Best Horse Racing Bets for Thursday, November 5, 2020
I found plenty of underdogs at all three tracks I reviewed for Thursday. Churchill Downs had one, as did Indiana Grand Race Course, but it was at Golden Gate Fields I hit the jackpot with three second-favored underdogs to pick for the wins.
I also found a trifecta at Churchill Downs, and some long-odds moneymakers at all three tracks, something sure to improve our moods (if our moods need improving, that is).
Please note that the full race cards for all three horse racing tracks are available at one of our recommended horse racing betting sites.
Read on for an overview of my tips and predictions for Thursday, November 5, 2020.
Wednesday’s Picks for Churchill Downs
- Race 5: Tempers Rising 2/1 (win)
- Race 5: Tempers Rising, Market Rumor, Enjoyitwhilewecan (trifecta, 3-2-5)
- Race 6: Let’s Skedaddle 3/1 (win)
- Race 6: Sweet Workout 15/1 (show)
- Race 9: Mr. Misunderstood 7/2 (win)
- Race 9: Jasikan 15/1 (show)
The morning line was spot-on for races 5 and 6, but I found a second-favored underdog in race 9 to improve our ROI a bit. Plus, there’s an easy trifecta in race 5 that won’t be too profitable (since it involves the three top morning line choices), all profit is profit, right?
And then, of course, I found two 15/1 moneymakers in race 6 and race 9, which should improve our profit margin a tad. All in all, a good day at Churchill Downs.
Learn more about the moneymakers I chose for Thursday’s richest races at Churchill Downs.
My Thursday Picks for Indiana Grand Race Course
- Race 4: Bull Hollow 3/1 (win)
- Race 4: Draw the Line 10/1 (show)
- Race 5: Field Day 5/2 (win)
- Race 7: Leading the Charge 5/2 (win)
- Race 7: Clearing Waivers 15/1 (show)
I found a second-favored underdog right off the bat in race 4 at Indiana Grand, but the next two races I reviewed required me to back the morning line favorites (since they were most likely to win). I also found a rather weak 10/1 show ticket in race 4, and a better opportunity to make money with the 15/1 entry in race 7.
Get more information about my choices for Thursday wagers at Indiana Grand Race Course.
My Golden Gate Fields Predictions for Thursday
- Race 1: One Eyed Robin 2/1 (win)
- Race 1: Jazz Street 12/1 (show)
- Race 2: Sober 5/2 (win)
- Race 5: Cold Brew Kelly 3/1 (win)
- Race 5: Fictional 20/1 (show)
Golden Gate Fields was good for underdogs, with all three races I reviewed yielding second-favored winners. Plus, I found a 12/1 moneymaker in race 1 and an honest-to-gosh 20/1 longshot in race 5 that should keep our profit margins up.
Learn more about my picks for the Thursday races at Golden Gate Fields.