Free Horse Racing Picks and Tips for Fonner Park on Monday, May 4, 2020
Fonner Park thoroughbred racing continues on Monday, May 4, 2020 with an eight-race card of mostly claiming races, with a couple of maiden matches thrown in for good measure.
The weather forecast for Monday at Fonner Park in Grand Island, Nebraska calls for rain (90% chance), temps in the upper 50s, and winds at 17 mph.
You can check out the complete list of races, entries, trainers, and wager options for Fonner Park at any of these online racebooks.
Post time for the first race at Fonner Park on Monday, May 4, 2020 is 4 PM (CDT). My picks and tips can be found below, and you might also be interested in my horse racing betting selections for Will Rogers Downs.
- Post Time: 5:21 PM
- Purse: $7,040
- Type: MAIDEN SPECIAL WEIGHT
- Distance: 6-1/2 furlongs
- For Certified Nebraska Bred Maidens, Fillies And Mares Three Years Old And Upward.
Race 4 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 Sweet Cowgirl, S A Bethke, 4/1
- 2 Get the Glue, E McNeil, 12/1
- 3 Bulls Eye Betty, D Wood, 8/1
- 4 Amy’s Shadow, M T Luark, 12/1
- 5 Wildfire Sis, A Martinez, 10/1
- 6 Miss Blue Rooster, 6/1
- 7 Princess B, R Martinez, 15/1
- 8 Zibby Too, J L Olesiak, 5/2
- 9 Fancy Me Marie, J Journet, 10/1
- 10 Miss Justice, L R Rodriguez, 6/1
Race 4 Prediction and Pick
The favorite in this race is Zibby Too at 5/2, and I’m inclined to call this race for her. With money finishes in three of her four starts, she’s ridden in this race by Jake Olesiak, who has a solid wins/earning record of his own.
Race 4 Tip
This field is about as lackluster as a maiden race can get. Save your longshot money for another race.
- Post Time: 6:15 PM
- Purse: $7,000
- Type: ALLOWANCE
- Distance: 6 furlongs
- For Fillies And Mares Three Years Old And Upward Which Have Never Won Two Races.
Race 6 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 Blessings Noted, D Wood, 10/1
- 2 Definitelydazzling, A Martinez, 4/1
- 3 D L’s Girl, N Haar, 5/1
- 4 Pretty Rich, C Fackler, 5/2
- 5 Violent Fit, J L Olesiak, 8/1
- 6 Shell Locket, S A Bethke, 3/1
- 7 Cline Time, L R Rodriguez, 15/1
- 8 Brillant Mind, M T Luark, 10/1
Race 6 Prediction and Pick
I like the second-favored horse in this match, Shell Locket at 3/1. This mare has 13 career starts and 8 finishes in the money. With Scott Bethke aboard, this should be smooth sailing.
Race 6 Tip
Blessings Noted at 10/1 could be this race’s surprise. With only six starts, she’s moneyed twice, one of which was a win. Pole position doesn’t hurt, either.
- Post Time: 6:42 PM
- Purse: $5,400
- Type: CLAIMING
- Distance: 4 furlongs
- For Three Year Olds And Upward Which Have Never Won Four Races Or Which Have Not Won A Race Since December 4, 2019.
Race 7 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 College Party, R Martinez, 7/2
- 2 Silis, D Wood, 8/1
- 3 G Man Is in Town, S A Bethke, 10/1
- 4 Hyperbolizer, T Hynes, 10/1
- 5 Primarily Gold, L R Rodriguez, 6/1
- 6 Call a Cop, M T Luark, 15/1
- 7 Contraband, J Journet, 9/2
- 8 Fearless Kitty, J L Olesiak, 12/1
- 9 Langs Legend, A Martinez, 5/2
Race 7 Prediction and Pick
I’m going with the favorite in this race: Langs Legend, ridden by Armando Martinez. At 5/2 moneyline, Langs Legend has good stats: 49 career starts, 21 finishes in the money—six of which were wins. And Martinez has more than 17,000 rides and some very healthy wins/earnings stats.
Race 7 Tip
Not a longshot, but at 6/1, Primarily Gold actually has a better career record than the favorite: 49 starts, 21 money finishes—13 of which were wins. Sure, Luis Ramon Rodriguez has less experience than the favorite’s pilot, but I think a better post position and a more competitive spirit could win the day for Primarily Gold.