||50% Up To $250||Visit Site||Bovada Sports|
||125% Up To $2,500||Visit Site||BetUS|
||100% Up To $1,000||Visit Site||MyBookie|
||100% Up To $500||Visit Site||Everygame|
||60% Up To $1,000||Visit Site||BetOnline Sports|
Los Alamitos Picks for Saturday, May 9, 2020 – Free Horse Racing Betting Tips
Los Alamitos brings us La Pacifica Handicap Stakes and eight other thoroughbred and quarter horse races in its schedule for Saturday, May 9, 2020.
The weather at Los Alamitos for Saturday looks pretty mild, with partly cloudy skies, temps in the mid-70s, 10% chance of rain, and winds around 12 mph.
Remember that while I cover a portion of the Los Alamitos race card here, you can always find the complete list of races, entries, and wager options by visiting the top horse racing betting sites.
Post time for the first race at Los Alamitos for Saturday, May 9, 2020, is 6 PM (PDT).
- Post Time: 6:28 PM
- Purse: $12,000
- Type: MAIDEN
- Distance: 1,000 yards
- Conditions: For Maidens, Three Years Old And Upward
Race 2 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 Christmas Gold, M Arana, 10/1
- 2 Acclamation King, J A Allen, 6/1
- 3 He’salittlewildcat, E K Rojas Fernandez, 15/1
- 4 Twirling the Gold, R Guce, 5/1
- 5 Big Fast Cat, F Orduna-Rojas, 20/1
- 6 Eurodollar, J E Sanchez, 10/1
- 7 Slew the Waters, A W Locke, 20/1
- 8 Autism Impact, E Payeras, 2/1
- 9 Palm d’Oro, L V Bednar, 5/2
- 10 Malibu Morning, H R Lopez, 20/1
Race 2 Prediction and Pick
I’m going with the 2/1 favorite in this race, the three-year-old Autism Impact. His jockey—Edgar Payeras—has a short but impressive win/WPS record, and Autism Impact has performed well in workouts.
Race 2 Tip
Consider placing a modest bet on the 10/1 longshot Eurodollar—mostly because this five-year-old gelding is ridden by Juan Sanchez in this race, and Sanchez has an even more impressive record (albeit brief) than Payeras.
- Post Time: 7:24 PM
- Purse: $22,000
- Type: ALLOWANCE
- Distance: 1,000 yards
- Conditions: For Three Year Olds And Upward
Race 4 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 Spanish Hombre, V Bednar, 4/1
- 2 Restless Rambler, R Guce, 5/2
- 3 Chrisiscookin, F Orduna-Rojas, 15/1
- 4 Outlaw, V J Flores, 6/1
- 5 Malibu Bay, J E Sanchez, 15/1
- 6 Love Your Life, E Hernandez, 5/1
- 7 Sokudo, E Payeras, 7/2
- 8 Tap the Wire, M V Donoe, 6/1
Race 4 Prediction and Pick
In this thoroughbred field of mostly six- and seven-year-olds, the horse that stands out for me is the third-favored Spanish Hombre at 4/1, with Vinnie Bednar aboard. This gelding has 26 career starts, with 14 finishes in the money, six of them wins. Also, he has the pole position. Maybe not a cakewalk, but my Magic 8-Ball says “Definitely.”
Race 4 Tip
I don’t see any of the longer-odds competitors getting anywhere near the finish line before one of the three favored horses in this race, so let’s move on.
RACE 9 – La Pacifica Handicap Stakes
- Post Time: 9:44 PM
- Purse: $30,000
- Type: HANDICAP STAKES
- Distance: 350 yards
- Conditions: Fillies, Three Years Old
Race 9 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 All Prettied Up, A R Cervantes, 10/1
- 2 Terra Fire, E Nicasio, 6/1
- 3 Javelina Cantina, O M Peinado, 6/1
- 4 Suite Expectations, J Rangel, 3/1
- 5 One Sweet Change, O Andrade, Jr., 10/1
- 6 Southern Wagon, J M Nicasio, 2/1
- 7 Fashin Icon, R Lozano, 4/1
Race 9 Prediction and Pick
I’m going with the favorite in this race, Southern Wagon. Both the favorite and the second-favored in this quarter horse handicap stakes have virtually identical career stats—11 starts, 7 money finishes, three of which were wins. What sets them apart? Southern Wagon at 2/1 is ridden by Jose Nicasio, and Suite Expectations at 3/1 is ridden by Jairo Rangel. Both jockeys have about the same number of rides, but Jose Nicasio’s wins/WPS percentages are significantly better.
Race 9 Tip
Alas, neither of the 10/1 fillies impress. The longest I’d want to go here is on Terra Fire, ridden by Eduardo Nicasio, but the 6/1 odds hardly make the wager worth the effort.
To find additional wagering opportunities, check out our previews and betting picks blog.