Free Horse Racing Picks and Tips for Remington Park on Friday, May 1, 2020
Remington Park in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, continues with a 10-race card of mixed and quarter horse matches for the evening of Friday, May 1, 2020.
The forecast for Oklahoma City says it’s going to be partly cloudy on Friday, with a temp around 90 degrees, a zero percent chance of rain, and winds around 17 mph.
You can find all the Remington Park races for Friday, May 1, 2020, including entries, jockeys, trainers, and wagering options, with a visit to one of these recommended horse racing betting sites.
My Remington Park picks and tips for Friday follow below.
- Post Time: 6:27 PM
- Purse: $15,700
- Type: CLAIMING
- Distance: 330 yards
- Conditions: For Accredited Oklahoma-Bred Three Year Olds And Upward Which Have Never Won Two Races
Race 2 Runners and Odds Forecast
- Separate Lashes, R Ramirez, 5/2
- Hailofanimage, C R Smith, 5/1
- Envogue, B Ernst, 12/1
- Ivoreemoon One, D A Torres, 20/1
- Sheza Just Zoomin, C R Esqueda, 12/1
- Torretto, J Klaiber, 10/1
- Dashing Rattler, R A Valenzuela, 8/1
- One Sweet Candy, R Raudales, 4/1
- SFS Blood Rush, J Dominguez, 6/1
- Mjsguerita, J Pulido, 10/1
Race 2 Prediction and Pick
With the favorite horse (5/2) in the pole position and a veteran jockey like Ricky Ramirez in the irons, I’m going to stick with Separate Lashes, who has had eight careers starts, five of them money finishes.
Race 2 Tip
SFS Blood Rush has nearly as good a record as the favorite, but at 6/1 doesn’t get nearly the moneyline love. Ridden by Jonathan Dominguez, this five-year-old gelding may have a surprise in store.
- Post Time: 8:15 PM
- Purse: $16,300
- Type: CLAIMING
- Distance: 250 yards
- Conditions: For Accredited Oklahoma-Bred Three Year Olds And Upward Which Have Never Won Three Races
Race 6 Runners and Odds Forecast
- Eagle Earl, A Alvidrez, 15/1
- The Candy Girl Can, J Pulido, 3/1
- The Foose Goose, J A Flores, 12/1
- Be a Hero, B R Packer, 4/1
- Junos Sign, C A Guillen Chacon, 5/1
- Invisible Pyc, R Raudales, 6/1
- Valiant Amigo, A Silva, 8/1
- Ms Jetta B, C Wainscott, 15/1
- Lickedy Spit, J M Romero, 20/1
- Capis Annie Up, R Ramirez, 10/1
Race 6 Prediction and Pick
The Candy Girl Can is the 3/1 moneyline favorite, but I like the filly Junos Sign at 5/1, ridden by newer jockey Carlos Antonio Guillen Chacon in this race.
Race 6 Tip
Valiant Amigo at 8/1, with Agustin Silva in the irons, has nearly as good a starting record as the favorites, so it might be worth a two-dollar flyer.
- Post Time: 9:35 PM
- Purse: $13,600
- Type: ALLOWANCE
- Distance: 350 yards
- Conditions: For Three Year Olds And Upward Which Have Never Won A Race Other Than Maiden, Claiming, Starter, Or Trial Or Which Have Never Won Two Races
Race 9 Runners and Odds Forecast
- Laser Cut, R A Valenzuela, 12/1
- All Aboard, S Smith, 6/1
- Separate Party, J Pulido, 8/1
- I Am Valiant, J A Flores, 5/2
- Southern Sunshine, J Torres, 9/2
- Racy Secret, Y Amaro, 15/1
- Fast Flash Gordon, C R Smith, 12/1
- Giddy Up, G Gutierrez, 10/1
- Apollitical Snow, M Delgado, 3/1
Race 9 Prediction and Pick
Once again, I am eschewing (gesundheit!) the favorite in this race, going instead with third-favored Southern Sunshine (9/2), ridden by Jorge Torres. Southern Sunshine has moneyed in all six of her career starts, with two of them wins.
Race 9 Tip
Racy Secret won her first three starts back in 2018—then spent the next year or so following most of the other horses. Is she ready to go back to work? At 15/1 moneyline odds, Racy Secret, piloted by Yordanis Amaro—well, my magic 8 ball says “For two bucks? Sure, why not?”
I regularly provide my horse racing betting picks. You can find those, as well as previews and predictions for soccer, football, esports, baseball, basketball, and much, much more in our picks and previews section. Here are the other race meets I’ve covered for Friday.