Best Horse Racing Bets for Saturday, January 23, 2021
There’s a total of eight stakes races at the three tracks I reviewed for Saturday—Gulfstream Park, Aqueduct Racetrack, and Fair Ground Race Course.
Gulfstream took the prize with its seven graded stakes races, and I reviewed each and every one of those seven for our wagering edification.
Let’s not waste any more time: Read on for the summary of my horse racing picks for Saturday, January 23, 2021.
My Saturday Picks for Aqueduct Racetrack
- Race 1: Maracuja 1/1 (win)
- Race 1: After the Wire/Needacarcalllouie 15/1 (show)
- Race 3: Mr. Buff 9/5 (win)
- Race 8: Chestertown 9/5 (win)
- Race 8: Lost in Rome 15/1 (show/across the board)
I found a lot to like at Aqueduct for Saturday, including a 15/1 show ticket on the coupled entries in race 1, as well as a value show bet that turned into an across the board wager in race 8.
As far as winner go, I stuck with the morning line for races 1 and 8, but found a second-favored underdog in race 3 (also known as the ungraded Jazil Stakes) that should make our bankrolls smile ever-so-slightly.
Learn all the details of my predictions for Saturday’s races at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Saturday Predictions for Fair Grounds Race Course
- Race 3: Magnetism 7/2 (win)
- Race 3: Princess d’Oro 15/1 (show)
- Race 8: Gold Double 8/5 (win)
- Race 9: Flashing Red 6/1 (win)
Fair Grounds Race Course gave us a few underdogs to tout as well as a 15/1 long-odds show bet, so I can’t complain. From the second-favored underdog in race 3 to the fourth-favored (at 6/1) entry in race 9, I couldn’t help but wonder just what Fair Grounds was up to.
Incidentally, when was the last time you saw six horses in the same race, all with morning-line odds of 6/1? Granted, two of them were halves of a coupled entry, but come on!
Find out what’s up with the three richest Saturday races at Fair Grounds Race Course.
Gulfstream Park Predictions for Saturday
- Race 4: Performer 7/5 (win)
- Race 7: Vigilantes Way 7/2 (win)
- Race 7: Lovely La La 20/1 (show)
- Race 8: Heavenly Curlin 9/2 (win)
- Race 8: Irony of Reality 20/1 (show)
- Race 9: Thissmytime 7/2 (win)
- Race 9: Piedi Bianchi 12/1 (show)
- Race 10: Temple 8/1 (win)
- Race 10: Mirinaque 30/1 (show)
- Race 11: Largent 9/2 (win)
- Race 11: Aquaphobia15/1 (show)
- Race 12: Sleepy Eyes Todd 8/1 (win)
- Race 12: Independence Hall 20/1 (show)
Saturday must have just seemed like the right time for Gulfstream to run a 12-race card containing seven graded stakes races, and I can’t disagree. And they could have gone with just the two Pegusus World Cup Invitationals (turf and dirt), but instead, they gave us so much more.
What I liked most about the card was that of the seven stakes races, I found six with solid long-odds show bets and five with realistic underdog prospects. It may never get better than this, and I’m cool with that.
My favorite was definitely race 10—the Grade III W. L. McKnight Stakes—where I found a fifth-favored (at 8/1) entry to tout for the win as well as a juicy 30/1 longshot for one of my patented value show bets.
Get all the details about my picks and predictions for all seven of the stakes races I reviewed at Gulfstream Park for Saturday.