The Best NFL Betting Apps in 2022
If you want to bet NFL football for real money on your mobile device, then you’re going to need an app. But don’t settle for just any app. For the best experience, make sure you use only the best NFL betting apps.
|Rank||Betting Site||Exclusive Bonus||Get Started|
|60% Up To $1,000||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|50% Up To $250||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|125% Up To $2,500||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|100% Up To $500||Visit Site||Visit Site|
|100% Up To $1,000||Visit Site||Visit Site|
The best NFL betting apps allow you to bet on all NFL games. That includes regular season games as well as additional betting markets for the playoffs and Super Bowl, too.
But having a variety of betting options is table stakes. We expect a lot more from our mobile sportsbooks (and you should, too). You’ll learn about all the features we look for and require in the mobile NFL betting apps we recommend in our guide below.
But before we get to that, we want to answer an essential question
Why Use A Mobile App to Bet On the NFL?
Mobile apps are not the only way to bet on the NFL. You could visit a land-based sportsbook or place your bets from your computer, too. But while there is nothing wrong with either of those options, mobile apps have additional features that can make betting on the NFL easier and more convenient.
Portability and Convenience
The number one benefit of using mobile apps for NFL betting is that they’re far more convenient. Here are a few scenarios where the portability of sports betting apps comes in handy.
- Betting odds change regularly. If you think the odds on a particular wager may change before the game begins, you can use NFL mobile betting sites to check the odds whenever you want.
- Your boss asks you to stay late on a Thursday night to help him prepare for a Friday meeting. You can’t use your work computer to place bets, but you can quickly pull out your phone and wager on your favorite teams while your boss isn’t looking.
- While you are tailgating on a Sunday afternoon, you start talking to one of the other fans. They tell you about how a particular player consistently has the most rushing yards. You can use your phone to verify that person’s info and then place a new bet without ever leaving the party.
These are just a few examples, but the point is that NFL betting apps are particularly convenient because you can use them anytime and anywhere.
Push Notifications and Alerts
If you want to bet real money on NFL football games, then you need to have the most current information at your fingertips. Otherwise you risk missing out on a profitable opportunity.
Updates on current betting odds are easy to get when you download the best app for NFL betting to your phone. In addition, downloadable apps allow you to set up push notifications that appear on your phone to alert you of certain things.
The exact notification options will depend on the app. Some examples of possible notifications include the odds for specific wagers, various betting promotions, or when you have won or lost a bet.
However, you can use the email settings to sign up for email alerts with the same information. Then, whenever you see an email with new information, you can quickly navigate to the site to place your bets.
Additional Bonus Opportunities
Most sportsbooks have several bonus offers that are always available. They include welcome bonuses, reload bonuses and referral programs. You can easily take advantage of those bonus offers from your phone when you use one of our recommended NFL betting apps.
On top of those evergreen bonuses, many NFL sports betting apps also have limited-time promotions. Here are a few examples.
- Some sites have odds boosts on particular wagers. These enhanced odds are only available for a few days or hours before the game. Mobile apps make it easy to check for odds boosts at any time, so you never miss out on these offers.
- Free bet bonuses are popular because they pay you back if you happen to lose. However, most sports betting sites only offer free bets for particular occasions, like betting on the Super Bowl. Some apps, like BetOnline, even offer a free bet bonus for using the mobile betting site.
- NFL betting contests allow you to win even more prizes. The more bets you win, the more likely you are to win the betting contest. Betting apps notify you of exciting contests as soon as they become available.
Some of these additional promotions may also be available on the desktop betting site. But you don’t want to wait until you get home to your computer to check for the latest offers.
How to Find the Best NFL Sportsbook Apps
Now that you know why mobile NFL football betting is so convenient, you need to know how to find the best apps for yourself (or, at least, understand why we recommend certain apps over others). There are some features and criteria that you should look for – features and criteria that are evident in any of the betting apps we recommend.
- Variety of NFL Wagers
- NFL gambling apps should have wagers on all NFL games. But, more importantly, they need to accept several different types of bets like moneylines, totals, point spreads, prop bets, and teasers.
- Convenient Banking Methods
- Getting your money to and from your account should not be a hassle. The top mobile apps for NFL football betting offer a variety of banking methods, including credit cards, cryptocurrency, and e-wallets.
- You should be able to bet on the go without worrying about your information getting leaked, hacked, or stolen. Real money mobile NFL betting apps should have security measures and encryption in place to protect your information.
- Competitive NFL Odds
- Different betting apps will have different odds for all their betting options. These apps change their odds often to compete with each other, but you should be able to find an app that consistently has some of the best odds. In fact, we recommend you use two apps for NFL betting so that you can easily compare odds before you place your bets.
- NFL Betting Contests
- Betting contests, including football squares and survivor contests, are a fun way to earn additional prizes. The best NFL betting apps should have a variety of contests available throughout the NFL season.
- Live Betting
- You can bet on the game while it is happening with live betting. Also known as in-play betting, this feature offers up-to-the-minute odds and unique betting options that are not available before the game starts.
- Organized Interface
- It’s crucial for betting apps to organize their site and make it easy to navigate. You may want hundreds of betting options, but you won’t want to have to scroll through all of them to find the bets you are looking for.
Some of these criteria, like security measures and a variety of betting options, are non-negotiable. Mobile apps that don’t have those features are not worth your time. Other features, like live betting and football betting contests, will depend on your personal preferences.
About Our Top-rated NFL Gambling Apps
You don’t have to search through hundreds of betting apps to find the one that works best for you. We have already researched, tested, and rated the best NFL sports betting apps and narrowed down our top-rated apps to the following five.
BetUS – Top App for Live Football Betting
BetUS is one of the best overall gambling apps available. It’s a safe mobile site that offers both sports betting and casino games, but the sportsbook is the best part. You can bet on more than 20,000 different betting markets, with various games updated daily.
The live betting feature on the BetUS app makes it easy to bet during the game. It allows you to separate your bets by which quarter or half of the game they happen in. You can also see valuable information displayed at the top of the live betting screen that will help you keep tabs on what’s happening in the game.
BetUS is one of the best football betting apps for anyone, but it will especially appeal to people looking for live betting options.
BetOnline – Top Football Betting Contests
BetOnline is one of the most modern football betting apps available. Its updated design includes several navigation menus that make it easy to find the bets you are looking for.
Taking advantage of promotions and contests is one of the best parts of using the BetOnline mobile app to bet on the NFL. In addition to several welcome bonuses, BetOnline also has multiple free bet promotions and reload bonuses.
Their contests page is full of betting tournaments with prize pools that range from $5,000 to half a million. They constantly have a variety of contests to choose from, so if you’re looking for a betting app with lots of football betting contests, BetOnline is the best choice for you.
MyBookie – Easy To Navigate Betting App for NFL Fans
MyBookie.ag is a fantastic sportsbook that has all the features you might be looking for. Whether you want to use a bet builder, find the best odds, or enjoy live betting, this site has it all.
We especially like how easy it is to use the MyBookie mobile app for betting on the NFL. They know that the NFL is one of the most popular betting leagues, so they make it easy. There is an NFL link right on the top of the betting app home page. Click that button to go directly to the latest NFL betting markets.
You can also use the NFL menu button to sort through different NFL betting categories. For example, you can find bets on the Super Bowl, division championships, playoffs, and regular season games.
The convenient navigation menus and variety of betting options make MyBookie one of the best NFL betting apps available.
SportsBetting – Most Trusted NFL Betting App
SportsBetting.ag is one of the oldest all-in-one gambling sites in the US. It has been operating since 2003. The site had some issues with paying customers in 2011 because of turmoil in the US online gambling market.
Fortunately, BetOnline bought the company out and agreed to pay all of its customers. Since then, SportsBetting has had a flawless reputation for paying its customers and offers a secure mobile sports betting experience.
We’ll admit that their betting app is a little outdated. But if you’re looking for an excellent football betting app with a reputation for security, Sports Betting is an excellent choice.
Bovada – Best NFL App for Cryptocurrency Users
Bovada is undoubtedly one of the best mobile betting apps in the US. It’s one of the most trusted betting sites because it has never been involved in any scandals.
This app wants its customers to use cryptocurrency banking because it’s the easiest banking method for American bettors. So, Bovada has started offering incentives for cryptocurrency users.
In addition to getting deposit bonuses, you can also sign up for the Bitcoin-exclusive membership. It offers special rewards, including additional comp points and other bonuses for people who consistently use crypto banking.
Of course, Bovada couldn’t be the best if it didn’t have excellent betting options. Use the convenient drop-down menus to find whatever college and NFL football betting markets you are looking for quickly.
How to Use These Apps to Bet on NFL Games
Finding the best NFL betting apps won’t do you much good if you don’t know how to use them. Fortunately, it isn’t difficult to figure out.
For one thing, it’s important to understand how to access betting apps for the NFL and how to make sure they will work with your device. We’ll cover all that in this section and offer a step-by-step guide to getting started.
Mobile Sites vs. Downloadable Apps
First of all, you need to understand that there are two different ways to access real money NFL sports betting apps. You can either download a native app, or you can visit a mobile gambling site. Here are some of the differences between the two options.
|Downloadable Apps||Mobile Betting Sites|
|Requires Download and Updates||Yes||No|
|Accessed Through Internet Browser||No||Yes|
|Requires Wifi or Data Connection||Yes||Yes|
|Require Device Storage||Yes||No|
|Enable Push Notifications||Yes||No|
As you can see, all these differences relate to how the app or site interacts with your phone. Downloadable apps take up storage space, while mobile sites use the internet browser instead.
When it comes to the actual betting part of the app, you willl not notice any differences.
Both downloadable apps and mobile betting sites allow you to bet on every NFL game, collect bonuses, make deposits, and request withdrawals. Every feature that the app has available on the desktop site will also be available on either a mobile site or a downloadable app. For example, if the sportsbook offers live betting, you can use either format to bet live from your phone.
NFL mobile betting sites are far more common than downloadable apps because they’re easier for the sportsbook to create. For that reason, downloadable NFL betting apps are rarer, but are still available from a few online sportsbooks.
You might be wondering whether our recommended NFL football betting apps will work on your iPhone or Android. Well, good news – no matter what kind of device you have, you’ll be able to find a betting app that works for you.
How to Start Betting NFL Football on the BetUS App
It’s easy to get started with NFL football betting on mobile. We’re going to show you how using BetUS. We like BetUS because they offer loads of football markets and features such as live betting. They’re also offering a 100% match bonus up to $2,500 which you can use on their sportsbook app.
Click the button to the left to get the BetUS app now (and follow along), or the link below to read our BetUS review.
Read BetUS Review →
Click the JOIN or SIGN UP button to create your account. A box will pop up that allows you to put in your information, including your name, address, phone number, email, and birthday. BetUS needs this information to confirm that you are who you say you are, and so that they know where to send your winnings.
Once your account is created, you can log in and visit the BetUS app’s cashier. Choose the banking method you want to use and then enter the amount you want to deposit. Then you can follow the on-screen instructions to enter your necessary financial information.
While you’re making your first deposit, you will see a promo code box. Make sure to enter bonus code JOIN125 in that box to collect the 125% match bonus that will get you more than $3,000 to use in the mobile sportsbook and casino. Want a different bonus? Then check out our BetUS bonuses page to discover all the bonuses and promotions BetUS is currently offering.
After your deposit has been processed, you can click the sportsbook and navigate to the NFL betting options. Choose the wagers you want to add to your bet slip, enter the amount you want to risk, and then click place your bets! That’s all there is to getting started with NFL betting on your mobile device. We used BetUS as our example, but the process will be the same no matter which NFL football betting app you use. Here are a few of our other recommended betting apps.
You can also find more recommendations on our football betting apps page.
Expert Picks for Mobile NFL Betting
Knowing how to access and use NFL mobile betting apps is just the beginning. You also need to know which team or player you should bet on to win the most money. While we can’t offer any guarantees, we do have handicappers on staff who gather all sorts of data to pick the best NFL bets from week to week.
Check out our latest picks to find out why we think specific bets are worth risking on and which ones are too much of a stretch.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I legally bet on the NFL on mobile devices?
AUnfortunately, we’re not lawyers, so we’re in no way qualified to say whether using the NFL betting apps we recommend is legal for you. However, the sportsbooks that run the apps are properly licensed in the jurisdiction in which they operate out of.
We recommend getting in touch with an expert or lawyer about the online gambling laws in your state to find out whether you can bet sports for real money online.
- Why can’t I access the top betting apps in New Jersey/Nevada/Pennsylvania?
ASome states have different sports betting laws that complicate the process. Because of those laws, some NFL betting apps restrict players from certain states and don’t allow them to access their apps.
If you can’t access one app, you might want to give the others a try. Many of our recommended betting apps accept customers from all 50 states.
- What other apps can help me bet on the NFL?
AThere are plenty of other apps that offer game stats, live streaming, and other information that can be useful for mobile NFL betting. Here are a few of our recommendations.
- Yahoo Sports is the best app for watching NFL games on your phone.
- Live Scores and Odds is a sports betting companion app that allows you to compare betting odds from several different betting sites.
- The NFL App is the best resource for getting data, watching games, and keeping track of NFL news. However, you may have to pay for a subscription to use some of its services.
- Which NFL betting apps have no restricted states?
ASome NFL betting apps restrict players from specific states because of the state’s gambling laws. However, some real money apps with NFL betting accept players from all 50 states. A couple examples include BetUS, BetOnline, and SportsBetting.ag
- Which is the best NFL betting app for Android?AMost online sportsbooks have betting apps that are compatible with both Android and iOS devices. Instead of looking for an app that is particularly the best for your device, look for an app that meets your betting preferences. That is the best way to find the best betting app for you.
- Can I download mobile betting apps for free?AYes. All the NFL betting apps we recommend are free to download and access. You only have to pay if you want to place wagers for real money. The money you deposit into your account will only be used to cover the cost of your wager.
Some betting apps have fees for deposits and withdrawals, but other than that, you should not have to pay anything to be able to access sports betting apps.
- Can I use these apps to bet on other sports and leagues?AYes. All the apps we recommend are full sportsbooks that allow you to bet on a variety of sports and leagues from around the world. If you want to bet on football, consider betting on the NCAAF or Canadian Football League.
You can also bet on soccer, hockey, basketball, baseball, volleyball, and dozens of other sports.
- Why are your recommendations different from other recommendation sites?AIf you have compared our recommendations to other sites, you may notice that we choose different sites than some of the other recommendation pages. Of course, the differences depend on which pages you are comparing to, but there are a couple of possible explanations.
First of all, we are very selective about the betting apps we recommend. We never accept money in exchange for positive reviews, and we only recommend sites we are willing to use ourselves.
Another reason you may notice different apps for NFL betting is that some sites only recommend apps that are location-specific. We always recommend betting apps that can be used across the US, but these other apps are sometimes only available in particular states.
- Can I bet on the Super Bowl using these NFL betting apps?AAbsolutely. All the apps we recommend post their Super Bowl futures a year in advance. They also offer game-specific betting lines once the Super Bowl teams are announced.
You can also check out this page for a list of top-rated Super Bowl betting sites or this one for our recommended Super Bowl betting apps if you’re looking to specifically bet on the NFL Super Bowl.
- Should I bet with an NFL team’s official betting partner?ASome NFL teams have official betting partners that they advertise for. They make money based on how many people choose to use that betting app. Instead of basing your decision on which app is paying your favorite team, we suggest you choose an NFL betting app that matches your preferences.