can be very different from one year to another, so the head-to-head results are not always a good measure of what to expect.
Look for Star Players
There are 20 players on the field in most lacrosse formats and each team usually has a few star athletes that are better than the rest. They are expected to carry most of the load and lead the others to victories.
You should always pay special attention to these players because they are setting the pace for each side. If a squad lacks leadership, it’s more likely to fail when the going gets tough.
Follow the Team News
That is a pretty obvious tip, but we simply can’t ignore it. You should always follow the team news for potential injuries, suspensions, or any other form of absentees.
If a side is crippled for an upcoming game, that obviously changes the situation. The same can be true even if just one of the top performers is missing
Not many news outlets cover lacrosse comprehensively, but the biggest competitions have their own websites that provide information on most games. That’s where you should be looking when you’re about to gamble on lacrosse for real cash.
Evaluate the Coaches
A lot of people focus only on the performance on the pitch in their lacrosse betting picks, ignoring the masterminds behind each team. Coaching is crucial in lacrosse and can make a huge difference.
Here are some of the ways the coaches can impact the game.
- Pre-Game Preparations – The best coaches study the opponents and find different ways to exploit any weakness.
- Set Plays – Each team relies on set plays, especially when a man up. The coaches are the ones who create these plays.
- Subs – There are nine subs allowed in most lacrosse formats, so deciding when and how to use them is important.
- Tactical Changes – Even the best plans can go wrong and a game of lacrosse is usually 60 minutes long. Adjustments are often required and the best coaches are better at them which provides a huge edge for their team.
- Motivation – Getting players prepared from a mental standpoint is vital to get the best out of them during games.
The best coaches know how to improve their team both tactically and mentally. That’s why you should always pay attention to who’s running the show.
Follow the Weather Reports
Most lacrosse games are played outdoors, and the weather can have an impact. If the conditions are tough, for example, this can give a big advantage to a team that relies mostly on defense.
Factors like wind and rain make it harder to create scoring opportunities and this affects the way games play out.
Squad Depth Is Crucial
In most of the biggest lacrosse tournaments, teams have the right to make nine subs over the course of the game. This allows plenty of rotations and squads with more depth usually have the upper hand.The opportunity to keep your players fresh can make a huge difference, but not if your side is struggling badly because the bench is significantly worse than the starters.
Lacrosse Games You Can Bet On
Plenty of big lacrosse tournaments are covered by the top sportsbooks online. Most of them taking place in the United States.
Before we explore the main events on the schedule, let’s take a quick look at the different lacrosse formats.
There are several types of lacrosse formats, so it’s important to understand the differences between them if you want to bet on the sport.
- Field Lacrosse – This is the most popular variation of the sport and almost all major men’s tournaments use it. It includes two teams of ten players each, is played outdoors, and full contact is allowed.
- Box Lacrosse – This version of lacrosse includes six players per side and is played on a smaller pitch indoors.
- Women’s Lacrosse – The rules of the women’s version of lacrosse are identical to field lacrosse with one big exception. The contact allowed is much more limited.
- Intercrosse – No contact between the players is allowed in this format. All the other rules are similar to field lacrosse.
Most big tournaments are in classic field lacrosse, but there are exceptions. Let’s check out some of the most popular lacrosse competitions.
Major Lacrosse Events
Here are the biggest lacrosse tournaments in the world. These are typically your best opportunities to bet on the sport.
World Lacrosse Championship (WLC)
- Format: Field Lacrosse
Held every four years under the auspices of governing body World Lacrosse, this event was born in 1967. Forty-six countries complete, including a team from the Iroquois Nation.
This event is also known as the Lacrosse World Cup and is the most prestigious international competition in the sport.
The WLC has been dominated by team US and the only other nation to win a gold medal in the history of the competition is Canada.
The rest of the field has struggled to make any impact up to this point.
Women’s Lacrosse World Cup
- Format: Women’s Lacrosse
This event has been providing women’s lacrosse teams a chance to compete on an international stage since 1982.
The tournament is sponsored by the Federation of International Lacrosse, and is also known as the Women’s World Championship.
It’s the biggest tournament in women’s lacrosse and it includes pretty much all the best players from all over the globe.
Similar to the men’s World Cup, the United States is the most successful country in the competition’s history. The only other team to ever win a gold medal is Australia.
Premier Lacrosse League
- Format: Field Lacrosse
Created to be a “traveling showcase” of the best of lacrosse, this league is made up of both American players and invited top international players who make appearances on the tour.
The competition was founded in 2019 by lacrosse pro Paul Rabil and his brother Mike Rabil who secured enough investment to start the project. The former Major Lacrosse League has merged with the PLL in the early days of the new organization.
The PLL started with six teams and the number has been growing each season. There’s also a draft every year that helps the organizations acquire the most talented players coming out of college lacrosse.
- Format: Field Lacrosse, Women’s Lacrosse
NCAA has three men’s and three women’s lacrosse divisions that include hundreds of teams from all across the United States.
The men compete under the classic field lacrosse rules, while women’s lacrosse is the format for the ladies.
The competition generates plenty of interest in the US and has respectable attendance rates every year.
Each season culminates with NCAA Lacrosse Tournaments that decide the best teams in the country.
The top men’s players on a college level are often recruited by some of the pro leagues, including the PLL and the NLL.
Check out our college lacrosse betting guide for information.
National Lacrosse League
- Format: Box Lacrosse
The National Lacrosse League or simply NLL is the biggest lacrosse competition played indoors. It includes teams from both the United States and Canada.
The games take place from December to June each year between 14 organizations that are split into three divisions; North, East, and West.
Many of the franchises joined the league in the late 2010s and the plans are for the number to grow in the near future.
Every season culminates with the battle for the National Lacrosse League Cup which is one of the most prestigious trophies in the sport.
Other Lacrosse Tournaments
We have covered the biggest events in the world of lacrosse, but there are other notable competitions that can be available for betting, too. Here’s what you need to know about them.
- The World Games – Lacrosse is part of the World Games. This event isfor sports not included in the Olympics and is held once every four years. Since lacrosse might be part of the Summer Olympics soon, it could be excluded from the World Games.
- United Women’s Lacrosse League – This league is comprised of four competitive teams, all located on the Eastern Seaboard of the United States.
- Canadian Lacrosse League – The top league in Canada is probably the strongest lacrosse competition outside of the USA.
- Australian Lacrosse Leagues – There are plenty of Australian lacrosse leagues in major cities and they fight for state championships towards the end of the season.
- Olympics – Lacrosse was part of the 1904 and 1908 Summer Olympics and there are reports that the sport might be included once again in 2028.
There are many other pro, semi-pro, and amateur lacrosse competitions all across the globe, but you won’t usually find odds for betting on them.
Lacrosse Betting FAQ
- Is It Legal to Bet on Lacrosse Online with Real Money?
- Is It Safe to Bet on Lacrosse on the Internet?
Yes, if you pick one of our top-rated lacrosse betting sites or another legit online sportsbook.
- What Lacrosse Competitions Are Available for Online Betting?
You can usually place wagers on college lacrosse, the NLL, the PLL, and the World Cup. It’s possible that some minor competitions are also available every now and then.
- Can You Make Money Betting on Lacrosse?
Yes, it’s possible to win cash by betting on lacrosse with the correct strategy. Most people who gamble on sports lose in the long run, but consistent profits can be made with hard work.
- What Types of Wager Are Available for Lacrosse Betting Online?
Most lacrosse sportsbooks online only have moneyline, spreads, and totals for selected games. Props and futures might be available for the biggest events.
- Where Can You Bet on Lacrosse Online?
Many online betting sites don’t offer lacrosse, but our recommended options cover the biggest competitions in the sport.
Further Reading and Useful Resources
We’ve covered pretty much everything you need to know about lacrosse betting, but we have a lot of other useful resources related to online sports gambling that you might want to check out.
For a start, we have several pages designed to help beginners with limited experience. They cover the fundamentals of sports betting and can help you build a successful strategy from scratch. If that sounds appealing, here they are!.
- Introduction to Sports Betting – This includes everything that a newcomer should learn about sports betting before investing real money.
- Biggest Challenges of Sports Betting – Sports betting for real cash includes plenty of challenges and we explore the biggest of them here.
- Top Sports Betting Tips for Beginners – We provide several sports betting tips for beginners that can instantly make an impact on your results.
- Common Betting Mistakes – Many beginners fall into the same traps and this page delivers useful tips on how to avoid them.
It is also worth mentioning that our writers are constantly on the hunt for good betting opportunities in almost every sport and league imaginable.