Free Horse Racing Picks and Tips for Gulfstream Park on Thursday, April 30, 2020
Thoroughbred racing at Gulfstream Park continues on Thursday, April 30, 2020, with eleven turf/dirt races.
The weather forecast for Hallandale Beach, Florida, for Thursday is a repeat of previous days: scattered thunderstorms with a 50% chance of rain, temps in the mid-80s, and winds around 14 mph.
My Gulfstream Park picks cover just a few of the races, but you can find the full card at one of these top online racebooks.
Post time for the first race at Gulfstream Park on Thursday, April 30, 2020, is 1 PM (EDT).
- Post Time 3:45 PM (EDT)
- Purse: $45,000
- Type: MAIDEN SPECIAL WEIGHT
- Distance: 5 furlongs (turf, rail at 36 feet)
- Conditions: For Maidens, Fillies And Mares Three Years Old And Upward. If deemed inadvisable to run this race over the turf course, it will be run on the main track at Five Furlongs
Race 6 Runners and Odds Forecast
- Midnight Marvel, A A Rodriguez, SCRATCHED
- Avuncular, E J Zayas, SCRATCHED
- Coin the Phrase, L Saez, 9/2
- Cassey’s Girl, E Jaramillo, SCRATCHED
- Gloriously, C A Torres, 7/2
- Mane Attraction, M Fuentes, 10/1
- Senora Roma, D Davis, 10/1
- Humor Me Dixie, I Ortiz, Jr., 6/1
- Fuddled, T Gaffalione, SCRATCHED
Race 6 Prediction and Pick
Four late scratches (including the favorite, Fuddled, at 2/1) force me to change my pick to Coin the Phrase, ridden by Luis Saez, at 9/2.
Race 6 Tip
My initial longshot bet, Avuncular, was also scratched, and I see no others worthy of even a two-dollar hedge bet.
Coin the Phrase9/2
- Post Time: 5:19 PM
- Purse: $41,000
- Type: ALLOWANCE OPTIONAL CLAIMING
- Distance: 1 mile (turf, rail at 36 feet)
- Conditions: For State Bred Fillies And Mares Three Years Old And Upward Which Have Never Won A Race Other Than Maiden, Claiming Or Starter Or Which Have Never Won Two Races Or Claiming Price $16,000. If deemed inadvisable to run this race over the turf course, it will be run on the main track at One Mile
Race 9 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 Ghostly Beauty, T Gaffalione, SCRATCHED
- 2 Sister Otoole, L Saez, SCRATCHED
- 3 Real Doozie, E J Zayas, 6/1
- 4 Centsless Drama, N Juarez, SCRATCHED
- 5 Sky Chaser, M A Vasquez, 9/2
- 6 Heiressindy (MTO), L Reyes, 10/1
- 7 Our Closure, D Davis, 10/1
- 8 Yolanda’s Pride, I Ortiz, Jr., SCRATCHED
- 9 Run Devil, E Jaramillo, 2/1
- 10 Blue Mistress, F Olsson, SCRATCHED
- 11 Admiral’s Win, R Maragh, SCRATCHED
Race 9 Prediction and Pick
Plenty of scratches at Gulfstream today, and the new favorite in this race is Run Devil, ridden by Emisael Jaramillo.
Race 9 Tip
For a better return on your betting dollar, take a look at Real Doozie at 6/1, with Edgard Zayas aboard.
- Post Time: 5:49 PM
- Purse: $47,000
- Type: ALLOWANCE OPTIONAL CLAIMING
- Distance: 1 mile (dirt)
- Conditions: For Fillies And Mares Three Years Old And Upward Which Have Never Won $10,000 Twice Other Than Maiden, Claiming, Starter Or State Bred Allowance Or Which Have Never Won Three Races Or Claiming Price $50,000
Race 10 Runners and Odds Forecast
- I’ll Take the Cake, T Gaffalione, SCRATCHED
- Midnight Soiree, M A Vasquez, 6/1
- Crown and Sugar, L Saez, 10/1
- Flat Awesome Jenny, D Davis, 9/2
- Bella Ciao, I Ortiz, Jr., 4/1
- Sean’s Idea, C A Torres, 10/1
- Cuddle Kitten, E J Zayas, 3/1
- Final Cut, J Bravo, 12/1
Race 10 Prediction and Pick
The favorites in this race are Cuddle Kitten (3/1) and Bella Ciao (4/1), and with my initial pick, I’ll Take the Cake, crafted, I’m inclined to give the nod to Bella Ciao with Irad Ortiz Jr. aboard.
Race 10 Tip
At 10/1, Crown and Sugar ridden by Luis Saez offers a good return, and frankly, this mare is the winningest in this field, with 29 career starts, 17 of those in the money and 13 first-place finishes.
For more of my horse racing picks, check out my posts for the following races on Thursday.