Best Horse Racing Bets for Saturday, November 14, 2020
Each of the three tracks I reviewed for Saturday’s picks headlined at least one stakes race, so there’s plenty to talk about, even in a summary like this one. Be sure to check out the in-depth picks blogs I did for each of the three tracks (you’ll find links to each below their summaries here).
Let’s get right to my overview of tips, picks, and predictions for Saturday, November 14, 2020.
Saturday’s Predictions for Aqueduct Racetrack
- Race 7: Blue Gator 2/1 (win)
- Race 8: Gone Glimmering 3/1 (win, if starts)
- Race 8: Stone Tornado 2/1 (win, otherwise)
- Race 8: Royal Connection 20/1 (show)
- Race 9: Therapist 5/2 (win, if starts)
- Race 9: Sea Foam 9/5 (win, otherwise)
- Race 9: Ballagh Rocks 12/1 (show)
Two of the Saturday races I reviewed at Aqueduct are ungraded stakes races — the Notebook Stakes (race 7) and the Artie Schiller Stakes (race 9).
I agreed with the morning line in all three races I reviewed, but there are two if-then turf/dirt races (8 and 9), where you’ll note the also-eligibles are listed as “win, if starts”, with each followed by the turf choice as “win, otherwise”.
Just as importantly, I found a couple of longer-odds value bets in races 8 and 9, with a bonafide 20/1 longshot in race 8. Enjoy.
Learn the statistics behind the choices I made in Saturday’s top three races at Aqueduct Racetrack.
My Saturday Picks and Predictions for Churchill Downs
- Race 7: Explorer 5/2 (win, if starts)
- Race 7: Born Great 5/2 (win, otherwise)
- Race 7: Maniacal 50/1 (show, if starts)
- Race 7: Cousin Dario 50/1 (show, otherwise)
- Race 9: Ocean Breeze 8/5 (win)
- Race 9: Champagne Horizon 15/1 (show)
- Race 10: Princess Grace 3/1 (win)
Race 7 at Churchill Downs was practically two separate races, and I have sets of win/show choices for the turf vs. dirt line-ups. This is the first time I’ve found 50/1 longshots in both the turf and the dirt iterations that were actually good value show bets.
Oh, and I picked a second-favored entry to win race 10 — better known as the Mrs. Revere Stakes (Grade II).
Discover more about my picks for Saturday’s richest races at Churchill Downs.
Del Mar Racing Picks and Predictions for Saturday
- Race 6: Secret Touch 3/1 (win)
- Race 7: Preaching Trainer 4/1 (win)
- Race 7: Flip the Coin Jan 12/1 (show)
- Race 8: Queengol 4/1 (win)
- Race 8: Miss Costa Rica 10/1 (show)
I was all about the underdogs at Del Mar Racing for Saturday. I picked the second-favored entries in both race 6 and race 7, while I went with the third-favored entry in race 8, the ungraded Desi Arnaz Stakes.
I also found a couple of minor value show bets: One in race 7 (at 12/1) and another in the Desi Arnaz Stakes (at 10/1).
You can find some hidden tips about my choices for wagering on the races I reviewed for Saturday at Del Mar Racing.