Best Horse Racing Bets for Thursday, February 18, 2021
For my Thursday race picks, I went with Charles Town Races, Fair Grounds Race Course, and Turf Paradise — and I was happy to find a good scattering of underdogs and even a few longshots to tout.
Now, let’s move on to the summary of my racing picks and predictions for Thursday, February 18, 2021.
My Thursday Picks for Charles Town Races
- Race 5: Twisted Stories 9/5 (win)
- Race 6: Prime Lime 5/2 (win)
- Race 6: Lil Miss Fiber 20/1 (show)
- Race 7: Coach Rube 5/2 (win)
- Race 7: Nellysford 10/1 (show)
Charles Town Races turned out to be my favorite track to review for Thursday. For starters, I found two good second-favored underdogs to tout for the win (races 6 and 7).
Then I discovered a 20/1 longshot in race 6 well worth a value show wager — making that 10/1 value show ticket in race 7 just a bit more icing on the cake.
Learn more about my predictions for the three top races at Charles Town Races on Thursday.
Thursday’s Predictions for Fair Grounds Race Course
- Race 2: Summer Palace 2/1 (win, if starts)
- Race 2: Treasury 7/2 (win, otherwise, if starts)
- Race 6: Woman With a Book 3/1 (win, if starts)
- Race 6: Maraud 7/2 (win, otherwise)
- Race 6: Majestic Sign 15/1 (show)
- Race 8: Citizen West 8/1 (win)
Lots of decisions to make while we’re betting at Fair Grounds on Thursday. All three of the races I chose to review are on turf, so of course, to be prepared, we need a fallback MTO pick for the win in case the race moves to the dirt track.
You’ll see variations on that strategy in both races 2 and 6.
On the other hand, race 8 was simple, but please note: That’s a fourth-favored entry I’m picking to win. In all honesty, it was hard not to pick an 8/1 entry — there were five horses the morning line tagged at those odds in race 8.
Oh, and don’t forget that 15/1 value show ticket I found in race 6.
Explore the stats behind the choices I made for the richest three races at Fair Grounds Race Course on Thursday.
Thursday Picks for Turf Paradise
- Race 3: Call Waiting 5/2 (win)
- Race 5: My Golden Boy 7/2 (win)
- Race 7: Sorriso 4/1 (win)
While Turf Paradise yielded no long-odds value bets for us on Thursday, the track was more generous with underdogs, giving us a second-favored entry in race 5 and a third-favored in race 7 — all to keep our bankrolls happy.
Discover the rationales behind my picks and predictions for Thursday’s three richest races at Turf Paradise.