Free Horse Racing Picks for Will Rogers Downs on Monday, April 13, 2020
Will Rogers Downs in Claremore, Oklahoma continues this week with its Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday schedule of thoroughbred races. The weather for Monday, April 13, 2020 is expected to be overcast with a high of a cool 49 degrees.
Their April 13th card features ten races, and the three richest ones are those that I’m going to take a closer look at. Incidentally, if you want to follow my tips with a wager, you should check our recommended horse racing betting sites.
Here are my Will Rogers Downs picks for today.
- Post Time: 2:15PM (CDT)
- Purse: $25,080
- Type: OKLAHOMA ALLOWANCE
- Distance: 6 furlongs (dirt)
- For Oklahoma Bred Fillies And Mares Three Years Old and Upward Which Have Never Won Two Races.
Race 3 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 BILLIE G, Adrian B. Ramos, 5/1
- 2 ZAPIT, J. Eads, 2/1
- 3 JUSTABOUTRIGHT, B. Landeros, 3/1
- 4 MIGHTY HEIDI , A. Triana Jr., 8/1
- 5 EUTYCHIA, O. Sanchez, 8/1
- 6 SHANGHAI SALLY, C. Kimes, 5/2
Race 3 Prediction and Pick
It might be hard to see what’s so special about Zapit that makes her the favorite to win this race. She’s only finished first once in her four career races—but that was at the Oklahoma Classics Lassie Stakes at Remington Park in October of 2019. And her other finish in the money was a third in another stakes race, the Slide Show Stakes, also at Remington.
Jason Eads will be aboard for this run, so what’s not to love? Sure, Shanghai Sally and Justaboutright are the other favored ladies in this race, but only because of the small size of the field—neither has been particularly impressive in earlier runs.
- Post Time: 4:15PM
- Purse: $19,800
- Type: MAIDEN SPECIAL WEIGHT
- Distance: 6 furlongs
- For Maidens, Three Years Old.
Race 7 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 PAUL WITH ALL, L. Luzzi, 7/2
- 2 BAPTISM, C. Kimes, 15/1
- 3 WILKY G, D. Cabrera, 4/1
- 4 TOTALLY TIGER, R. Eikleberry, 8/1
- 5 STEELDRIVER, K. Tohill, 20/1
- 6 I DUB THEE, Adrian B. Ramos, 15/1
- 7 MAYFAIR HEIGHTS, L. Goncalves, 5/1
- 8 ROYALLY, Jose Medina, 15/1
- 9 CENTERGEE, A. Triana Jr., 6/1
- 10 EURO SURPRISE, F. Wethey, Jr., 8/1
- 11 PRAY FOR JAKE, J. Eads, 12/1
Race 7 Prediction and Pick
Wilky is the favorite for this race, with Paul With All a close second for no apparent reason—he’s only pulled a single second-place finish in his three career races so far. For this race I’m going with a different horse entirely: Totally Tiger, ridden by Ry Eikleberry.
Totally Tiger has run most of his races on California tracks, and I’m not saying he had stiffer competition in California than he’ll find in Oklahoma, but yeah, he’ll have an easier time at Will Rogers Downs.
- Post Time: 5:15PM
- Purse: $20,900
- Type: ALLOWANCE
- Distance: 5 1/2 furlongs
- For Fillies And Mares Three Years Old and Upward Which Have Never Won A Race Other Than Maiden, Claiming, Starter, Or Oklahoma State Bred Allowance or Which Have Never Won Two Races.
Race 9 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 SMOKED PAPRIKA, Adrian B. Ramos, 12/1
- 2 TULLE, L. Luzzi, 7/2
- 3 BOSTON CADILLAC, D. Cabrera, 12/1
- 4 MOONSHINE MILDRED, A. Triana Jr., 30/1
- 5 NEW YEARS LOVE, F. Wethey, Jr., 4/1
- 6 EREBUNI, T. Kennedy, 6/1
- 7 TWISTED EMOTIONS, A. Court, 20/1
- 8 EXPENSIVE LESSON, L. Wade, 20/1
- 9 LUNERA, L. Goncalves, 20/1
- 10 SHALLOW RIVER, C. Kimes, 6/1
- 11 VALLESTINA, Eikleberry, 3/1
Race 9 Prediction and Pick
We’re seeing a lot of migratory action in Oklahoma as California horses are seeking more receptive climes than the closed gates of Los Alamitos, Golden Gate, Santa Anita, and Del Mar. And speaking of Ry Eikleberry, he’s aboard this race’s favorite, Vallestina, a six-year-old mare who’s finished first in three of her ten career races—all run on California tracks.
Could this be a second win for Eikleberry? I think so, but if you don’t agree, then slap $2 or so on Tulle, a five -year-old mare with an equally impressive record on midwestern tracks.