Golden Gate Fields Betting Picks for Thursday, August 13, 2020
The racing schedule at Golden Gate Fields continues on Thursday, August 13, 2020, with seven maiden, claiming, and allowance matches.
The forecast on Thursday for Berkeley, California predicts mostly sunny skies with a 10% chance of rain, temperatures in the upper 70s, and winds around 12 mph.
While I cover the richest races at Golden Gate Fields here, you can always find their complete card of races, including entries, jockeys, and wagering options, at our recommended horse racing betting sites.
Post time for the first race on Thursday is 1:45 PM (PDT). Let’s take a look at my Golden Gate Fields picks, predictions, and tips.
- Post Time: 2:20 PM
- Purse: $30,000
- Type: MAIDEN SPECIAL WEIGHT
- Distance: 1 mile
- Conditions: For Maidens, Three Years Old And Upward.
Race 2 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 Railsplitter, SCRATCHED
- 2 Paradise Forever, A Gomez, 15/1
- 3 Flickering Light, DC Lopez, 2/1
- 4 My Lucky Bid, C Martinez, 10/1
- 5 Barbaroni, Kyle Frey, 9/5
- 6 Friendly Outthedor, W Antongeorgi III, 4/1
Race 2 Prediction and Pick
I like the second-favored (2/1) entry in this race: Flickering Light, with David C. Lopez in the irons. This three-year-old gelding finished in the money two of his three career starts, and Lopez is jockey enough to ensure he puts one in the win column this time.
Race 2 Tip
At 15/1, Paradise Forever, with Alejandro Gomez aboard, is a bit of a wild card in this race. The three-year-old colt had a single start (unproductive) but his workouts are fair-to-middlin’ and Gomez could make the difference here. Certainly worth a show ticket.
- Post Time: 3:24 PM
- Purse: $31,000
- Type: ALLOWANCE
- Distance: 1-1/16 miles (turf)
- Conditions: For Fillies And Mares Three Years Old And Upward Which Have Never Won $10,000 Once Other Than Maiden, Claiming, Starter, Or State Bred Or Which Have Never Won Two Races.
Race 4 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 Mollie O ‘ McEvoy, C Martinez, 5/1
- 2 Our Bold Princess, J Couton, 9/2
- 3 Posh Holly, K Frey, 5/2
- 4 Praise and Honor, F T Alvarado, 3/1
- 5 Fairy Tale Bliss, F Monroy, 7/2
- 6 Mulhima, DC Lopez, 5/1
Race 4 Prediction and Pick
I like the second-favored (3/1) entry in this race: Praise and Honor, with Frank Alvarado at the helm. This three-year-old filly finished in the money two of her three career starts, winning one of them.
Race 4 Tip
No long odds in this race, so our longshot money can take a well-deserved break.
Praise and Honor3/1
- Post Time: 4:56 PM
- Purse: $18,000
- Type: CLAIMING
- Distance: 1 mile (turf)
- Conditions: For Fillies And Mares Three Years Old And Upward Which Have Never Won Two Races.
Race 7 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 Dreaming About You, SCRATCHED
- 2 Rev Ree, K E Orozco, 8/1
- 3 Sunblessed, K Frey, 2/1
- 4 Going to Shabooms, A Gomez, 3/1
- 5 Unchaining Melody, DC Lopez, 8/1
- 6 Lady Phyllis, F T Alvarado, 5/2
- 7 Augure, SCRATCHED
Race 7 Prediction and Pick
My money is on the third-favored (3/1) entry in this match: Going to Shabooms, with Alejandro Gomez in the irons. This three-year-old filly finished in the money eight of her 12 career starts, winning five of them.
Race 7 Tip
After late scratches, I see no longer-odds entries in this race worth the risk.
Going to Shabooms3/1