Best Horse Racing Bets for Saturday, October 17, 2020
Both Keeneland Race Course and Belmont Park brought us stakes races to enjoy today, including the Grade II Raven Run Stakes at Keeneland and the ungraded Floral Park Stakes at Belmont.
Remember that you can find the full list of races for all the tracks I cover with a visit to one of our top online horse race wagering sites.
Now, read on for the summary of my picks and predictions for Saturday, October 17, 2020.
Today’s Predictions for Belmont Park
- Race 3: Performer 1/2 (win)
- Race 6: Voter Protection 2/1 (win)
- Race 9: Mitchell Road 3/1 (win)
- Race 9: Elle’s Town 20/1 (show)
Among the three races I chose to review at Belmont Park today is the ungraded Floral Park Stakes (race 9), and you’ll see that as with the other two races, I could not argue with the morning line’s math.
I did, however, find a tasty 20/1 longshot in the stakes race with the potential to return dividends on a show wager.
Learn more about my picks and predictions for today’s races at Belmont Park.
Picks for Keeneland Race Course
- Race 5: Great Island 2/1 (win)
- Race 5: Audrey’s Time 20/1 (show)
- Race 8: Spirit Animal 6/1 (win)
- Race 8: Dontblamerocket 2/1 (win)
- Race 8: Bizzee Channel 15/1 (show)
- Race 9: Four Graces 5/2 (win)
- Race 9: Never Forget 20/1 (show)
I found more underdogs to like at Keeneland Race Course, as long as you count my recommendation for the also-eligible fourth-favored (6/1) entry in race 8. I also went with the second-favored Four Graces in race 9—more formally known as the Raven Run Stakes (Grade II).
Best of all, I found solid show wagers in all three of the races I reviewed.
Learn the details behind my choices for Saturday’s races at Keeneland Race Course.
My Picks Today for Golden Gate Fields
- Race 6: Give Me the Lute 8/5 (win)
- Race 6: More Power to Him 15/1 (show)
- Race 7: Champagne Pegasus 7/2 (win)
- Race 8: Premium Forest 5/2 (win)
Golden Gate Fields didn’t have a stakes race for us today, but–well, to be honest, Golden Gate Fields didn’t have an awful lot of anything for us today. I still managed to find two underdog upsets (races 7 and 8) as well as a bargain show bet in race 6, so I guess it wasn’t all bad.
More information about my moneymaking prospects in Saturday’s richest races at Golden Gate Fields.