Free Horse Racing Picks for Fonner Park on Wednesday, April 15, 2020
The big race at Fonner Park in Grand Island, Nebraska, on Wednesday, April 15, 2020 is, of course, the Dowd Mile Stakes, with an equally big purse of $15,000.
The weather forecast for Wednesday at Fonner Park is partly cloudy, with highs in the lower 50s, 12 mph winds, and about a 10% chance of precipitation.
As always, you can follow my Fonner Park picks with a quick visit to any of the top horse racing betting sites we recommend.
Post time for the first race at Fonner Park on April 15, 2020, is 4 PM (CDT).
For more horse racing betting tips today, check out my selections in the following posts.
- Post Time: 4 PM
- Purse: $7,040
- Type: MAIDEN SPECIAL WEIGHT
- Distance: 6 furlongs (dirt)
- Conditions: For Certified Nebraska-Bred Maidens, Three Years Old and Upward
Race 1 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 P R Streakin, B McNeil, 3/1
- 2 Ragtop Red, A Martinez, 6/1
- 3 Pete and Repete, E McNeil, 6/1
- 4 P R Why Not, R Martinez, 7/2
- 5 P R Gold Play, J L Olesiak, 5/2
- 6 Tiz a Magic Man, D Wood, 10/1
- 7 In Side the Line, L R Rodriguez, 8/1
Race 1 Prediction and Pick
If this weren’t a maiden race specifically for Nebraska-bred horses, it might be surprising to find three of breeder Judy Pryor’s “children” competing in the same race (hint: “P R” stands for “Pryor Ranch”). It is surprising, though, that the three hold the top favorite slots. And since all three have similarly brief careers so far, I’m giving more weight to post position and jockey. Which means I’m favoring P R Streakin, ridden by Bryan McNeil, to use his primo post position to edge out the moneyline favorite, P R Gold Play with Jake Olesiak aboard.
P R Streakin3/1
- Post Time: 6:42 PM
- Purse: $8,400
- Type: ALLOWANCE OPTIONAL CLAIMING
- Distance: 4 furlongs (dirt)
- Conditions: For Three Year Olds and Upward Which Have Never Won Four Races or Claiming Price $10,000
Race 7 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 Dun Sober, D Wood, 7/2
- 2 Masterful Stride, B McNeil, 8/1
- 3 I’m River (FL), A Martinez, 6/1
- 4 Poverty Flats, N Haar, 10/1
- 5 Man Camp, J Journet, 5/2
- 6 Banker Bob, R Martinez, 12/1
- 7 Gold Eclipse, S A Bethke, 9/2
- 8 Clipboard Money, L R Rodriguez, 6/1
Race 7 Prediction and Pick
Man Camp is the favorite in this race, with Dun Sober close behind—and I think this is Dun Sober’s turn, especially with jockey Dakota Woods aboard. With 156 starts in 2020, I don’t think Woods has set foot on the ground since New Year’s Day. Also, Dun Sober has earned money in 15 of his 25 career races, so he knows how the lawn gets mowed.
- Post Time: 7:36 PM
- Purse: $15,000
- Type: DOWD MILE STAKES
- Distance: 1 mile (dirt)
- Conditions: For Three Year Olds and Upward. PURSE $15,000-guaranteed
Race 9 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 Ted W, D Wood, 6/1
- 2 Awesome Emmit, C Fackler, 12/1
- 3 Thetrashmanscoming, N Haar, 10/1
- 4 Yo Y Me, J L Olesiak, 10/1
- 5 Mas Mischief, J Journet, 8/1
- 6 Mr. Tickle, B McNeil, 5/2
- 7 Bigshot Lacewell, T Hynes, 15/1
- 8 Blue Harbor, A Martinez, 4/1
- 9 Doby, L R Rodriguez, 12/1
- 10 Rock City Roadhog, E McNeil, 6/1
Race 9 Prediction and Pick
This is the big race of the day—the Dowd Mile Stakes. Mr. Tickle is the favorite at 5/2, with Blue Harbor and Rock City Roadhog slightly less well-liked on the moneyline. In the meantime, Ted W at 6/1 seems to have been overlooked for some reason. He’s got a competent jockey in Dakota Wood, and Ted W has won all three races he’s entered in 2020 so far. What’s not to like?