Will Rogers Downs Picks for Wednesday, May 20, 2020 – Free Horse Racing Betting Tips
Will Rogers Downs has ten maiden, allowance, and claiming races slated for Wednesday, May 20, 2020.
Great weather continues in Claremore, Oklahoma, with the forecast calling for mostly sunny skies, a slight (10%) chance of rain, temps in the mid-70s, and mild winds around 4 mph.
While I cover the top three races here, you can always find a complete list of Will Rogers Downs races, entries, odds, and wager options at our top-rated horse racing betting sites.
Post time for the first race at Will Rogers Downs on Wednesday is 1:15 PM (CDT). Let’s get started with the predictions, picks, and tips.
- Post Time: 2:45 PM
- Purse: $23,760
- Type: MAIDEN SPECIAL WEIGHT
- Distance: 1 mile
- Conditions: For Accredited Oklahoma-Breds Maidens, Fillies And Mares Three Years Old And Upward
Race 4 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 Badaddatud, T Cunningham, 8/1
- 2 Goingtobe Pleasant, J R Eads, 30/1
- 3 Itsagruffwhirl, O Sanchez, 20/1
- 4 Olive County, F Amparan, 30/1
- 5 Juliard Honor, F Wethey, Jr., 5/2
- 6 Do You Bileve, T Kennedy, 6/1
- 7 Luckily, K S Tohill, 12/1
- 8 Ain’t No Fool, A B Ramos, 10/1
- 9 Vantabulous, A Triana Jr., 8/1
- 10 Jollyville, R Eikleberry, 2/1
Race 4 Prediction and Pick
I’m going with the 2/1 favorite in this maiden race: Jollyville, ridden by veteran Ry Eikleberry. This five-year-old mare has two career starts with one in the money.
Race 4 Tip
At 12/1, Luckily, with Ken Tohill aboard, represents a possible investment opportunity. This four-year-old filly has but two career starts, with one money finish.
- Post Time: 3:15 PM
- Purse: $27,500
- Type: ALLOWANCE
- Distance: 1 mile
- Conditions: For Three Year Olds And Upward
Race 5 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 Gold Buyer, S E Bermudez, 20/1
- 2 Hunka Burning Love, D Cabrera, 2/1
- 3 Downtowner, L D Goncalves, 5/1
- 4 Chris and Dave, F Wethey, Jr., 4/1
- 5 Sorryaboutnothing, O Sanchez, 15/1
- 6 Dame Plata, R Eikleberry, 4/1
- 7 Miltontown, T Kennedy, 3/1
Race 5 Prediction and Pick
I like Ry Eikleberry’s mount, the third-favored (4/1) Dame Plata, in this race. This four-year-old gelding has 55 career starts, 34 money finishes, with 12 of those being wins. Incidentally, if you think Dame Plata is a strange name for a boy, you’re pronouncing it wrong.
Race 5 Tip
Not a longshot, but the 5/1 Downtowner, with Leandro Goncalves aboard, has potential. Try 19 career starts and 12 money finishes (with six of those wins). You like? Me, too.
- Post Time: 5:15 PM
- Purse: $26,400
- Type: ALLOWANCE
- Distance: 6 furlongs
- Conditions: For Accredited Oklahoma-Breds Three Year Olds And Upward Which Have Never Won A Race Other Than Maiden, Claiming, Starter Or Which Have Never Won Three Races
Race 9 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 Rookie Season, F Wethey, Jr., 3/1
- 2 Covington Quality, G Steinberg, 8/1
- 3 Wil of Fortune, G Herrera, 6/1
- 4 Starward, S E Bermudez, 30/1
- 5 Swagattack, J R Eads, 30/1
- 6 Word to the Wise, R Eikleberry, 6/1
- 7 Pretty Special, O Sanchez, 30/1
- 8 Speaker Van, D Cabrera, 7/2
- 9 Criminal, A B Ramos, 5/2
Race 9 Prediction and Pick
My money is on the third-favored horse (7/2) in this race, Speaker Van, with David Cabrera in the irons. Despite the outside post position, this four-year-old gelding’s eight career starts with three money finishes points strongly to a win for him, as do Cabrera’s admirable wins/WPS stats.
Race 9 Tip
I don’t see any long-odds entries in this race worthy of your longshot money, so save it for a rainy day.
If you’re interested in more betting opportunities of all kinds, hit up our betting picks blog.