Best Horse Racing Bets – Saturday, August 29, 2020
Weekends tend to bring out the stakes races, even in these days of mostly live-spectatorless sporting events, but you can follow the races on any number of media sources, particularly on a day when so many graded stakes are running.
In the meantime, my three choices of tracks are the cream of the crop in that regard: Gulfstream Park, Monmouth Park, and Saratoga Racecourse. Between the three, I get to pick winners and potential long-odds moneymakers from ten separate stakes races. Is this a great country or what?
Incidentally, if the stakes mania today has gotten your wagering juices flowing, you can place bets online with a couple of mouse clicks at any of the top horse racing betting sites.
In the meantime, read on. I promise you’ll find plenty to think about in my horse racing picks and betting tips for today.
Gulfstream Park Best Bets for Saturday
- Race 8: Fulmini 9/5 (win)
- Race 8: Heavenly Blessing 15/1 (show)
- Race 9: Princess Secret 9/5 (win)
- Race 9: Oh Deborah 8/1 (show)
- Race 10: Director’s Cut 5/1 (win)
- Race 11: Breeze On By 6/5 (win)
- Race 11: Top Boss 12/1 (show)
Plenty of wagering opportunities in the four stakes races today at Gulfstream Park. I’ve found winners for each of the four, and some good longer-odds moneymakers in three of them (sorry, race 10). I particularly like the 15/1 show bet in race 8, the Proud Man Stakes.
Here’s a more detailed look at my picks in all the stakes races at Gulfstream Park on Saturday.
Monmouth Park Best Bets for Saturday
- Race 1: Stormy D 5/2 (win)
- Race 4: Jersey Jewel 2/1 (win)
- Race 4: Ask Around 10/1 (show)
- Race 5: Nay Lady Nay 2/1 (win)
- Race 5: Repatriated Gem 15/1 (show)
While I did stray outside the handicap/stakes race boundaries a bit with race 4—a big-purse maiden special weight race—I did also covered ta handicap race (race 1) and the Grade III Eatontown Stakes (race 5). So technically, I’m golden. Okay, gold-ish.
In any case, I found solid long-odds wagers in both the fourth and the fifth races.
Learn more about my picks, predictions, and possibilities for today’s races at Monmouth Park.
Saratoga Racecourse Racing Predictions For Saturday
- Race 3: L’Imperator 5/1 (win)
- Race 3: Irish Mias 12/1 (show)
- Race 7: Youpon 8/5 (win)
- Race 7: Wondrwherecraigis 10/1 (show)
- Race 8: Fortin Hill 6/1 (win)
- Race 9: Cross Border 3/1 (win)
- Race 9: Pedro Cara 10/1 (show)
I also was a bit more skeptical of the morning line at Saratoga, going with the fourth-favored entry in the Saranac Stakes (race 3) and the second-favored in the Sword Dancer Stakes (race 9). I even went off the morning line reservation entirely with my pick of the 6/1 Fortin Hill in race 8. Yes, I am indeed a rebel.
Here’s more in-depth analysis of the Saturday stakes races at Saratoga Racecourse.