Free Horse Racing Picks and Tips for Will Rogers Downs on Wednesday, April 22, 2020
This will be the last Wednesday of racing for Will Rogers Downs; it changes up its Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday schedule next week with a Monday-Tuesday-Saturday lineup through the end of April and on through most of May.
The weather forecast for Will Rogers Downs on Wednesday is not a cheery one—100% chance of thunderstorms, with the high in the mid-60s and the wind at 15 mph.
While I’ve studied three of the richer races for Wednesday at Will Rogers Downs, remember that you can always find the complete list of races, entries, odds, and wager options at one of these top sites for betting on horse racing.
In addition to my Will Rogers Downs tips and picks for today, I’ve also provided horse racing betting tips for races at the following tracks.
- Post Time: 2:15 PM (CDT)
- Purse: $12,100
- Type: STARTER ALLOWANCE
- Distance: 1 mile
- Conditions: For Fillies And Mares Three Years Old And Upward Which Have Started For A Claiming Price Of $7,500 Or Less In 2019 – 2020
Race 3 Runners and Odds Forecast
- Soaring Now, L J Luzzi, 10/1
- Seynatawnee, R Eikleberry, 12/1
- Crazy Sexy Munny, F Wethey, Jr., 4/1
- Miss Perfecta, D Cabrera, 7/2
- Reachreachreach, T Kennedy, 2/1
- Wirewirewire, O Sanchez, 20/1
- Mulberry, L D Goncalves, 5/2
Race 3 Prediction and Pick
The moneyline says Mulberry is the favorite, so who am I to argue? Seriously, Mulberry is far and away the winningest horse in this field, and I’m sticking with that, despite the fact that three of my favorite jockeys are riding other horses. Also, Leandro Goncalves is no slouch in the jockey department.
- Post Time: 3:45 PM
- Purse: $17,050
- Type: CLAIMING
- Distance: 6 furlongs
- Conditions: For Three Year Olds And Upward
Race 6 Runners and Odds Forecast
- Alexandros, L D Goncalves, 4/1
- Catale Storm, J R Eads, 20/1
- Euramaster, L Wade, 15/1
- Got My Mo, A Triana Jr., 6/1
- Just Blaze, K S Tohill, 8/1
- Kats Second Silver, D Cabrera, 3/1
- Trapalanda, R Eikleberry, 5/2
- Hold for More, F Wethey, Jr., 12/1
- Chatterman, T Kennedy, 10/1
Race 6 Prediction and Pick
I think Trapalanda, even with Ry Eikleberry aboard, is overrated in the moneyline for this race. There are two other horses with better win records than Trapalanda, whose only apparent advantage over them is a better starting position. Both Chatterman and Hold for More have 10 or more wins in their careers, and I suspect this experience will come into play against the field. In fact, I’m going with Chatterman.
- Post Time: 5:15 PM
- Purse: $20,900
- Type: ALLOWANCE
- Distance: 6 furlongs
- Conditions: For Fillies And Mares Three Years Old And Upward Which Have Never Won A Race Other Than Maiden, Claiming, Starter, Or Oklahoma State Bred Allowance Or Which Have Never Won Two Races
Race 9 Runners and Odds Forecast
- Twisted Emotions, A Pusac, 15/1
- Miss Lein, K S Tohill, 20/1
- Morgan’s David, D Cabrera, 7/2
- Diva de Kela, L D Biehler, 15/1
- Majestic Queen, L J Luzzi, 4/1
- Ghosted, L D Goncalves, 5/1
- Daisy Can, F Wethey, Jr., 12/1
- Can’t Touch This, R Eikleberry, 12/1
- Angel’s Cut, L Wade, 12/1
- Vallestina, T Kennedy, 3/1
- Susie Derkins, A Triana Jr., 20/1
Race 9 Prediction and Pick
Vallestina may be the moneyline favorite, but I’m going with Angel’s Cut with Lindey Wade aboard. Why? Because Angel’s Cut has a similar yet marginally better start record than Vallestina does.