Free Horse Racing Picks and Tips for Gulfstream Park on Friday, May 1, 2020
Gulfstream Park in Hallandale Beach, Florida, has an 11-race card of turf and dirt racing for Friday, May 1, 2020.
The weather forecast for Gulfstream Park on Friday calls for sunny skies, temps in the mid-80s, zero chance of rain, and 10 mph winds.
Remember that you can always find the full card of Gulfstream races, along with entries, jockeys, trainers, and wagering options at one of our top horse racing betting sites.
Post time for the first race at Gulfstream Park on Friday, May 1, 2020, is 1 PM (EDT). Here are my picks and tips.
- Post Time: 1:35 PM
- Purse: $33,000
- Type: MAIDEN CLAIMING
- Distance 4-1/2 furlongs
- Conditions: For Maidens, Two Years Old.
Race 2 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 Chucky, E Jaramillo, 6/1
- 2 Lucky as a Seven, I Ortiz, Jr., 4/5
- 3 Midnight Traveler, M Arroyo, 10/1
- 4 Catching Fish, L Saez, 8/1
- 5 Highly Noted, E J Zayas, 10/1
- 6 Hall Rich Legacy, SCRATCHED
- 7 Exchange Day, C A Torres, 9/2
- 8 Congrats Again, M A Vasquez, 20/1
- 9 Testified, M Meneses, 30/1
Race 2 Prediction and Pick
At 4/5 moneyline, Lucky as a Seven is about as much a sure thing as it can be, particularly with a good starting gate position and Irad Ortiz, Jr. aboard. Am I going to buck the odds and pick a different winner? No, I am not.
Race 2 Tip
Originally an also-eligible, a late scratch moves Testified into the starting gate. At 30/1, the shot doesn’t get much longer, so maybe just imagine blowing two bucks on Testified.
Lucky as a Seven4/5
- Post Time: 3:45 PM
- Purse: $41,000
- Type: MAIDEN SPECIAL WEIGHT
- Distance: 1-1/16 miles (turf, rail at 36 feet)
- Conditions: For State Bred Maidens, Fillies And Mares Three Years Old And Upward. If deemed inadvisable to run this race over the turf course, it will be run on the main track at One Mile and One Sixteenth
Race 6 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 Mo of the West, T Gaffalione, 9/2
- 2 Aizu, SCRATCHED
- 3 Awesome Ella, SCRATCHED
- 4 Amadora, L Saez, 8/1
- 5 Starship Nugget, V Lebron, 8/1
- 6 Key Biscayne, E Jaramillo, 2/1
- 7 Love Ranger, M Meneses, 20/1
- 8 By His Grace, SCRATCHED
Race 6 Prediction and Pick
The 2/1 favorite in this maiden race, Key Biscayne with Emisael Jaramillo aboard, is my choice for the win here.
Race 6 Tip
I liked Aizu at 6/1, but with her late scratch–as well as a couple of other scratches–I don’t see any other possibilities for a surprise win in this race.
- Post Time: 5:49 PM
- Purse: $41,000
- Type: ALLOWANCE OPTIONAL CLAIMING
- Distance: 5 furlongs (turf, rail at 36 feet)
- Conditions: For State Bred Fillies And Mares Three Years Old And Upward Which Have Never Won A Race Other Than Maiden, Claiming Or Starter Or Which Have Never Won Two Races Or Claiming Price $16,000. If deemed inadvisable to run this race over the turf course, it will be run on the main track at Five Furlongs
Race 10 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 Queen Abarrio, L Reyes, 15/1
- 2 Royal Jewel, SCRATCHED
- 3 All About Stella, E Jaramillo, 6/1
- 4 Prospective Diva, E J Zayas, 10/1
- 5 Takestwotowiggle, M Meneses, 20/1
- 6 Twice as Magical, SCRATCHED
- 7 Over Gators, M A Vasquez, 9/2
- 8 Foxy Lady (MTO), J Trejos, 20/1
- 9 Heir Ball, SCRATCHED
- 10 Song River, T Gaffalione, 4/1
- 11 Charlotte the Brit, SCRATCHED
Race 10 Prediction and Pick
With late scratches, the filly Song River, ridden by Tyler Gaffalione, moves into the favorite position at 4/1. Not nearly as impressive a career as the original favorite, but five finishes in the money (one a win) out of eight career starts isn’t bad for a three-year-old.
Race 10 Tip
Foxy Lady moved out of the also-eligible list into the entries, and at 20/1, is an interesting possibility. With 10 career starts, three money finishes (two of them wins), it’s not likely to happen, but yes, it could happen.
Looking for a steady stream of betting picks ranging from horse racing to soccer to football and more? Bookmark our predictions and picks blog. Here are some more horse racing picks and tips for Friday.