Red Mansions Slot Review
While oriental-themed slot games are hardly new or innovative, Red Mansions definitely holds its own as a welcome addition to the IGT games portfolio.
The game features that Eastern flavor that has made similar themed games popular.
The game tells an interesting tale about two noble houses in China, offering players a journey to ancient China and celebrating the country’s culture and beliefs.
Red Mansions features five reels, 40 paylines and a cool 1024 ways to win and is available to play for free and real money.
- Launch: 2014
- Slot Type: Non-Progressive
- Genre: Oriental
- Software: IGT
- Reels: 5
- Pay Lines: 40/1024 Ways to Win
- Slot Volatility: Medium/High
- Min Coin Size: 0.01
- Max Coin Size: 40.00
- Max Bet: 80.00
- RTP: 95.03%
- Wilds: Yes
- Scatter: Yes
- AutoPlay: Yes
- Multipliers: Yes
- Free Spins: Yes
- Progressive Jackpot: No
- Mobile Play: Yes
Bonus Rounds and Payouts
Red Mansions offers one bonus feature in the form of a free spins round where you can earn up to 20 free spins just for triggering the feature.
- Free Spins: Land two, three or four Jade Gem bonus symbols on the third reel to trigger the free spins feature. The number of free spins earned will depend on the number ofsymbols it took to trigger the feature. You can click the bottom to start the spins and you will notice the reels change to a different color. More free spins can be triggered if you land twoor more bonus symbols during the round.
Additional Game Features
Red Mansions is a five reel and 1024 ways to win online slot powered by IGT. This means that there is no standard payline structure and you simply have to match symbols on adjacent reels to earna win.
There is the option to play with 40 paylines if you prefer the traditional approach, although the stakes are lower. The reels are set against a multi-colored sunset background within a woodenframe. The high-value symbols represent the theme of the game and include five different Chinese characters and a lady in white – the game’s most valuable symbol.
Lower value symbols are represented by playing cards J, Q, K, and A. The red pagoda is the wild and makes appearances on the second, third, fourth and fifth reels. The Jade Gem bonus symbolappears on the third reel only and activates the bonus feature.
The game features a wide range of betting options, catering to a diverse range of players and budgets. You can bet as low as one coin per line. If you want to activate the 1024 ways option, youstand a chance to double your bet.
The game also offers a MultiWay Extra, which means the wins are always bigger than expected.
- Symbols: Chinese Characters, Lady in White, Jade Gem, Red Pagoda
- Wild: Wild symbols replace all symbols except the scatter bonus symbol
- Scatter: The Jade Gem scatter triggers the bonus feature
- Free Spins: Earn up to 20 free spins when you trigger this feature
Red Mansions is an IGT original game that will appeal to a broad range of players. Visually, it is impressive to say the least, and IGT has clearly put in a lot of effort where graphics andanimations are concerned.
The storyline and theme are intriguing and the wide betting range makes Red Mansions a nice option for low and high rollers alike. That being said, it is a high variance game that pays lessfrequently than we’d like.
This is no reason to give it a miss and we encourage players looking to spice up their gaming with some Eastern flavor to give Red Mansions a try.