Will Rogers Downs Picks for Monday, May 18, 2020 – Free Horse Racing Betting Tips
Will Rogers Downs continues its schedule of thoroughbred racing in Claremore, Oklahoma with a 10-race card on Monday, May 18, 2020 that includes the distaff More Than Even Stakes with a purse of $55,000.
Finally a break in the rain for Will Rogers Downs with the forecast for Monday calling for sunny skies with a 10% chance of precipitation, highs in the mid-70s, and mild winds around 8 mph.
I cover the stakes race along with two other big-purse matches here, but you can always find a complete list of Will Rogers Downs races, entries, odds, and wager options at one of our recommended horse racing betting sites.
Post time for the first race at Will Rogers Downs on Monday is 1:15 PM (CDT). Now, let’s get on with my predictions, picks, and tips.
- Post Time: 2:15 PM
- Purse: $26,400
- Type: ALLOWANCE
- Distance: 1 mile
- For Accredited Oklahoma-Breds Three Year Olds And Upward Which Have Never Won A Race Other Than Maiden, Claiming, Starter Or Which Have Never Won Three Races.
Race 3 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 Centergee, A Triana Jr., 6/1
- 2 Owen the Great, J A Medina, 12/1
- 3 Valentine Guy, R Eikleberry, 8/1
- 4 Swannyland, G Herrera, 10/1
- 5 Kent’s Bet, T Cunningham, 20/1
- 6 Like a Cowboy, K S Tohill, 30/1
- 7 Southgate, F Wethey, Jr., 3/1
- 8 Lord Stratton, C Kimes, 6/1
- 9 Big Game Hunter, B C Landeros, 4/1
- 10 Dont Tell Noobody, D Cabrera, 5/1
Race 3 Prediction and Pick
I like the third-favored horse (5/1) in this race, Dont Tell Noobody with veteran David Cabrera aboard. This three-year-old gelding’s record is brief but meaty, with five career starts and two money finishes—both of them wins.
Race 3 Tip
Take a look at the 8/1 moneyline Valentine Guy, ridden by Ry Eikleberry. Good post position, solid though sparse record of five starts, with two money finishes. Keep the deed to the farm in your pocket, but a fiver on the nose wouldn’t hurt.
Dont Tell Noobody5/1
- Post Time: 3:45 PM
- Purse: $22,000
- Type: ALLOWANCE
- Distance: 1 mile
- For Three Year Olds And Upward Which Have Never Won Two Races Other Than Maiden, Claiming, Starter, Or Oklahoma State Bred Allowance Or Which Have Never Won Three Races.
Race 6 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 Taruca, K S Tohill, 2/1
- 2 Got Mojo, G Herrera, 30/1
- 3 Coach Adams, A Triana Jr., 6/1
- 4 Drifting West, C Kimes, 4/1
- 5 Kenai Bob, R Eikleberry, 12/1
- 6 Bow and Arrow, D Cabrera, 8/1
- 7 Sonic Jet, G Steinberg, 30/1
- 8 Afleet Sniper, L D Goncalves, 15/1
- 9 Momma’s Baby Boy, F Wethey, Jr., 5/1
- 10 Parched, T Kennedy, 8/1
Race 6 Prediction and Pick
Hard to find fault with the 2/1 moneyline favorite in this race, Taruca, ridden by Ken Tohill—so I won’t. With 29 career starts, 20 money finishes, seven of them wins, the pole position is just icing on the cake.
Race 6 Tip
I think Kenai Bob, with Ry Eikleberry aboard, is undervalued here at 12/1. Kenai Bob has 15 career starts, 10 finishes in the money, two of them wins. It could happen.
RACE 9 – More Than Even Stakes
- Post Time: 5:15 PM
- Purse: $55,000
- Type: STAKES
- Distance: 1-1/16 miles
- For Accredited Oklahoma-Bred Fillies And Mares, Three Years Old And Upward.
Race 9 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 Country Daisy, K S Tohill, 4/1
- 2 She’s All Wolfe, L D Goncalves, 12/1
- 3 Seeing Double, B C Landeros, 20/1
- 4 Dicey, A Triana Jr., 20/1
- 5 Spring Steen, T Kennedy, 7/2
- 6 Keena, R Eikleberry, 10/1
- 7 Inagoodway, D Cabrera, 9/2
- 8 Tic Toc Toccet, G Herrera, 30/1
- 9 She’s Shiney, J A Medina, 8/1
- 10 Lady Orchid, F Wethey, Jr., 8/1
- 11 Okie Queen, C Kimes, 6/1
Race 9 Prediction and Pick
I see this as a photo-finish between the second- and third-favored horses in this stakes race–Country Daisy, ridden by Ken Tohill, and Inagoodway, with David Cabrera aboard. Both horses have very solid career stats, and both jockeys are among the top earners at Will Rogers Downs. I’m going to go with Country Daisy because of that pole position.
Race 9 Tip
If you can’t resist a longshot, you might want to place a very modest win bet on Tic Toc Toccet with journeyman jockey Gustavo Herrera aboard. At 30/1, Tic Toc Toccet is undervalued, with 24 career starts, 14 money finishes, seven of them wins.