Free Horse Racing Picks and Tips for Oaklawn on Thursday, April 30, 2020
Oaklawn continues its thoroughbred racing schedule on Thursday, April 30, 2020, with a 9-race card featuring a variety of maiden and claiming races.
The weather forecast for Hot Springs, Arkansas, calls for mostly sunny skies, temps in the upper 70s, a slight chance of rain, and 8 mph winds.
You can find Oaklawn’s complete 9-race card for Thursday, along with entries, jockeys, trainers, and wagering options, at one of these top sites for betting on US horse racing.
Post time for the first race at Oaklawn for Thursday, April 30, 2020, is 1:05 PM (CDT).
- Post Time: 2:35 PM (CDT)
- Purse: $60,000
- Type: MAIDEN SPECIAL WEIGHT
- Distance: 1-1/16 miles
- Conditions: For Maidens, Fillies And Mares Three Years Old And Upward
Race 4 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 Cherokee Maiden, M Garcia, 3/1
- 2 Hashtag Winner, O Mojica, 20/1
- 3 Sense You Left, T J Thompson, 30/1
- 4 Irish Intuition, D Cohen, 10/1
- 5 Malibu Marlee, L S Quinonez, 6/1
- 6 Alittlebitofsmarty, K E Bedford, 50/1
- 7 Honorable Memory, R Santana, Jr., 6/1
- 8 Flashy Biz, J Rocco, Jr., 15/1
- 9 Kizzy B, J Talamo, 9/2
- 10 Shazzy B, F De La Cruz, 7/2
- 11 Pretti Xtreme, A L Canchari, 15/1
- 12 Garden Affair, W De La Cruz, 12/1
- 13 Soothing, T Baze, 8/1
- 14 Visual Magic, E Lara, 6/1
Race 4 Prediction and Pick
While the favorite in this race is Cherokee Maiden (3/1), ridden by Martin Garcia and with the pole position, I’m going to have to go with her closest competitor, Shazzy B (7/2), with Fernando De La Cruz aboard. Shazzy B has the same number of money finishes as the favorite, but it only took her three career starts to accomplish that versus Cherokee Maiden’s eight career starts.
Race 4 Tip
For a tidy longshot win, I like Honorable Memory at 6/1, ridden by Ricardo Santana Jr. She’s been in the money for four of her five career starts and has done well in the longer breezes at both Oaklawn and Keeneland.
- Post Time: 4:38 PM
- Purse: $62,000
- Type: ALLOWANCE OPTIONAL CLAIMING
- Distance: 1 mile
- Conditions: For Fillies And Mares Four Years Old And Upward Which Have Never Won $15,000 Three Times Other Than Maiden, Claiming, Starter, Or State Bred Or Which Have Not Won $40,000 Other Than Maiden, Claiming, Starter, Or State Bred Since November 30, 2019 Or Claiming Price $75,000
Race 8 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 Vault, R Santana, Jr., 7/2
- 2 Vexatious, D Cannon, 9/2
- 3 Miss Bigly, SCRATCHED
- 4 Letruska, S Elliott, 9/2
- 5 Beach Flower, A L Canchari, 15/1
- 6 Blessed Again, T J Thompson, 20/1
- 7 Fighting Mad, SCRATCHED
- 8 Blamed (MD), J Talamo, 9/2
- 9 Motion Emotion, T Baze, 10/1
Race 8 Prediction and Pick
Vault, ridden by Ricardo Santana Jr., is the favorite in this race at 7/2. But I like Letruska at 9/2, ridden by Stewart Elliott, for the win. Letruska is a recent import from Mexico, where she nailed firsts at the Hipodromo de las Americas in all six of her career starts there. She has since repeated that winning performance twice—at Gulfstream and at Oaklawn—with her only non-first a 1-1/16 mile turf run at Gulfstream, where she led the pack until she tired in the home stretch. On dirt, though? I like her chances.
Race 8 Tip
Too many good competitors in this race at 9/2 for me to feel confident about anything at higher odds. Keep what you don’t bet on Letruska in your pocket—until the next race, anyway.
- Post Time: 5:09 PM
- Purse: $61,000
- Type: ALLOWANCE
- Distance: 6 furlongs
- Conditions: For Three Year Olds And Upward Which Have Never Won $15,000 Other Than Maiden, Claiming, Starter, Or State Bred Allowance Or Which Have Never Won Two Races
Race 9 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 Box of Chocolates, R A Vazquez, 8/1
- 2 Horse Doctor, D Cannon, 10/1
- 3 Hollywood Star, K Roman, 30/1
- 4 Union Ride, O Mojica, 4/1
- 5 I’m Busy, T Baze, 12/1
- 6 American Mandate, R Santana, Jr., 8/1
- 7 Edgemont Road, J Rocco, Jr., 12/1
- 8 Creme de Cerise, M Garcia, 10/1
- 9 Breaking News, J Talamo, 12/1
- 10 Hubbadahubbadaboom, SCRATCHED
- 11 Marvin, A L Canchari, 7/2
- 12 Haydens Havoc, F De La Cruz, 4/1
Race 9 Prediction and Pick
The three-year-old colt Marvin, ridden by Alex Canchari, is the 7/2 favorite in this race. While Haydens Havoc and Union Ride share 4/1 odds, I believe this race belongs to Union Ride, with Orlando Mojica aboard.
Race 9 Tip
I’m Busy, with Tyler Baze aboard, is worth a two-dollar bet at 12/1.
Take a look a the following posts if you’re looking for more of my thoughts on Thursday’s horse racing.