- Website – www.thunderboltcasino.com
- Launched in 2014
- Licensed and Regulated in Curacao
- Email – email@example.com
- Telephone – 0-800-980-320
Thunderbolt Casino Review for 2022
Most online casinos claim they’re the best out there.
The casino you’re about to read about – Thunderbolt Casino – says the same thing. They say they’re “The best South African Casino experience.”
Sorry, but I’m going to have to disagree with that.
With only a few minutes effort – using our site or Google – you can find something MUCH better. Here, I’ll give you a better casino: Omni Casino.
But …that doesn’t mean that Thunderbolt Casino isn’t worth checking out. You can have plenty of fun at B and C-list casinos IF you go in with the right expectations AND you’re a good fit.
Our aim is to help you with both setting the right expectations and determining if Thunderbolt Casino is a good fit for you using our review. In it we cover their banking options, promotions, games and more.
You ready to get started? The review starts with the next section below.
Who is behind Thunderbolt Casino? How long have they been in business?
Thunderbolt Casino has been online since 2014. They’re owned and operated by the same company behind Springbok Casino. Unfortunately, like Springbok, they don’t share much information about their company.
Are they licensed and regulated? Who tests their games for fairness?
Thunderbolt Casino is licensed through the jurisdiction of Curacao.
How is their reputation?
ThePogg.com doesn’t recommend them. No surprise there.
They’re also not accredited, endorsed or otherwise given a huge stamp of approval from anyone else, either. They have average ratings across the web.
There are only 2 complaints on AskGamblers.com – one was rejected and the other resolved. So, nothing big to report there.
And I don’t see anything scam related when I search Google.
Overall, their reputation is average. There’s nothing too exciting or scary to report.
Who can play here?
Only players from the United Kingdom are restricted from playing at Thunderbolt Casino, but due to the fact that ZAR is the only accpeted currency, the casino is mainly popular in South Africa, Namibia, Swaziland, Mozambique, and Lesotho.
How do you contact support?
You can reach them 24/7/365 using one of the following channels:
They also have an FAQ page where they answer the most commonly asked questions.
What payment options do they accept?
- Bitcoin (by Neteller)
The min deposit for each option is 25 ZAR. ZAR is the only currency they accept.
What’s real interesting (and surprising) is that they accept bitcoin through Neteller. I’ve not see this offered by another South African casino, nor have I seen it offered before from Neteller.
What can you use to cash out? Are there any limits or fees?
You can use:
- Neteller / Min: 500 ZAR
- ECOPayz / Min: 500 ZAR
- EasyEFT / Min: 1000 ZAR
- Visa / Min: 500 ZAR
- Skrill / Min: 500 ZAR
- SID / Min: 1500 ZAR
- Bitcoin (by Neteller) / Min: 1000 ZAR
All the options you can use to deposit are also available for cash outs EXCEPT for Visa.
Their terms say the max payout per customer is R25,000 per week, and that they reserve the right to pay larger amounts over a period of weeks.
This sucks for a couple reasons. One, they don’t exclude progressive jackpots. Two – and this one is important – they don’t specifically state the installments amounts if/when they practice their right to pay in installments. This means any amount over R25,000 can take months or years to be paid in full. You just don’t know until the situation pops up.
This should be the first thing they change about their casino.
Do they offer a welcome bonus? What are the terms?
They do. There are 4 bonuses you claim.
- 100% match up to R2500
- 125% match up to 2500
- 150% match up to R2500
- Free R2500 (no deposit required)
You want to make sure you redeem the bonuses in this order (using the coupon codes they give you).
The playthrough on this offer is 30x the deposit and bonus, which is a bit above average. You can play 7-stud poker, bingo games, European slot poker, keno, pai gow poker, scratch cards and all slots to clear this offer.
The max bet for this offer is R100.00.
Do they have additional offers?
There are several other offers to claim. Some of them are available for a limited time – I even found one only good for today. So, we’ll list the most evergreen offers below, and for all other offers you’ll want to visit their promotions page.
Weekend Bonus – This offer is available to everyone once per week. You can claim up to 3 match bonuses and 120 free spins for the Lucky 6 and Achilles slot machines.Here are
the bonuses you can claim:
- 100% match up to R2000
- 125% match up to R2500 + 60 free spins for Lucky 6
- 125% up to R2500 + 60 free spins for Achilles
Both the bonus and any winnings from the free spins will have a 60x playthrough (total) before you can cash out. You can cash out a max of 5x the value of the free spins.
- VIP Special – This is available daily to VIP members. Deposit at least R100, and get a 100% match up to R2000.
- Monday Bonus – Get a 180% match on top of your deposit. This is available every week to VIP members. This match is good on deposits of at least R200, and is good up to R4000.
- Monthly Boost – This is available to VIP members every month. Deposit at least R500 and you can get up to R1000.
- Mobile Bonus – This is available to everyone between Friday and Sunday each week. Deposit at least R50 and get a 50% match bonus up to R1000 + 15 free spins for the Mermaid Queen slot machine. You can use this offer 5x each week.
- Mobile Offer – This is available one time and is for new mobile players. Make a deposit and get a 100% match up to R2000. You’ll get a free R100 on top of that.
- Happy Hour – Every Friday you can claim a 250% match bonus and 100 free spins. This offer is available every Friday to VIP members. All you need to do is contact support to claim it.
- Midweek Spins – This is available to everyone every Wednesday. Every month a different game will be offered. You’ll get between 50 and 100 free spins depending on how much you deposit.
- First Spins – Get 50 free spins for the Panda Magic slot machine. This offer is good one time, and is reserved for new customers.
- Big Thunder Bonus – Every Thursday you can claim a 150% match bonus up to R2500 with any deposit of at least R25. This is available to everyone, every week.
- Cashback – Get 25% cashback up to R3000 (deposits of R12000+) when your balance falls between o and R50. You can claim it whenever you want, even after you save it up a few times (over a few deposits). This is available to everyone who passes on a deposit bonus (for that specific deposit) and has a 10x playthrough on slots, keno, bongo and scratch cards (other games’ playthrough will vary).All you got to do to claim this offer is contact support.
Do they have a comps and/or VIP program?
They have a comp points program. This is available (daily) to everyone.
Every time you make R10 in bets, you’ll earn 1 comp point. For every 100 points you accumulate, you can exchange it for R1.
They also have a game of the month promotion (every month) where you can earn double comp points. If comp points are your thing, then it’d be worthwhile to check your email for this deal.
What software providers do they work with? How many games can you play?
They work with Real Time Gaming. Depending on the casino, and how you choose to play their games (download, instant play or mobile), you’ll have 130+ games to choose from.
This will pale in comparison to some casinos, especially those who use Microgaming, Playtech or others, or a combination of all their software. That’s one of the reasons why I find Thunderbolt’s tagline funny because it’s hard to be the best casino – for South Africans or otherwise – when all you’re using is Real Time Gaming.
What are some examples of games you can play?
Here are some of the games you can play, and any thoughts we may have about them.
- Aladdin’s Wishes
- Aztec’s Treasure
- Bubble Bubble
- Builder Beaver
- Caesar’s Empire
- Cash Bandits
- Cleopatra’s Gold
- Count Spectacular
- Coyote Cash
- Crazy Vegas
- Crystal Waters
- Derby Dollars
- Diamond Dozen
- DJ Moo Cow
- Double Ya Luck
- Dream Run
- Enchanted Garden
- Enchanted Garden 2
- Eternal Love
- Food Fight
- Football Frenzy
- Fruit Frenzy
- Ghost Ship
- God Of Wealth
- Golden Lotus
- Green Light
- Hairway to Heaven
- Hen House
- High Fashion
- Hillbillies Cashola
- Indiana Jane Loch Ness Loot
- Lucha Libre
- Lucky 8
- Mister Money
- Naughty Or Nice Spring Break
- Naughty Or Nice?
- Nova 7’s
- Orc Vs Elf
- Panda Magic
- Pirate Isle
- Rain Dance
- Red Sands
- Return of the Rudolph
- Samba Sunset
- Sevens & Stripes
- Shark School
- Super 6
- Sweet 16
- Texan Tycoon
- The Big Bopper
- The Naughty List
- The Nice List
- The Three Stooges Brideless Groom
- Tiger Treasures
- Triple Twister
- Voodoo Magic
- Wild Wizards
- Witch’s Brew
On the bright side, you’ll still have the choice of 3, 5 and 6-reel classic and video slots. And there are plenty of fun themes to choose from too, such as Halloween, animals, Rome, Las Vegas, cars, fantasy, fruit, sports, and more.The downside to RTG’s slots is that they don’t have any licensed titles. So, you won’t be able to play slots like Terminator, Jurassic Park or The Dark Knight. I don’t think I’ve seen their progressives get as high as progressives found on Microgaming or Playtech, either.
The games work great, too. I’ve played countless RTG games – for this particular review I played Bubble Bubble and blackjack via their instant play casino. Both games looked great and worked flawlessly.
They run freeroll slots tournaments regularly, too. Right now, I’m looking at a R25000 tournament for the Triple Twister slot machine. You get 5000 free credits to start.
- Blackjack + Perfect Pairs
- Caribbean Hold’em Poker
- Caribbean Stud Poker
- European Blackjack
- Face Up 21
- Let Em Ride Match Play 21
- Pai Gow Poker
- Suit Em Up Blackjack
- Super 21
- Tri-Card Poker
- Vegas Three Card Rummy
So, a couple of things to point out here –
You can view their table games using the All, Caribbean or 21 Games filter. Some RTG casinos have these games listed under their own category, which can be confusing since they’re technically all table games. I like the way Thunderbolt does it.
Also notice all the blackjack variants. This is one of the strong things about RTG software.
It looks like there might be fewer table games than other South African, RTG-powered casino. It’s a good selection as is, and chances are there’s a few more games in the download. But this is all I found in the instant play casino.
- Aces and Eights
- All American Poker
- Bonus Deuces Wild
- Bonus Poker
- Double Bonus Poker
- Double Double Bonus
- Jackpot Poker
- European Slot Poker Joker Poker
- Loose Deuces
- Mystery Bonus Poker
- Pick ’em Poker
- Sevens Wild
- 7 Stud Poker
- Jacks or Better
This is another perk to RTG software – lots of video poker games. Most, if not all of these will be available in 1, 3, 10 and 52-hand variants, too.
- American Roulette
- European Roulette
- Treasure Tree
This is a smaller list of roulette options than I’ve seen from other RTG casinos recently (such as Springbok). Other casinos offered 4-5 variants, and a few even had roulette in its own section. However, there might be another variant or two hiding in their download.
What is their software compatible with?
You can download their software (Windows), use their instant play software (everyone), or play via your mobile device (iOS and Android).
That’s also the order in which the most games are available.
What do we like most about them?
Here are some things that stood out to me:
- They have lots of offers - Between their cashback, daily, weekly and monthly offers, there’s always going to be bonus money to claim – IF you want it. And they have a cashback offer if you don’t.
- They (reportedly) have more than 70 mobile games - This is a huge increase over the past 1-2 years I’ve been reviewing RTG software.
- Their instant play casino worked well when I tested it.
- There are plenty of non-slot games – Table games, blackjack (variants) and video poker (variants).
- They accept bitcoin - This was what I was surprised by most.
What do we like least?
Here are the things I don’t care for:
- They have a weekly cash out limit - Any amount larger than R25,000 may be paid out installments, of which they don’t specify. They also don’t exclude progressive jackpots.
- A 30x deposit + bonus (60x total) rollover is a bit steep - There are plenty of other casinos that offer more reasonable rollovers
- They don’t have any live dealer games - This is unfortunate, considering the popularity of live dealers among the online gambling community.
- There is very little information about their company online - They do a better job of telling you about themselves than their sister casino, Springbok, does. But they don’t tell you about their company. This is the scariest part, as people often like to know who they’re doing business with. It builds trust and rapport.
Do we recommend Thunderbolt Casino to our readers?
Yeah, I think so. But there are a few caveats.
One, if you already have an account at Springbok, there’s no need to sign up here UNLESS you want to claim more offers. Other than that, though, both casinos are pretty much identical.
Two, if you have an account at a Microgaming or Playtech-powered casino, Thunderbolt might leave you feeling a little underwhelmed. I’d only play here if you want to experience RTG games and/or claim more offers.
Three, you’ve got to be able to look past the lack of info. Some people don’t care – they just want to gamble. This is dangerous thinking, in my opinion. But some people are willing to gamble on stuff like that, and in cases such as Thunderbolt, you don’t have much of an option if you want to play here.
That’s your call – I can’t make it for you.
If that all sounds good to you, then yeah, give them a go. I see no reason not to. Create your account now.