Best Horse Racing Bets for Thursday, October 29, 2020
I found plenty of opportunities to make money at all three of the tracks I reviewed for Thursday: Belmont Park, Churchill Downs, and Golden Gate Fields.
If you like winners, you find plenty of them wager-ready at all three tracks. If you enjoy betting longshots to show, well, then, you’ll be equally pleased, particularly at Churchill Downs. Even Golden Gate Fields came through for me, with a 20/1 longshot ripe for a show ticket.
Read on for an overview of my tips and predictions for Thursday, October 29, 2020.
Today’s Predictions for Belmont Park
- Race 2: Panster 5/2 (win, if starts)
- Race 2: Storm Shooter 3/1 (win, otherwise)
- Race 7: Risk Model 5/1 (win)
- Race 8: Shekky Shebazz 7/2 (win, if starts)
- Race 8: Wendell Fong 7/2 (win, otherwise)
- Race 8: Dubini 20/1 (show)
Belmont Park gave us plenty of choices in the top races, including some either-or/turf vs. dirt winners in races 2 and 8. While race 7 gave up a winner and not much else, but that was enough, since I picked the fourth-favored entry to win race 7.
I found two second-favored prospects in race 8 (one of those either-or situations). And race 8 also yielded a possible 20/1 longshot as a money finisher.
Learn more about my picks and tips for Thursday’s richest races at Belmont Park.
Thursday’s Picks and Predictions for Churchill Downs
- Race 6: Attachment Rate 7/5 (win)
- Race 8: Diamond Crazy 3/1 (win)
- Race 8: A. P. Princess 15/1 (show)
- Race 9: Bluegrass Parkway 3/1 (win)
- Race 9: Queens Empire 20/1 (show)
I went with the morning line favorites in races 6 and 9, but the second-favored entry in race 8 caught my eye. More importantly, I found two long-odds moneymakers in races 8 and 9. While I think the 20/1 longshot in race 9 is a profit opportunity, I couldn’t help but notice the 15/1 A. P. Princess was a potential across the board wager.
Find out more about my picks and predictions for today’s richest races at Churchill Downs.
My Thursday Picks for Golden Gate Fields
- Race 3: Posh Holly 9/5 (win)
- Race 3: Mulhima 8/1 (show)
- Race 6: Cartoonist 9/5 (win)
- Race 7: Spun Away 2/1 (win)
- Race 7: Senorita Estrella 20/1 (show)
Golden Gate Fields only scheduled seven races for Thursday, but I found some good long-odds value bets in both race 3 and race 7. For winners, however, I stuck with the morning line’s assessment in all three races.
Find out why I agreed with the morning line at Golden Gate Field for Thursday’s top three races.