Super Bowl Betting Guide for 2022
For the thrills, spills, and jaw-dropping spectacle, nothing on earth beats watching the Big Game – EXCEPT for winning real money BETTING on the Super Bowl.
But how do you DO that? How do you bet on the Super Bowl online? And how do you win money betting on the Big Game? Isn’t that something only professional sports bettors can do?
Not at all. Anyone can bet on the Super Bowl and win – even you. We’re going to show you how to get started and how to make the best bets in this Super Bowl betting guide. Here’s what we’re going to cover.
Latest Super Bowl Betting Odds
|Tampa Bay Buccaneers||+525||+700||+750||+550||–||–|
|Kansas City Chiefs||+650||+450||+450||+400||+120||–|
|New England Patriots||+650||+1400||+2000||–||–||–|
|Green Bay Packers||+750||+375||+375||+350||–||–|
|Los Angeles Rams||+1200||+1000||+1000||+750||+200||-200|
|Los Angeles Chargers||+2800||+4000||–||–||–||–|
|San Francisco 49ers||+5000||+4000||+2200||+1000||+400||–|
|Washington Football Team||+10000||–||–||–||–||–|
|Las Vegas Raiders||+15000||+10000||+5000||–||–||–|
|New Orleans Saints||+20000||+17500||–||–||–||–|
|New York Giants||+100000||–||–||–||–||–|
|New York Jets||+400000||–||–||–||–||–|
CLICK TO SEE MORE
These are the latest odds to win Super Bowl 56, courtesy of BetOnline. We’ll update these odds every week or two leading up to the Big Game, so you might want to bookmark this page for easy access. Otherwise, you might miss out on some easy opportunities to win money betting on the Super Bowl.
You see, Super Bowl odds change quickly and often in the postseason. For example, the odds for the Buffalo Bills to win are +1,000 during the week of 12/12/2021. But the next week their odds could drop to +500, and then +300 the following week.
Why does that matter? Well, during the week where their odds to win the Super Bowl were +1000, you’d be poised to win $1,000 for every $100 you risked. The very next week your potential profit would drop to $500 – all because you waited a week to place your bet.
The point we want to make is that, if you have a strong opinion about who will win the Super Bowl in 2022, it’s a good idea to place that bet now. Because the odds will only get tighter – you will have to risk more money for less potential profit – the closer we get to the Big Game.
Don’t worry. You don’t HAVE to place your bets early to win money. In fact, we’re going to show you other ways to make money from your bets throughout the rest of this Super Bowl betting guide. Let’s start with a few predictions from our own expert handicappers.
Our Predictions to Win Super Bowl 56
Our experts and writers here are eagerly anticipating the 56th edition of the Big Game. With this year’s matchup finally set between the Los Angeles Rams and Cincinnati Bengals, here are our updated Super Bowl 2022 predictions.
- Noah Davis | Pick: Los Angeles Rams
- While the emergence of Joe Burrow and the Bengals feels oddly similarly to Tom Brady’s rise over two decades ago, this has admittedly felt like the year of the Rams. Tried as I could to fight it, I’m now giving in to Matthew Stafford’s rise to elite quarterback status, and a seemingly favorable matchup with the Bengals gives Sean McVay a real shot at his first title in his second bid. The Rams were preseason Super Bowl 56 favorites, and we probably should have embraced it all along.
- Anthony Haage | Pick: Los Angeles Rams
- Don’t get me wrong, I am big on the Bengals moving forward. But the Rams are absolutely all in on this year and could pull it off. The Bengals have a weaker offensive line, which should have Aaron Donald, Von Miller, and Leonard Floyd foaming at the mouth. That paired with the Rams’ high flying offense, will make it very difficult to beat them in literally their home stadium.
- Adam Haynes | Pick: Cincinnati Bengals
- We enter China’s Year of the Tiger on February 1, 2022. For the superstitiously inclined bettor looking for a sign of why the Bengals will win Super Bowl 56, that just might seal the deal. The more rational mind might instead point to the stellar tactical nous and man-management skills of Zac Taylor — and the star power of Joe Burrow — as better reasons to bet Cincinnati. With no San Francisco 49ers awaiting them at their third attempt to win a Super Bowl, it feels as though it’s written in the stars. Bet you wished you took those +15000 odds? You’re not alone.
- Dan Vasta | Pick: Los Angeles Rams
- In the youngest coaching matchup in Super Bowl history, the Bengals and Rams should put on a show. Von Miller and Aaron Donald could make the Bengals one-dimensional and be able to pin their ears back and harass Joe Burrow. The Bengals are one of the more intriguing young teams to reach the Super Bowl. Being able to host this game certainly gives the Rams an edge. Matthew Stafford and Cooper Kupp should connect early and often like they have all season. The Bengals could be back soon, but they will grow from their unbelievable postseason ride.
- Nick Sterling | Pick: Los Angeles Rams
- The Los Angeles Rams have too many weapons on both sides of the ball. Cooper Kupp and Aaron Donald are unstoppable. I think the Rams defense slows down Joe Burrow to win Super Bowl 56.
Again, we recommend taking the best odds for the Super Bowl when you see them but, at the same time, exercising caution when it comes to lines that look too good to be true.
Either way, if you’re ready to bet on the Super Bowl now, here’s how you can get involved.
Where to Bet on Super Bowl 56
Variety, they say, is the spice of life. This proverb holds water when it comes to choosing your sites to wager on football, and especially when you’re ready to bet money on the Super Bowl in 2022.
When it comes to the top sportsbooks for Super Bowl odds and bets, it’s crucial to remember that you have options. And you should make good use of the choices available to you. The following sites are where we recommend you start first.
Top Site for Super Bowl 56 Odds
Planning on betting on the Super Bowl for real money? If so, the first step is to ensure you’re getting the best odds possible. One of our top sites for the best lines is BetOnline.
Multiple teams are hunting for the Lombardi, with prices ranging from the sweet to the obscene. Naturally, the longshot odds for Super Bowl 56 might entice some wilder bettors, while the more conservative odds are consistent with the form of the top teams involved.
They’re a 100% safe, legal, and reliable sportsbook with great odds, but there is more than what meets the eye at BetOnline.
The site has Super Bowl 56 bonuses for football bettors, as well as a great range of payment methods. Add in some top customer support and a wide range of betting markets and you now have access to a complete package.
For these reasons, we recommend BetOnline, but especially if you’re looking for a betting site with high odds for Super Bowl 56.
Best Site for Super Bowl Prop Bets
You could make a strong case for many of our recommended sites having the best props for Super Bowl 56. Still, MyBookie emerges from a healthy pack of competitors as the sportsbook of our choice. From pre-game prop bets for the Super Bowl to in-game wagers, this online betting site covers all the bases.
- Pre-Game Props – Bet on the coin toss, or how long the national anthem will last.
- In-Game Props – Make your selections from the leading prop bets for Super Bowl plays, rushing yards, first touchdown, most sacks, and more.
- Halftime Props – Take your pick of the best props from a stellar lineup for the Super Bowl 56 halftime show featuring Eminem, Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre, Kendrick Lamar, and Mary J. Blige.
- Broadcasting Props – What will the commentary team say? What won’t they say? The options are limitless.
- Commercial-Related Props – Get your hands on Super Bowl 56 props for commercials that will run before, during, and immediately after the broadcast.
Sounds good, right? And it gets better than this. This list of prop bets is a drop in the bucket compared to all the props MyBookie offers. So, if you’re interested in Super Bowl prop betting, then click the link below to visit MyBookie now.
Leading Super Bowl Betting Site for Bitcoin
This year we’re anticipating more requests for Super Bowl betting sites with Bitcoin. The good news is that there are plenty of sites to choose from. If you want our recommendation for the top sports betting site for Bitcoin, or any other cryptocurrency, it’s Bovada.
Highly regarded as one of the best sportsbooks to bet on football with real money, this site attracts plenty of Bitcoin gamblers. So much so that Bovada offers bonuses and promotions specifically for crypto bettors. That includes a Bitcoin bonus for the Super Bowl.
With a wide range of markets, excellent site design, and some of the best odds for football online, these guys are well worth checking out. If you’re keen to learn more, you can read our impartial review of Bovada’s sportsbook. Or, alternatively, head on offer to the site to see what’s on offer.
Super Bowl LVI – More Trusted Betting Sites
Again, most sites tend to specialize in an area. Few if any sites have it all. That’s why we recommend exploring all the options available to you. Doing so can increase your chances of winning money betting on the Super Bowl online, as you’ll have access to numerous odds, markets, and other features.
Here’s a look at a few more of the best Super Bowl betting sites that we recommend AND plan on using ourselves in 2022.
All the sites for betting on Super Bowl 56 that we recommend are 100% safe and trustworthy. We never recommend sites that have not been fully vetted or passed our rigorous testing. It’s also crucial to us that we recommend sites that offer the full package – a variety of betting markets, competitive odds, and generous bonuses.
If you want to learn more about how we rank the top sites for betting the Super Bowl online, and find more legitimate bookmakers, then check out the following page.
How to Bet on the Super Bowl Online
If you’re ready to bet on the Super Bowl for real money, the first thing you’re going to need to do is sign up for a sportsbook account. How do you do that? We’ll walk you through each step below.
Joining an Online Sportsbook
Your first step is to choose the sportsbook you want to use online Super bowl betting. We recommend BetUS for their variety of lines, props, and futures. Their mobile app is top-notch, too. Create an account with them today and you’ll be eligible to claim a welcome bonus worth as much as $2,500.
Read BetUS Review →
Find and click on the JOIN or SIGN UP button, and then fill out the details on the next page. That includes your name, birthdate, address, and phone number.
Nearly every sportsbook offers a betting bonus for new customers. If you enter JOIN200 in the PROMO CODE field on the deposit screen, you’ll receive a 200% match bonus up to $2,500. You can use up to $1,875 of this in the sportsbook.
That’s all there is to it. You now have a betting account with money in it. All that’s left for you to do is start making your bets for the Big Game. Keep in mind that while we used BetUS as an example, the steps to joining an online sportsbook will be the same regardless of whether you join BetUS or one of our other recommended sites below.
Using Bonuses for Super Bowl Betting
We briefly mentioned bonuses while walking you through the sign-up process, but because there are so many football promotions out there, we wanted to dedicate a section to them in our Super Bowl betting guide.
- Welcome Bonus: The top welcome bonuses for the Super Bowl will typically offer a 100% match on your first deposit.
- Existing Customer Offers: One of the best marks of an excellent sportsbook is that they look after their existing customer base, too. Luckily, many of our recommended Super Bowl betting sites offer incentives to players that have signed up before the big game.
- Bitcoin Bonus: If you’re placing wagers on the Super Bowl with Bitcoin, or other cryptocurrencies, many of the sites we recommend will have a special bonus for you.
- No-Risk Super Bowl Bet: Like the offers above, some bookies also like to reward new and existing customers with no risk bets. In other words, if your bet loses, either part of, or your full stake, will be refunded.
The most eye-catching of the offers above will essentially be the leading welcome bonuses for this year’s Super Bowl. Every sportsbook we recommend offers one. All you need to do is create an account and make your first deposit to claim it. Just make sure you read the bookmaker’s terms and conditions before you do so that you know what you’re signing up for.
How to Bet Money on the Super Bowl
Now that you know how to join a sportsbook, add money to your account, and the types of betting promotions you can claim, you’re ready to place your bets on the Super Bowl. This is dead-simple to do.
Say our expert is looking to bet $100 on Tampa Bay to win the Super Bowl. A $100 bet at odds of +550 will net a profit of $550 if the Buccaneers win the game. The stake will be reclaimed too, making the total return $650.
To make a similar bet, simply choose the team you think will win the Super Bowl and add your stake. The bet slip will show you how much you’re wagering, how much you can win, and the total return if your Super Bowl predictions are right. If everything looks good, then hit the “Bet” button.
That’s all there is to placing a wager on the Super Bowl.
Now, the example we showed you is a straight bet, but there are many other types of Super Bowl bets you can make. What we want to do next in this Super Bowl betting guide is walk you through some of the most common options you can expect to find at our recommended sportsbooks.
Different Types of Super Bowl Bets You Can Place
As one of the world’s most popular gambling events, expect to be showered with markets ahead of the big game. Of course, the best bets for Super Bowl 56 are subjective. Some love wagering on the winner, while others prefer to go for the spread. Many enjoy the various props and novelty bets, with a fair amount of punters making Super Bowl picks across a wide range of different scenarios.
Let’s look over what will be the top bets for the Super Bowl in 2022.
- Futures: These bet types are limited as they’re targeting future events (hence the name). The most popular Super Bowl future is who will win the game.
- Moneyline: This bet involves picking the team you think will win on the day. Let’s say Team A and Team B both make the big game. The odds could look something like Team A (-115) and Team B (+105). If you pick Team B to win, you will make a $105 profit for a $100 bet.
- Spread Betting: To be successful betting Super Bowl spreads, you need to beat the spread rather than predict who wins. As one side is deemed to be stronger than the other, the bookies will put the former at a virtual disadvantage that will even things out.
- Over/Under: Also known as totals, over/under bets are another great way to enjoy real money Super Bowl betting. There are many types of totals bets you can make, including passing yards, touchdowns, rushing yards, sacks, and more. The most popular over/under bet is for the point total at the end of the game.
- In-Game Props: This includes outcomes based on the game that doesn’t fit into the types of bets above. A couple examples include highest scoring quarter, total touchdowns per team, most PATS scored, first team to score, most sacks, and first player to score a touchdown.
Futures and moneylines are the most straightforward types of bets for the Super Bowl. You can start placing these bets a year before the game starts – usually immediately after the LAST Super Bowl was played.
But some bettors might find those boring. If you want something a bit more exciting, you might consider finding some fun Super Bowl props to bet on.
Fun Props for the Super Bowl
If you have bet on the Super Bowl for real money in the past, chances are you’ve come across a variety of prop bets. We covered a few examples of in-game props above, but there are many other prop bets you can make that have almost nothing to do with the game itself. Here are a few examples.
- The Gatorade Shower – From the color of the Gatorade to the position of the player, you’ll find plenty of markets for this one.
- Field Invasions and Other Fan Props – From fans attacking the field, fighting, or even proposing during the game, the options are endless.
- President Props – Will President Biden tweet during the game? Perhaps he might even show up for the Super Bowl? Either way, you can bet on it.
These markets are popular with bettors. However, it’s the Halftime Show prop markets in 2022 that are likely to catch the most attention. You can read about some of the best of them below.
Super Bowl Betting Tips from the Experts
We’ve walked you through how to bet and where to bet on the Super Bowl. We’ve looked at the top wagers and provided you with a good, firm look at the top markets. Now it’s time to talk about some tips for betting the Super Bowl that can make you some money.
Don’t Hang Around While Odds Shorten
The closer we get to the postseason, the shorter the odds become.
While that might be the understatement of the century, it’s true. It can pay dividends to clamp on early value as the season draws to a close, but those with a greater inclination toward how teams are progressing pre-Super Bowl can make significant profits.
The sooner you bet, the better odds you are likely to get. If you’re reading this with just days to go until kickoff, it will be little help. However, when the next season rolls around, you certainly won’t forget it.
Pay Attention to Team News and Injuries
The absence of a star quarterback or team leader can be devastating to a team’s chances of winning the Super Bowl. Not only does it affect key plays; it can also have a detrimental effect on morale. Morale influences individual performances which can pretty much shape the final score.
When it comes to Super Bowl betting strategy, the key is to get the best value in the odds you take. Of course, the golden ticket you think you have in your hand will not look as shiny if your team has been littered with injuries and low morale.
How do you keep up with all that information, though? Here are a couple of websites that should help you out.
Remember, you can always prepare to offset your exposure once you know what’s going on. Even if the star man drops out hours before kickoff. Just make sure you’re following football news sites, podcasts, and everything in-between to get that information as soon as you can.
Look for Value in a Quarterback for MVP
It would be dumb to suggest that anyone other than a quarterback will win the Super Bowl MVP. As the game progresses, the coveted QB role becomes more integral. Strategically, everything runs through the hands of the quarterback.
Here’s a look at the last 15 Super Bowl MVP winners. Let’s see if you notice any trends.
|2022||Tom Brady (Tampa Bay)||21-of-29 – 201 yards – 3 TDs||QB|
|2021||Patrick Mahomes (Kansas City)||26-of-42 – 286 yards – 2 TDs||QB|
|2020||Julian Edelman (New England)||10 catches – 141 yards||WR|
|2019||Nick Foles (Philadelphia)||28-of-43 – 373 yards – 3 TDs – 1 TD reception||QB|
|2018||Tom Brady (New England)||43-of-62 – 466 yards – 2 TDs||QB|
|2017||Von Miller (Denver)||Six tackles – 2.5 sacks – 1 Pass Defended||LB|
|2016||Tom Brady (New England)||37-of-50 – 328 yards – 4 TDs||QB|
|2015||Malcolm Smith (Seattle)||INT for TD – Fumble recovery – 10 tackles||LB|
|2014||Joe Flacco (Baltimore)||22-of-33 – 287 yards – 3 TDs||QB|
|2013||Eli Manning (NY Giants)||30-of-40 – 296 yards – 1 TD||QB|
|2012||Aaron Rodgers (Green Bay)||24-of-39 – 304 yards – 3 TDs||QB|
|2011||Drew Brees (New Orleans)||32-of-39 – 288 yards – 2 TDs||QB|
|2010||Santonio Holmes (Pittsburgh)||9 catches – 131 yards – 1 TD||WR|
|2009||Eli Manning (NY Giants)||255 yards passing – 2 TDs||QB|
|2008||Peyton Manning (Indianapolis)||247 yards passing – 1 TD||QB|
CLICK TO SEE MORE
That’s right. Eleven of the past 15 MVPs were quarterbacks. With that in mind, here’s a betting example for you to think about.
During the regular season, we have witnessed the likes of Tom Brady, Josh Allen, Aaron Rodgers, and Dak Prescott lead the way. By that logic, if the Bucs, Bills, Packers, or Cowboys make it to Inglewood, the MVP will likely be one of the four guys above.
If you can find a market early on for the star man to be a quarterback, you have some thinking to do.
There Is No Substitute for Experience
Form in both the regular and post-season are indicators of how a team MIGHT perform on the big day. But it’s easy to forget that once the floodlights shine, many players collapse under the pressure.
For example, who can forget Cam Newton folding like wet paper in Denver’s 24-10 win over the Panthers in 2015? Newton came into that game as the 2015 NFL MVP only to register a season-low completion percentage (43.9) and passer rating (54.6).
You can argue that the calls were blatantly dumb, but Newton just did not stand up to the pressure. Unlike Peyton Manning, who has been to the Big Game before.
Younger players that have been in the cauldron and folded can certainly learn from past mistakes. But don’t go throwing your family heirloom on the team that enters the competition with the supposed shining star. Instead, back trusted winners to perform when available.
Avoid Reckless Props
If you’re looking for ways to win money betting on the Super Bowl, it might be tempting to back Eminem to open the Halftime Show with My Name Is.
The odds for bets like this are good. But if you are serious about winning your bets, do you think playing a guessing game is the way forward? Prop bets for the Super Bowl are always fun. But are you willing to pump hundreds of dollars down on what is essential — and sometimes, quite literally — the flip of a coin though?
Why do that when you can use NFL betting strategy to help you win bets that make sense? We’re not saying you can’t make money from the props for Super Bowl LVI. We love some of them!
We’re just saying not to go crazy.
Bet Live on the Super Bowl
We’ve all been in a sticky position where we have made a decision we later regret. The worst part is when you’re halfway through, knowing that the final product is going to suck. Thankfully, these days we can avoid such scenarios by betting in-play on football. Not only does this feature allow us to hedge bets, but it also gives us more control over the game itself.
Just be cautious. As helpful live Super Bowl betting can be, it can also cost you if abused.
- Often Better Odds
- Helps to Capitalize on Early Trends
- More Markets to Choose From
- Provides More Contol Over Bets
- Wider Margin for Error
- Can Lead to Reckless Gambling
- More Opportunities to Lose More Money
- Have to Move Fast to Place Bets
More Helpful Advice for Betting on the Super Bowl Online
We’re about to wrap up our Super Bowl betting guide. There’s no doubt that we’ve given you plenty of advice you can use to make more cash from your wagers. We’re still not done yet, though.
Our in-house experts have compiled tons of crucial betting advice over the years. Much of this insight can help you win even MORE money betting the Super Bowl – but only if you follow it to the letter. Here’s what we recommend you start with first.
- Main Sports Betting Guide
- The Basics of Betting on Football
- Football Betting Strategy for Beginners
- What Changes the Outcome of Football Games?
- Using Stats in Football Betting
- How to Use Trends in Football Betting
- Betting for Value on Football Games
- Best Football Betting Tips for Beginners
- Easiest Football Betting Strategies To Start With
Super Bowl FAQs
- Is It Legal to Bet on Super Bowl 56?
AWe’re not lawyers, so we’re unable to say for sure whether YOU can bet on the Super Bowl. We recommend you speak to a qualified professional for the answer to your question. You can also read about the gambling laws in your area.
- What Time Does the Broadcast for Super Bowl LVI Begin?
ACoverage usually starts around 2pm EST, but this is subject to change. Traditionally, the game kicks off between 6:30pm and 6:40pm.
- Where Can I Bet on the Super Bowl from Outside the US?
AThe good news is there are sportsbooks with Super Bowl betting opportunities available to players around the world. Most betting interest comes from the United States, but you should have no problems finding Super Bowl markets available at sites like Betway, 10Bet, and 888.
- Who Will Play in the 2022 Super Bowl?
AThat has not been determined yet. We will update you when the final two teams have been declared.
- What are the Best Bets to Make on the Super Bowl?
- Are Super Bowl Betting Bonuses Worth It?
AYou’ll have no problem finding a Super Bowl bonus or free bet to take advantage of. Most of the sportsbooks we recommend will have them. At the very least, they’ll have their standard welcome and reload bonuses for new and existing customers.
- How Do I Bet the Super Bowl on Mobile?
Aor a mobile responsive website that you access using your mobile web browser. MOST sportsbooks will have a mobile responsive website.
The sites we recommend on this page all have excellent mobile betting options. You can find more on our guide to the best Super Bowl betting apps. In that guide, you’ll also learn about what to expect betting-wise on mobile, mobile exclusive bonuses, and more.