Best Horse Racing Bets for Tuesday, September 22, 2020
It just occurred to me that all three of the horse racing tracks I’m featuring today allow spectators, so we’re already starting the day off as winners and we haven’t even placed our first bet yet.
If you’re local to Indiana Grand Race Course (Shelbyville, IN), Parx Racing (Bensalem, PA), or Thistledown Racino (North Randall, OH), consider spending an actual day at the races.
Read on for the summary of my predictions, picks, and tips for all three tracks today.
My Predictions for Indiana Grand Race Course
- Race 1: Sent for His Glory 4/1 (win)
- Race 5: Boyfriend Material 8/5 (win)
- Race 5: Land Battle 12/1 (show)
- Race 6: Strong Illusion 9/5 (win)
- Race 6: Crypto Cat 20/1 (show)
I found an underdog to back for the win in race 1—the third-favored, in fact. The next two races, of course, I echoed the morning line’s choices, but I did find a couple of long-odds moneymakers there, particularly a 20/1 longshot in race 6 for a value wager.
Today’s Picks and Tips for Parx Racing
- Race 4: Scatnap 5/2 (win)
- Race 8: Quality Choice 4/1 (win)
- Race 9: Buddy’s Run 4/1 (win)
- Race 9: Wentz 8/1 (show)
Parx Racing today was a veritable gold mine of underdogs, with 4/1 odds on my winners in both race 8 and race 9 to make the bankroll happy. Sorry to say that the small, tight races at Parx today keep long-odds entries out of sight, but I still found a solid 8/1 show bet in race 9.
Best Bets at Thistledown Racino for Tuesday
- Race 5: Here Comes Jigs 7/2 (win)
- Race 6: Spin Doctor 5/2 (win)
- Race 7: I Wanna Win 5/2 (win)
- Race 7: Zulu Legend 10/1 (show)
I liked the third-favored underdog in race 5, but I stuck with the morning line on the next two races. I did find a good 10/1 show ticket in race 7, though, so we won’t have to wear out our sad emojis this time.