UFC Vegas 55 Betting Picks with Predictions for All Fights
I’ve made my predictions for UFC Vegas 55: Holm vs. Vieira ahead of the fights this Saturday, May 21.
Holly Holm and Ketlen Vieira go at it in the main event. Both ladies have one eye on a potential title shot, with the loser certain to fall down the ladder. I’ll be making betting picks for UFC Vegas 55, which will, of course, include the bill-topper.
If you’re looking for UFC Fight Night: Holm vs. Vieira odds, I also have them for you. In addition to all prices for the fights, you will find predictions for every fight on the card.
Looking to make some money betting on UFC Vegas 55? Keep reading and I’ll do my best to help.
All Fight Odds for UFC Vegas 55
UFC Vegas 55 odds are available to browse or take at our top UFC betting sites. But instead of bouncing over to one of those just yet, here’s a look at the latest prices.
- Holly Holm (-250) vs. Ketlen Vieira (+200)
- Michel Pereira (-120) vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio (+100)
- Chidi Njokuani (-220) vs. Dusko Todorovic (+180)
- Jun Yong Park (-205) vs. Eryk Anders (+160)
- Tabatha Ricci (-130) vs. Polyana Viana (+110)
- Joseph Holmes (-195) vs. Alen Amedovski (+165)
- Jailton Almeida (-630) vs. Parker Porter (+450)
- Omar Morales (-160) vs. Uros Medic (+140)
- Jonathan Martinez (-220) vs. Vince Morales (+180)
- Felipe Colares (-170) vs. Chase Hooper (+150)
- Elise Reed (-160) vs. Sam Hughes (+140)
So, just a few short comments before I move on to my predictions for UFC Fight Night: Holm vs. Vieira.
First, what are Holly Holm’s betting odds for UFC Vegas 55 doing at -250? I don’t understand those at all. And while I like to treat every fight as its own entity, I can’t help but shake my head here. Holm is one of the most overrated UFC fighters of all time, and this does tend to have a bearing on her prices.
Does that mean Vieria’s odds to beat Holm are the ones to go for? I’ll be making UFC Vegas 55 picks for that fight a little later. So, stick with me for those.
Elsewhere, there doesn’t appear to be anything majorly strange about the rest of the odds for the UFC this weekend. But that doesn’t mean there aren’t a few sleepers or value picks for UFC Vegas 55 that I won’t be sharing below.
Anyway, let’s preview the main card.
Main Card Picks for UFC Vegas 55
It’s time to get to my betting picks for UFC Vegas 55, or UFC Fight Night: Holm vs. Vieira as it’s also known.
I’ll be breaking down the two main events first before moving on to the other fights on the UFC Vegas 55 card. Let’s take it from the top, starting with Holm vs. Vieira.
Predictions and Betting Pick for Holm vs. Vieira
- Predicted Winner: Holm
- Method of Victory: Decision
I wasn’t crapping on Holly Holm when I pointed out that her price was poor. I was simply pointing out that I wouldn’t take her at those odds for UFC Vegas 55.
But as you can see, I do believe she can win the fight. Even at 40, which is ten years older than her dancing partner, she should do it. Although Holly has never beaten an elite, modern fighter inside the Octagon — unless you consider Ronda Rousey both — this is a winnable fight.
Vieira is very hittable. Although tough and ready, she doesn’t have the power that would make Holm tremble. You can check out her UFC stats to see what I mean. Her ground game, while being solid, isn’t all to write Holm about. I meant home, but I’m feeling in a cheesy pun kind of mood.
More experienced in five-rounders, “The Preacher’s Daughter” will know how to break the fight up into manageable steps and make it a very, very boring fight but one that should go her way.
The betting picks for UFC Vegas 55 to target in this one are Holm to win, which I don’t like, or Holm by decision. If you feel that time might be catching up with her, feel free to look at the odds for Vieira to win on MyBookie. They are offering -105 for Holm on points though. So, play smart!
- Top Pick: Holm by Decision (-105)
Pereira vs. Ponzinibbio Predictions and Pick
- Predicted Winner: Ponzinibbio
- Method of Victory: KO/TKO
The bookies’ odds will influence the predictions and picks for UFC Vegas 55. But not mine.
Although I’ve been majorly impressed with Michel Pereira’s transformation into a patient, cerebral fighter, I think he gets caught out here. While his unorthodox movement could potentially catch the Argentine cold, I’m backing “Gente Boa” to land flush.
While it is true that Ponzinibbio has found it hard in his return to the cage, coming in at 1-2 since breaking a three-year hiatus, he should look good in this one. Pereira is looking for his fifth on the bounce, but I believe that at some point he will drop his guard and get flattened.
Whether you are here for top picks and sleepers for UFC Vegas 55, or just the latter, these odds should appeal.
- Top Pick: Ponzinibbio by KO/TKO (+300)
More UFC Fight Night: Holm vs. Vieira Betting Picks
- Chidi Njokuani Beats Dusko Todorovic by KO/TKO
- Jun Yong Park Beats Eryk Anders by Decision
- Polyana Viana Beats Tabatha Ricci by Decision
Njokuani is a mammoth striker with more power than a V8.
While Todorovic has the skills to beat him, I can’t help but see him get lured into a firefight. One that should go the way of the American, based on grit and fire alone.
Take Jun to beat Anders by decision and Viana to win the same way against her compatriot, Ricci.
Top Prelims Picks for UFC Vegas 55
The prelims card for UFC Fight Night: Holm vs. Vieira has some pretty good fights on it.
Some of these fights could be great options, especially with the odds for UFC Vegas 55 as they are. But if you’re uncomfortable in not knowing some of these guys, be smart with your money. That, or do some background checks on them before you wager.
- Jailton Almeida Beats Parker Porter by KO/TKO
- Joseph Holmes Beats Alen Amedovski by Submission
- Uros Medic Beats Omar Morales by KO/TKO
- Jonathan Martinez Beats Vince Morales by Decision
- Chase Hooper Beats Felipe Colares by Submission
- Sam Hughes to Beat Elise Reed by Decision
Among our top expert tips for betting on UFC fights is doing your research. That applies to every event and is just as important for this one.
Just because these are considered lower-level fights by some doesn’t mean you shouldn’t think hard before making picks for the Holm vs. Vieira card. After all, you might opt to take the path of least resistance when taking UFC Vegas 55 picks for preliminary fights under your belt.
You can find my picks for the undercard, above. All have been heavily mulled over with the right fighter and method of victory, as I see it, taken.
With those covered, it’s time for the best bets for UFC Fight Night: Holm vs. Vieira.
Best Picks for UFC Vegas 55
If you’re looking to make money betting on UFC Vegas 55 picks, I have a few that I’d like to share with you.
Regardless of who you are looking to wager on ahead of this weekend’s card, it’s worth pointing out why I have placed these bets myself. You’ll find a quick summary of my rationale next to my top bets for UFC Fight Night: Holm vs. Vieira.
- Jun Yong Park to Win (-205) – Put simply, Jun is the type of fighter that Anders will struggle with. He does everything very efficiently; he has solid boxing and wrestling which should help to make this a night to remember.
- Holm to Win by Decision (-105) – At close to even money, the odds are attractive. Holm hasn’t scored a KO in five years while Vieira doesn’t pack major power. It’s going to be a snoozefest that makes the judges’ scorecards. Holm typically tends to come out on top when it’s a close one, which is another bonus.
- Ponzinibbio to Win (+100) – Pick up even money with the best apps to bet on UFC fights by taking the Argentine for the win. It’s a solid price but make sure to check out my sleepers for UFC Vegas 55 for even better.
Top UFC Fight Night: Holm vs. Vieira Sleepers and Value Bets
Whether you are gambling for fun or have a vision of making some money, betting value should be at the forefront of your betting picks for UFC Vegas 55.
There is potential dough to be made from straight-up sleepers. But more often than not, you can find value in looking for how a fighter gets the job done. Or, sometimes, in what round or stage of the bout.
- Ponzinibbio to Win by KO/TKO (+300) – I believe these odds to be spectacularly appealing, old chap. There is no way that his odds of KO’ing Pereira should be this high, ergo, we have identified value.
- Njokuani to Beat Todorovic in Round 1 (+300) – Again, great odds. Njokuani has Todorovic on the feet, and won’t want to wait around to tee off those shots. The second of two solid sleeper picks for UFC Vegas 55.
- Hughes to Win by Decision (+200) – I think she has what it takes to get the job done against Reed. I can’t see a stoppage in this fight, so back her as a UFC Fight Night: Holm vs. Vieira sleeper pick to score a decision.
Betting on UFC Vegas 55 – More Options to Consider
Although my predictions and picks for UFC Fight Night: Holm vs. Vieira have all been carefully considered, feel free to do your own research.
After all, you have the choice to ignore what I’m going for and have a shot at making your own picks. If you feel that would be more conducive to success, it’s your call.
BetOnline is another top choice if you’re looking for top prices for the fights. Alternatively, have a look over some of our other recommended UFC betting sites.
Good luck with your bets!