Free Horse Racing Picks and Betting Tips for Thistledown Racino – Wednesday, June 10, 2020
Thoroughbred racing at Thistledown Racino continues on Wednesday, June 10, 2020, with an eight-match card of claiming and allowance races.
The forecast for Randall, Ohio, on Wednesday calls for scattered thunderstorms with a 40% chance of rain, highs in the upper 80s, and winds around 16 mph.
I cover the three richest races, but you can always find the full card of races and entries for Thistledown at these recommended horse racing betting sites.
Post time for the first race on Wednesday is 12:50 PM (EDT). My Thistledown picks and betting tips follow below.
- Post Time: 1:50 PM
- Purse: $17,000
- Type: STARTER ALLOWANCE
- Distance: 5-1/2 furlongs
- Conditions: For Fillies And Mares Three Years Old And Upward Which Have Started For A Claiming Price Of $12,500 Or Less In 2019 – 2020
Race 3 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 J P’s Gladys, Gerardo Corrales, 7/2
- 1A Josie the E F Five, L Machado, 7/2
- 2 Unwritten, J A Bracho, 9/2
- 3 Run Mickey Run, D J Haldar, 6/1
- 4 Nice Ride, E Barbaran, 8/1
- 5 Hidatsa Park, E Paucar, 5/2
- 6 Sky Vision, R Feliciano, 3/1
Coupled Entries – 1 – J P’s Gladys, 1A – Josie the E F Five
Race 3 Prediction and Pick
I like Unwritten, at 9/2, with Jose Bracho in the irons. This three-year-old filly has a short but sweet record of six money finishes in seven career starts—two of them wins.
Race 3 Tip
None of the longer-odds entries are worth the risk in this race, so put your wallet away.
- Post Time: 2:50 PM
- Purse: $23,000
- Type: ALLOWANCE
- Distance: 6 furlongs
- Conditions: For Fillies And Mares Three Years Old And Upward Which Have Not Won A Race In 2020
Race 5 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 Spring in the Wind, J A Bracho, 8/5
- 1A Totally Obsessed, SCRATCHED
- 2 Hawt Mess, A Santos, 4/1
- 2B Sophie’s Angel, E Barbaran, 4/1
- 3 Stormologist, G Corrales, 7/2
- 4 Cali Dream, Y L Correa, 6/1
- 5 Vertrazzo, L Machado, 3/1
B – Coupled Entries – 2 – Hawt Mess, 2B – Sophie’s Angel
Race 5 Prediction and Pick
I like the second-favored entry in this race, Vertrazzo, with Luan Machado aboard. This five-year-old mare moneyed in 14 of her 15 career starts, with seven of them wins. And Machado may not be the best jockey in this race, but he certainly has the chops to keep Vertrazzo in the winner’s circle.
Race 5 Tip
The longest odds you’ll find in this race are 6/1, so go ahead—throw down a show bet on Cali Dream, with apprentice Yarmarie Correa in the irons. Cali Dream moneyed in 21 of her 39 starts, ten of those wins. And thanks to Correa’s apprentice weight allowance, this six-year-old mare will be carrying five pounds less burden than her competition.
- Post Time: 3:50 PM
- Purse: $21,500
- Type: ALLOWANCE
- Distance:6 furlongs
- Conditions: For Fillies And Mares Three Years Old And Upward Which Have Never Won A Race Other Than Maiden, Claiming, Optional, Starter, Or Ohio Bred Or Which Have Never Won Two Races
Race 7 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 Drillit, T D Houghton, 7/2
- 1A Edge of Night, SCRATCHED
- 2 Grizabella, L R Rivera, 3/1
- 3 Miss Mischievous, R Feliciano, 6/1
- 4 Yurubi, H Berrios, 6/1
- 5 G Q Girl, Y L Correa, 8/1
- 6 Market Success, A Santos, 10/1
- 7 Happy Issue, R Mejias, 12/1
- 8 Shore of Eden, L A Gonzalez, 9/2
Race 7 Prediction and Pick
I like the second-favored (9/2) entry in this race, as well: Shore of Eden, with Luis Antonio Gonzalez aboard. This three-year-old filly has four money finishes out of 11 career starts, with three of those wins. That’s actually impressive in this field.
Race 7 Tip
At 12/1, I think Happy Issue, with Ricardo Mejias in the irons, is a good show ticket invest, if not a win ticket. This six-year-old mare has moneyed in 17 of her 32 starts and won eight of them.
Shore of Eden9/2