Best Horse Racing Bets for Saturday, March 6, 2021
I chose Aqueduct Racetrack, Santa Anita Park, and Tampa Bay Downs for my Saturday picks for obvious reasons — all three are hosting multiple graded stakes races, and all three are hosting Road to the Kentucky Derby races.
The Road races have entered the stretch of races considered the Championship Series, which offer more qualifying points than the earlier prep races do. The points awarded on Saturday at each of the three tracks will be 50-20-10-5 for the top four finishers in the following races:
- Gotham Stakes (Aqueduct, race 9)
- San Felipe Stakes (Santa Anita Park, race 6)
- Tampa Bay Derby (Tampa Bay, race 11)
With fourteen graded stakes races between three separate tracks, we have a lot of ground to cover, so let’s move on to the summary of my racing picks and predictions for Saturday, March 6, 2021.
Aqueduct Racetrack Predictions for Saturday
- Race 6: Make Mischief 8/1 (win)
- Race 7: Share the Ride 2/1 (win)
- Race 7: Happy Farm 12/1 (show/across the board)
- Race 8: Lake Avenue 8/5 (win)
- Race 8: Halo City 50/1 (show)
- Race 9: Freedom Fighter 5/2 (win)
In races 7 and 8, I agreed with the morning line, but in race 6 (aka the Busher Invitational Stakes), I very much liked the 8/1 underdog, and in race 9, I found the second-favored entry (at 5/2) looked more likely to finish first.
I also found a 12/1 value show bet in race 7 and a gobsmacking 50/1 longshot worth a show bet in race 8. You’re welcome.
Discover the numbers behind my picks and predictions for all four of Saturday’s stakes races at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Saturday’s Picks and Predictions for Santa Anita Park
- Race 1: Going Global 3/1 (win)
- Race 1: Sweetest Angel 12/1 (show)
- Race 6: Life Is Good 4/5 (win)
- Race 8: Brickyard Ride 3/1 (win)
- Race 8: Exaulted 10/1 (show)
- Race 9: Ride a Comet 7/2 (win)
- Race 9: Count Again 12/1 (show)
- Race 10: Maxfield 8/5 (win)
- Race 10: Tizamagician 12/1 (show)
The only stakes race at Santa Anita where I wasn’t in agreement with the morning line was race 8, where I veered slightly over to the second-favored entry (at 3/1).
The real challenge was finding viable show tickets — which I did in races 1, 8, 9, and 10.
Find out why I agreed with the morning line so often in my winning picks for all five of Saturday’s graded stakes races at Santa Anita Park.
My Saturday Predictions for Tampa Bay Downs
- Race 5: Last Judgment 4/1 (win)
- Race 7: Whatmakessammyrun 4/1 (win)
- Race 7: Castle King 20/1 (show)
- Race 9: Counterparty Risk 4/1 (win)
- Race 9: Morning Molly 12/1 (show)
- Race 10: Domain Expertise 3/1 (win)
- Race 10: Mia Martina 8/1 (sleeper)
- Race 10: Queen of the Green 20/1 (show)
- Race 11: Candy Man Rocket 2/1 (win)
I was happy to discover Tampa Bay Downs had plenty of viable underdogs champing at the bit to make our wishes come true.
I found a fourth-favored (at 4/1) entry in race 5 to be the more likely victor in that race, and I likewise fancied the second-favored (4/1) in race 7. And in race 10, I discovered another second-favored entry (3/1) that was more likely to win.
That said, I also found 20/1 longshots worth a show ticket in both race 7 and race 10, while I had to settle on a less remunerative 12/1 value show bet in race 9.
Oh, and don’t forget that 8/1 sleeper I spotted in race 10. Bet that horse however you see fit.
I had to agree with the morning line about the winner of race 11, otherwise known as the Tampa Bay Derby.
Get the details behind my picks and predictions for all of Saturday’s five graded stakes races at Tampa Bay Downs.