Ultimate Guide to Betting on Badminton
Let’s face it – badminton hasn’t always been among the world’s most popular sports. Yet, thanks to the achievements of nations such as China, Indonesia, and Denmark, the popularity of badminton continues to rise.
As a result, more and more people have turned to online badminton betting in recent years. That shouldn’t come as a surprise, though, as there are now several top badminton betting sites.
Here are the best sites for betting on badminton.
|Rank||Betting Site||Exclusive Bonus||Get Started|
|60% Up To $1,000||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|50% Up To $250||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|125% Up To $2,500||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|100% Up To $500||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|100% Up To $1,000||Visit Site||Visit Site|
When it comes to laying down your badminton wagers, using the best sportsbooks is imperative. The top-rated badminton betting sites have countless benefits, including competitive badminton odds, multiple markets, attractive bonuses, and much more.
If you want to know how to bet on badminton online and win money, this one-stop guide covers all the bases. From the top badminton betting apps and sites to the best badminton tournaments to bet on, we leave no stone unturned.
Best Badminton Betting Sites and Apps
Before we show you how to bet on badminton, it is vital that you know where to bet on badminton.
Nowadays, there are hundreds of sportsbooks out there, meaning finding the best ones can be tricky. But if you want to bet real money on badminton, we strongly recommend using only the top badminton betting sites.
So, how do we select our top-rated online betting sites for badminton? Well, the list below spells out the key criteria we use for ranking the best badminton sportsbooks online.
- Safety and Security – Above all else, our top badminton gambling sites are 100% safe and secure, so you know that your money is in safe hands.
- The Best Badminton Odds – It only makes sense that the best badminton bookmakers have the most competitive badminton betting odds.
- Tons of Badminton Betting Options – Although most sportsbooks offer some badminton gambling opportunities, the best sites for betting on badminton provide tons of markets.
- Live Badminton Betting – Our top-rated badminton sportsbooks provide unrivalled, in-play badminton betting options.
- Badminton Betting Bonuses – Everybody loves a good deal, right? All our recommendations offer generous badminton betting promotions and bonuses.
- Vast Payment Options – Whether you prefer using debit and credit cards, or you want to add funds to your account using crypto, our top sites allow multiple payment options.
- Speedy Payouts – Many of the best badminton betting sites offer same-day payout approvals, meaning you don’t have to wait long to get your hands on your winnings.
- First-Rate Customer Support – If you run into any problems betting on badminton online, the elite customer service provided by the top badminton gambling sites will be able to help.
Want to learn more about how we evaluate sports betting sites? Check out our process for ranking betting sites and apps.
You will be pleased to know that all the best mobile badminton betting sites also have excellent apps for betting on badminton. If you like to gamble on the go, then you will love the top badminton betting apps.
Just in case you need reminding, here are our top-ranked online badminton betting websites.
Betting on Badminton Matches
Now that you know where to bet on badminton online, it’s time to look at some badminton betting tips.
The most common badminton wagers are related to individual matches. Bookmakers always offer plenty of markets for matches, giving you various different ways to win cash.
Here are some of the main betting markets for badminton matches.
- Match Winner – As the name suggests, this market enables you to predict the winner of a badminton match. This is undoubtedly the most common badminton bet.
- Game Handicap – A game handicap gives a player or team a virtual points deficit to overcome. For example, Player A (-5) or Team B (+5).
- Correct Score – As well as gambling on the winner of a match, you can try to predict the correct final score.
- Game Totals – You can also wager on the total number of games played in a badminton match. For instance, over 2.5 or under 2.5.
- First Game Winner – If you don’t want to wait for the final outcome, you can even bet on the first game winner in any given badminton match.
To help you take full advantage of all these markets, we share our top tips for betting on badminton matches below.
Study the Badminton Tournament Format
Before you make your badminton predictions, it is important that you study the format of the tournament you are betting on.
During the group stage of a competition, players and teams can afford to lose a match and still qualify for the next phase. With multiple group matches taking place, competitors get more than one opportunity to reach the latter stages.
Knockout tournaments, on the other hand, are very different. All the contestants know they will be eliminated if they lose their next match, meaning they have to give their all 100% of the time.
When it comes to betting on badminton matches, make sure you consider the format of the competition.
Evaluate Badminton Players and Teams Recent Form
Evaluating the form of players and teams is another great way to get the better of the bookies. In fact, we highly recommend checking the recent form guide before making any badminton betting picks.
Conversely, an up-and-coming underdog could enjoy a positive run of results and upset the odds. Although the bookies view them as an outsider, they could use their momentum to rise to the occasion and cause a shock.
If you can identify which players are in good form and which players are out of touch, you will give yourself an edge.
Look at the Head-to-Head Badminton Stats
In a lot of sports, head-to-head records are not that important. For example, many of the world’s top-flight soccer leagues are extremely competitive, meaning teams at the bottom of the standings often upset the top sides.
But when it comes to gambling on badminton, analyzing head-to-head statistics can be hugely beneficial.
Some players enjoy coming up against particular opponents more than others. Certain players may have a playing style that suits a specific opponent, so they could find it easier to win the match.
Thanks to the internet, finding head-to-head records has never been easier. With stacks of useful information available at the click of a button, you can easily get your hands on all the H2H info you need.
Explore the Bigger Badminton Picture
If you want to bet on badminton for money, it is imperative that you consider the wider picture. What do we mean by that? Well, let us explain.
Some players use smaller tournaments to gain fitness and prepare for more important events in the near future. More often than not, these players are among the elite performers, so they can afford to prioritize certain competitions.
On the flip side, there might be a rising youngster who is eager to make their mark in the sport. If they aren’t competing in the major tournaments, they will give everything they have to win the smaller events.
As a result, it isn’t uncommon to see a budding young gun beating an experienced pro in a low-profile competition. If you can figure out how important a match is for both sides, you could win big.
The condition of the players can also have a big say in the outcome of a badminton match. The top players often play singles and doubles matches in quick succession, leading to fatigue.
Before you gamble on badminton matches, you need to consider the players’ schedules. While some players might be well rested and fresh, others may have recently played in a run of matches and could be tired.
For these reasons, we suggest checking player schedules and analyzing the freshness of competitors before parting ways with your cash.
Other Badminton Betting Factors
If you are serious about developing a winning badminton betting strategy, it is important to remember that the smallest factors can make a big difference.
Even the court temperature can have an impact on a player’s performance. If a player is used to playing in an air-conditioned hall, they will likely find it difficult to give their all if they compete in a warmer environment.
Although these factors may seem negligible, they are definitely worth considering if you are badminton betting with real money.
Live Betting on Badminton
Live badminton betting is widely available at all the top online badminton sportsbooks. Most of the traditional markets are available, and there are also some unique options to take advantage of.
We share some in-play badminton betting tips a little later, but first, let’s take a look at the main markets.
- Next Point Winner – If you’re following the action closely, you can bet on which player will win the next point in a game.
- To Win Current Game – You can also wager on the winner of the current game. With a best-of-three format, there are numerous chances to win cash.
- Race to 5/10/15 Points – This badminton live betting market enables you to wager on which side reaches a certain number of points first.
- To Be Leading After 20 Points – Think you know who will be leading after the 20-point mark? Use this market to back them.
Make sure you shop around at the best badminton betting sites for other options, as different bookmakers sometimes offer different live markets.
Here are our top tips for live betting on badminton.
- Watch the Matches
- Although you can participate in live badminton betting without watching the match, we urge you to follow the match on television or via a live stream. This will only enhance your prospects of landing your in-play badminton wagers.
- Follow the Stats
- All the best sportsbooks and badminton apps offer live statistics. To give yourself the best possible chance of winning cash, make sure you study the stats for emerging patterns and trends. Even if you watch the game, stats can show something you may have missed.
- Look for Players Giving Up
- Players sometimes drop their performance level when the lead of their opponent is too big, focusing on the next games instead. When this occurs, the winning margin of that particular game will usually be greater than normal.
- Control Your Emotions
- It is easy to get carried away when it comes to betting on badminton live, especially if there is big money involved. Therefore, we recommend keeping your emotions in check. If you keep losing bets, it could be time to take a break.
World Badminton Championships
Sanctioned by the Badminton World Federation (BWF), the World Badminton Championships is undoubtedly the sport’s most prestigious competition.
Founded in 1977, the World Championships originally took place once every three years, before switching to a biennial format between 1985 and 2005. As of 2006, the tournament has been held annually – giving more players a chance to win the event.
It is worth noting, however, that the competition doesn’t take place in the same year as the Summer Olympics, as many of the sport’s top players compete at the Games.
More than 300 athletes from over 40 countries take part in the week-long event, with five different disciplines in the program: men’s singles, women’s singles, men’s doubles, women’s doubles, and mixed doubles.
To give you an idea of which nations tend to dominate the tournament, here is the top of the all-time medal table.
|BWF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS – ALL-TIME MEDAL TABLE|
As you can see, China has totally dominated badminton’s biggest competition over the years. Chinese athletes have won a whopping 66 gold medals – 43 more than the next best nation, Indonesia.
You also may have noticed that four of the five most successful countries in the history of the World Championships are Asian. When it comes to betting on the tournament, that is certainly worth remembering.
Due to the popularity of the World Championships, this is one of the few badminton events for which futures and outright markets are available. Below, we cover all the main badminton futures.
- Tournament Winner – This outright badminton betting market allows you to the predict the winning player or team in a competition.
- To Reach the Final – As well as backing players or teams to win a tournament, you can wager on them to reach the final.
- Player of the Tournament – Some of the leading badminton competitions present player awards, enabling you to gamble on prizes such as Player of the Tournament.
- Most Medals Won by Country – You can also bet on which country will win the most medals in some of the top tournaments.
These futures are generally available for all the major badminton events. In the next section, we cover more badminton competitions to bet on.
More Badminton Tournaments to Bet On
Sure, the World Championships invariably take center stage. But there are plenty of other big badminton tournaments to bet on every year.
Let’s take a closer look at some of the other leading badminton competitions.
- Founded: 1949
- Number of Teams: 16
- Countries: BWF member nations
- Most Titles: Indonesia (13)
Sometimes called the World Men’s Team Championships, the Thomas Cup is an international tournament for teams within the BWF – the sport’s global governing body.
The event is held once every two years, with both singles and doubles matches on the schedule. The competition begins with a group stage before going into the knockout phase.
- Founded: 1957
- Number of Teams: 16
- Countries: BWF member nations
- Most Titles: China (14)
Essentially, the Uber Cup – often referred to as the World Team Championship for Women – is the female version of the Thomas Cup.
Both the Uber Cup and Thomas Cup follow the same format, with three singles matches and two doubles matches per nation during the group stage. There are then quarter-finals, semi-finals, and a final to determine the winner.
- Founded: 1989
- Number of Teams: 12
- Countries: BWF member nations
- Most Titles: China (11)
The Sudirman Cup is the leading mixed-team tournament in badminton, featuring both men and women. The competition takes place biannually, running in-between the World Championships.
The event is named after former player Dick Sudirman, who was the founder of the Badminton Association of Indonesia (PBSI). Since 1989, only three nations have won the Sudirman Cup – China, South Korea, and Indonesia.
All England Open
- Founded: 1899
- Number of Players: 250+
- Countries: Any
- Most Titles: England (194)
The All England Open Badminton Championships is officially the oldest badminton tournament in the world. Founded all the way back in 1899, the competition has been running for well over a century.
The All England Open is a singles event, with more than 250 competitors taking part every year. The tournament also has an eye-watering prize pool, with a whopping $850,000 going to the winner.
Summer Olympic Games
- Founded: 1992
- Number of Players: 150+
- Countries: Any
- Most Titles: China (20)
Badminton was first introduced to the Summer Olympics in 1992. In total, the sport has been included in eight Games, with China dominating the medal table.
Just seven countries have won Olympic badminton gold, while 12 nations have claimed at least one medal. Here is the Olympic badminton medal table.
|BADMINTON AT THE OLYMPIC GAMES|
CLICK TO CLOSE
Want to gamble on Olympic badminton? Head over to our guide to betting on the Olympics Games.
Badminton Betting vs. Tennis Betting
You don’t need us to tell you that badminton and tennis have many similarities. Both sports are played on a court, both games require players to hit a shuttlecock or ball over a net, and they both have singles and doubles events, too.
Of course, if you already bet on tennis, chances are you won’t struggle to get to grips with badminton betting. That said, even the most experienced tennis bettors will need to learn the nuances.
To be help you understand the differences between badminton betting and tennis betting, we have put together a number of key points. Check them out!
- Shorter Matches – In general, badminton matches are much shorter than tennis matches. This is especially important to remember if you’re participating in live badminton betting.
- Less Physically Demanding – With tennis matches often lasting a handful of hours, the top players are among the fittest athletes on the planet. Badminton players, on the other hand, do not have to be as fit.
As a result, the condition of the players is not overly crucial when it comes to betting on badminton, unless you a wagering on the latter stages of a competition, when players could be fatigued.
- Fewer Betting Opportunities – Due to the worldwide popularity of tennis, bookmakers invariably offer far more tennis betting options compared to badminton.
- A Bigger Chance of Mistakes – The popularity of tennis can benefit badminton bettors, though. While sportsbooks invest a lot of time and money into calculating tennis prices, they can’t afford to do the same with badminton odds.
This can lead to bookies making mistakes when pricing up badminton matches, as they don’t tend to research badminton events as much as tennis comps.
- More Fixed Matches – The prize pools in badminton tournaments are way smaller than the major tennis events, leading to more fixed badminton matches. With that in mind, you should always bet on the smaller badminton competitions with caution.
For those of you interested in gambling on tennis, check out our complete guide to tennis betting.