Best Horse Racing Bets – Friday, August 28, 2020
Today’s tracks picks and predictions have us crisscrossing the country, from the Bay area over to the Gulf coast and then, for some reason, to New Jersey. Well, as Willie Sutton said: “That’s where the money is.”
For instance, there’s plenty to think about at Golden Gate Fields today, what with the tight, small-field races they’re scheduling—five to seven entries make it hard to find good long-odds betting opportunities.
Then, there’s Gulfstream Park, where scratches and switching from turf to the main track threaten chaos to handicapping.
I even managed to find a decent long-odds wager and an across-the-board gambit at Monmouth Park today.
So read on, and if you need additional info about the races or the tracks, follow the links provided below each track.
Best Bets for Golden Gate Fields on Friday
- Race 3: Ziarah 6/5 (win)
- Race 3: Wicked Old Fashion 6/1 (show)
- Race 5: Songofthedesert 7/5 (win)
- Race 5: Sadie Bluegrass 8/1 (show)
- Race 7: Myangelcindy 2/1 (win)
The morning line odds were spot on at Golden Gate Fields, so I’ve noted those, but you’ll see I found a couple of long-odds show bets to make up the difference.
I’ve also written more in-depth analysis of the Friday thoroughbred races at Golden Gate Fields.
Friday’s Gulfstream Park Betting Tips
- Race 2: Bastien Le Brown 5/2 (win)
- Race 2: Kicks On Sixty Six 15/1 (show)
- Race 5: Restofthestory 8/5 (win)
- Race 5: Trees Thunder 30/1 (show)
- Race 7: Sarasota County 5/2 (win, turf)
- Race 7: Trev 7/5 (win, main track)
There were a couple of good longer-odds wagers to be found at Gulfstream Park, including a potentially juicy 10/1 in race 5—but thank me after you collect on that one, the undervalue on that horse/jockey combo is more slender an edge than I’d like.
Take a closer look at my picks in the races at Gulfstream Park for Friday.
Monmouth Park Picks for Friday
- Race 1: Final Prospect 3/2 (win)
- Race 1: Calculated Risker 5/1 (across the board)
- Race 2: Factoire 5/2 (if running) or Beautiful Grace 7/2 (otherwise) (win)
- Race 2: Super Belle 10/1 (show)
- Race 6: Ogeechee 5/1 (win)
It’s always a joy to find hidden profit opportunities whenever you look beyond the morning line, right? That’s how I look at the picks Monmouth Park offers up today, what with a juicy 5/1 across-the-board in race 1 and an even juicier 10/1 show ticket in race 2.
Find out how I made these choices for Monmouth Park today.