Best Horse Racing Bets for Thursday, January 14, 2021
Fair Grounds Race Course, Gulfstream Park, and Delta Downs were my selected tracks for Thursday’s thoroughbred racing betting reviews.
While the pickings were slim-to-none for value show bets at Fair Grounds and Gulfstream, I did find a number of underdog contenders at those tracks, as well as at Delta Downs, where I also found a sleeper worth not only a show ticket but an across the board wager. Life is good.
Read on for the summary of my horse racing picks for Thursday, January 14, 2021.
Fair Grounds Race Course Picks for Thursday
- Race 2: Unrestricted 6/1 (win, if starts)
- Race 2: Ninety One Assault 8/5 (win, otherwise)
- Race 2: Mageez 12/1 (show)
- Race 6: Victory Boulevard 5/1 (win)
- Race 7: Shades of Truth 3/1 (win)
- Race 7: Sho Nuff 12/1 (show)
Fair Grounds gave us the best of everything for Thursday, including a couple of long-odds value show tickets (races 2 and 7) as well as some underdog contenders in races 2 and 6.
And naturally, race 2 had a turf vs. dirt track if-then choice for us. Because if this was easy, everybody’d be doing it, right?
Learn the statistics that back up my choices for Thursday’s three richest races at Fair Grounds Race Course.
Thursday’s Picks for Gulfstream Park
- Race 3: Trade Deal 2/1 (win)
- Race 7: Don’t Get Khozy 7/5 (win)
- Race 9: Perspire 9/2 (win, if starts)
- Race 9: Crystalle 3/1 (win, otherwise)
The morning line at Gulfstream Park for Thursday was pretty much spot-on for races 3 and 7, although I needed to tout the second-favored underdog in race 9 — and that was only if the also-eligible entry joins the race.
Discover that the devil is in the details when handicapping thoroughbred racing at Gulfstream Park.
My Thursday Picks and Predictions for Delta Downs
- Race 2: Miss Ocean Express 8/5 (win)
- Race 4: Frank the Mayor 3/1 (win)
- Race 4: Bold Thirst 8/1 (show/across the board)
- Race 7: Dodger 5/2 (win)
I got lucky in race 4, where I found not only a good value show bet (albeit at only 8/1 M/L) but discovered that the entry could quite possibly cross the finish line first.
I stuck with the morning line in race 2, but I went with the second-favored entry in race 7.
Learn more about the reasoning behind my choices for Thursday’s richest races at Delta Downs.